lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: White males...
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 03-02-2004, 11:44 AM   #41
Hiroki
Monarchist asswipe

Here's a thought for you. Many species have lived for well over a million years, and not changed at all. But, what about us? In a million years I imagen we will have changed dramaticly.
Hiroki is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-02-2004, 12:56 PM   #42
SkinWalker
Anthropologist

LFN Staff Member 
Just to be clear, the Indians weren't involved in a war with the European invaders. They were simply trying to survive, physically and culturally. There were punctuated instances in which they had had enough and revolted, but by-and-large the Indian reacted passively to the white-man.

The white-man, on the other hand, committed wholesale genocide and engaged in ethnic cleansing in his attempt to conquer the continent.

Hiroki speaks of man being the dominant species and being "in charge," and he's probably right. But with that position comes great responsibility. For the Earth will never belong to us but we will forever belong to the Earth. We are made of the molecules and elements of the planet and when we die those molecules and elements return to get used again... matter can neither be created nor destroyed.

Man's greatest enemy is man.

A Hot Cup of Joe - My Blog

Not finding an intellectual challenge in the Swamp? Try the Senate Chambers!

Evolution and How We Know It's Right - Post your thoughts!
Debate Strategies & Tactics - Polish your online debate skills and offer your own advice
SkinWalker is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-02-2004, 01:12 PM   #43
Ray Jones
[armleglegarmhead]

10 year veteran! LF Jester Helpful! Forum Veteran 
how "much" a species changes depends to the changes of the environment, which can come a) through the change of the environment itself or b) by changing location to "another" environment.
there are not so many "global" species on this planet, but we are "global" and fitted ourselfs into most of the niches life offers.

also, the more "complex" a species is (or becomes?) or its genetic code the more possibilities are there for changes and variations.

and how we can be sure if some million years before us there wasnt another species changing in such a "dramatical" speed. or do you know how long it took until the first "animal" became wings and flew up? or how long it took from the "first scorpion" to those with a tail and stinger?

and in a million years there will be perhabs none of us anymore. maybe chimps have made their way then, or their is no longer any form of "higher intelligence".
or we are far beyond the point of now, and "left" earth as species and started to "spread (life) into space" and this would be a must if we want to live "longer" than earth.

[edit]

err.. and what skinwalker said.

Ray Jones is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-02-2004, 06:49 PM   #44
Kain
I'm a ghost

Current Game: Not so much.
Forum Veteran 10 year veteran! 
Y'know, classifying humans as animals or even mammals for that matter isn't really true. Agent Smith said it best in the original Matrix. Humans are more like parasites of the planet, especially the white man. Native Americans were probably the only species of human to realize this and not fall into the parasite catagory.
Kain is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-02-2004, 07:42 PM   #45
ET Warrior
PhD in horribleness

LFN Staff Member Forum Veteran 
Quote:
Originally posted by rccar328
If it is ever scientifically proven that homosexuality is genetic, I'll have to seriously reconsider my stance.
Can you say......Ironic?

ET Warrior is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-02-2004, 09:13 PM   #46
obi
LFN Staff Emeritus

Current Game: Game of life, yo
Woa there Hiroki, we may have had some agreements in the past, but that comment about Kain being a non-white homosexual was very inappropriate. Flaming is not tolerated on these boards.

Please, refrain from doing so furthermore.

** I second that... in fact, so does the Senate Singularity. -- SkinWalker

Why do you look at the speck in your brother's eye, but do not consider the plank in your own eye?-Matthew 7:3-5
Living Water Revival

Me on Myspace

Last edited by SkinWalker; 03-03-2004 at 03:46 AM.
obi is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-02-2004, 09:44 PM   #47
Hiroki
Monarchist asswipe

Heh heh, told you I'd get heat for it. Actually I figured I'd recieve heat for the other thing I said...not that. Whats so bad about that? Its a commen fact that if you started a thread insulting fat guys, mostly fat guys would come to there defence...

Edit: Oh yeah, my concience just hit me in the head. So I'm sorry if I offended anybody with comment.

Last edited by Hiroki; 03-02-2004 at 09:57 PM.
Old 03-02-2004, 09:57 PM   #48
Kain
I'm a ghost

It was just an assumption on his part, obi, that I called him out on.

And the reason that maybe the age difference between gays in your situation is 'a bit worse', as you so elegantly put it, is because you're against gays as it is.

But this isn't a debate about homosexuals. Its about how the white man is being put down by other races after doing it for the past 600+ years.
Old 03-02-2004, 10:00 PM   #49
Hiroki
Monarchist asswipe

True, true. Back on topic. Anyhow, what I'm trying to say is that even if we did do it for 600+ years, and we did, why does that give them the right to do it to us? To quote the Bible on one of the more sensable and wise of its sayings in it, two wrongs do not make a right.

Just becouse we wronged the other races with bigotry doesn't make them right for doing the same. Only when everybody stops doing it, and bands together as one race, will we be able to extract the full potential of humanity.
Old 03-02-2004, 10:28 PM   #50
ET Warrior
PhD in horribleness

I know my post already addressed this....we must make up for the mistakes of our past, right the past wrongs and whatnot. Look back on page 1, i had a post about it.

Old 03-02-2004, 10:30 PM   #51
Hiroki
Monarchist asswipe

We can do that, however, by not repeating them. We can do that, by simply treating them as equells, and trying to build a better world. If we always act like 'Well, you treated me like crap, so its time for some pay back!' Then humanity will never progress...
Old 03-03-2004, 12:33 AM   #52
ET Warrior
PhD in horribleness

But we already shoved them down into the mud. We have to fix what we did, because otherwise they aren't just going to naturally fix it all by themselves. SOMETHING must be done.

Old 03-03-2004, 01:25 AM   #53
Kain
I'm a ghost

Because humans are so self-destructive, there's no way you can get every single human to treat every other human as an equal.
Old 03-03-2004, 01:49 AM   #54
Hiroki
Monarchist asswipe

Yes, something must be done. But simply reverseing it is not the solution. It only makes things worse, acts of carnage shouldn't be truely punished, the people who commited thoughs acts should be taught differantly, and make up for it thru acts of kindness to thoughs that they have wronged.
Old 03-03-2004, 12:29 PM   #55
toms
v0.9

white males have it so much easier than ANYONE ELSE. It always makes me laugh to here white males going on about how hard life is now and how they are badly treated. rubbish.

The playing field was soooooooo uneven to start with that even a huge amount of positive discrimination has made very little dent in it. On average white males are paid more, there are more in top jobs, more in government, etc....

There is always the odd case of someone being unfairly treated which is trotted out to show how white males are discriminated against. But the number of these cases is so small and insignificant in comparisson to the amount of discrimination that other groups recieve that it is funny. White males just whine more and whine louder. Grow a thicker skin.

Playing: Link to the Past, Astroboy, Kario Kart, Mario World (Micro) KOTOR 2: Sith Lords (Xbox) Morrowind (PC)
toms is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-03-2004, 01:45 PM   #56
taoistimmortal
Rookie

Man posesses a wide variance when it comes to the capabilities of his actions, and his motivations for feeling a certain emotion, whether they be violent or vulgar, beautiful or profound. Man is simultaneously a beast, a seething monster in soul, a creature worthy of his inheritance, a brilliant mind. And there are many reasons for the paths that each person existing has taken. The old question: nature versus nurture. The ingrained genetic habits that are passed to us at birth. The knowledge we were given,and the knowledge we either found or attained. All of it adds up into the individual entity and the operational circumstances of our personalities.

So where does the white man come into this. Why were we so culturally bigoted as a society up until only a little while ago. My answer: it's as ancient an instinct as your likely to find in these beastly bodies of ours. Why do you think the domesticated wolf, now known as the dog, took such a liking to us. We are pack animals as well.

People that still operate on these instincts are looking out for there own, it's a piont of honor and dignity in some packs. To go against this instinct is to go against nature, but to understand that you first must know what nature is.

the vision of a future bliss annihilation or transcendence
taoistimmortal is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-03-2004, 05:54 PM   #57
Hiroki
Monarchist asswipe

Thats sorta interesting Taoist. So you think we should act on instinct alone? You think races should attack each other like rivel wolf packs? o.O That would not be a good world to live on, you know...
Old 03-03-2004, 07:07 PM   #58
Datheus
Whosawhatnow?

Quote:
Originally posted by toms
white males have it so much easier than ANYONE ELSE. It always makes me laugh to here white males going on about how hard life is now and how they are badly treated. rubbish.

The playing field was soooooooo uneven to start with that even a huge amount of positive discrimination has made very little dent in it. On average white males are paid more, there are more in top jobs, more in government, etc...
And how many of said white males are self-convinced that they are an inner city thug?

I'm about as white as you get, and I know a decent handful of black kids who are better off than I am and yet they still act like some hard-boiled killer.

If you walk, talk and look like a damn idiot, of course you're not going to get a job.

It even applies to rednecks. If two white guys walk in, one has a thick southern accent and the other has a reasonably flat Northern/Western accent.. who do you think will get the job? I'd put my chips on the guy without the accent in most cases.

I'm growing tired of hearing about how I'm supposed to have some enormous advantage over some black guy I've never met. I'd appreciate it if someone would point it out to me, because I sure don't see it.
Datheus is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-03-2004, 07:20 PM   #59
Hiroki
Monarchist asswipe

I know, they claim how hard blacks have it. Yeah, maybe they do have it hard, but its from other blacks today. White people do not give blacks a hard time in general. Most of there greif comes from thoughs of there very own race.
Old 03-03-2004, 07:55 PM   #60
taoistimmortal
Rookie

No not on instinct alone. No I suppose what I was saying is taht still, even through or better natures, mankind still operates on that ancient instinct, and it is the reason why the white man is in the mess he is in today in terms of the specifics of this conversation. I wasnt trying to say that we should revert to roaming packs vieing for petty powers, but wait that still does happen. I'm begginning to think I should have kept sleeping ten minutes ago instead of waking up.......

the vision of a future bliss annihilation or transcendence
taoistimmortal is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-03-2004, 08:31 PM   #61
Hiroki
Monarchist asswipe

Though in truth, we don't have a right to treat blacks any worse than us, they don't have a right to treat us bad eather, but africans are the origanel homosapien. The first humans where black. Thoughs in africa are still black. The ones over here are sorta brownish from interbreeding with us, and climet change, but still...
Old 03-03-2004, 09:34 PM   #62
El Sitherino
The Original.

Hot Topic Starter LFN Staff Member Forum Veteran LF Jester 
Quote:
Originally posted by Hiroki
Though in truth, we don't have a right to treat blacks any worse than us, they don't have a right to treat us bad eather, but africans are the origanel homosapien. The first humans where black. Thoughs in africa are still black. The ones over here are sorta brownish from interbreeding with us, and climet change, but still...
Interbreeding? uhhh.... why couldn't you just simply state breeding? You make it sound so ... horrible. As though they are somehow "contaminating/ed". I'm sure you didn't mean it like that, but it sounds like that through implication and having grown up in the south that term here basically means what i stated, that people who say that think they are "contaminating" the white race, Someday I hope everyone will realize all races are equally inferior to the bacteria!

sorry just trying to lighten the mood.

“This body is not me. I am not caught in this body.
I am life without limit.”

Last edited by InsaneSith; 03-03-2004 at 09:46 PM.
El Sitherino is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-03-2004, 10:23 PM   #63
Hiroki
Monarchist asswipe

Hehe, yeah, I didn't mean anything bad with it. Breeding with us, then.
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > JediKnight Series > Community > Senate Chambers > White males...