lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Jedi academy patch 1.01 (Official Update Thread)
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 11-12-2003, 03:38 AM   #121
Crow_Nest
Forum Spammer

Quote:
Originally posted by Sam Fisher
Ummm.... I'm having a problem. Where are the servers that run the patch?
Use all seeing eye.

Xbox 360 Gamertag: cr0wnes7
Crow_Nest is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-12-2003, 03:46 AM   #122
Andy867
McCan Caoma

If you update your game, it will only show v1.01 I thought. Or is it just the server files.. Oh well, its one of them... Like Crow said, just use ASE and look for games with the filter of basejka and not BASEJK.

Shut yo face before I punch you in the mouth, break your teeth and call you Snaggle-tooth.
Andy867 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-12-2003, 04:29 AM   #123
ogre_h

Has anyone else lost dismemberment ability?

I had a shortcut with this cheat "C:\Program Files\LucasArts\Star Wars Jedi Knight Jedi Academy\GameData\jasp.exe" +set g_sabermorerealistic 5 +devmapall +quick +set g_sabermorerealistic 5

Before the patch, I had dismemberment. Now nada. How can we get saberrealistic combat with the patch?
Is there another way?

Thanks
ogre_h is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-12-2003, 04:36 AM   #124
Crow_Nest
Forum Spammer

try typing the dismember command into the "autoexec.cfg" file in your base folder. But may not work.

NOTE: If you don't have the .cfg file, look for "jaconfig.cfg" and rename it to "autoexec.cfg".

Old 11-12-2003, 04:39 AM   #125
Kurgan
Headhunter

LFN Staff Member 10 year veteran! 
Quote:
had a shortcut with this cheat "C:\Program Files\LucasArts\Star Wars Jedi Knight Jedi Academy\GameData\jasp.exe" +set g_sabermorerealistic 5 +devmapall +quick +set g_sabermorerealistic 5
I haven't tried this yet myself but I'm told that replacing devmapall with helpusobi 1 may solve the problem.

Apparently the devs didn't want us to keep using devmapall so they nixed it in the patch... go figure.

Download JK2 maps for JA Server|BOOT CAMP!|Strategic Academy|
(JA Server: 108.178.55.189:29070)

"The Concussion Rifle is the weapon of a Jedi Knight Player, an elegant weapon, from a more civilized community." - Kyle Katarn
Kurgan is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-12-2003, 05:03 AM   #126
razorace
Impressive, Terran!

I've noticed that with the patch, devmap (not devmapall) doesn't always work the first time you try it.

---Jedi Guardian of the Newbie Questions
---Masters of the Force Team Leader / Creator
---Open Jedi Project Lead Moderator / Co-Founder
razorace is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-12-2003, 05:48 AM   #127
Nemios

Quote:
Originally posted by Nemios
Could someone try cg_fpls 1 to see if they included a trasparent skin for 1st person view, either in SP or in MP? If they did I'll finally buy this game...
Please, it's important.

"I find your lack of first person lightsaber disturbing" - Darth Vader
"May the first person lightsaber be with you" - Obi-Wan Kenobi
Nemios is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-12-2003, 05:59 AM   #128
razorace
Impressive, Terran!

Quote:
Originally posted by Nemios
Please, it's important.
I can tell from just the files that they didn't.

---Jedi Guardian of the Newbie Questions
---Masters of the Force Team Leader / Creator
---Open Jedi Project Lead Moderator / Co-Founder
razorace is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-12-2003, 06:31 AM   #129
Amidala from Chop Shop
Politically-correct jerk

Warmup is still broken. g_doWarmup 1 and g_warmup 45 do nothing, there is still no warmup period. Oh well, maybe in the next patch.

Amidala from Chop Shop is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-12-2003, 07:16 AM   #130
Lord Death =RG=
Lurker

OK now lemmy be the first to say somethin bad about this patch. I still get the damn invalid folder message on some servers. It is much better now but i still get them. I just goed and buyed the original after 20 ppl tould me that its cuz of my illegal copy. Now i buyed the original and its still there. ARGHHHHHHHH. Graphical fixes and bug fixes are all nice and good but for what use are they for me if i cant join half of the servers
Lord Death =RG= is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-12-2003, 08:06 AM   #131
Lord Death =RG=
Lurker

Ah take a look at this. I just went to a duel server (it was empty) and i took this screen.

Old 11-12-2003, 08:35 AM   #132
CK_EmPreSS
Rookie

LOL you get the invalid folder message on some servers because those are running the wrong version, then.

--------
Right now few servers are running the patch anyway, but they will soon for sure. As far as patches go, it's good because it doesn't change much... but that also makes it bad imo. The inconsistant damage with sabers was something that really needed to be worked on. Example: sometimes a roll stab right in the back can kill in one hit and sometimes it wont. That needs to be dealt with. What I don't understand is why raven messed with the rolling. WHO CARES ABOUT ROLLING! They just went through all this trouble to make rolling more difficult than before and took out holding crouch while running to keep rolling. With all the little problems in the game I just find it amusing that they'd waste time messing with how players roll....

www.cryptkeepers.vze.com
CK_EmPreSS is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-12-2003, 08:44 AM   #133
Lord Death =RG=
Lurker

Im not sure they are running the wrong version. Its the ingame browser i was joining from. And also i tryed from ASE a few servers and invalid folder appeared in 4 from 5 tryes. I was joining the basejka version with the protocol 26.

Just downloading the newest nVidia drivers to see if that will fix some of the problems i get on some maps
Old 11-12-2003, 09:07 AM   #134
Andy867
McCan Caoma

Did you completely remove the beta from your PC. if anything, try removing the beta if anything remains, uninstall Academy, restart PC, and install after downloading the video drivers and update to the patch and see if that helps.

Shut yo face before I punch you in the mouth, break your teeth and call you Snaggle-tooth.
Old 11-12-2003, 09:09 AM   #135
Kurgan
Headhunter

Ok, as you know we have rules against posting about warez, so consider this your warning.

Anyway, completely remove any "illegal" versions of the game (leaked beta, warez, whatever) from your system. Next remove the Demo version (if you have it) from your system completely.

In fact, uninstall every single version of JA you have from your computer. Now you'll want to install the REAL game in a fresh folder.

Take the original CD's (for the full retail version of JA) and install them per the usual method.

Now get the 1.01 patch from lucasfiles.com (maybe the one you got was a corrupt patch or something?). Install it.

Restart your comp. Then try joining a server that's listed as basejka (1.011)

Check to see if your video card drivers are current.
Check to see that your DirectX version is up to date.

Needless to say you should remove any mods you had installed previously that might be screwing up the game.

Does it work now?

Quote:
I've noticed that with the patch, devmap (not devmapall) doesn't always work the first time you try it.
I noticed this as well.. so it's not just me!

"The Concussion Rifle is the weapon of a Jedi Knight Player, an elegant weapon, from a more civilized community." - Kyle Katarn
Old 11-12-2003, 09:52 AM   #136
Lord Death =RG=
Lurker

Ok also iv done this:

I removed all traces from a beta from my computer. I removed the full version. I removed all maps etc. I removed any directory which had to do with JA. I goed to the registry and manually deleted everithing that has to do with lucas, sw, JA. Downloaded and installed the nVidia drivers version 52.16. Restarted my computer!

Installed the full retail JA. Installed the patch. Run JA. From 5 servers i try to join i get in 3 and get the invalid folder message on 2. From ASE from 5 servers i try to join 4 works on 1 get invalid folder.

My system specs are:

Athlon XP 2200+
512MB DDR333
nVidia GeForce 4 MX440 64MB DDR
WD 40GB 7200 rpm, WD 60GB 7200rpm
MSI KT3V (newest bios on it)

I hope this works itself out in a few days or im gonna ask my money back Payed allot money for something that dont even work
Old 11-12-2003, 10:36 AM   #137
Andy867
McCan Caoma

well, if anything you can try Kurgan's server which is Legit and frag away on it. (little, sefless server promoting for ya Kurgan )

Old 11-12-2003, 11:54 AM   #138
Lord Death =RG=
Lurker

Yah taht server works ^^. Donno why the others doesnt work then. Is the ingame browser showing also the old version?

*EDIT*: Also the stupid Linux server has a big bug in it. My friend has a server for his clan and he has put the new linux server today. Whenever somewone tryes to join his jk3 crashes. Its not only on his server on some other also! Is there a cure for that?
Old 11-12-2003, 01:32 PM   #139
Prime
Am I a truck or robot?

Current Game: Skyrim, Macross PS2
10 year veteran! LF Jester Veteran Modder Helpful! 
Quote:
Originally posted by razorace
I can tell from just the files that they didn't.
It is not included in the patch for the same reasons it wasn't included in the initial release.
Prime is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-12-2003, 01:32 PM   #140
IG-64

LFN Staff Member Forum Veteran 
Quote:
Originally posted by |GG|Crow_Nest
what is the cheat master gonna do?
i'm sorry to say that the cheat master is starting to pass into the west (getting bored). While i will stay with lucas forums, don't expect any ground-breaking cheats soon, but i'll try the patch and see if i can get kicks to work with all types of sabers.
I seem content with my own enter cut-scene find and my saberstaff throw but i'll try to find more cheats for the public
IG-64 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-12-2003, 03:10 PM   #141
Lord Death =RG=
Lurker

Ah i just checked a few things when joining a server and it seems that i cant connect to any server that is a Linux server from the 10 nov 2003. My JA always crashes on such servers or i get the invalid folder message. On the other hand i can connect to servers from the 24. oct and the 30. oct 2003. I dont understand that! How many version of that servers are there?
Old 11-12-2003, 06:14 PM   #142
ogre_h

Ok, what's the syntax of the dismemberment command that I should put in autoexec.cfg?
ogre_h is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-13-2003, 12:45 AM   #143
eniaC

Quote:
Originally posted by Lord Death =RG=
Ah take a look at this. I just went to a duel server (it was empty) and i took this screen.

http://ds.gamer.hr/pics/error1.JPG
I've had that same prob. on Yavin since I bought the game in Sept., well the first couple of weeks it worked fine, and it seems to be gone once again.
I do not know what caused and how I fixed it, it may be server side glitch/bug whatever.

Oh, and btw: I Have a legal copy w/ documentation to prove so

eniaC
eniaC is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-13-2003, 02:49 AM   #144
TK-8252
Get Cloned.

Does anyone know if this patch has fixed the hit box of the Jawa for multiplayer? I'm still not allowed to let people use the Jawa at the JK3Files server.

BTW, the only "illegal" models which were removed were the Luke and Kyle menu skins, which were the ones missing their lower body. (Which were not allowed at JK3Files either)
TK-8252 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-13-2003, 04:01 AM   #145
Crow_Nest
Forum Spammer

Quote:
Originally posted by ogre_h
Ok, what's the syntax of the dismemberment command that I should put in autoexec.cfg?

I think its "g_sabermorerealistic [number]" or "g_saberrealisticcombat [number]"

Old 11-13-2003, 04:25 AM   #146
Charlemane

If server admins are running the new server exes without including the new assets3.pk3 file on their end, then people who try to join those servers with legit copies and the correct patch will get the invalid server message through no fault of their own.

Just pick another server if you get this message.
Charlemane is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-13-2003, 01:14 PM   #147
Prime
Am I a truck or robot?

Current Game: Skyrim, Macross PS2
10 year veteran! LF Jester Veteran Modder Helpful! 
Quote:
Originally posted by Charlemane
If server admins are running the new server exes without including the new assets3.pk3 file on their end, then people who try to join those servers with legit copies and the correct patch will get the invalid server message through no fault of their own.

Just pick another server if you get this message.
IIRC, this happened a lot with 1.04 in JO. It wouldn't prevent you from connecting, but the gameplay was default 1.03. It shouldn't take to long for people to clue in.
Prime is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-14-2003, 01:02 AM   #148
<|FeaR|>Storm

I have another problem with the patch.

I used to have a nice ping between 100-155 since my hosted server is in the states and im over in holland.

Anyway my ping now is 170-250... wot the heck happened ???

I'm very close in removing the dang patch coz I cant do a single thing on my server without lagging..

In a duel i hop and hop.. I used to be able to duel without lag.. now with the patch installed I get an abruptive high ping..

I think this patch needs to be patched. I know it took a few patches for JO back when it was new. But this is getting rediculous.. i cant beat anyone anymore.

Thank you..

"Honor leads to <|FeaR|>"
<|FeaR|>Storm is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-14-2003, 02:26 AM   #149
Kurgan
Headhunter

I have had a lot of lag lately as well, but I'm not sure if the patch is at fault or just my ISP.

Pings seem anywhere from 50-100 ms higher than usual.

I've always had lag problems on Siege Desert for the most part (laggier than the other siege maps or FFA, etc) and lots of connection interrupted on the worst days.

But I've played it on other servers with less problems, so it may just be me...

Old 11-14-2003, 06:59 AM   #150
JDHannan
Lurker

JA + patch = teh suck

seriously, my 3 friends can roll like bastards, but i roll 1/10 times in a fight. if i'm by myself, walking around, i can roll most of the time, but thats not very friggin useful.
i can roll sideways maybe 1/30(!) times
this is seriously horrible
JDHannan is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-14-2003, 08:28 AM   #151
SirYawnalot

Hannan, you need momentum to roll now, like in SP. Just run for a bit before you roll. It's intended to limit roll-stab spamming I think, but it's brought with it a new set of problems.
SirYawnalot is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-14-2003, 08:44 AM   #152
<|FeaR|>Storm

I never had any lag before, and I'm sure its not my isp.
My speed is DSL/2048 so thats not slow.

it must be the patch coz it happened after I installed it,

Old 11-14-2003, 10:13 AM   #153
Abbas
Lurker

Exclamation New Patch, OLD bugs

It seems that the a couple of severe bugs that plague siege maps weren't fixed.

I'm talking about the disappearing bridge in Hoth: sometimes the bridge (one of the objectives of the map) simply disappears after being extended. This bug seems erratic but it mostly occurs when an AT-ST explodes nearby. Needless to say, without the bridge the walker cannot cross the deep shaft and attack the shield generator. Imperials may still win but the game is obviously unbalanced.

Another similar but even more severe bug occurs in the Desert map. One of the protocol droid parts (the arm located in the small room to the south west of the town) sometimes does not appear at all, thus the rebels cannot complete their mission.

These two bugs are well known to all the siege players although it seems that only certain servers are affected. Last week, I spent half a day playing siege on a German server and I had no problems at all; yesterday night, on a UK server, almost every time Hoth was launched we were plagued by the nasty bridge bug.
Abbas is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-15-2003, 02:00 AM   #154
DarkangelFOG
Rookie

Roll.

A lot of people are complaining about this. Why?
I love the new roll method. It makes sense. And, it isn't that hard to do. You only need to take two steps, then roll. For a backwards roll, you make a quick jump, then roll. Makes the fights slightly more interesting. I hope Raven does not back out on that idea.

However, I do agree that we need a new patch. Already. Just a few things that need to be fixed, like well. The Saber damage...still. Before, I thought two sabers was too strong. Now, they don't seem to be as strong, but, staff seems to be stronger now.

I am thankful they have the master server list working. I think that was the main issue, and, let's be realistic here. We cannot expect them to fix every little problem in the game in one patch.

So, they changed the gameplay a little bit. Someone mentioned it was more like SP (the roll), which is great. I want to see more SP elements in MP. The NPC AI in MP could be better.

I am however disapointed about the flying, now. It feels completely different, but, I'll get used to it. Hm. What else is bothering me? Oh, the fact that a lot of people are complaining about this, that, and the other thing. It's a game. Have fun with it, that's what it was made for. It wasn't made for a community to pick it apart bit by bit.

One bug I really wish they'd fix is that saber throw glitch. That's about the only thing that really bothers me. But, it happens.

Anyway, I know I said complaining about the game bothers me, and I've complained a bit, but, I still would like to say thanks to Raven for making such a great game, and doing their best to fix our problems with it. They could have not patched it. Screw it, we have their money, end of story. Weee. But, no. They're fixing it for us. So, again. Thanks, Raven.
DarkangelFOG is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-15-2003, 05:41 AM   #155
Andy867
McCan Caoma

Actually, I feel like the saber damage is quite accurate, I mean, obviously people need to continuously improve their skills in order to meet today's fast paced environment of new players, and with that comes new methods, so just learning those methods are honing on current strengths will help even against the ridiculed staff. I say ridiculed because all in Outcast, people were wanting it but not the cheats, and now that they have it, they are complaing that its too strong, and blah blah blah. If you had any skills, you wouldnt need to complain except for the real bugs.

Old 11-15-2003, 04:27 PM   #156
Coraith
Rookie

This *moan* is from a MP perspective as I finished the Sp game in a day on Master and that was the last time I played SP.

The only "bug" that really bothers me is (excuse how I describe this as I do not know the technical jargon) the way that at least once a duel my saber goes right through my opponent without causing any damage.

This mostly happens with Red Stance Single Saber, but as that is my main Stance I can't speak for Staff Sabers and Duel Sabers.

It is by far the worst "bug" in the game, Saber damage can be changed by the host of any server veer config files, Clans can remain Single Saber only Clans, if they think the Staff and Duel Sabers are unfairly balanced or whatever.......but this "bug" takes all the skill out of a Duel.

If I lose to a Newbie player with a Staff because I didn't get out the way in time then that's fine and part of the fun but if I lose because my Saber cut through his mid section without damage...well that just makes my pissed off. Then add to the fact that this happens all day every day on almost every duel at least once.....I am starting to hate it.

All I ask is that if my Saber touches flesh it burns them.....is that too much to ask???

I know of at least one Raven Employee who reads these Forum Boards and if your listening I would love to know if they are, one aware of this "bug" and two going to do anything about it in the near future..i.e next patch.

Other than that big problem I love the game, and I loved Jk2 1.04 (never played the other versions), the other bugs don't bother me so much, would be nice to see Yellow Flip attack (other wise known as butterfly or yellow DFA) do some damage...at the moment it only serves as a quick way to avoid an attack.

So if we could have Sabers act like Sabers I'll be a happy man.

Last edited by Coraith; 11-16-2003 at 10:15 AM.
Coraith is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-15-2003, 04:30 PM   #157
atx250

Not a rant, but i would like to know why the one duel limit on FFA.

Bring on the mods, Pu Lease.

[EDIT]

YES YES, i want my yellow dfa back, it has no balls at the mo.

atx250
atx250 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-15-2003, 04:39 PM   #158
<|FeaR|>Storm

Well since we all *moan* Coraith hehe I wanna moan too.

I am mainly a single saber duellist and my point of view and my own oppinion is that staff or doubles are for noobs that got no skills and just want to win without making a real effort.

I've seen the same bugs with single too, I use yellow and red stance for most of my attacks. And believe me when I say it aint doing much. My saber has gone thru a lot of places on an opponent and still no damage? what the heck.. I just allmost immediately loose my fun.

I also know that this is just the first patch and like JO there were others before 1.04, I like Coraith dont know the previous patches of JO either. But I would have expected JA to be a lil better.

And whats up with only 1 private duel on FFA, most of the clans have FFA on but are more a duel clan. I know what most say and thats set it to duel.. But are you willing to stay hours and hours online in a waiting row just for 1 duel. I dont. I liked the multiple duels on FFA on JO. I would gladly see this happen on JA aswell.

I'm not here to offend anyone but im just a lil bit disappointed in a few things about JA. I was really hoping it be better, dont get me wrong. the models, textures and other stuff look great and way better. But somethings can use a change.

Cheers

Old 11-15-2003, 05:26 PM   #159
jangofett804
Rookie

Um... dunno if its been yet discovered but i think the patch lets you use boba fetts flamethrower (it replaces force lightning)
jangofett804 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-15-2003, 07:10 PM   #160
ondrahosek

How? What should I type into the console?

Ondra
(Ravu al Hemio, IH8Andre)
ondrahosek is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > JediKnight Series > Game Discussion > Jedi Academy > Jedi academy patch 1.01 (Official Update Thread)