lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: KotOR and KotOR2 Savegame Editor (KSE) - Current Version: 3.3.3
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 04-14-2006, 05:28 AM   #761
Joris1
Rookie

Hey., I have a problem! When I open the Savegameeditor, it shows me this error:

Quote:
Attempted to read past end of dialog.tkl
(tried to read string 136375 but dialog.tkl has 1363774 entries)

KotOR Spells.2da
What have I to do now?

"But the angel said to them: Do not be afraid. I bring you good news of great joy that will be for all the people. Today in the town of David a Savior has been born to you; he is Christ the Lord.", Lucas 2:10-11
Joris1 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-14-2006, 01:14 PM   #762
mimic666
Rookie

Sorry looks like a comp question to me, but are you using Lucas Arts\SWKotOR\ as the opening directory or Lucas Arts\ or Lucas Arts\SWKotOR\saves

Well I've got to go to work in an hour or so + I've still got to get ready. So hopefully I get a reply before 4 o'clock Central Time.

Last edited by mimic666; 04-14-2006 at 03:10 PM.
mimic666 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-15-2006, 04:32 AM   #763
Joris1
Rookie

Quote:
Sorry looks like a comp question to me, but are you using Lucas Arts\SWKotOR\ as the opening directory or Lucas Arts\ or Lucas Arts\SWKotOR\saves
Of course ...\saves ! But I think I know how to solute the problem!

"But the angel said to them: Do not be afraid. I bring you good news of great joy that will be for all the people. Today in the town of David a Savior has been born to you; he is Christ the Lord.", Lucas 2:10-11
Joris1 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-15-2006, 04:31 PM   #764
TheOssusKeeper
Forumite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joris1

KotOR Spells.2da

What have I to do now?
That error accurs when you install mods that modify the dialog.tlk file and then remove the mod without restoring the previous dialog.tlk... when you open the savegame editor you will recieve those kinds of errors... you should only have to restore the dialog.tlk to it's previous un-edited/modified condition and the error should be gone, Note: I said should be...

TheOssusKeeper is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-17-2006, 09:42 AM   #765
taclled

Exclamation kotor savegame editor 322 error

i dont know if this should go here but im having a problem with kse322.
when i try to run kse it says

"Attempted to read past end of dialog.tlk(tried to read string 136336
but dialog.tlk has 136321 entries

KotOR Spells.2da"

Does any one know how to fix this
taclled is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-17-2006, 09:46 AM   #766
RedHawke
Shadow Lord Of The Sith™

Current Game: DDO, Stormreach
Topics dealing with one of the tools need to go in T3-M4's Astromech Droid Center... moving.

"Beware the form-fitting black armor-clad Drow hottie with twin Mineral II Greensteel Khopeshes!"
"Liella d'Orien says, '"You're the fool, Devil. -- Witness the power of this fully ARMED and OPERATIONAL Titan!"'"
----------------------------------------------------------------------
RedHawke is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-17-2006, 11:38 AM   #767
Darkkender
Knight of Holowan

Current Game: Star Wars The Old Republic
Veteran Modder 
Have you installed any mods that change the dialogue.tlk file or are you running a version of StarWars Knights in a different language?

Working so, we will learn history as a tree knows it; we will climb into shapes printed in the seed; we will become time made visible, years made fragrant; we will make of concentric memory a stem of praise; we will inhabit daylight at a trees own speed; we will be travelers who remain, patriots to this ground.
OMG I only rank 62.13018% geek or a Extreme Geek as it is referred to on the geektest at Geektest
[TSL]Holowan Plugin
Darkkender is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-17-2006, 12:13 PM   #768
tk102
Well past expiration date

Current Game: Dragon Age: Origins
Forum Veteran Helpful! Notable contributor 
See this thread:
http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=163778

tk102 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-17-2006, 12:15 PM   #769
tk102

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joris1

Quote:

KotOR Spells.2da

What have I to do now?
See this thread: http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=163778

Old 04-17-2006, 01:38 PM   #770
taclled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkkender
Have you installed any mods that change the dialogue.tlk file or are you running a version of StarWars Knights in a different language?
i dont think so i bought my game in a PX where i lived so it should be english i dont think i have any mods installed that change the dialog.tlk i just had a different error(boy dont the errors all seem centered on the telos academy) so i reinstalled the game and now it gives me that error
Old 04-17-2006, 02:56 PM   #771
tk102

Clear the spells.2da file out of your override file if you have one and delete the offending savegame.

Old 04-17-2006, 03:41 PM   #772
taclled

Quote:
Originally Posted by tk102
Clear the spells.2da file out of your override file if you have one and delete the offending savegame.
i dont under stand i try to run the kse and it gives it to me so which is the offending sg
Old 04-17-2006, 03:58 PM   #773
tk102

In that case, just remove the spells.2da from your override.

Old 04-18-2006, 01:39 PM   #774
taclled

thanks tk102 it works now
Old 04-22-2006, 06:45 AM   #775
Asgarnia
Lurker

KSE 333 wont run

I downloaded the KSE 3.3.3 and tried to run it, then nothing happened, for some reason it wont even start. Anyone knows how to fix that or does anyone else have the same problem ? :I

Edit: Nothing anymore, i needed to download KSE 3.3.2a, and it works, for now atleast... thanks Darth333

Last edited by Asgarnia; 04-22-2006 at 07:02 AM.
Asgarnia is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-23-2006, 07:33 PM   #776
SithLordStriker
Rookie

i'm a big noob at this and I was wondering where do you get the thingy called dialog.tlk from? Where in the game save? I use winzip

Mod Edit: Please do not type in all caps, it is considered shouting, and most people don't even bother to read posts in all or mostly caps, I have fixed your post for you this time. Thanks. -RH

SiThLoRdStRiKeR
"YoU wIlL dIe By My HaNd, JeDi"

Last edited by RedHawke; 04-23-2006 at 11:58 PM.
SithLordStriker is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-24-2006, 12:03 AM   #777
RedHawke
Shadow Lord Of The Sith™

Current Game: DDO, Stormreach
Quote:
Originally Posted by SithLordStriker
i'm a big noob at this and I was wondering where do you get the thingy called dialog.tlk from? Where in the game save? I use winzip
Dialog.tlk is installed with the game to the main game directory, typically;

C:\Program Files\LucasArts\SWKotOR for KotOR I
C:\Program Files\LucasArts\SWKotOR2 for TSL (KotOR II)

It isn't part of the save game.

"Beware the form-fitting black armor-clad Drow hottie with twin Mineral II Greensteel Khopeshes!"
"Liella d'Orien says, '"You're the fool, Devil. -- Witness the power of this fully ARMED and OPERATIONAL Titan!"'"
----------------------------------------------------------------------
RedHawke is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-11-2006, 08:36 PM   #778
Xboxgamer09
Lurker

KotOR Xbox KSE Help?

I have a softmodded Xbox, and Ive been looking around for help with the KSE 3.3.3. Editor. Can someone in here help me? All I want to do is change the dudes name and maybe his attributes. I copied the UDATA folder to the PC and when I tell the program where to find it, it adds the UDATA folder under KotOR with a +, and when I click on it I get an error message. Do I need the KotOR tool and anything else to make this work, or am I just doing it wrong? Cause if I need KotOR tool im screwed cause I have dialup...... Oh, and if I am in the wrong place again, please tell me who to talk to/where to go. Thanx!

Last edited by Xboxgamer09; 05-11-2006 at 08:38 PM. Reason: Forgot something
Xboxgamer09 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-12-2006, 11:35 AM   #779
tk102

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xboxgamer09
I copied the UDATA folder to the PC and when I tell the program where to find it, it adds the UDATA folder under KotOR with a +, and when I click on it I get an error message.
Hello,
KSE requires a specific directory structure with data files (and .sig files!) placed in their expected folders. The details are in kse-readme.txt.

Also, when editing your PC's or NPCs' names for Xbox, you must keep the same number of characters as before or you will get a "damaged save game" message on the Xbox. (I think I still need to add that to the kse-readme.txt!)

Old 06-04-2006, 03:19 PM   #780
sion_revan
Lurker

ok, so how do i use this? i have a mod, and someone advised to use this to make it work or something. I JUST WANT REVAN'S ROBES WITH THE HOOD UP! GOD DAMN!!
sion_revan is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-05-2006, 06:46 AM   #781
mimic666
Rookie

If you change your appearance to Unique_Darth_Revan you will have the Robes on when you load the save, but you will not be able to change from this "Ingame" unless you have a disquise or the "Sith Armor (Taris)".
mimic666 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-06-2006, 05:18 PM   #782
ChAiNz.2da
Leave Everything to Me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sion_revan
ok, so how do i use this? i have a mod, and someone advised to use this to make it work or something. I JUST WANT REVAN'S ROBES WITH THE HOOD UP! GOD DAMN!!
First off.. calm down and lose the 'tude... We'll be more than happy to help if you aren't going to snap on us

Secondly, which mod are you having problems with? Have you considered that path (fixing the actual problem)... KSE can definitely fix it, but the problem mod may cause other unforseen problems if you don't either fix it or disable it (said mod)...

Let us know if you want to pursue using KSE to fix your problem, or if you'd rather have alternate suggestions for mods and/or fixing it

"Eagles May Soar, But Weasels Don't Get Sucked Into Jet Engines"

| Mods (FF) (DS) | Folding | SWK.com | FB: (LF) (Me) | Steam | The Herd |
ChAiNz.2da is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-06-2006, 04:47 AM   #783
Ravage13
Lurker

I am probably going to simply embarrass myself but...
I am new to the forums but I have read everything that seemed relevant. I am having difficulty with the KSE savegame editor. Using the pc version of KOTOR (no mod changes) I was able to change the NPC characters with no difficulty. With KOTOR2 (no mod changes), I cannot seem to change anything with the NPC characters (stats, appearance, class). For example, I wanted to add a Guardian class to Handmaiden immediately after adding her to the party (not patient enough to wait) and discovered I could change my pc character easy enough but nothing with the npc's. Am I missing a file? Corrupted KSE install? Or simply something I have overlooked? Any info would be appreciated, thanks.
Ravage13 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-11-2006, 07:17 PM   #784
cheeseofengland
Lurker

Hi i'm a newbie.
Well now that's out the way, is there any way to change the dark side portraits? I can place a portrait for say po_pfha01 in the over ride folder, and then i use kse to replace the portrait. But only neutral portraits show up in the editor.. is there any way i can replace the negative alignment portraits?

Thanks a bucket.

Wolly..
cheeseofengland is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-11-2006, 07:44 PM   #785
General Kenobi
Guardian of The Force

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheeseofengland
Hi i'm a newbie.
Well now that's out the way, is there any way to change the dark side portraits? I can place a portrait for say po_pfha01 in the over ride folder, and then i use kse to replace the portrait. But only neutral portraits show up in the editor.. is there any way i can replace the negative alignment portraits?

Thanks a bucket.

Wolly..
Hey

You can always do a conversion for a certain character or the like by pulling out the original .tga files and editing them and dropping them back into the override folder. you can do both the portraits and the skins for the models themselves that way. I'd try doing a search for HeAdShOp Mod and it has all your questions I believe answered in there. A thread on Holowan Labs.

Hope that helps a bit,

General Kenobi

MY SITE: Okinawa Outpost
Gilliam Forums
Ikanaru hito demo sonke suru koto
Yakusoku o yaburanai koto
Hito o on****su shinai koto
Hito ni tai****e omoiyari o motsu koto
General Kenobi is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-12-2006, 06:42 AM   #786
cheeseofengland
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Kenobi
Hey

You can always do a conversion for a certain character or the like by pulling out the original .tga files and editing them and dropping them back into the override folder. you can do both the portraits and the skins for the models themselves that way. I'd try doing a search for HeAdShOp Mod and it has all your questions I believe answered in there. A thread on Holowan Labs.

Hope that helps a bit,

General Kenobi
Thanks! And to think, i aways thought you were just a fictional character..

-Wolly
cheeseofengland is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-12-2006, 12:27 PM   #787
General Kenobi
Guardian of The Force

Well I had to off the bad guy with my clonetrooper army @#$# Sith

Gilliam Forums
Old 07-14-2006, 12:02 PM   #788
CaptainWhyNot
Rookie

Current Game: World of Warcraft
problem with showing DAP quests

I noticed a problem with KSE 3.3.3 showing quests for the DAP:HC (Dark Apprentice: Holowan Consortium) v1.00.23 mod . It doesn't show the proper text entry in the left-hand window, but instead shows what looks like the first 32K or so entries from "dialog.tlk". I suspect the problem has to do with the mod's entries in "global.jrl" having Text StringRef set to -1 for using local strings (rather than a positive value for looking it up from "dialog.tlk"), but I don't know for sure. And, if I click on one of those messed up quest entries, KSE crashes and exits with an error message. (If you need more info about the error, let me know.) Fortunately, it doesn't seem to cause problems with any other quests.
CaptainWhyNot is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-29-2006, 02:21 AM   #789
SharonC
Lurker

I need help

I am in need of help,

Don't know if this is related to the program or not but figured I'd post something here in thinking perhaps someone else has had this problem.

I'm Playing KOTORII and I just boarded the ebon hawk and got a message to return to dxum, but the problem is, everytime I go to leave to another planet it shows the movie and then where it should be loading it just goes directly to the game menu when you start up KOTORII and is frozen. I tried going other places as well but got the same result.

If anyone has any suggestions I'd appreciate them.
SharonC is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-29-2006, 02:28 PM   #790
General Kenobi
Guardian of The Force

So when the game is loading the area, instead of the area it goes back out to the load screen and freezes?

Does the game have the same problem with other characters or just your current one?

General Kenobi

Gilliam Forums
Old 08-04-2006, 08:48 PM   #791
Analia
Rookie

Hot Topic Starter 
What's the codes for KSE to make my character into this one? http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e3...kyamy/hmmm.jpg

Analia is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-10-2006, 10:31 AM   #792
lord ignarn

She looks like a custom made character,KSE canīt do anything here Iīm sorry. Try to find it, itīs the only answer I can give you.

"Revenge is never a straight line. It's a forest. And like a forest it's easy to lose your way to get lost When engaged in combat, the vanquishing of thine enemy can be the warrior's only concern. This is the first and cardinal rule of combat. Suppress all human emotion and compassion. Kill whoever stands in thy way, even if that be Lord God, or Buddha himself..."

Hattori Hanzo.
lord ignarn is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-22-2006, 02:57 PM   #793
Darnay
Lurker

How do I add/remove force powers? I don't see an option letting me, just feats and skills.

Thanks for any replies
Darnay is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-23-2006, 03:28 AM   #794
Addlcove
Rookie

as I recall (which means I'm probably wrong) force powers are located under the "classes" menu, as part of your jedi subclass
Addlcove is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-23-2006, 09:40 PM   #795
Lord_shadowhnr
Rookie

i downloaded 3.3.3 n it didnt run,like Asgarnia, i downloaded 3.3.2 ,but,it didnt run!!!!!can someone plz help me?
Lord_shadowhnr is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-25-2006, 10:30 AM   #796
Darth333
Administraterror

Did you tried KSEa (not KSE 3.3.2 but KSEa 3.3.2])? The download link is right below that of KSE: http://www.starwarsknights.com/tools.php
Darth333 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-27-2006, 03:29 PM   #797
Lord_shadowhnr
Rookie

yea i did
Lord_shadowhnr is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-06-2006, 12:09 AM   #798
bba05
Lurker

Thanks, can get rid of the Sand Warrior/Dragon Pearl quest from the Journal now. There was no way to complete the quest because although I had the item, I'd already pwned the Sand Chief.

bba05 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-14-2006, 08:15 PM   #799
Gir19
Lurker

Ok, I have tried the past 4 versions of KSE and none of them are working for me.

I am running winxp sp2
I only have KOTOR2 installed with no mods
I have tried versions:
3.3.2a
and 3.2.8

they all come up with the same error saying that there was a problem within the module perl58.dll

I have tried emptying the temp folder then rebooting and trying again, then I have tried reinstalling KOTOR2, downloaded all 4 versions of KSE from different hosts and nothing appears to solve the issue.
Gir19 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-14-2006, 11:27 PM   #800
tk102

I'm sorry to hear you're having such problems. As a last ditch effort, you could try installing Perl 5.8.8 on your computer from ActiveState (free downalod) and then try KSE 3.3.3 again. Choose the Windows MSI x86.
Here is the download page: click
Here is the direct download link: click. (15.2Mb)

If that solves the problem please post so.

And welcome to the forums.

Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Editing / Modding > T3-M4's Astromech Droid Center > KotOR and KotOR2 Savegame Editor (KSE) - Current Version: 3.3.3

Tags
kotor modding tool, kse