lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Jedi academy patch 1.01 (Official Update Thread)
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 04-15-2004, 05:58 AM   #201
Andy867
McCan Caoma

Well, despite what people have said, the majority have said the patch had more improvements and fixes then just leaving the game as is

Shut yo face before I punch you in the mouth, break your teeth and call you Snaggle-tooth.
Andy867 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-09-2004, 05:17 PM   #202
cjcr12
Lurker

someone told me to reinstall my academy game and update the game, but can someone take the time to send me a game saved of the bast castle after jan and kyle destroy the top of the reactor? arte@decolage.com my game sends me a no spawn entities error.
cjcr12 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-10-2004, 12:49 AM   #203
Kurgan
Headhunter

LFN Staff Member 10 year veteran! 
Just use cheats and warp to the map, then save it again. You can use cheats to give you everything you may have had at that point anyway.

Download JK2 maps for JA Server|BOOT CAMP!|Strategic Academy|
(JA Server: 108.178.55.189:29070)

"The Concussion Rifle is the weapon of a Jedi Knight Player, an elegant weapon, from a more civilized community." - Kyle Katarn
Kurgan is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-16-2004, 05:21 PM   #204
Drog
Rookie

Acctually i think v1.0 was the best , cus there were bugs i liked in it

Proud Owner Of:
SW:Kotor
SW:Battlefront
SW:Jedi Academy
SW:Jedi Outcast
SW:Galactic Battlegrounds
SW:Galaxies
SW:Galaxies : Jump to Lightspeed
Drog is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-21-2004, 09:15 AM   #205
ghod7
Lurker

ive just got this game for fathers day should i download all the patches?

"FEEL THE FORCE LUKE"
ghod7 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-21-2004, 09:38 AM   #206
Crow_Nest
Forum Spammer

You can play the whole single player and complete it without the patch, but if you want to play online, you have to use the 1.01 patch.

The link is here

Xbox 360 Gamertag: cr0wnes7
Crow_Nest is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-21-2004, 11:24 AM   #207
HalfSwedeLarz

i downloaded it but then i couldnt play on any online servers anymore except a jk3files server and i always play online without the 1.01 patch
  you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-28-2004, 01:37 AM   #208
Kurgan
Headhunter

That makes absolutely no sense, considering only 2% of JA servers are still running 1.0 !

Are you sure you're not filtering some out and you've set the right ports? How many servers are displaying in your browser/ASE/qtracker?

"The Concussion Rifle is the weapon of a Jedi Knight Player, an elegant weapon, from a more civilized community." - Kyle Katarn
Old 06-28-2004, 04:58 AM   #209
Crow_Nest
Forum Spammer

Quote:
Originally posted by HalfSwedeLarz
i downloaded it but then i couldnt play on any online servers anymore except a jk3files server and i always play online without the 1.01 patch
You gotta be more specific, what do you mean by you cant play on other servers? Do you get some kind of error message? Or does the game crash/hang?

Old 06-29-2004, 12:31 AM   #210
HalfSwedeLarz

no when i play without th 1.01 patch there are lots of servers open but when i download the 1.01 patch and try to go into servers there is only 1 server available
Old 06-29-2004, 04:39 AM   #211
Crow_Nest
Forum Spammer

Quote:
Originally posted by HalfSwedeLarz
no when i play without th 1.01 patch there are lots of servers open but when i download the 1.01 patch and try to go into servers there is only 1 server available
Then use some softwares like the All seeing eye like Kurgan posted You get plenty of servers.

Old 06-29-2004, 08:23 PM   #212
HalfSwedeLarz

uh ok?
Old 07-02-2004, 01:06 PM   #213
Kurgan
Headhunter

Get new list and refresh. You should be getting WAY more than 1 server.

Did you set the filter to "Internet" and "all"?

Old 07-02-2004, 06:50 PM   #214
HalfSwedeLarz

yea well sometimes the refresh and stuff and get new list dont work or maybe its loading? i will try agin
Old 07-06-2004, 05:32 AM   #215
Crow_Nest
Forum Spammer

Some people reported that they dont have the saber cycle stance with the 1.01 patch, while most of us does. Like my friend, he installed it told me he doesnt get it. How is it possible?

Old 07-19-2004, 10:02 PM   #216
HalfSwedeLarz

my 1.01 patch is working now. and saber cycle?
Old 01-06-2005, 10:54 PM   #217
Nokill
Veteran

is it maby also posible that jka got a bug that crashes the game after some time in a game, chancing name, calling up the menu barr or yust doing nothing?
becouse i got that bug and i can't play jka for long tiems or not at all

Site: Clicky
Nokill is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-07-2005, 10:36 AM   #218
Andy867
McCan Caoma

Does your friend have any mods installed? If so, they may not have the proper coding for the 1.01, which could affect the game if the mod was made before the patch was implemented.. any mods made after the patch should work, assuming they were made properly.

Shut yo face before I punch you in the mouth, break your teeth and call you Snaggle-tooth.
Andy867 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-09-2005, 10:32 PM   #219
lerk
Lurker

Anyone knows what this means??

cl_parsepacketentities

a message warning appear when im connecting to a server.
If someone know how to fix it plz send me an e mail

pepo_008@hotmail.com
lerk is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-10-2005, 04:26 AM   #220
thehomicidalegg

it means you are not using the original cd
thehomicidalegg is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-10-2005, 12:22 PM   #221
razorace
Impressive, Terran!

OR playing a mod where the networking has been alter AND you're not running the mod's client plugin.

---Jedi Guardian of the Newbie Questions
---Masters of the Force Team Leader / Creator
---Open Jedi Project Lead Moderator / Co-Founder
razorace is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-10-2005, 07:16 PM   #222
Kurgan
Headhunter

Quote:
Originally posted by razorace
OR playing a mod where the networking has been alter AND you're not running the mod's client plugin.
Good point. Without that bit of info we'd all think people were just warezing the game or using CD cracks. I'll keep that one in mind...

Old 07-10-2005, 08:34 PM   #223
riceplant

I suppose it would be too much to ask for a list of all the changes in the patch in one place? I've read through this thread, but there are lots of confusing and even contradictory posts. Add to that my bad memory, and I don't know whether to download at all.

(I gather that one advantage of the patch is that you can play on Kurgan's server, though, which I would like to try. I can only find FFA Duel servers)

EDIT: About the rolling thing, how do you mean, making it so that you have to be running to roll like in SP? You can easily roll from a standing start in any direction (Except right. I have great problems rolling to the right. Any ideas?).

Last edited by riceplant; 07-10-2005 at 09:22 PM.
riceplant is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-10-2005, 09:21 PM   #224
shukrallah
White Dragon

Well, it fixes that nasty server list bug.. so its probably best you update. If it messes up your JA (which it shouldn't cause... I assume your using a legal copy) you can just uninstall and reinstall.
shukrallah is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-12-2005, 02:23 AM   #225
Kurgan
Headhunter

Quote:
Originally posted by riceplant
I suppose it would be too much to ask for a list of all the changes in the patch in one place? I've read through this thread, but there are lots of confusing and even contradictory posts. Add to that my bad memory, and I don't know whether to download at all.

(I gather that one advantage of the patch is that you can play on Kurgan's server, though, which I would like to try. I can only find FFA Duel servers)

EDIT: About the rolling thing, how do you mean, making it so that you have to be running to roll like in SP? You can easily roll from a standing start in any direction (Except right. I have great problems rolling to the right. Any ideas?).
You can usually roll from standing, but you have to press the keys every time, not just hold them down like before. Backrolling you have to have momentum to do it (backwards roll). Playing as a "Merc" (in Jedi Vs. Merc) or non-Jedi in Siege, you typically run somewhat slower, and so rolling is harder. You need momentum to roll, so you have to start running or be falling forward to do it.

The fixes are mostly listed on LucasArts's support pages for the game where you download the patch.

They made Siege slightly more stable and I believe they made it so that the Force Crystals in Korriban only prevent the use of Force Speed (I think before they nixed all Force powers except Jump) while being held. Boba Fett (if you transform into him using cheats in SP) has a flame thrower in place of Force Lightning...

Vehicle control was slightly improved from 1.0.

Also the "lock on rocket bug" that was present in JK2 MP, has finally been removed (so you can't lock onto somebody, switch to another weapon, switch back and fire and thus use up only 1 rocket ammo for the seeker rocket and it's as fast as a normal rocket anymore).

They removed "devmapall" as a toggle for cheats in SP. Now you are forced to use the (alternate method) "helpusobi 1".

There was a slight issue with the saber cycling if you use cheats in single player to give yourself more saber stances (just like in the Demo). This can be resolved (I'm told) with special key binds. I haven't played SP in so long I don't really remember them but Crownest knows.

In 1.01 the Melee attacks in MP have sounds now. Punches, kicks, and grapples were silent in 1.0!

Most of the fixes weren't very noticable in MP and gameplay isn't really affected except for the roll thing. Driver fixes and such.

The server browser fix was the single biggest thing it really did IIRC. That was a huge mistake to ship the game without fixing that!

Old 07-23-2005, 08:49 PM   #226
oosher
Lurker

Hi

I'm having some problems with jedi academy, but i'm not sure if it's due to the 1.0.1 patch or not! Here is a link to a thread I posted on the technical forum:

http://www.lucasforums.com/showthrea...hreadid=149995

Really want this to work. Thanks in advance guys!

If you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot, stamping on a human face, forever.
oosher is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-17-2006, 11:08 AM   #227
KyleOfHarpenden
Rookie

well My jka's not working with 1.01 theres 1 server and it wont let me on i put all my filters on all but wont work so i say stick with 1.00 its much better every1 knows every1 a nice happy time
KyleOfHarpenden is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-30-2006, 05:31 AM   #228
Emiel Regis
Rookie

I hope some developer reads this - anyway botrouting on linux dedicated server leaks memory like a sieve - would be good if someone from Raven fixed that...

The New Era - Star Wars + Source engine

Movie Battles II
Emiel Regis is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-30-2006, 11:10 AM   #229
ensiform
The Stig

Current Game: Borderlands 2
Well if you are refering to the .wnt files, that can be fixed in the server module and I believe OJP has already fixed that. I should also point out that raven loves to use strcpy in many occasions instead of Q_strncpyz which can be very bad and is no doubt the cause of the botroute problem.

iojamp project lead / coder
ensiform is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-02-2006, 05:29 AM   #230
papercut
Lurker

the model patch 1.01 or watevr is very old, like 2004! and there waz nothin new! i really need the next patch coz i download mods, and it gets away my my characteres, tavion stormtrooper etc and wen i trie to spawn smethin it crashes! SOMEONE HELP!!!!!!!!! plz
papercut is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-02-2006, 05:33 AM   #231
papercut
Lurker

also, i cant find any more skin packs made by hapslash, he's a really good makin skin pak things, Anakin etc
papercut is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-25-2007, 04:49 AM   #232
tephlon
Lurker

Does anybody think it's possible that LA will make another patch?
tephlon is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-25-2007, 03:42 PM   #233
razorace
Impressive, Terran!

Nope.

Your best bet is using unofficial patches made by the community.

---Jedi Guardian of the Newbie Questions
---Masters of the Force Team Leader / Creator
---Open Jedi Project Lead Moderator / Co-Founder
razorace is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-06-2007, 07:54 PM   #234
Jason Skywalker
Fight da Powah

Current Game: SMT: Imagine
Lawl, sorry for the revival, but, about the patch, if i install it, everything works fine and all but, i can never get to the last level, NEVER. Unless i don't install it or take it out.

Advice people?
Jason Skywalker is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-06-2007, 10:19 PM   #235
ensiform
The Stig

Current Game: Borderlands 2
I hope you start over after installing the patch and not using saved games from 1.00

iojamp project lead / coder
ensiform is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > JediKnight Series > Game Discussion > Jedi Academy > Jedi academy patch 1.01 (Official Update Thread)