lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: KotOR and KotOR2 Savegame Editor (KSE) - Current Version: 3.3.3
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 02-14-2005, 01:24 PM   #281
tk102
Well past expiration date

Current Game: Fallout 2
Forum Veteran Helpful! Notable contributor 
Are you getting a confirmation that "game saved successfully"?

Try creating a text file in the same directory as KSEA and rename it to "kse.log". Then try performing your changes again. Email the resulting kse.log file to the email address in the kse-readme.txt.

tk102 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-14-2005, 01:30 PM   #282
damacles
Rookie

You are hitting apply for each change then commit changes to write to file, right?
damacles is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-14-2005, 02:38 PM   #283
bigdfg
Lurker

Kse3.4

Quote:
Originally posted by BurnsU
Just so you know TK, for TSL, when you give yourself items with the editor, they dont show up at the workbench when you want to upgrade them.
I too have this problem. I can upgrade some of the items I pick up. However I have noticed that that is also untrue as I cannot upgrade most of my items and I am on my third play of the game. "first time with KSE 3.4"

So I do not know what the deal is, and I am not complaining. I just wanted to let you know that this is not just one person with a problem.

so bottom line all of the stuff shows in my inventory, but right now I cannot upgrade anything with any work bench.

But thanks for the hard work tK and for getting this out so fast..

Great job.
bigdfg is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-14-2005, 03:33 PM   #284
damacles
Rookie

Look at the item code in KSE and then use the console cheats giveitem command to give you that item, that one will upgrade like normal. Best you can do until tk102 figures out what's causing this issue, and rest assured, he will!
Old 02-14-2005, 05:25 PM   #285
cantus
Lurker

@damacles: Yep - I'm hitting apply and then I commit the changes. Everything looks fine until I close KSEA and then re-run it and browses to the influence - it's reverted back to the original value!

@tk102: I will create the log file and send it to you. Again - thank you for the great editors.
cantus is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-14-2005, 05:42 PM   #286
Renegade Angel
The Darkside Has Cookies!

VERY NICE TK!

Wow.. Ive been away so long... New mods, new modders, new tools, TSL on PC...I feel like I'm 90!

98 percent of the teenage population has tried some type of drug or underage drinking at some point. Put this in your sig if you like potatoes.
Renegade Angel is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-14-2005, 07:54 PM   #287
damacles
Rookie

Quote:
Originally posted by cantus
@damacles: Yep - I'm hitting apply and then I commit the changes. Everything looks fine until I close KSEA and then re-run it and browses to the influence - it's reverted back to the original value!

@tk102: I will create the log file and send it to you. Again - thank you for the great editors.
Is the influence not changing for 1 character or all of them? If it's Kreia, then her's does that sometimes.
Old 02-14-2005, 09:58 PM   #288
J'ando
Rookie

I don't know if I'm the only one but for some reason I get an empty list when trying to edit feats or powers on my characters. When I check the "Show all feats/powers" box I get the "full" list but it's unscrollable. Does KSE require the feats.2da and/or spells.2da be in the override or other such folder?

There are none so truly blind,
as those that will not see.

J'ando's Lightsabers
J'ando is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-14-2005, 10:01 PM   #289
Iamme
Rookie

Check the box, click on a power that you already have on the root tree, then click on the base feats/forcepowers line again. It worked for me, if that doesn't I'm not sure how to help.
Iamme is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-15-2005, 02:00 AM   #290
juv3nal
Rookie

another thing that works is once you have the full list shown, just click and drag in the feat list and keep dragging down past the bottom of the box and the scrollbar will appear.
juv3nal is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-15-2005, 10:52 AM   #291
tk102

v3.0.7 released

v3.0.7 released

- Fixed a major Xbox bug that prevented KSE from opening Xbox savegames. It was the fact that the .bif files needed to go into \dataxbox\ folder instead of \data\ folder. Special thanks goes to Transquillar for helping me troubleshoot this.

(Inventory upgrade fix is on schedule for v3.0.8! Coming soon!)

Old 02-15-2005, 12:36 PM   #292
ArmyAJ
Rookie

Awesome dude, keep up the great work, looking foward for the update.

ArmyAJ is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-15-2005, 02:56 PM   #293
Bubbles
Rookie

Great work TK

I'm having the same problem as Cant, in that it isn't saving my influence (this is the only thing I am using the Editor for, too :P).

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
Bubbles is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-15-2005, 03:11 PM   #294
Bubbles
Rookie

Kay... well, here's my findings in regard to INF changes.

Atton = Works everytime
Bao-Dur = Never works (Grr...)
Handmaiden = Never works
Kreia = Sometimes works
Visa = Sometimes works

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
Bubbles is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-15-2005, 05:02 PM   #295
doinkers
Lurker

you rock

i just registered to say thanks for the effort you put into making this savegame editor

my only 2 gripes about it is the items that can be upgraded, or even been sold. its like the game doesn't register it

my other gripe is that in the inventory screen you gotta keep on clicking that plus sign for more stuff. would be nicer if we could just type the value. even better if we could select multiple items and change the amount

the fans are with you, and look forward to seeing the next release
doinkers is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-15-2005, 05:04 PM   #296
Closter

Do changing gender work ? i try to get the handmaiden instead of disciple and it not seem to work
Closter is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-15-2005, 05:05 PM   #297
doinkers
Lurker

love the program but items not working perfect. game seems to think of it as invisible. can't upgrade

is there any way in the inventory screen to type the value instead of clicking. big hassle especially if i want lots of stuff

the best program ever

p/s- i'm such a noob. accidently made a new thread instead of hitting the reply button
Old 02-16-2005, 05:33 AM   #298
NickR

Nice work dude. About from the inventory upgrade bug I can only see 1 other bug left to squash.

When you highlight an inventory item and reduce the amount to 0 and press apply, the item is removed from the list but the options for that item stay on the right hand side. And so if you press apply again you get an error. A good idea would be to switch to the next highlighted inventory item.

I get dumped on alot. It's one of the hazards of being me!
NickR is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-16-2005, 06:00 AM   #299
tk102

v3.0.9 released last night

v3.0.9 released
- Fixes inventory upgrade bug

- Fixes influence bug

Thanks for the feedback everyone! I'll try to keep improving KSE as per your suggestions.

Old 02-16-2005, 06:30 AM   #300
steinidj
Lurker

The link to the program dosnt work when i click it

Is there a different location available?
steinidj is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-16-2005, 10:53 AM   #301
MasterNe0
Lurker

Love the Program.

However, im having a problem with the goodevil rating.
When I give everyone 100% Good for all the NPC characters:
(Visas, Atton, Kriea, Handmaiden, Bao-Lur, and t3-m4). I picked 2 characters (like atton and Visas) and they become good, then i switch the two with (bao-lur and handmaiden) and their evil. Anyway to make them all good 100%

the savegame keep reseting them back to 0 after i load it if i changed them all.

(never knew Atton was a Sith zombie)
MasterNe0 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-16-2005, 10:56 AM   #302
tk102

Well okay I'll check that too. Man, who knew TSL would cause so many ripples in KSE?

Old 02-16-2005, 10:58 AM   #303
Tianhou_Zhong
Rookie

TK, why don't you make the editor display the item name insted the item code, it will be much easier to add new items. Thanks

There is no peace, there is anger.
There is no fear, there is power.
There is no death, there is immortality.
There is no weakness, there is the dark side.
I do not have fear, but rather I instill it in my enemies.
I am the heart of darkness.
I am the fire of hate.
I am the destroyer of worlds.
I know the power of the dark side.
All the universe bow before me.
I pledge myself to the darkness as I rule the Sith.
For I have found true power in the death of light.

-The Code of The Sith Lords
Tianhou_Zhong is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-16-2005, 11:04 AM   #304
tk102

It does -- just scroll the item list to the right...

Old 02-16-2005, 02:33 PM   #305
Daebryn
Rookie

I've notice that the game won't register name changes.

You can use KSE to change your character's name, and it will show up as the new name, but everyone in the game will still refer to you as the old name.

Also, <FullName> items won't register the name change.

Everyone has the right to act stupid. Some people just abuse the privilage.

"Water tastes like water, nothing is tasteless. Except for reality TV. "
Daebryn is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-16-2005, 03:17 PM   #306
doinkers
Lurker

i think the game is buggy when it comes to alignment. not the editors fault. happen to me all the time. i get more light side points and atton became EVIL.

but when i reloaded he was back to good. the good/ evil rating is bugged and same goes for the inventory. i get pretty anal when my items don't stack

but tk, damn are you a fast worker. you're the obiwan to all of us

p/s- if you could somehow make the inventory to accept typing for better yet some way to max out the items that would be even better. been creating lots of upgrade items and grenades for my guys

thanks again for giving us so much, to talk rant about
Old 02-16-2005, 04:01 PM   #307
Jennaida
Rookie

Current Game: Star Trek Online
doinkers, there's a Jedi Class with a feat/abil (forget which) that causes people opposite you to move further opposite, sure you don't have that?

and more to the point... TK, there's a bug in KSE seemingly with Handmaiden and levelling. If you try to lower her level, it won't acknowledge it, even after it says it saved successfully.

*tries to remove the class and has it freeze, tries to remove guardian and readd soldier*

Hmm. Error message on deleating/readding a class: Can't call method "get_field_ix_By_label" on unblessed refrence at kotor_savegame_editor3.0.0.pl line 2047.

Details of Error:
TK callback for .button
TK::__ANON__ at /PerlApp/Tk.pm line 247
TK::Button::butUp at /PerlApp/Tk/Button.pm line 111
<ButtonRelease-1>
(command bound to event)
Jennaida is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-16-2005, 04:58 PM   #308
tk102

@Daebryn: Interesting observation. I wonder where else the game is storing the <FullName> tokens...

@doinkers: Thanks for the kudos. I'm still investigating the GoodEvil thing. I've heard that low influence makes NPCs go GoodEvil in the opposite direction as your PC. I don't know firsthand yet, but I'm just looking for bugs.

@Jennaida: Leveling-- when you lower her level, Handmaiden should show that she's ready to level up. Is that not the case?

For removing classes, you should never remove all the classes -- rather, edit the base class, or add a new class and then remove the base class. Or am I misunderstanding you?

@Holowan Labs: Please, before posting what you think is a bug -- try closing KSE and reopening it to see if your changes are still there. Don't open it in-game to test until after you've performed that action. TSL obviously does some strange things behind the scenes and I need to separate that behavior from pure KSE bugs. Thanks!

Old 02-16-2005, 06:10 PM   #309
MasterNe0
Lurker

After investigating myself, i found that it does changed after u gain either lightside or dark side causing you to make your teammates all evil if u editted them to 100% good.

it wierd, I just keep on editting it until someone figure it out.
MasterNe0 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-16-2005, 07:45 PM   #310
tk102

@MasterNe0: I confirm that KSE is editing the GoodEvil value of NPCs correctly. Any changes that are occurring in-game are a result of TSL.

Old 02-16-2005, 07:48 PM   #311
doinkers
Lurker

honestly, i think the light/ dark npc's are bugged. i mean how can atton, handmaiden, that alien guy and t3 all become dark side when i get light points. i can't confirm this but i think it happens regardless of class. i'm always palying lightside sentinel

so for everyone else who use other class and are dark side, do your ppl become more light side as you become more dark?

wow, that sounds like crappy english
Old 02-16-2005, 07:53 PM   #312
Iamme
Rookie

By tk102:
Quote:
I'm still investigating the GoodEvil thing. I've heard that low influence makes NPCs go GoodEvil in the opposite direction as your PC. I don't know firsthand yet, but I'm just looking for bugs.
Iamme is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-16-2005, 07:55 PM   #313
SpaceAlex
Forumite

Forum Veteran 
Quote:
Originally posted by doinkers
honestly, i think the light/ dark npc's are bugged. i mean how can atton, handmaiden, that alien guy and t3 all become dark side when i get light points. i can't confirm this but i think it happens regardless of class. i'm always palying lightside sentinel

so for everyone else who use other class and are dark side, do your ppl become more light side as you become more dark?

wow, that sounds like crappy english
Are you sure about that? That doesn't sound like KSE problem to me. Must be a bug in the game. But still, that never happened to me. Visas is even 100% light side.

Or maybe you didn't talk to your NPC's enough?

SpaceAlex is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-16-2005, 08:53 PM   #314
Dak Vesser
Rookie

Quote:
Originally posted by SpaceAlex
Are you sure about that? That doesn't sound like KSE problem to me. Must be a bug in the game. But still, that never happened to me. Visas is even 100% light side.

Or maybe you didn't talk to your NPC's enough?

It's doing that on the Xbox as well. But It's not KSE that I know.
I'm using this trainer that Dootdoo made and when It's active, the npcs go up and down all the time with the Light/Dark. It only happens when the Main Play Character is high in the light.

You may call me: King Kong-Xbox, PC related, Darth Cowboy-Jedi-Ninja'Nerd
Dak Vesser is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-16-2005, 08:55 PM   #315
doinkers
Lurker

i'm quite sure about the light/dark thing. i've always played sentinel or guardian. have never been a jedi master. jedi and sith masters are the ones with that influence feat.

tk made the best program in the world. i mean how else can you give the bao-dur 100 influence and go thru that whole speech thing, make him a jedi consular, then upgrade him to a jedi master and at the same time giving him 99 points for all skill level

i think we can all agree that THE GAME is bugged. been couple of times the game crash on me for no reason. just waiting for the patch to come out, and also for it to bring back my "heart of guardian" and "mantle of the force"

but here's something. when i reach the telos surface decided to use KSE_309 to get some of the heavier armors like the mandalorian types. now the problem is when i equip it on bao-dur the game crashes. is it my comp's fault or the games?
Old 02-17-2005, 05:44 AM   #316
Argonus
Lurker

I've noticed something wierd....Since I started using KSE, my NPCs will switch between light and dark on their own.

They all do it, except Kreia.

Now with 3.09, the game crashes by itself. Didn't do it when using 3.06. (beat the game without any editing or cheats first...this time I wanted to play around)

Not sure what is going on, First time it happened was when I was buying from a merchant. Was kinda annoying, since I made the mistake of not saving the game for a while. lol

Not sure if it's a TSL, or KSE thing...but the crashing started happening when I started using 3.09. The NPC Light/Dark has happened since I started using KSE...But doesn't really affect anything major...At least that I have seen...Altho...Handmaiden looks way better in the black then she does in the white.

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming, "WOO HOO what a ride!"

Last edited by Argonus; 02-17-2005 at 06:00 AM.
Argonus is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-17-2005, 07:09 AM   #317
tk102

@Argonus: You didn't say how you were using KSE. What did you attempt to modify?

I will begin playing this game either tonight or this weekend and try to see first hand what is occurring.

In the meantime given this type of feedback, perhaps it is best that users do not attempt to modify Influence or GoodEvil of their NPC or PC. I know KSE is writing these values correctly, however there be other fields that require auxillary updates or TSL may be doing something scriptwise.

Old 02-17-2005, 07:13 AM   #318
Argonus
Lurker

Quote:
Originally posted by tk102
@Argonus: You didn't say how you were using KSE. What did you attempt to modify?

I was using it to mod the Attributes and the GoodEvil and Influence.

So at this point, I am thinking it may not be totally your fault, just the way that Obsidian did the GoodEvil and Influence...maybe you are missing something hidden they stuck in there.

This is the PC version by the way....Don't know if it was doing this on the XBox version (don't have an XBox)

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming, "WOO HOO what a ride!"
Argonus is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-17-2005, 10:06 AM   #319
steinidj
Lurker

I finally managed to get the file from my friend.

But ofcourse nothing works with my "Über" Computer.

It wont start... No error Message, nothin

Any tips?
steinidj is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-17-2005, 10:24 AM   #320
tk102

I see you are from Iceland. Have you tried using KSEA instead of KSE?

Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Editing / Modding > T3-M4's Astromech Droid Center > KotOR and KotOR2 Savegame Editor (KSE) - Current Version: 3.3.3

Tags
kotor modding tool, kse