lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Kotor Tool - v1.0.2210.16738 (2006-1-19 12:38)
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 01-05-2006, 07:52 PM   #1481
ChAiNz.2da
Brony 4 Life. Yo.

Current Game: Minecraft MP: PynCraft|Tekkit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred Tetra
New MapInfo.bfd (v1.2006.0105.1) and maps to support these modules has been posted:
  • 401dxn - Dxun Jungle Landing
  • 402dxn - Dxun Jungle

Both of these have had their trees defoliated so that you can see where things are, as an added bonus.
Updated the mirror site

http://www.jumpstationz.com/KotorToolMaps/

And boy do I mean update.. gadz! I was 16 maps behind Fred.. sorry about that man

I was on hiatus for a month doing some traveling & training, but all is good now. Plus I've updated the .bfd files/installer and all the site links pointing to your new website (I think I've worked long enough today... hehehe)..

"Eagles May Soar, But Weasels Don't Get Sucked Into Jet Engines"

| Mods (FF) (DS) | Folding | SWK.com | FB: (LF) (Me) | Steam | The Herd |
ChAiNz.2da is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-06-2006, 12:27 AM   #1482
Fred Tetra
Kotor Tool Guy

Hot Topic Starter LFN Staff Member Helpful! Notable contributor 
New MapInfo.bfd (v1.2006.0105.2) and maps to support these modules has been posted:
  • 262tel - Telos Secret Academy
  • 853nih - Ravager cutscene

Kotor Tool Developer
http://kotortool.starwarsknights.com/

"You want to help everyone who asks for aid, answer all of their questions, write that crucial bit of code for which they're searching, and be the hero who saves the day (and their job), but there comes a point when you realize that sleep is sometimes necessary."
—Stephen Toub

Visit the Kotor Tool Forum
Fred Tetra is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-06-2006, 02:48 PM   #1483
brwarner
Rookie

I know you're busy with the maps and all but I thought of something that would make kotor tool much more convienient.
Possibly make the conversation editor so it can make kotor 2 dialogs like tk's

As T3-M4 once said:
"BeeBeep BlopBeeBeeBop....Weeeeooo"
Dont you agree?:
brwarner is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-06-2006, 03:50 PM   #1484
Fred Tetra
Kotor Tool Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by brwarner
I know you're busy with the maps and all but I thought of something that would make kotor tool much more convienient.
Possibly make the conversation editor so it can make kotor 2 dialogs like tk's
Making it, would, however, make my life more inconvenient. It would take some sizable motivation to take the time to extend it to fully handle K2 dialogs.

In other news, the maps for the 10 original modules for Kotor I are now available for download from the new Kotor Tool site.

Since maps for K1 take sooo long to assemble (3+ hours each, usually) I don't plan on doing any more of them unless someone really wants to "commision" one for themselves.

Kotor Tool Developer

"You want to help everyone who asks for aid, answer all of their questions, write that crucial bit of code for which they're searching, and be the hero who saves the day (and their job), but there comes a point when you realize that sleep is sometimes necessary."
—Stephen Toub

Old 01-06-2006, 04:46 PM   #1485
Det. Bart Lasiter
obama.png

Current Game: all
Forum Veteran LF Jester 
I'll create a few if you post a tutorial on how to generate the *.map files for them.

"No, Mama. You can bet your sweet ass and half a titty whoever put that hit on you already got the cops in their back pocket." ~Black Dynamite
Det. Bart Lasiter is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-06-2006, 04:51 PM   #1486
deathdisco
Bastards of Young

Veteran Modder Contest winner - Modding 
Fred,
FYI, When I select "Scipt is for KOTOR II" in the text editor I get this error.
Quote:
Could not find file "C:\PROGRA~1\LUCASA~1\SWKotOR2\override\nwscript.n ss".

deathdisco is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-06-2006, 05:10 PM   #1487
Pavlos
Scruffy Englishman

Current Game: Viking Warrior Poets
@deathdisco: Maybe you should try and place the nwscript.nss in your override seeing as how the program is looking for it. If you have the international version you can get one from here: http://www.lucasforums.com/showthrea...hreadid=143681, or you can update your game with the language patch, off the Lucas Arts site, and extract it with KotOR Tool and then put it into the Override. Or if you have the US version then just extract and place in the Override folder (Lots of Overrides in this post)

@Fred: In the other thread where you mentioned the mysterious room on Peragus, you said to continue the discussion here, you mentioned that there were many modules where the Ebon Hawk is way off in the distance. How many of the modules are like that, and can you post cordinates for them so that we can warp into the cut-scene rooms and have a look?
Pavlos is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-06-2006, 05:59 PM   #1488
Fred Tetra
Kotor Tool Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmac7142
I'll create a few if you post a tutorial on how to generate the *.map files for them.
Thanks, but I've tried that before, andpeople either give up after they see how much work it is, or, with few exceptions (T7 and Gsccc), they don't take enough care to align the rooms (or they want a tutorial on how to use Max, or the output file is in the wrong version, etc. The list goes on and on. )

Kotor Tool Developer

—Stephen Toub

Old 01-06-2006, 06:01 PM   #1489
Fred Tetra
Kotor Tool Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pavlos
Fred: In the other thread where you mentioned the mysterious room on Peragus, you said to continue the discussion here, you mentioned that there were many modules where the Ebon Hawk is way off in the distance. How many of the modules are like that, and can you post cordinates for them so that we can warp into the cut-scene rooms and have a look?
Is there a way (from the console) to warp to a specific set of coords? Or do you mean via a script?

Kotor Tool Developer

—Stephen Toub

Old 01-06-2006, 06:25 PM   #1490
Pavlos
Scruffy Englishman

Current Game: Viking Warrior Poets
I mean via a script. Such as this one:

Code:
void main(){
    object oPC=GetFirstPC();
    vector vecTemp=Vector(30.81667,31.90966,1.75500); //This is the position that the PC will reappear in within the Module, get this from the whereami armband
    location locDestination=Location(vecTemp,0.0);
    NoClicksFor(1.0);
    AssignCommand( oPC,ActionJumpToLocation(locDestination));
}
To explore random locations I normally attatch it to an NPC dialogue.
Pavlos is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-06-2006, 07:04 PM   #1491
Clone L68362
Forumite

Heeey Fed I'm sure you can help me out here, when I try to start up Kotor Tool, I get a message saying something like "The program failed to initialize properly (0xc00000135) click Ok to terminate program."

Not sure why it's doing this, I might be missing something but I can't figure it out.

My sig is stupid.
Clone L68362 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-06-2006, 07:56 PM   #1492
Det. Bart Lasiter
obama.png

Forum Veteran LF Jester 
Quote:
Thanks, but I've tried that before, and people either give up after they see how much work it is, or, with few exceptions (T7 and Gsccc), they don't take enough care to align the rooms (or they want a tutorial on how to use Max, or the output file is in the wrong version, etc. The list goes on and on. )
I've got a lot of spare time now and know 3Ds Max fairly well. I'll make sure they're done properly, I've got a habit of triple or quadruple-checking things

"No, Mama. You can bet your sweet ass and half a titty whoever put that hit on you already got the cops in their back pocket." ~Black Dynamite
Old 01-06-2006, 09:14 PM   #1493
rgdelta

Yeah Fred the info on where these are in a module would be helpful like you said in the other thread adding them to the module editor would be a major thing (huge and unrenderable is what you said) but if we had info on where these things are those of us module editors could make use of them even if we have to gff edit. Some of us know how to GFF edit :-)
rgdelta is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-06-2006, 10:02 PM   #1494
Fred Tetra
Kotor Tool Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clone L68362
Heeey Fed I'm sure you can help me out here, when I try to start up Kotor Tool, I get a message saying something like "The program failed to initialize properly (0xc00000135) click Ok to terminate program."

Not sure why it's doing this, I might be missing something but I can't figure it out.

Do you have:
• PC version of: Knights of the Old Republic I -or- Knights of the Old Republic: The Sith Lords
• Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1 installed

Kotor Tool Developer

—Stephen Toub

Old 01-06-2006, 10:19 PM   #1495
Fred Tetra
Kotor Tool Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgdelta
Yeah Fred the info on where these are in a module would be helpful like you said in the other thread adding them to the module editor would be a major thing (huge and unrenderable is what you said) but if we had info on where these things are those of us module editors could make use of them even if we have to gff edit. Some of us know how to GFF edit :-)
You can set your coords to: 7.463, 39.9, 9.052 for the mystery room on 104per.

As for the maps, I've considered having two maps, one for each "view" into the model, but right now that would mean copying your .git/.ifo/.are files back and forth between two folders. Perhaps a setting that tells the module editor that a given project folder is a multi-map type? Then you could select which view when want. Definitely complicated...

Kotor Tool Developer

—Stephen Toub

Old 01-06-2006, 11:35 PM   #1496
Fred Tetra
Kotor Tool Guy

New MapInfo.bfd (v1.2006.0106.1) and maps to support these modules has been posted:
  • 106per - Peragus Hangar Bay
  • 202tel -Telos Citadel Station Entertainment 081

Kotor Tool Developer

—Stephen Toub

Old 01-07-2006, 12:47 PM   #1497
Clone L68362
Forumite

I have both of those. Is that all you need to run it?

My sig is stupid.
Old 01-07-2006, 01:48 PM   #1498
rgdelta

actually I had some problems with it that was fixed once I downloaded the .net framework 1.1 service packs and fixes.
Old 01-07-2006, 04:21 PM   #1499
Fred Tetra
Kotor Tool Guy

Quote:
I have both of those. Is that all you need to run it?
That's it, assuming you haven't moved your game's directory without reinstalling. (That would cause the registry entry, created during the game's installation and used by Kotor Tool to find the game's data, to not match. This is bad.)

Kotor Tool Developer

—Stephen Toub

Old 01-07-2006, 06:31 PM   #1500
Miltiades
Death... by Exile

Current Game: The Old Republic
Imperialist Meatbags Guild Member The Walking Carpets Guild Member Forum Veteran Folder extraordinaire 
I have a problem when I use my Module Editor to open the .git file, this is what I get when opening it:

http://img476.imageshack.us/img476/9...olerror4tf.gif
Miltiades is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-07-2006, 06:32 PM   #1501
The Source
Rest In Peace

Contest winner - Modding 
Quote:
New MapInfo.bfd (v1.2006.0106.1) and maps to support these modules has been posted:
  • 106per - Peragus Hangar Bay
  • 202tel -Telos Citadel Station Entertainment 081

THANK YOU
The Source is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-07-2006, 06:39 PM   #1502
ChAiNz.2da
Brony 4 Life. Yo.

Current Game: Minecraft MP: PynCraft|Tekkit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miltiades
I have a problem when I use my Module Editor to open the .git file, this is what I get when opening it:

http://img476.imageshack.us/img476/9...olerror4tf.gif
Did you install the latest mapinfo.bfd file? It should be on the same page as the maps (top of the page)...

Without it, KT won't recognize any of the newer maps loaded. The map851nih is one of Fred's latest I believe..(yesterday IIRC)

"Eagles May Soar, But Weasels Don't Get Sucked Into Jet Engines"

| Mods (FF) (DS) | Folding | SWK.com | FB: (LF) (Me) | Steam | The Herd |
ChAiNz.2da is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-08-2006, 12:14 AM   #1503
Fred Tetra
Kotor Tool Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miltiades

http://img476.imageshack.us/img476/...oolerror4tf.gif
Something else you (and anyone else who has a Kotor Tool problem) should do (at the bare minimum) is to always post the version of Kotor Tool you're using. Remember, the more relevant info you post, the easier it is to solve your problem.

No developer likes to play the "How little information can I solve this problem with?" game.

So, a better way to ask for help would be:

"I get an error while trying to load the KotOR II module 851nih. I am using version 1.0.2171.12345 of Kotor Tool and version 1.2005.1010.1 of MapInfo.bfd and have copied the large map (map851nih.map) to the Maps folder inside of the Kotor Tool folder. I used the Extract for Module Editing function to put module's contents into a folder under My Documents\Module Projects\851nih. When I launch the Module editor, choose Open and select that folder, I get this error. (screenshot or EXACT text of error message here)."

This is the level of detail that can get your problem solved ASAP. If the abover versions were actual, I could easily say that version 1.2005.1010.1 of MapInfo.bfd didn't support the map for 851nih.

The idea is to second guess all of the things that might need to be known to solve your problem and post them in one fell swoop. That way, the chances are that you'll get a "next visit from Fred" anwser instead of waiting through several requests and replies of extra info.

Kotor Tool Developer

—Stephen Toub

Old 01-08-2006, 02:09 AM   #1504
Kristy Kistic

Fred...

I know this is a bit trivial, but could you possibly change the 'Model Export path' text box on the Path Manager form to a drop down combo box in a future update? I like to keep my models stored in more than one directory (especially to keep the k1 and k2 models separate) and it would save the hassle of having to "Browse for Folder" each time.

Whether you do or not, thanks anyway I love the tool. I use the snot out of it. Excellent work and it just keeps getting better!

Kristy Kistic is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-08-2006, 07:56 AM   #1505
Miltiades
Death... by Exile

Imperialist Meatbags Guild Member The Walking Carpets Guild Member Forum Veteran Folder extraordinaire 
Ok, I'll remember it in the future.

Ok, look at this: "I get an error while trying to load the KotOR II module 851nih. I am using version 1.0.2193.42740 of Kotor Tool and version 1.2005.1006.1 of MapInfo.bfd and have copied the large map (map851nih.map) to the Maps folder inside of the Kotor Tool folder. When I tried to use the Extract for Module Editing function to put module's contents into a folder under Kotor, I get this error: http://img476.imageshack.us/img476/...oolerror4tf.gif

When I extract the .git, .ifo and .are file seperately, I get the same error when I launch the Module editor, choose open and select the folder area in g:\Kotor Modding\area.
Old 01-08-2006, 08:46 AM   #1506
rgdelta

Are you using the manual download of mapinfo.bfd or the auto setup i always get that error with the auto setup and have to do the manual download.
Old 01-08-2006, 09:16 AM   #1507
Miltiades
Death... by Exile

Quote:
Are you using the manual download of mapinfo.bfd or the auto setup i always get that error with the auto setup and have to do the manual download.
Yes, with Manual Setup it works. Thanks rgdelta!

It seems the MapInfo.bfd file is smaller if you do auto setup.
Old 01-08-2006, 01:04 PM   #1508
Darth InSidious
A handful of dust.

Current Game: KotOR II
Fred- you have saved me months of work on my mod - I don't know how to thank you, so will this do: ?

Works-In-Progress
~
Mods Released
~
Quid existis in desertum videre?
Darth InSidious is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-08-2006, 01:32 PM   #1509
rgdelta

Yeah looks like for some reason the installer for the mapinfo.bfd installs a different or corrupt version.
Old 01-08-2006, 02:37 PM   #1510
Fred Tetra
Kotor Tool Guy

Quote:
Yeah looks like for some reason the installer for the mapinfo.bfd installs a different or corrupt version.
As it turns out, the installer script was building the setup program using an old version of MapInfo.bfd.

For quite some time, the file was built by an external program and the script built the setup using its output.

Now, however, the file is built in the same location as Kotor Tool; I just forgot to adjust the path in the script.

This has been corrected and a new setup program has been posted to the Kotor Tool site.

Kotor Tool Developer

—Stephen Toub

Old 01-09-2006, 05:50 PM   #1511
Fred Tetra
Kotor Tool Guy

I've made some tenative changes to Kotor Tool so that it can handle alternate maps and calibrations, which should allow users to work with modules that contain an additional "cutscene stage/set" without having to have both the main and stage areas on the map screen at the same time. I should be able to do some more testing tonight and I'll post the results then.

Kotor Tool Developer

—Stephen Toub

Old 01-09-2006, 08:41 PM   #1512
Clone L68362
Forumite

Ah well. I've tried uninstalling it and downloading again, nothing helped. Would reinstalling KOTOR do anything?

My sig is stupid.
Old 01-10-2006, 02:08 PM   #1513
Fred Tetra
Kotor Tool Guy

Quote:
Ah well. I've tried uninstalling it and downloading again, nothing helped. Would reinstalling KOTOR do anything?
Download and run the .NET framework version checker here:

http://www.tmgdevelopment.co.uk/versioncheck.htm

Then copy the results to the clipboard and paste them into a post.

Also, a screenshot of the error message would be handy.

Kotor Tool Developer

—Stephen Toub

Old 01-10-2006, 03:58 PM   #1514
brwarner
Rookie

Quote:
Making it, would, however, make my life more inconvenient. It would take some sizable motivation to take the time to extend it to fully handle K2 dialogs.

In other news, the maps for the 10 original modules for Kotor I are now available for download from the new Kotor Tool site.

Since maps for K1 take sooo long to assemble (3+ hours each, usually) I don't plan on doing any more of them unless someone really wants to "commision" one for themselves.
Why do they take so long?? Is it just cutting off the roofs or is it aligning them. If it is the aligning part mustn't there be a way to do it automaticly like the game does in like 2 seconds??

As T3-M4 once said:
"BeeBeep BlopBeeBeeBop....Weeeeooo"
Dont you agree?:
brwarner is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-10-2006, 05:10 PM   #1515
Clone L68362
Forumite

Here's the results...

Installed .NET Runtime(s)
Failed. The latest version is available for download from http://www.microsoft.com/net/default.asp. Installed version must be at least 1.0.3705.0.
Current version: No runtimes installed.

ADO Database Runtime Version
OK.
Current version: 2.81.1117.0
Determined from file: C:\Program Files\Common Files\System\ado\msado15.dll

Internet Explorer Version
OK.
Current version: 6.0.2900.2805
Determined from file: C:\WINDOWS\System32\shdocvw.dll

VersionCheck (c) 2002-2004 TMG Development Ltd - http://www.tmgdevelopment.co.uk/vers...k/indexapp.htm

Heh, I'm not sure how to take a shot of a page on the Internet, so I hope that will do...I'm guessing I need that thing that failed and it should work huh?

My sig is stupid.
Old 01-10-2006, 06:24 PM   #1516
Det. Bart Lasiter
obama.png

Forum Veteran LF Jester 
^^^^
It looks like you'll need the .NET Framework 1.1 in order to run KT.

Old 01-10-2006, 06:51 PM   #1517
Clone L68362
Forumite

That's really weird. I could have sworn I downloaded it...well, thanks for the help guys, I gotta go mod!

My sig is stupid.
Old 01-11-2006, 01:20 AM   #1518
Fred Tetra
Kotor Tool Guy

A new version of Kotor Tool has been posted today.

If you're manually downloading, check that the version number is the one below.

v1.0.2201.41632 (2006-1-11 1:31)

Features/updates:
  • Support for alternate Module maps added, such as 104per, which has an extra "cutscene stage".

New MapInfo.bfd (v1.2006.0111.1) and maps to support these modules has been posted:
  • 104per - Peragus Asteroid Exterior
  • 232tel - Telos Underground Base
  • 233tel - Telos Czerka Site

Kotor Tool Developer

—Stephen Toub

Last edited by Fred Tetra; 01-11-2006 at 01:34 AM.
Old 01-12-2006, 12:03 PM   #1519
SilverSentinal2
Rookie

Unhappy Thanks for the "Tool" and some quick questions.

Hi I just wanted to say thanks for the neat hardware its really cool. Unfortunately I am hopelessly slow when it comes to learning how to use programs like this.

My question is this everytime I want to view an image it tells me that the viewer I configured isn't in the location that I specified. I think I know why its doing this, I installed a new video card and the Kotor games wont run until I've updated my drivers. Of course being the idiot I am I can't figure out how to do that either. But if you could tell me how to reconfigure the hardware so I can see images I would appreciate it.
Silver
SilverSentinal2 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-13-2006, 12:29 AM   #1520
Fred Tetra
Kotor Tool Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSentinal2
Hi I just wanted to say thanks for the neat hardware its really cool. Unfortunately I am hopelessly slow when it comes to learning how to use programs like this.

My question is this everytime I want to view an image it tells me that the viewer I configured isn't in the location that I specified. I think I know why its doing this, I installed a new video card and the Kotor games wont run until I've updated my drivers. Of course being the idiot I am I can't figure out how to do that either. But if you could tell me how to reconfigure the hardware so I can see images I would appreciate it.
Silver
Changing you video card shouldn't affect something simple like viewing images. My only guesses are that either your path to the viewer is wrong or it doesn't take an image specification on the command line. That is, if you opened a command prompt, CD'd to the image viewer directory, then typed viewerAppNameHere completePathToTGAFile you should see the .TGA file. For example:

CD c:\progrs\irfanview
irfan c:\my pics\lbl_map201tel.tga

Kotor Tool Developer

—Stephen Toub

Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Editing / Modding > T3-M4's Astromech Droid Center > KotOR Tool > Kotor Tool - v1.0.2210.16738 (2006-1-19 12:38)

Tags
kotor modding tool, kotor tool