lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar
View Poll Results: Who is your favourite Team Corellia member so far?
Jaden Car'Let (Jedi) 4 23.53%
Lt. Castle (CorSec) 1 5.88%
Cpl. Anders (New Republic Army) 5 29.41%
Pvt. Alan Dalta (New Republic Army) 0 0%
Pvt. Luke Harris (New Republic Army) 2 11.76%
Agent Black (New Republic Intelligence) 3 17.65%
Makso (Mercenary) 2 11.76%
Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll

Thread: Team Corellia
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 01-16-2004, 02:50 PM   #81
GothiX
Ocean Soul

Now you are saying to use IMs? Oh, the irony..

GothiX is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-16-2004, 02:52 PM   #82
Casper
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by gothicX
Now you are saying to use IMs? Oh, the irony..
Do you really wan't to start this. I'm trying to work this out peacefully. at least one person matured.
Casper is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-16-2004, 02:58 PM   #83
Casper
Banned

Kengo. the only reason I Hijacked your thread is because a few of your freinds have been hijacking mine.

"You showed Thrawn42689 these maps as being Casper. You have the same screenname as Casper. You have the same bad grammar as Casper. And I have released a map a while ago already." ~GothicX

That right there got my WIP closed.
I have a countless number of these logs.
Old 01-16-2004, 03:23 PM   #84
Casper
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by Kengo
I don't believe LucasForums will let the person they banned at least five times back in just because he threatens to make trouble:

"We are going to work this out peacefully or we can do things the hard way I was banned unfairly in the first place I'm not leaving and if I do leave I'm going to make sure this site gets its share of hell"

You don't get it do you? You can't force someone to patch things up peacefully at gunpoint! Also, an argument that can be patched up has to be a disagreement between two people, not between me and the imaginery person you seem to think you are, who never does nothin' wrong. You see, this is the Casper I see:

You've gone out of your way to ruin two of my showcase threads, you (or your friends, yeh whatever) spammed Map-Review, you've threatened LucasForums and come back multiple times after being banned, you've been banned from PCGM for years after that whole attacking the site thing. You're only at Massassi because they unbanned all the people there, and I'm sure you'll manage to get banned from there AGAIN pretty fast. I'll make the safe guess you either don't visit, or have already been banned from JK2File's comments and forum system. You were thrown off the TMU team for threatening them with theft of their propery, after gaining entry to their team via a false name:

http://forums.massassi.net/html/Forum1/HTML/030568.html
http://forums.massassi.net/html/Forum1/HTML/031241.html

That's aside from harrasing people over IM programs with multiple screen names, a load of posts you handily deleted, and outright lies such as the one about me and Tito, a regular on the MR forums.

People shouldn't let you walk all over them for you to treat them with respect, you should treat people with at least common decency from the start. Anymore threats out of you, and I will carry out one of my own: I will attempt to get your ISP to remove access. I think over the past years you've done quite enough illegal stuff (and even boasted about it on public forums later) for that to be a very real threat. I don't want to have you barging onto one of my threads, or attacking a site I work at/for, or threatening one of my friends ever again. Don't post here anymore.
You don't know what happened with TMU. Besides it's none of your buisness. And know I only reign hell on people that get in my way. Or That mess with me. Some of your freinds have got me annoyed now you have to choices. Work this out peacefully and blow everything off. 2 Keep doing what you are doing. And deal with me And trust me I'am not someone you wan't to be on the bad side of. your choice I suggest you take number 1. I'm not somebody you would like to mess with.
Old 01-16-2004, 03:35 PM   #85
Anakin

I take it last nights conversation between us didnt sink in did it Casper ?

Now Iam the Master
Anakin is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-16-2004, 03:36 PM   #86
Casper
Banned

It sunk in. But these people just don't wan't to work things out.
Old 01-16-2004, 03:37 PM   #87
Leslie Judge
Teacher

Look, if you want to work this out peacefully, then let's do it! Don't say a word! Please! If someone annoys you, don't pay attention, don't answer, do nothing! The person will leave you alone.

For the others: if you are tired of Casper which you are for sure, just skip his posts, and for god's sake, don't answer them! Please! Speaking to noone is boring. Even for him.

Probably I'll get some insults now from him (if he doesn't listen to me) but I don't care. It is easy to press that little block button every time he finds out a new name and easy to skip all his posts regardless of their content.

L. J.
Leslie Judge is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-16-2004, 03:38 PM   #88
Casper
Banned

No I don't skip post. I'm just here to work things out. Shessh.
Old 01-16-2004, 03:41 PM   #89
wedge2211
Commander, Rogue Squadron

Y'know...we're not messing with you, it's always you instigating things. If you would stop hijacking Kengo's threads and threatening us with "reigning hell on us" and "having you for an enemy" and such, we wouldn't try to defend ourselves by removing your threats from the community. Simple as that.

But short of him voluntarily ceasing to harass us...yeah, block him, like LJ said. That way he CAN'T do damage to us.

I'm not even going to into the possible outcomes of internet harassment suits, Casper.

Now let's quit this. Andy, if you would work your magic...?

[EDIT: Oh, yeah, Casper, the triple-post claiming that you've matured and then threatening Kengo? Real convincing of an increased maturity level and intentions of peacefully working things out...]

wedge2211 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-16-2004, 03:46 PM   #90
Casper
Banned

"You showed Thrawn42689 these maps as being Casper. You have the same screenname as Casper. You have the same bad grammar as Casper. And I have released a map a while ago already." ~GothicX

You guys did it me first That got my wip closed way before I even hijacked it. And what have you done to me. lets see You insult my freinds Zappa included. You bite my head off in every thread. One of your map review members tried to send me a virus. No This will get worked out one way or another.
Old 01-16-2004, 03:48 PM   #91
wedge2211

Um....okay, so we started it by you evading a ban?

Old 01-16-2004, 03:52 PM   #92
Casper
Banned

I got banned for no good reason in the first place.
Old 01-16-2004, 04:05 PM   #93
Hekx
Republic Mofo

Hot Topic Starter 
I guess I'll try keeping this on topic.

Any news on Part II?

And why isn't Wedge's character in the poll?
It has to be rendered void due to that.
Hekx is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-16-2004, 04:22 PM   #94
Leslie Judge
Teacher

Quote:
Originally posted by Casper
No I don't skip post. I'm just here to work things out. Shessh.
OK, this is my last time.

Why, oh, why? It would be sooo cool if everyone could live near to the other without fighting or seeking revenge? Isn't that easier? Do anybody need to be upset? Do anybody really need to be angry?

This whole thing lasts for months now. If nothing else that is clear that there will be no peace if everyone continues the same behaviour. Change yourselves! I do. I will not read posts from either side which are somehow related to Casper.

It is said.

Back to that Corelian Ale Project! Yeah, Kengo, what about part 2? Come on, man!

L. J.
Leslie Judge is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-16-2004, 04:30 PM   #95
Kengo

Quote:
You don't know what happened with TMU. Besides it's none of your buisness. And know I only reign hell on people that get in my way. Or That mess with me. Some of your freinds have got me annoyed now you have to choices. Work this out peacefully and blow everything off. 2 Keep doing what you are doing. And deal with me And trust me I'am not someone you wan't to be on the bad side of. your choice I suggest you take number 1. I'm not somebody you would like to mess with.
My choice is this: I will not be bullied by you into letting you get away with everything you've done, and still do. There have to be consequences for your actions, you can't just scare people into letting you off the hook. I am happy to 'mess with you' if that is what you want, come and get some tough guy. Pistols at dawn?

I've tried to ignore Casper before LJ, and in the end if you don't give him the attention he wants then he just gets more and more offensive. Still, I'll set him to ignore so I guess it won't matter. One thing I do strongly agree with; there's no point perpetuating this argument, I don't believe anything we say will make Casper change nor do I believe it will make him stay away. As full bans haven't worked either, I see no alternative for LF but to IP ban him if they actually want to stop him coming back over and over, but thats up to them!

------------------------------------------------
www.map-review.com
Kengo is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-16-2004, 04:39 PM   #96
lassev
cryptoscripter

Quote:
Originally posted by Hekx
Any news on Part II?

And why isn't Wedge's character in the poll?
It has to be rendered void due to that.
Wedge's character belongs to the Team Corellia movie, but unfortunately it doesn't belong to the Team Corellia team inside the movie. That team your saw at "Prin-ce's Street", and that team is in the poll. But as Wedge certainly was very reliable, fast and flexible in his voice acting, it would be foolish not to use his acting skills again (even for some other NPCs).

You know, the keyboard tapping noises were included in his original voice files, if you can believe that . Wedge is sometimes a bit too creative for the scripter's taste... But it turned out just fine, in my own opinion.
lassev is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-16-2004, 05:13 PM   #97
Casper
Banned

And did I say anything negative towards you the whole time. Today. Did I? And If you wan't to mess with me do it over msn.
Old 01-16-2004, 07:32 PM   #98
wedge2211

Hehe, I'm looking forward to contributing to other voice parts in future installments (I also have GoldWave, so I can do stormies, robots, etc...)

Old 01-16-2004, 07:55 PM   #99
idontlikegeorge

Location: Striking fear into the hearts of Demolicans and Republicrats.
Quote:
Originally posted by lassev
Um... You know what, you are absolutely right. I guess I knew that all along, but after I had spent hours and still many hours more mapping the setting, I just didn't have the heart to cut it out. Believe it or not, but I shortened it quite a bit! But I just couldn't cut the whole scene with Car'Let walking into the building out. Kengo would have done that, if he had been a real movie director, and not such a fine fellow as he is. I guess he took pity on me, and didn't say anything, but let it be there (although, just as you said, it is useless and doesn't bring into the movie anything but a glance at some architecture).
Actually, I wouldn't want the scene cut at all... it was one of the better settings, and it was a good opening/introduction scene. I just think a little bit more camera work would have been better.

Like, instead of the camera in front of Carlet, running parallel to the sidewalk, have the camera at some point, move and pan out to a position adjacent to the sidewalk - like across the street, veiwing toward the CorSec building.

Then, have Carlet walk across the view, then pan/move the camera back to a parellel position with the sidewalk, only following Carlet from behind instead of front. I think this would show off more of the great architecture in the map, and make the scene more interesting.

Quote:
Well, as it is quite likely that I'm not mapping or scripting for the next episodes, you just might get what you wished for!
Actually, I thought your scene was the better, and am sorry to hear it, if that is the case.

The Bridge Street scene, I felt there were many things that could have been fixed... so that is alot harder to be specific on... which is why I specifically pointed out the camera direction of the CorSec building scene... and as far as the scenes being drawn out, that was aimed at both scenes, really.

And, I will restate, that I respect the amount of work involved in this project... it took me good part of a day to get only two cameras working how I wanted them too, and a whole day to get a single dancing girl to dance correctly!

So anyway, if I'm being nitpicky, it's because I see the potential behind the project.

I don't like quake, never liked quake, and don't like Star Wars quake. So basically jk2mp.exe never gets used on my computer.

Shaving is not a high priority with Jedi. Would you want to shave with a lightsaber?
idontlikegeorge is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-16-2004, 08:47 PM   #100
lassev
cryptoscripter

Quote:
Originally posted by idontlikegeorge
Like, instead of the camera in front of Carlet, running parallel to the sidewalk, have the camera at some point, move and pan out to a position adjacent to the sidewalk - like across the street, veiwing toward the CorSec building.

Then, have Carlet walk across the view, then pan/move the camera back to a parellel position with the sidewalk, only following Carlet from behind instead of front. I think this would show off more of the great architecture in the map, and make the scene more interesting.
Yeah... um... Yeah, let's say that it would have been better that way, and believe me, I would have made it that way, but for one reason. You see, the city kind of didn't exist in all directions, nor were the buildings detailed or textured on all walls. That's the magic of movie setting. It would have been too much work to map so much that I could have used more varied camera angles. Now I used almost all camera angles I could muster without making it apparent that the setting wasn't very large after all.

So, the truth was rather technical and not very artistic. I could do better than that given time and effort! Yes, it was a cinematics setting, not game level setting at all.

Quote:
So anyway, if I'm being nitpicky, it's because I see the potential behind the project.
No problem. I perfectly understand and agree. It's only good to look at things more carefully if you make similar things yourself. This was an example of a compromise between time and quality. That's what I'm always saying (and I'm also saying that only Eldritch can have both: a short time and a high quality...).
Old 01-16-2004, 08:53 PM   #101
Kengo

Aha, I can spot a fellow director wannabe when I see one IdontlikeGeorge

I agree with you wholeheartedly, I enjoyed the long intro in Lasse's bit, your suggestions for the camerawork are interesting. Lassev's style is more for static cams and zooms, I tend to go for a lot more camera movement and pans - personal preference is all I think. I also agree that his part was the better overall, he did a great job!

Lassev and me have talked it over and basically Lassev doesn't have the time for a part 2 with work commitments plus other projects, but maybe one day he will co-produce another part with me I can probabaly do part 2 on my own, but I will be looking for people to co-create some of the other (more tricky) parts.

It may have taken you a day to get that girl dancing properly, but at least you managed proper dancing! Luckily, Ander's dancing at the beginning is kind of supposed to be utterly rediculous....still....it is pretty terrible!

Anyway, as much as I am pleased with Part 1 I can see lots of room for improvement in terms of pacing and structure of the scripts, and especially in my own scripting and level construction. I really think there is a lot of potential here!

Wedge, we will have to get you in every time somewhere eh?

www.map-review.com
Old 01-16-2004, 09:59 PM   #102
lassev
cryptoscripter

Quote:

Wedge, we will have to get you in every time somewhere eh?
Wow, Kengo, that is a crystallization of a magnificent idea! Don't let go of it. It will turn out to be a be a masterful joke that will run the lenght of the entire saga. Slowly people will realise that Wedge is always there, with dozens of different roles, sometimes nothing more than a voice in a radio.
Old 01-16-2004, 10:29 PM   #103
Kengo

Truely he is the Alec Guinness of our generation!

OK, some hints on part 2..... The team go to Ord Mantell, I'm still looking at exactly what that place looks like (pics always gladly recieved). There is also a lot of talking onboard their ship, the Century Fox, where we learn a lot more about Car'Let's training at the Jedi Academy (lets just say things have gotten a little easier since Obi Wan's day). Interesting to see he's currently narrowly ahead on the favourite characters poll, for me he has emerged as perhaps the main character in a way (as close to one as we have anyway). I really love what Matthew Pate did with his voice there, especially impressive if you know of his Antipidian background

Did anyone notice Chewie wander past at Bridge Street? I will throw in another such Star Wars cameo in part 2, no prizes for guessing who on the dangerous trading World of Ord Mantell...

Been getting a lot of input on scripts - Ewok Mercenary sent me a really cool plot idea which I am definately going to use, in a slightly adapted form. My co-writter, Niall Henderson, is working on jokes for Parts 2 and 3 at the moment

www.map-review.com
Old 01-16-2004, 11:23 PM   #104
Casper
Banned

Quote:
And did I say anything negative towards you the whole time. Today. Did I? And If you wan't to mess with me do it over msn.
Well?
Old 01-16-2004, 11:29 PM   #105
Eldritch
Mmm, Donuts

Quote:
Originally posted by lassev
This was an example of a compromise between time and quality. That's what I'm always saying (and I'm also saying that only Eldritch can have both: a short time and a high quality...).
Flattery will get you nowhere.

Eldritch is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-17-2004, 02:43 AM   #106
idontlikegeorge

"This was an example of a compromise between time and quality."

All you had to say. I felt your previous paragraph were poor excuses! But this line speaks truth.

Still, I will defend my camera suggestions, by noting, on the contrary to your argument about having a lack of set - I have to disagree.

For one, I never asked for some regional panoramic view of the city. I just feel some extra camera movement would really pay off for that scene.

A more specific suggestion: the camera position above the walk, where you can see the floating swoop bikes on the side near the CorSec building. How about, move and pan the camera from there, to a position on the opposite side of the street, viewing the CorSec building?

This camera would also view Carlet walking, as well. And you would only need 1 extra ref_tag and info_null, and 2 more lines in a script. But it would add more variety.

Watching the whole thing through, with extra scrutiny this time around, I think the main thing I dislike is the lack of transition in the movie. One thing I think would improve on that, is using camera fades:

Code:
//Generated by BehavEd

rem ( "fade out" );
camera (  FADE, < 0 0 0 >, 0, < 0 0 0 >, 1, 2000 );
rem ( "fade in" );
camera (  FADE, < 0 0 0 >, 1, < 0 0 0 >, 0, 2000 );
Would be good for ending and opening the maps, and would be good for scene changes in the same map - like between the reception lobby, and the hall to the chief's office; and between the three stooges being lost in the city, to actually arriving at the meeting point. (I find it funny how Castle was bitching at the three grunts for being late, when Makso and Mr. Black haven't even shown up! )

Ok, I'm done right now.

I don't like quake, never liked quake, and don't like Star Wars quake. So basically jk2mp.exe never gets used on my computer.

Shaving is not a high priority with Jedi. Would you want to shave with a lightsaber?
Old 01-17-2004, 09:12 AM   #107
GothiX
Ocean Soul

Would've been fun to have the camera start somewhere in a CorSec office on a higher level, then move through an open window to show Carlet coming.

GothiX is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-17-2004, 09:55 AM   #108
lassev
cryptoscripter

Quote:
Originally posted by Eldritch
Flattery will get you nowhere.
The best thing is that I can do it as much as I want, because I'm not even trying to get anywhere!

Quote:
All you had to say. I felt your previous paragraph were poor excuses! But this line speaks truth.

Still, I will defend my camera suggestions, by noting, on the contrary to your argument about having a lack of set - I have to disagree.

For one, I never asked for some regional panoramic view of the city. I just feel some extra camera movement would really pay off for that scene.
Well, they were partly excuses, I confess, but there was more truth to them than you can possibly know, because you cannot see the map otherwise than through the fixed camera views.

Still, I admit I could have done better camera work. I realised that also when I watched Kengo's parts of the movie (although they had far too few cameras even if the dynamic aspects were often better than mine).

Yeah, but this is one thing I'm going to mess with and study in a little project I'm doing right now. I really have to get used to moving cameras (probably with path_corners if they grant smooth movement. Ref_taqs produce those nasty linear paths with sharp turns. And I don't expect to be able to use roffs...).

What can I say? I'm no master but I'm trying to learn...
Old 01-17-2004, 11:14 AM   #109
Kengo

One tricky thing with say the Bridge-Street bit was that its a very, very long scene with lots of dialogue. I think far longer than you'll usually see a dialogue scene in one place in a film - so I kinda of ran out camera angles and ended repeating them a lot. If you look at a sitcom like Friends or Frasier, they tend to have longer dialogue scenes from time to time and sometimes a fixed cam that just panning a little is good enough. It really depends on the situation. Personally, I still think the hardest thing to do is combine camerawork with lots of action!

I'm pretty sure Lasse's bit has fades or black outs between scenes - I left mine without just because I like that instant transition feel sometimes. I'm sure to try it at times on later partd though.

All these ideas for shots and possible improvements for latter parts can only be good, I am really looking forward to trying some of them out

www.map-review.com
Old 01-17-2004, 11:42 AM   #110
ewok mercenary

Quote:
Ewok Mercenary sent me a really cool plot idea which I am definately going to use, in a slightly adapted form.
It's Ewok Mercenary For Hire! I just wasn't able to fit the whole thing on here...

I'm glad that you like it Si, I could easily come up with a lot more if you like

ewok mercenary is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-17-2004, 12:58 PM   #111
Kengo

You may be for hire, but I want to assure you that you will NOT be getting paid for cool ideas

I will have to talk to you about some more plot ideas then, and more jokes in the scripts are never a bad thing.

www.map-review.com
Old 01-17-2004, 01:41 PM   #112
ewok mercenary

What? No pay? You ungrateful sod...

If you wanna talk to me I'm on MSN, and now that I've got broadband I'll be on it more regularly. Although saying that, I've never seen you online once...

ewok mercenary is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-17-2004, 11:55 PM   #113
Business_Eskimo

Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location:
How? Kengo never sleeps!

Reviewer at Map-Review
Business_Eskimo is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-18-2004, 12:18 AM   #114
shukrallah
White Dragon

[quote]Watching the whole thing through, with extra scrutiny this time around, I think the main thing I dislike is the lack of transition in the movie. One thing I think would improve on that, is using camera fades:

code:--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
//Generated by BehavEd

rem ( "fade out" );
camera ( FADE, < 0 0 0 >, 0, < 0 0 0 >, 1, 2000 );
rem ( "fade in" );
camera ( FADE, < 0 0 0 >, 1, < 0 0 0 >, 0, 2000 );--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[quote]

Yeah, camera fades always look nice, I think you can change the color of the fade also... i dont know why you would want too, but still.
shukrallah is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-18-2004, 06:37 AM   #115
Tito

Color is no problem to make with fades (look at the < 0 0 0 > parts), but if anything, I suggest sticking to black... And maybe purple... But for now let's just say black...
I don't think there were any fades needed in the movie! Maybe fade-ins at the beginning of each new scene (a scene being a level in this case), and fade-outs at the end of each scene! Other than that, it was perfectly fine to me!

Tito is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-18-2004, 09:49 AM   #116
lassev
cryptoscripter

Ha! You infidels of little faith! I checked it just for your pleasure, and indeed I have fades in every place I thought a fade would be in order!

1) I have a fade in in the beginning.

2) I have a fade in the chronological transition when Jaden teleports from the lobby to the corridor.

3) I have a fade out in the end.

Those were the spots I think were justified. The only other occasion might have been when I changed the camera from pointing to Jaden climbing the stairs to Wedge... er... Receptionist and Castle. But that was not a chronological transition, so I thought not to use it there.

EDIT: Well, I admit that a working fade out in the end is only in version 1.10, if you think I'm unjustified in my accusations...
Old 01-18-2004, 07:56 PM   #117
idontlikegeorge

Ok, I did notice the fade in... although it was very faint. Should raise the last float variable (time in m/s).

Yeah, and I did notice that there was a fade between the receptionist and the hallway. I didn't remember last time, because I didn't think of fades until the break between the chief's office, and all of the Bridge street scene.

Yeah, and looking at the cormaster script, I do see the ending fade out... except in the version I have, the variables are the wrong way (so it's set to fade in, instead of out).

I was wondering, could I tweek with some of the script files you guys made, to see if I can try any tricks?

Of course I wouldn't release anything, or even ask any of you to do any successful changes... just a learning experience type of thing.

Old 01-18-2004, 08:17 PM   #118
Kengo

We'll have to see what Lasse says for his bits of script. For my (rather less advanced) scripts, you can most certainly play around with them all you want, as long as I don't see 'Corellian Squad' or somesuch cutscene film on the net

I'm afraid we won't actually be updating Part 1 any more, unless there turns out to be some ultra-massive fault with it. I'm a perfectionist right up to when I finish something, at which point I stop caring. With scripting like this, I'm sure there are bits that could be tweaked, but I can't see the point of releasing such minor tweaks for something of this format

www.map-review.com
Old 01-19-2004, 04:57 PM   #119
lassev
cryptoscripter

Quote:
Yeah, and looking at the cormaster script, I do see the ending fade out... except in the version I have, the variables are the wrong way (so it's set to fade in, instead of out).
Well, I don't remember the first version so well, except that the level_change ended the level before the fade took action, so it's no problem, but the new one has an end fade like this, which is, of course, correct:
Code:
camera ( /*@CAMERA_COMMANDS*/ FADE, < 0.000 0.000 0.000 >, 0.000, < 0.000 0.000 0.000 >, 1.000, 2000 );
Quote:
I was wondering, could I tweek with some of the script files you guys made, to see if I can try any tricks?

Of course I wouldn't release anything, or even ask any of you to do any successful changes... just a learning experience type of thing.
Sure you can . No need to even ask. As long as they stay on your HD, you can do with them what ever you desire. Examples are the best way to learn, except for examples with explanations, that is.

However, I should give you here a word of warning. Rather than use my scripts as examples, use the Raven scripts. As you have seen, there have been unforeseen problems with my scripts, and in the future I will drastically change my scripting conventions to resemble those of Raven. I can only suggest you do the same.

Quote:
I'm afraid we won't actually be updating Part 1 any more, unless there turns out to be some ultra-massive fault with it. I'm a perfectionist right up to when I finish something, at which point I stop caring. With scripting like this, I'm sure there are bits that could be tweaked, but I can't see the point of releasing such minor tweaks for something of this format
Well, the CorSec cinematic master script for version 1.10 is all screwed up. Anybody can see that the cameras point this way and that, but hardly ever to the right direction. This is originally due to an inexplicable corruption that occured while the script was being transferred from me to Kengo. Kengo tried to save the script, which unfortunately did not succeed because of my very bad camera (ref_taq) naming conventions (and who knows if the fact that there was so much Finnish in the script caused Kengo to swerve).
Old 01-22-2004, 09:27 PM   #120
Kengo

Sorry for the problems with v1.10, they were really of my doing, I sadly caused some errors in Lasse's script when I transfered it over. However, we got it all fixed with the definative v1.20 release of Part 1!

http://www.pcgamemods.com/3950/

I am now looking at Part 2, which will partly be set on Ord Mantell. Any pics/data people can find me on it would be much appreciated!

www.map-review.com
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > JediKnight Series > Editing Central > Showcase forum > Team Corellia