lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Dark Forces 2 Mod
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 07-02-2006, 02:08 PM   #841
Ackehallgren

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zerimar Nyliram
I'll agree that Academy is more fun to play than Outcast because of the reasons I listed (but the story was Bantha poodoo), but yeesh! Saying Outcast is worse than MOTS is unforgiveable.

Naw, I'm exaggerating. To each his own, I suppose.

EDIT: And for Pete's sake, will someone please scale down SD_Special_Ed's picture so that it's not stretching out the screen?
MOTS had the same sort of level design as JK in that it was about finding/thinking first, killing second. JO is all about killing and no thinking at all.

I never had any problems in JO, and never freezed or thought "crap, what am I supposed to do here?", unless I died over and over because an enemy was too hard... Just hack & slash...

"The dark side? I've been there! Do your worst!"

~Kyle Katarn

http://www.kylekatarn.com
http://www.kylekatarnforum.cjb.net
Ackehallgren is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-18-2006, 05:45 PM   #842
neo262

Excellent Yun saber hilt. The only thing I saw was that the top shouldn't be so curvy, but rather flattened when the curve goes up on both sides (according to the [large] cutscene picture). I always figured Kyle used this saber in Mots... Anyway, I can't wait to see the mod in action and hope things aren't slowing down. I'm a huge fan of both JK and MOTS. Keep up the good work. Also, I have some mapping and scripting experience, so if you need help I would be willing.
neo262 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-22-2006, 09:50 AM   #843
Darth_Tempust
Rookie

just so you guys know, i'm making my own DF2 kyle. here is a pic of the head:

if you want to use it when it's done, your welcome to it. :P
Darth_Tempust is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-13-2007, 11:51 AM   #844
NitroTab
Lurker

To Shamus:

You mentioned a while back that you were fed up with using freeforumhost's phpbb boards and I've noticed that yours has gone down again, so has mine.

So I did a search on the net for free IPB boards and came across these iPBfree http://ipbfree.com/home/ I signed up there and so far they seem alright so give them a try.
NitroTab is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-13-2007, 02:02 PM   #845
hhunter6
Rookie

Are you guys going to be releasing a demo?
hhunter6 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-15-2007, 04:31 PM   #846
NitroTab
Lurker

Are they still going even? I've read or heared nothing for a while now.

Shame if it has as it started off good.

Last edited by NitroTab; 08-15-2007 at 05:18 PM.
Old 09-21-2007, 02:14 PM   #847
hhunter6
Rookie

So since this hasn't been up dated in a long while, is there still progress being made?
Old 09-21-2007, 06:36 PM   #848
Gorgi

I understand they are busy with other real life things and (hopefully) the mod DF1 and DF2. But some communication would be nice.

For years I have watched this and I think I will let it go. I doubt it will ever happen, but they did do a great job. A shame lucasarts never made more expansions then MotS.

i don't want a signature, but i have one now
Gorgi is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-08-2007, 03:37 PM   #849
DarkStarMojo

Quote:
Originally Posted by hhunter6
So since this hasn't been up dated in a long while, is there still progress being made?
Yes. There's a long and very confusing (I don't fully understand it, myself) story about detention that's caused a delay on DFMod. I won't go into any details except that it's diverted my attention away from DF2 for the time being but we are still working on getting the demo done. I'll see about putting together some new screens.

Dark Forces Mod, Part 2
Project lead, lead mapper
http://www.darkforces.jediknight.net
http://dfmod.blogspot.com
DarkStarMojo is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-08-2007, 11:49 PM   #850
Zerimar Nyliram

Forum Veteran 
Most importantly: did the contents of the suggestions thread survive?

Quote:
Originally Posted by a silly noob View Post
YOURS VERY SLOW ! PLS NEW PROGRESSS PLS NEW UPDATES PLS DARK FORCES FİNAL VERSİON İ CAN WAİTİNG KOTF PART 1 RELEASED 5 YEAR AND İTS 1 MAN ( OSMAN GUNYAZ DEVELOPERS ) BUT YOURS VERY PEOPLE İ CANT WAİTİNG 5 YEARS
Zerimar Nyliram is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-09-2007, 03:40 PM   #851
hhunter6
Rookie

So do you need any help? i don't have much experience but would be willing to help in what ever way i can. let me know.
Old 10-09-2007, 06:23 PM   #852
DarkStarMojo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zerimar Nyliram
Most importantly: did the contents of the suggestions thread survive?
I believe I have a version of it saved on my HD somewhere. I'll have to look but if there's anything that you really want to suggest (or resuggest just in case I can't find the backup) don't hesitate to post them here.

Quote:
So do you need any help? i don't have much experience but would be willing to help in what ever way i can. let me know.
That depends on where your talents lie. You don't necessarily need to have experience working on a project (I didn't when I started out) but it is necessary to have a degree of talent in mapping/textures/coding/etc. to get a spot on the team. But don't hesitate to let us know if you think you can help out in a particular area.

Dark Forces Mod, Part 2
Old 10-12-2007, 08:59 AM   #853
hhunter6
Rookie

That depends on where your talents lie. You don't necessarily need to have experience working on a project (I didn't when I started out) but it is necessary to have a degree of talent in mapping/textures/coding/etc. to get a spot on the team. But don't hesitate to let us know if you think you can help out in a particular area.[/QUOTE]

Well i'm barely getting into mapping/modeling so i'd say let me get the feel for that before i open my mouth anymore but i can post some ads in other forums to see if i can recruit some more helpers for you. if that helps.
Old 12-14-2007, 09:32 AM   #854
hhunter6
Rookie

are you still going to use the original cut scenes from DF2?
Old 12-25-2007, 11:57 AM   #855
DarkStarMojo

Yes we are. Creating 100% original cutscenes would be too much work at this point, especially with our limited staff and time.

Good news is, I'm finished with DFMod and on break from school, so I have time to get back to work on JK.

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays everyone!

Dark Forces Mod, Part 2
Old 01-03-2008, 09:33 AM   #856
hhunter6
Rookie

have you guys decided when you will update the website? i also had a question about the weapons. have you considered talking with the guy who updated the orginial game to see if you could use his weapon models?
Old 01-03-2008, 09:37 PM   #857
DarkStarMojo

Quote:
have you guys decided when you will update the website? i also had a question about the weapons. have you considered talking with the guy who updated the orginial game to see if you could use his weapon models?
We talked with someone from a JK update project but I believe there was more than one. I don't actually think we were able to use any of their assets without heavy modification at which point it probably be easier to just make our own models.

I have to personally apologize for not getting any screenshots for updating the website but there haven't been a whole lot of mapping developments on my end. I'm largely working toward getting the textures and menu graphics finished and making a few minor adjustments to narshadda for the demo release which, if all goes according to plan, should finally be ready. In the meantime, with the DFMod finishing up I've been working like gangbusters to correct the errors in detention center - which, I can proudly tell you have been corrected - and work on some additional "stuff" for the mod that I hope to be able to release on my own later.

Dark Forces Mod, Part 2
Old 01-04-2008, 08:16 AM   #858
Crimson Emperor
Rookie

So you are going to add Nar Shadda??
If so it's wonderfull. It's one of my favourite levels back from DF and JK.

Hey about the JK project..what is about the JK(DF2) into JK2/JA?
Crimson Emperor is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-04-2008, 11:04 AM   #859
hhunter6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkStarMojo
We talked with someone from a JK update project but I believe there was more than one. I don't actually think we were able to use any of their assets without heavy modification at which point it probably be easier to just make our own models.

I have to personally apologize for not getting any screenshots for updating the website but there haven't been a whole lot of mapping developments on my end. I'm largely working toward getting the textures and menu graphics finished and making a few minor adjustments to narshadda for the demo release which, if all goes according to plan, should finally be ready. In the meantime, with the DFMod finishing up I've been working like gangbusters to correct the errors in detention center - which, I can proudly tell you have been corrected - and work on some additional "stuff" for the mod that I hope to be able to release on my own later.
i wonder if it was Shred18 over at JKHUB. he replaced alot of the models an what not in the original game. i think his Raildet weapon was pretty sweet. Any idea when you think the DF2 demo may come out. I must say with the map screen shots you have up it looks very impressive. looking forward to it.
Old 01-04-2008, 02:46 PM   #860
Forceboat

Well, right now I think the website is DOWN, at least on my computer. Server crash or...?
Forceboat is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-04-2008, 03:10 PM   #861
jedispy

Current Game: Metroid Prime 2
Yep, it's down for sure. I also tried to go to your message board (http://df2mod.freeforumhost.com) but am getting an SQL error there.
Code:
Warning: mysql_fetch_array(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /home/freeforu/public_html/config/multiforums.config.inc.php on line 15
phpBB : Critical Error

Could not query config information

DEBUG MODE

SQL Error : 1017 Can't find file: './freeforu_sebflipper/df2mod_config.frm' (errno: 13)

SELECT * FROM df2mod_config

Line : 277
File : common.php

Jedispy - SOTE Mod Administrator, server/technical administrator, mod author, forum admin/moderator, web administrator, programmer.
Click to read the latest SOTE MOD news
jedispy is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-04-2008, 06:18 PM   #862
Zerimar Nyliram

Forum Veteran 
Yeah, the message board has been down for over half a year.

I'm really worried about the suggestions thread. I poured my whole heart and soul into it, and I hope it isn't all gone now.

Quote:
YOURS VERY SLOW ! PLS NEW PROGRESSS PLS NEW UPDATES PLS DARK FORCES FİNAL VERSİON İ CAN WAİTİNG KOTF PART 1 RELEASED 5 YEAR AND İTS 1 MAN ( OSMAN GUNYAZ DEVELOPERS ) BUT YOURS VERY PEOPLE İ CANT WAİTİNG 5 YEARS
Old 01-04-2008, 07:34 PM   #863
DarkStarMojo

The message board is pretty much gone for good. We were dealing with a lot of spambots (pretty much the same affair as MOTS) and freeforumhost wasn't too reliable with their network. They went down entirely for a good two months last year.

We have an internal message board that we're supposed to be opening to the public. Shamus was going to make some adjustments to improve its superstructure, so to speak, but life seems to have gotten in the way. I'll email him about it and about the current situation with the website to see what's up. Sites do go down from time to time so I wouldn't worry about it right now. It's hasn't been down very long from what I understand.

Quote:
i wonder if it was Shred18 over at JKHUB. he replaced alot of the models an what not in the original game. i think his Raildet weapon was pretty sweet. Any idea when you think the DF2 demo may come out. I must say with the map screen shots you have up it looks very impressive. looking forward to it.
A lot of the original JK Models (and this includes the updated version) lack proper skeletons. In order to use any of the playermodels/NPCs we'd have to add skeletons, re-weight them, etc. which would be almost as difficult as making a new model from scratch. I'm not sure what we're going to do about weapons. The demo will be using retextured versions of the DFMod guns but they're likely to be place holders only.

As a time frame, I'm not prepared to commit to anything. This project has, after all, taken a lot longer than expected.

Dark Forces Mod, Part 2
Old 01-04-2008, 10:53 PM   #864
jedispy

Quote:
This project has, after all, taken a lot longer than expected.
Tell me about it. SOTE Mod has had the same troubles. Tell me, do you enjoy it as much as I do when someone contacts you expressing great enthusiasm to help with the mod, begging to join, only to suddenly disappear and never do a #@$% thing? YEE HAW!!!!!!!!

Jedispy - SOTE Mod Administrator, server/technical administrator, mod author, forum admin/moderator, web administrator, programmer.
Old 01-04-2008, 10:54 PM   #865
Darth_Linux

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkStarMojo

We have an internal message board that we're supposed to be opening to the public.
that's not the one that is shared with DFMOD is it?

Producer - The Dark Forces MOD for Jedi Academy
http://darkforces.jediknight.net/
Darth_Linux is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-06-2008, 06:37 PM   #866
DarkStarMojo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth_Linux
that's not the one that is shared with DFMOD is it?
No it's a separate forum hosted on Shamus' website. It's only internal because we were testing it out to make sure all the code and whatnot worked correctly but it's always intended to be public at some point, to replace our downed Freeforumhost board.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedispy
Tell me about it. SOTE Mod has had the same troubles. Tell me, do you enjoy it as much as I do when someone contacts you expressing great enthusiasm to help with the mod, begging to join, only to suddenly disappear and never do a #@$% thing? YEE HAW!!!!!!!!
Oh hell yes. It's wonderful.

And on that note, the website is back up. Just server glitches, it seems.

Dark Forces Mod, Part 2
Old 01-06-2008, 09:52 PM   #867
frendon

Wow, I thought I would check this today and what a surprise, the 6 level mod has been released, I'm downloading it right now, thanks a lot DF Mod team. Darth_Linux I just realized we joined this forum on the same month 2002?? It has been 6 years... wow time just flies by.

I wish I had a Kryptonite cross, because then you could keep both Dracula AND Superman away.
frendon is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-07-2008, 04:44 AM   #868
NitroTab
Lurker

If You guys at DF2 mod are looking for a new alternitive to freeforumhost you should really think about looking into signing up to this free IPB forum, they are called IPBfree http://ipbfree.com/home/

I used to have a forum with freeforumhost and had similar problems as you but then switched to IPBfree and I have to say it's far better, give them a try.
Old 01-07-2008, 09:59 AM   #869
Darth_Linux

Quote:
Originally Posted by frendon
Wow, I thought I would check this today and what a surprise, the 6 level mod has been released, I'm downloading it right now, thanks a lot DF Mod team. Darth_Linux I just realized we joined this forum on the same month 2002?? It has been 6 years... wow time just flies by.
wow, time does fly!

make sure you read the bug list and delete text.pk3, localized.pk3 and artwork.pk3 files before playing and that will fix a few of the worst things.

we're about done with the patch and then there will be another massive download which fixes everything and includes all the cutscene videos that are presently missing from the beta release.

Producer - The Dark Forces MOD for Jedi Academy
http://darkforces.jediknight.net/
Darth_Linux is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-07-2008, 05:01 PM   #870
razorace
Impressive, Terran!

Quote:
Oh, I totally hate that too! It is probably the worst aspect of modding.

---Jedi Guardian of the Newbie Questions
---Masters of the Force Team Leader / Creator
---Open Jedi Project Lead Moderator / Co-Founder
razorace is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-05-2008, 11:07 PM   #871
Zerimar Nyliram

Forum Veteran 
Just checking in to see how things are going with the Jedi Knight team. Um, are they going at all? I'm so enthused about this mod so I'd better not see you guys quit!

Any progress getting the new forums up yet?

Quote:
Old 02-05-2008, 11:39 PM   #872
jedispy

Last I heard DF2MOD is still going, but they're drifting in the game mod doldrums. I imagine that if there are any extra mappers & modelers they should ask if they can join them. We mod teams need all the help we can get!!

Old 02-06-2008, 04:28 PM   #873
Pahricida

funny thing no ones asking us for help. o.O

Pahricida is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-07-2008, 03:44 PM   #874
hhunter6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pahricida
funny thing no ones asking us for help. o.O
well some one needs to bridge the gap or take the first step. can't all sit around waiting.
Old 02-07-2008, 11:36 PM   #875
DarkStarMojo

Quote:
well some one needs to bridge the gap or take the first step. can't all sit around waiting.
Well, I just finished up DFMOD and I've been quietly working on some DF stuff that's looking really good. Unfortunately, I just bought and installed Republic Commando and something on the DVD seems to have screwed up my combo DVD-RW/CD-RW driver's ability to read CDs. So I have to sort that out before I can do any substantial modding since I won't be able to check my work after running a compile.

Here's a link to the thread I posted in the RC forums asking for help.

http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=186083

If anybody here has encountered a similar issue, I'd love any advice you can offer. This is a priority for me to take care of naturally.

Dark Forces Mod, Part 2
Old 02-08-2008, 10:36 AM   #876
Forceboat

Boy, am I glad to hear I wasn't the only one with problems with that freaking game! Among other things, on my machine it was asking about a particular pixel shader. I wish I hadn't ever bought that blasted game. It was more trouble than it was worth.
Forceboat is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-08-2008, 10:44 AM   #877
Zerimar Nyliram

Forum Veteran 
Hmm. I never had any problems with it. Lucky me, I guess.

Quote:
Old 02-08-2008, 03:52 PM   #878
jedispy

Same. The only issue I have with RC is that I run Windows Vista, so the graphics need to be dumbed down hella.

Stupid Vista.

Old 02-10-2008, 04:57 PM   #879
DarkStarMojo

Quote:
Same. The only issue I have with RC is that I run Windows Vista, so the graphics need to be dumbed down hella.

Stupid Vista.
I'm running it on XP and the graphics are nothing mind-blowing even with all the features, bells and whistles maxed out.

Anyway, I haven't fixed the drive, though I suspect it's a problem with the drivers. I tried updating them but so far no luck. I may have to uninstall them completely and then do a clean reinstall which I don't have the time for right now. The good news, though, is that I bought an external DVD-RW drive so I'm back in business.

Dark Forces Mod, Part 2
Old 03-08-2008, 01:15 PM   #880
kessno11
Rookie

Current Game: Star Wars: KotOR
How's the mapping coming? I don't know if you remember me, but I was around here a long time ago...I'd offer to help, but I'm kind of rusty with mapping, I don't do too much nowadays.

kessno11 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > JediKnight Series > Community > Hosted Forums > Dark Forces Mod > Dark Forces 2 Mod