lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Vampire Role Play Proposal
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 04-17-2004, 03:01 PM   #41
Kuuki
ZOMG It's Kookee!

Hot Topic Starter 10 year veteran! LF Jester Contest winner - LucasCast 
Quote:
Originally posted by Redwing
You know, so threads don't fall off the front page if inactive...
I know what it means, i was asking weither or not if you would

Kuuki is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-17-2004, 03:52 PM   #42
Darth NeoVenom
Fallen Jedi Master

NeoVenom has two blades that comes out of his trench coat. (Kinda like Lucian's single blade.)

"At last we will reveal ourselves to the Jedi. At last we will have revenge." - Darth Maul
Darth NeoVenom is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-17-2004, 04:39 PM   #43
Deac
Now in 4-D!

Hot Topic Starter Roleplayer 
Need to post character stuff:

Neo-Templars:
Leader: Helios, rumoured to be half angel.
Lead Members:
Dyson, the templars "nerd". Handles computer research and technology for the templars
Father Aaron, the chief religious leader in the Templars
Leah, the demonoligst and vampire expert.
Redford, the muscle. 'Nuff said.

The Templars are fianced through the business of the museum above their base and a large stipend from the Vatican.

Deac: Purveyor of Fine Quality Postage Since 2001
Deac is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-18-2004, 03:47 AM   #44
Mandalorian54
Journeyman Protector

Current Game: FFT (PS1 Version)
Cool stuff Deac *thumb up*

Edit: Ya Scar, there were somewhere close to fifty sent messages which I've now deleted, I guess that's why it was full eh?

Edit again:

Vampires will NOT in this serese be vulnerable to Garlic, Steaks, or crusifixes. There simply is no reason to other than tradition. And I hold no value to tradition for tradition's sake alone.

Werewolves are allergic to silver. I noticed Neovenom made a comment about it burning his hand, well, it won't hurt you to just touch silver, but when silver gets into a wound it's like amplified hydrogen paroxide.

Basically, none of the supersticous stuff. And this doesn't just happen in Underworld but also in, White Wolf's Vampire: the Masquerade. I haven't been usuing that as a sorce, but it's another universe where vampires are not effected by the supersticous traditional tales of vampires.

And I prefer focusing on just battling it out with powerful warriors as aposed to vampire hunters running around steaking everything in sight.

I suppose you could make Vampires allergic to wood and garlic or whatever, but then vampires would have three weaknesses and werewolves would only have silver.

So I think sunlight is enough. But the whole steak thing...I know almost all vampire stories use that but it's something that I've never really liked. I also prefer having vampires more or less normal people with imortality rather than monsters or deamons.

If there's any more questions, concerns, or objections, feel free to speak up.

And I think Neovenom mentioned that a werewolf biting a vampire is leathal. But the only incedent where that arose in underworld was concerning a new werewolf still in the transitional stage. And if you look at it from a more scientific sense, the two venoms, or whatever, entering the blood system at or near the same time could understandably overwhelm the system and kill someone, but after they have fully become a vampire or werewolf their vampire or werewolf genes could have developed enough to repel the other easily.

So I don't think if a vampire or werewolf got bit it would have any effect.

Anyway, you can't really make any matter of fact assesments because it's science fiction. So it just has to be decided by the creator. And since I created it...I will go with after they've developed one they build a resistance to the other.

Last edited by Mandalorian54; 04-19-2004 at 01:14 AM.
Mandalorian54 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-19-2004, 06:16 PM   #45
Kuuki
ZOMG It's Kookee!

I can still understand that you dont want the garlic, nor the holy water

but a stake through the heart?

okay if you want your vampires to be more or less then normal people 'infected' like a virus, rather a demonic change

then a stake should kill just as well as a bullet to your vampires

how you put your logic

Old 04-19-2004, 06:40 PM   #46
Darth NeoVenom
Fallen Jedi Master

I kinda figure out the part of being bitten, so ignore what I said. When I said that, "NeoVenom's hand burned.", in Underworld a Lycan took out a bullet with his bare hands and it burned him, so that'z why I said it. Lucian, being the leader of the Lycan, took out several bullets out by thinking (or so I think). I think when a Lycan is in their Werewolf form, they can sustain a couple of damages cuz they get stronger. Raze had four stars in his chest when he was a werewolf.

I thought this rpg was based off Underworld, so I did things that could be done in that movie, except for the sniffing and non-scented gernades. I never saw a vampire sniff before, but since it is your rpg, what you say goes.

"At last we will reveal ourselves to the Jedi. At last we will have revenge." - Darth Maul
Old 04-19-2004, 07:03 PM   #47
Redwing
thedeadlymoose

10 year veteran! LFN Staff Member Forum Veteran LF Jester 
Uh...what does immortality mean for these vampires, anyhow? Other benefits besides eliminating death by aging?

Haven't seen Underworld in a while, and don't know anything about White Wolf, so I'm a bit fuzzy. I seem to recall that vampires couldn't really be injured except by ultraviolet radiation (or dismemberment ).

Werewolves seem to have the same thing except replace "ultraviolet radiation" with "silver".

Wouldn't that determine whether or not a stake would work?

Edit: Regarding the argument about Deac's last post:

Actually Mandy, what Deac was talking about isn't a vampire, it's a D&D-style demon (an extraplanar creature that's inherently evil, not a Biblical fallen angel)

[This I know from recently being forced to read the D&D monster manual -among other things-, as my best friend has dragged me kicking and screaming into the world of "gaming". *throws dice at you all*]

So this would be an issue of whether you want to allow creatures from alternate planes of reality [or of that extreme] in this RPG universe, I guess.

Redwing is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-19-2004, 07:23 PM   #48
Kuuki
ZOMG It's Kookee!

but also who says that the vampires in underworld aren't varnable to such typical rules?

jsut becuase its based in a modern time, doesnt mean that the typical rules still dont imply, the whole bullet thing could have been done jsut to make things easier

Old 04-19-2004, 07:36 PM   #49
Mandalorian54
Journeyman Protector

Okay, I see theres alot of confusion because of all the different variations of vampire and monster/demon stories.

No there are not going to be any creatures from alternate plains as you put it. There are different races of monster/creature/people. But nothing supernatural.

I know what your thinking, Vampires=supernatural.

Well that's what's so different about underworld from other vampire stories. Underworld is the only vampire story where vampires are not supernatural. And that's what I love about it.

I have never like the whole Idea of Dracula and other vampires, but underworld made vampires so much more interesting to me.

Basically, Vampires are another race, another creature. Another kind of person.

This applies not only for Vampires but for whatever races you can conjure up.

Vampires are creatures who, when they bite people, change people into them because their genetic structures are so similar. Basically a bite injects a "virus" into a person which changes them into a vampire.

Vampires are much stronger than humans, but humans turned to vampires do not recieve the full strength, only an enhanced strenght. The same goes for all the physical elements, endurance, speed, reaction time, etc... And Vampires do not age.

Their body does not deteriorate like ours, but maintains itself and heals itself. Humans turned simply stop aging while pure vampires mature into adults but never age.

It's not based on Underworld, but Underworld is my main source of inspiration.

What I've taken from Underworld is simply the lack of superstition and I've converted other elements and the atmosphere of the movie.

Watching Underworld would be the best way to familiarize yourself with the environment.

And the same goes with every race. You're creatures with powers, skills, abuilities, and weaknesses. Weaknesses like, sunlight, or silver, are one thing, but being stabbed in the heart with a steak? If it was just being weak to wood and stabbing you with wood hurt you...but specifically in the heart? I've just never liked it, I've always thought it was lame. In white wolf they say that the whole steaks, crucifixes, and garlic, is just a myth. And I think that's a good aproach.

It's just the whole doing something in a certain place, or at a certain time, that supernatural element makes no sense to me.

Anyway I hope that clears everything up. I should have been more specific from the begining but to be honest I only really figured my thoughts into words just now.

Anymore questions, just keep them coming.

Old 04-19-2004, 07:50 PM   #50
Kuuki
ZOMG It's Kookee!

well i know as hell if i get stabbed in the heart, espceally something with a sharp point, and not to mention that It'll pretty much be wel in there

I'm not going ot live very long

and it doesnt really imply to wooden material

but still i dont get how could underworld didnt have vampires as supernatural beings

just by vicktor's and the other two(?) vampires who sleep for X amount of years (not important), but looked pretty damn decayed

virus' dont let someone decay for blood to restore them.

Old 04-19-2004, 08:08 PM   #51
Darth NeoVenom
Fallen Jedi Master

I just remember that Selene says to Michael in Underworld, "No mortal can be bitten by both races..." something like that. Underworld is a good movie, they make Werewolves and Vampires look cool. I think if a vampire loses all of his/her blood, they die.

On another note, Viktor looked old because he was like 1000+ years old. I guess when like 5 centuries pass by, Vampires begin to age. LoL.

Old 04-19-2004, 09:06 PM   #52
Mandalorian54
Journeyman Protector

I never said vampires could survive getting stabbed in the heart with a steak

If their organs get trashed regeneration is impossible. And a virus element is only usued to transform them, I think I said someting earlier about the vampirism being a virus, but forget that. Vampires are just totally different creatures from humans. And a virus is used to transform people into vampires. But the vampirism itself is not a virus.

And Victor just went into like hybernation or whatever. He went into a dormant stage where he was alive but suspended. Nothing supernatural about it. And feeding his suspended body, re-animated it.

well I'm enjoying this discussion, it's helping us all narrow down on what we're acctually writing about. So to further understand what your writing about just keep them questions coming.

Old 04-20-2004, 03:27 AM   #53
Redwing
thedeadlymoose

Well if we're carrying on this way, then I'll go ahead and probe!

If vampirism isn't a virus...and vampires just...exist...why do they look so much like humans, and how does a virus turn humans into vampires?

Old 04-20-2004, 05:12 AM   #54
Mandalorian54
Journeyman Protector

Haha, probe away. But truth be told I didn't sit down and plot it all out. Vampires don't acctually exist so niether does a meathod, but you can look at it from the way that in Resident evil the T-virus turns people into Zombies. Except in this they regenerate and are intelligent.

They look like humans because their creater chose them too. After all, why do humans look like humans? Because that's the way their creator chose.

And if you belive in evolution you could say Vampires evolved...but I'm going to stop right there, I'm not going to get into that so lets not even go there.

Is that acceptable though?

Old 04-22-2004, 03:41 AM   #55
Kuuki
ZOMG It's Kookee!

obviously i didnt mean like *Stab in heart, POOF vampire = ash*

I ment like usualy a stake in the heart is a mortal wound to a vampire

where stake can be anything from wooden to steel

anywho, isn't it more like if the main part of the vampire's circulatory system is damaged pretty bad (IE a gaping hole or an object passing through the heart), then regeneration is harder, in which the vampire bleeds to death

Old 04-22-2004, 08:04 PM   #56
Deac
Now in 4-D!

Right, so how are vampires meant to die without being in direct sunlight? Am I to understand that in the dark they are entirley invincible? Is so, why then is the human race still around without them all being turned or farmed for their blood?

Old 04-24-2004, 06:36 AM   #57
Mandalorian54
Journeyman Protector

haha, woah woah I thought I said like in Underworld when he says "they've simply penetrated his organs, regeneration is impossible at this point." That if you seriously damage their organs they can't regenerate, and if you chopped off their head or chopped their body in half naturally they'dd die.

Basically, anything that would be considered a mortal wound to a human, a vampire might barely survive. Anything that would kill a human instantly....like getting a huge whole blown out of his chest by a shotgun from point blank range...would be a mortal wound to a vampire. And anything extreme like getting his head chopped off, would be an instant death.

This should be obvious by the number of vampires of mine that have died. Like being blown up by a grenade, or a claymore frog?

------------

Now, Tepe, I'm a little curious about your apparently invisible lizards.

You said they were cameleons that they could change the color of their skin, not that they could go invisible. Can they only change the color of thier skin? Or can they make it so their skin reflects what's behind it so that it apears to not even be there and when it moves it's skin changes to match it's background? Or does it just change to another color?

And can they change the color of their clothes? Or are they naked? As in no body armor either?

Old 04-24-2004, 08:02 AM   #58
Black Knight of Keno
Darth Tepe of today

Roleplayer 
I meant with the chameleon thing, that their skin can go to a colour and design of a brick wall. If you look closer, you can see the eyes. you can allso see the figure of the vest's and jacket's because they havn't invented yet those kinds of vests that could change all over like the chameleon blooded lizardmen. So you CAN see them if you have VERY good eyes that many don't have. Especially from humans

"Our posturings, our imagined self-importance,
the delusion that we have some privileged position in the universe,
are challenged by this point of pale light.
Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark.
In our obscurity in all this vastness there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves.
"

- Carl Sagan
Black Knight of Keno is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-24-2004, 09:09 AM   #59
Mandalorian54
Journeyman Protector

Well, it doesn't seem to me that it would be possible for you to sneak up and kill two vampires like that without being seen. Even if you change the color of your skin, whatever weapon you took out would be seen, and whatever clothes they were wearing would be seen, even if the lizardmen themselves were not seen...wouldn't they?

Old 04-24-2004, 03:48 PM   #60
Black Knight of Keno
Darth Tepe of today

Roleplayer 
Yeah, but if I remember correctly, they had only vest's... I think... If not, I'll change my post in the roleplay...

In our obscurity in all this vastness there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves.
"

- Carl Sagan
Old 04-25-2004, 04:20 PM   #61
Deac
Now in 4-D!

The Bazetuu is actually the name of a D'n'D demon clan. So, basically, here's how the demon works out:

Height: Approx 2metres
Appearance: Naturally, red humanoids with bat-like wings. Can shapeshift human form, though not brilliant at it.
Pros: Able to fly in demonic form, very powerful melee claws
Cons: Exceedingly weak to silver. Takes a day to be able to travel through the planes.

Old 05-01-2004, 10:06 PM   #62
Mandalorian54
Journeyman Protector

hmm...I don't know what you mean by planes. I was thinking of how dracula would vanish and apear behind you type of thing. Which seemed...well it didn't seem to fit. But what your talking about doesn't seem so bad.

Anyway Okay we all need to talk about something...er type.

This story has a purpose, it has a path, and it has an end. No one has to loose the war at the end of this story, but only one person can win this battle. Personally I don't intend to win. I don't intend to win the battle, and I don't intend to win the war, I just intend to have a more complicated role than simply the battle and the war. Basically, I'm focusing more on my individual character's turn outs rather than the victory or loss of my faction. And that's what everyone needs to do.

It's not about our factions' winings or loosings, it's about our characters' experiences in the war.

So, everyone needs to predetermine to a certain point (Only you can determine that for yourselves) what's going to happen to your characters, or what you want to happen to your characters. And you need to think of it from both perspectives, weathor your faction wins or looses.

Everyone's going to loose some battles at least. But that doesn't determine how much fun your going to have.

So rather than just posting blindly as you may or may not be doing, think of a goal and let that guide you. What is your faction doing and why? As the matrix puts it, "Know thyself."

That being said I don't want everyone to post what their plans are, just try and get a mental focus of your goal.

Everyone needs to think about what they want to do in the story, how they want to end up. What state they want their characters to be in, and what they want to accomplish. As aposed to running around gunning everything. Because if you do that, the only thing your going to shoot is the story.

I'm not saying this because anyone has been doing anything they shouldn't. Weather they have or haven't or what anyone has done, is not my aim or point or even a concern at all. What I'm trying to do is simply help everyone put some real purpose and meaning into the story and improve every aspect of it. Sometimes I find myself gunning thins blindly and loosing site of the story. And it's hard to not do that when everyone else is doing that. Not saying everyone else is doing that in this story but it's happens all the time in other stories.

Okay, so basically, just think of a purpose for your clan. Think of weare you want to end up. Think of what your going to do in either situation of loosing or wining. Think of each character's individual role. And focus on fulfiling your purpose.

When the dust has settled in the fight over York, the story will end and everyone can post thier aftermath or whatever. Then the next one will start in a different thread.

I'm bringing this up because something about the story seems to be slipping. Not that there was much there before. And I really just want to put some spirit and life in the story that'll make us remember it three years down the road. If the serese has ended by then...mabee five years downt the road.

And I don't want to be the only one sustaining the story as I found myself doing in the Matrix story we had. (the successful one that acctually finished that is.)

Old 05-01-2004, 10:49 PM   #63
jokemaster
The master of jokes

Roleplayer 
I don't care wether my side wins or loses, as long as some of my main characters survive. What I'm interested in is how alliances and stuff like that end in this chapter.

And summarizing what Mandy said: Don't turn it into a Deathmatch game description.

Vader's wife was very pregnant when she died 19 years ago. All of a sudden a 19 year old who is very strong in the force and has a distinct resembalance to him in his younger days rolls in from Vader's home planet with his old Master Obi-Wan (Who was the ONLY other person preset at the time his wife died. And to boot, the kid's last name is Skywalker.

So in answer to your question, he knew Luke was his son because his name is Darth Vader, and not Darth Retard.

-Forum post on why Vader knew Luke was his son.
jokemaster is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-02-2004, 01:11 PM   #64
Deac
Now in 4-D!

Ok. I agree. We need somekind of end point acceptable for everyone. Ideas?

Old 05-02-2004, 05:36 PM   #65
jokemaster
The master of jokes

Roleplayer 
When everyone knows about other factions and people have enough time to make alliances/truces/whatever with each other? Dunno.

Vader's wife was very pregnant when she died 19 years ago. All of a sudden a 19 year old who is very strong in the force and has a distinct resembalance to him in his younger days rolls in from Vader's home planet with his old Master Obi-Wan (Who was the ONLY other person preset at the time his wife died. And to boot, the kid's last name is Skywalker.

So in answer to your question, he knew Luke was his son because his name is Darth Vader, and not Darth Retard.

Old 05-02-2004, 06:17 PM   #66
Mandalorian54
Journeyman Protector

I didn't mean pre-determine an end.

This is a story about a war, but that doesn't mean it has to be all battle.

I just want everyone to take no combatant steps towards story developement.

Example: Interfaction relationships that result in expulsion or execution.

As far as alliances, if two factions ally and join and together they win, that's fine, those two factions will be at the top of the ladder in the next game basically. But in the next game there could be new leaders and the treaties could break.

I think I'dd like to do an experiment.

Like have everyone think of one element to throw into the plot. It can be something simple, and everyone will work together on fullfilling each other's plots.

Okay I'll start:

Miryia goes to search for Tais, she finds him but they both get captured. In their capture they fall in love. Sain, who is affectionately attached to Miryia from the begining rescues them but when she no longer loves him he starts acting strange. Sain gradually begins to hate his faction, then Sain decides to help another faction overthrow the Red Shadows. The Red Shadow Faction is defeated and their stronghold on the city lost. Tais and Miryia, along with all the surviving Red Shadow members, join with the Glorious Shadow faction.

-------------------

Your's don't have to be as complicated as mine, but they can be more complicated if you like.

That basically is where I'll be at the end of the story, ready for the next one.

If you have an Idea and would like help on tuneing it then just ask, I will be more than willing to help and others may be too.

Old 05-02-2004, 07:00 PM   #67
jokemaster
The master of jokes

Roleplayer 
My basic goal is this:
The Glorious Shadow team attacking the humans can either be defeated or win, but either one will result with a prisoner being taken.

Some of the Glorious Shadows decides to go along with Miryia, but get wiped out. The Glorious Shadows decide to help Sain in his search for Miryia. Some of them notice the difference in Sain and report it in. The Glorious Shadows wisely decide to stay away from him. From there they decide to ally themselves with Miryia over Sain.

Old 05-02-2004, 09:14 PM   #68
Redwing
thedeadlymoose

Heh. I already have an Intended Plot Element - I always do when I join an RPG with more than one character. However, it isn't the type that I want to post, or that I want/need help fulfilling in-RPG...so I shall have to think of another

On a side topic...from the way things move in the RPG, I almost think we need some kind of in-game clock, or at least have people put the time of day/night in their posts.

For example, instead of "Dark Shadow Headquarters" it would be "Dark Shadow Headquarters, 10 PM".

What does everyone think about that? Like it, or think it's making things too complicated?

Old 05-03-2004, 03:24 AM   #69
Black Knight of Keno
Darth Tepe of today

Roleplayer 
Ok, Spoilers on my story coming up:

after the Vampire's rejected the offer of a peace treaty, the bond with the werewolfs becomes even better. the 30 spies up in the city start to kill many human's in bus crashes, sniper attacks or bombing's at local markets or something. Their new goal is to get rid of the humankind. In the mean time underground, Asshakar has to face a group of rebel lizardmen, trying to overthrown him and get the power of the nest.

If they succeed taking over: The bonds to the werewolfs are breaken and the lizardmen warriors are more heavily armed to kill everyone they see, either it's human, vampire or werewolf. So the lizardmen will get defeated in the city and the survivors flee into the forests out of the city.

If they don't succeed: Asshakar passes the throne to his son, Taker, and leaves the nest like his father did. After Asshakar had left, Taker started to dictate the lizardmen that forced the warriors up in the town to disappear into the night and form an alliance with the werewolfs again as Taker had broken the alliance with them. Asshakar hears about the dictatorship in the nest and goes to rule the group of the 30 lizardmen. He get's the throne back after he broke throught the gates with the werewolfs. His 20 most loyal men in the nest started to fight with him and so they get into the palace and defeat Taker. They rebuild the nest with or without the werewolf's help and make an embassy near the palace where they would have their meetings with other races. In the first part of the embassy is the werewolf's area. They start sending spies out of the city and build another base somewhere underground so they would then build tunels to the main nest. In the same times as the spies leave, the 50 now very loyal men to Asshakar splits to three teams. Royal guards that have 25 lizardmen, bodygyards that have 5 and the political escort team that have 10 lizardmen.
The political escort team(PET) escorts Asshakar to Miryia and the Glorious shadow faction. They try to make an alliance for the future's sake and try allso to make the vampires make peace with the werewolfs.

"

- Carl Sagan
Old 05-04-2004, 12:21 AM   #70
Mandalorian54
Journeyman Protector

hmm...okay this isn't what I really wanted. I don't want everyone to predetermine what they're gonna do. I just want everyone to make goals.

My own was a bit more predeterminative than it should have been.

Let me revise mine and then you can follow.

-------------------

Goals:
1) A love relationship between Miryia and Tais which results in the Jelous Sain becoming chaotic.

2) The deterioration of the Red Shadow faction. Sain's attempt to sieze control and overthrow Tathar.

3) Miryia and Tais creating a new faction.

-------------------

Okay basically, forget whatever you just typed.

None of that step by step, this'll happen then this'll happen. I didn't want everyone sumerizing the whole story in a single post I just want everyone to make an aim to reach.

There was obviously some confusion, so just forget all that. Make at least one point to aim for. Nothing that reaches a conclusion.

Think of it as a journey. Your going somewhere, you know where your going, but you've no Idea what you'll meet on the path. Where are you going?

Okay, let's try it again.

on another note, a time system would be good, I was acctually thinking of it myself. And something like a three paragraph minimum post, and that you have to post once every other day, or give a reason for not being able to post for longer than two days.

The reason for this is to structre the story and filter out the chaotic confusion and people's getting left behind or the story being stalled because one player can't post or istn't posting.

I'm just tryint to think of a time system. Like every day could be half an hour...and if you don't need to do anything, like your sleeping, you just post -pass- or -bump- or something. hmm...

thoughts?

Old 05-04-2004, 07:46 AM   #71
Black Knight of Keno
Darth Tepe of today

Roleplayer 
1) Asshakar sends tens of his lizardmen warriors to attack the Vampire's

2) The lizardmen's nest are breached and they scatter around the city, searching for Asshakar that left the nest in the middle of the battle with 4 of his men.

"

- Carl Sagan
Old 05-04-2004, 11:23 AM   #72
jokemaster
The master of jokes

Roleplayer 
I'm going on a trip tomorrow, so I'm not gonna be able to post until Sunday or some day like that.

Goals:
1. Stage a rescue attempt for Miryia, the glorious shadows vampires who went with her, and whoever else who may be captured
2. Forming an alliance with either Miryia or Sain.

The time thing is a good idea, but it'd be a little hard to calculate by how much it takes to do something. Hmmm
*begins thinking of the TV show 24*

Old 05-04-2004, 11:53 AM   #73
Darth NeoVenom
Fallen Jedi Master

Here are the goals for the Lycans (Shadow Hunters)

1. To end the war peacefully or violently.

2. Avenge the death of the fellow Lycan that has fallen. (mentioned in the beginning of the story)

3. Obtain members from other races and co-exists with them.

Old 05-04-2004, 01:38 PM   #74
Deac
Now in 4-D!

The Goals for The Neo-Templars:

1] To destroy any major threats to humanity

OR

2]Enter a settlement which creates some kind of peace.

Old 05-15-2004, 08:45 AM   #75
Darth NeoVenom
Fallen Jedi Master

New Faction

Race: Vampires
Faction: Night Stalkers
Concentration: Quality
Goal: Vengence and Justice
Idea: In somday to put an end of conflicts between Vampires and Lycans and live peacefully amongst each other..
Pros: They can drop of from high places and land softly. They have improved strength. They can turn humans with one bite.
Cons: Sunlight is deadly to them.
HQ: The Assembly (for now)
Technology: High Impact bullets (meaning that when the bullets are fired upon someone, the bullets inflicts a lot of damage).
Equipments: Glock-18, throwing daggers, and MP5. Glock-18 can either be set to shoot in single shots or in bursts.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Members:
Leader: Arcon ***
Second in command: Sabrina ***
Shadow (**)
Zaphire (**)
Max (X)
Lucas (X)

Faction's Goal:

1. To end the war peacefully or violently.

2. To end the conflicts between Vampires and Lycans.

Old 05-16-2004, 01:20 AM   #76
Hiroki
Monarchist asswipe

(( Is it too late to join this story? ))
Hiroki is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-17-2004, 12:17 PM   #77
Captain Wilson
Mulleted Muppet

Im guessing its late to join part 1. Tis it okay if i memander in part 2.

Captain Wilson is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-17-2004, 02:57 PM   #78
Deac
Now in 4-D!

As I've made Helios half Angel I'll post species stats here.

Half angels are essentially anti vampires. They have the power to heal other people at the cost of their own health.
Pro: Their blood contains a compund that is so toxic to vampires it will instantly kill them
Con: Vampire saliva contains a compound that is poisonous to them, so being bitten will instantly kill both the vampire and the half-angel.

Sound ok?

Old 05-18-2004, 02:09 AM   #79
Mandalorian54
Journeyman Protector

Hiroki, and Captain Wilson, it's not too late to join. Ya the stories been going on for a while but not much in game time has acctually past. Infact, not even a whole day. Just fill out the profile in the first post.

Deac, your half angel's all good.

On another note, I'm wondering if Scar is going to continue. He hasn't posted so I duno if he's away or what but he's got some of my people captured so I'm relying on him. His lack of posting will delay the story. So Scar if your not going to or not continue please let me know by posting.

Old 05-18-2004, 06:53 PM   #80
Hiroki
Monarchist asswipe

Acurade species

Race: Acurade
Faction: Acurade Hive
Concentration: Quantity
Goal: Power, expansion, glory for the hive.
Pros: ( And prepare for a read. ) WORKER: Strength equell to that of a human. Rarely seen outside of the hive. Can fight, but not any better than a human could be expected too. One advantage is there ant-like mouths, which are capable of biting through a solid block of bronze.
SOLDIER: Increased physical strength, though less than even a turned Vampire. Sharp ant-like mouths, capable of biting through solid iron. Claws capable of shreading enemies easily. Hardened carpases, letting them take up to three direct bullet shots to anywhere but the head. Able to stick and crawl on nearly any surface, setting up perfect ambushes. A 20 foot leap, making them capable of getting close to there mostly ranged concentrated foes.
BATTLE SOLDIER: A higher cast of Acurade Soldiers, for heavy combat in dangerous areas. Have enhanced physical strength equell to that of a turned Vampire. Sharp Ant-like mouths, capable of biting through steel, though somewhat stronger than a soldiers bite. Fly-like wings that allow them sustained flight. Able to stick and crawl on nearly any surface, same as the soldiers. Claws that can shread even a transformed Lycan, if given the chance. Hardened Carpases, even more so than the soldiers. Only a direct head shot can quickly end a battle soldiers life, or perhaps an automatic weapon... A 20 foot leap, same as the soldiers. They have a limited free will, making them capable of adapting to there situation. (( You won't see these guys till later, as they are for threats the hive considers serious. ))

ELITE WARRIORS: A rare cast of soldiers, rarely ever called apon. Despite the hives Quantity over quality concentration, these highly trained soldiers are a rare sight, only a few being born every decade. Enhanced Physical Strength equell to that of a pure blood Vampire, Sharp ant-like mouths, capable of biting through steel like a knife through hot butter. Fly-like wings capable of rapid sustained flight. Able to stick and crawl on nearly any surface. Same 20 foot leap as the others. Extreamly durable carpases, able to shrug off small arms fire, even to the head. White acid-like vomit ( think of 'The Fly' movies ) capable of eating away flesh in seconds. Claws that can rip through virtually anything, given the chance. Screeching voices, able to rupture the hearing of humans, and cause migrains for Vampires, Lycan, and there ilk.
They are full individuals, as much as any Human, Vampire, or Lycan. They can make complexed choices for themselves, and think on there own, however, they are Loyal to the Hive, so despite this, the chance of them turning is slim to none. (( Yeah, they are bad ass. But I promise, I mean it when I say they are rare. The Hive only deploys them if it feels that it is under the threat of destruction. ))

ROYAL ACURADE: Only three of this extreamly rare cast currently exist. Waiting to take the throne when the current Hive Mind expires. Every capability of the Elite Warrior, though some have been enhanced, the following being: Physical strength equell to that of a transformed Lycan. Sharp ant-like mouths which can even shread through Titanium. Claws which could tear apart a Lycan in a second. Extreamly hardened carpases which can sustain multiple hits from even high powered bullets. One unique capability is that they can control other Acurade, though there abilities have not grown to the level of the Hive Mind. ( These are extreamly powerful, but there are only three of them in the entire world. Also, it is very possible that you will never even see them, as they all live very deep in the Hive - which would be a fight like no other getting too - so, I wouldn't worry about these too much. ) These three of course have complete free wills, and of course they are Loyal - they are waiting to become the Hive Mind themselves, after all.

HIVE MIND: ??? The chances are you will only hear of this creature. The Hive Mind lives deep in the Acurade Hive, guarded by the best of the Elite Warrior cast, and by the Royal Acurade themselves. If you are unfortunate enough to meet Augenstein, I have one little bit of advice for you: RUN. As fast as you can.

Cons: Workers/Soldiers: There mind is linked completly with the Hive Mind. They can not think, make choices, decisions, or act on there own. Without the hive mind they are practicaly vegetables. Though this insures complete and utter loyalty, they also are unable to quickly adapt to a change in tactical situations.

Battle Soldiers: Though they have limited free will, it is not like a Human or other sentient beings. Though they are capable of adapting to there situation, without the Hive Mind they would be confused and as innocent as infants. Deadly Infants, but infants none the less.

Elite Soldiers: Though they are extreamly formidable warriors, there free will works againts them sometimes. They think of themselves as above the lower Acurade, of more value. And there Arrogancy twords other species is there biggest flaw. They taunt, and mock as they fight, rarely going all out. This has proven to be the downfall of several Elites.

All Acurade: They have no ranged weapons, other than the Elite+'s acid vomit. But even that lacks the range of a gun. They rely on other beings to feed there young. They capture, or kill them, and then take them back to the hive, where the newly born larva feast on them to grow. Without doing this, they would eventually starve.

Also, Acurade have a lack of information on there enemies layout. And because of there constant chittering, and clacking, they do not make good spys...

Ideas: The Hive is ruled by the Hive Mind, and the Hive Mind says that we must expand. So we must expand. Our creators...the Humans only invisioned us as tools to be used by them. A weapon to defete there enemies. But it is they who are our tool...our tool to feed our young, our tool to use as slaves. We desire nothing more than to rule this single, small world. But to do this, we must subdue our former Masters, and all of there ilk. Only one species can rule, and it shall be the Acurade.

HQ: The center of the Great Hive which expands below the surface of the entire Earth. The center of the Hive, where the Hive Mind lays, is deep under the earth, directly below the equator.

Territory: The Hive, which expand throught the Earths crust. They have decided to begain there assault quitely, by taking the city of York, a practical breeding ground for some of the Earths most deadly species...but also seporated from the Human Empires, which dominate the Earth. This way, they hope to weaken them before they realise that they are even there.

Technolagy: Biotech. The workers create the hives that they live in using a natural secreation. They do not need communicaters, or the like, as what one Acurade sees, they all see. What one hears, they all hear. What one smells they all smell...they have a much better way of communicating, you could say. They have no weapons specificly deadly to any one race. There natural weapons are decent againts any species, after all.

Equipment: In general the soldiers only carry what they where born with. Some of the higher ranking casts may on ocasion carry bio-spears.

Members

Augenstein: Hive mind: Leader : ***
Hazurad: Royal Acurade and first in line Hive mind : ***
Nakatsu: Royal Acurade and second in line Hive mind: ***
Taskuran: Royal Acurade and thired in line Hive Mind: ***
( Yes, all Elite Warriors names end in 'Aka'. It is sort of a symbol of there Rank. They are, other than the Royals of course, the only ones who get names. )
Akulaka: Elite Warrior cast commander: **
Sedaka: Elite Warrior: *
Baduaka: Elite Warrior: *
Etaka: Elite Warrior: *
Mitaka: Elite Warrior: *
Kudaka: Elite Warrior: *
Futaka: Elite Warrior: *
Emotaka: Elite Warrior: *
Xedraka: Elite Warrior: *
Amunaka: Elite Warrior: *
Zukata(=P): Elite Warrior: *
Tetaka: Elite Warrior: *
Okata: Elite Warrior: *

Backstory: Ablert Einstein, nearly 50 years ago, created what the world thought was the worst creation mankind could ever imagen. The Atom Bomb. The missile capable of leveling entire cities. The missile that left deadly Radiation in its wake. However, the Japanese where not the first forien Country to know of this weapon. No...there is much more to the story...

APRIL 1940 - the US, and Britain stablishes the Muad commitee to oversee Nuclear Research
SEPTEMBER 1940 - Germany, Italy and Japan sign the Tripartite Pact in Berlin on the 27th. They agree to jointly oppose any country joining the Allies at war - by which they mean the United States
JUNE 1941 - Atomic Bomb - The report on nuclear research by the Maud Committee leads to the setting up of a development programme by Imperial Chemical Industries. Code named 'Tube Alloys', it will oversee both atomic bomb and reactor work.
DECEMBER 1942 - Atomic Bomb - The world's first atomic reactor goes critical at Chicago University. By now problems have arisen over the sharing of the US work with Britain.
JULY 1945 - Atomic Bomb - The world's first A-bomb is successfully exploded at Alamogordo, New Mexico on the 16th July in Operation 'Trinity'.

That is what the public knows of the events, however, Nazi Germeny was no ones fool. A mole had been implanted into the Allies Atomic Bom devision. Transmitting information about the deadly weapon to germany. They where shocked at this news...and in 1943, the Acurade project begain. Germany sought to create a race of soldiers that where imune to the radiation affect...however, there were complications. Though they spliced human and insect DNA together, the insect DNA ate away at its human side, creating a much more insectoid creature. Looking nothing like a human - A head almost ant like, a body covered in a thick carpase, and insect in shape and appearance. It could in no way be past a human. They debated on if the project should continue...and in the end they decided yes.

It lasted till 1952, even though the war was over, they continued to work into the long bitter nights. But they finally decided it was not worth it, by the time they had finally completed there project, the glory of there countries army had been crushed.

They decided it was best if they destroy there research...if they destroy Augenstein, the Acurade they created to rule over the rest. However, there creation had grown sentient itself...it could hear them, its parents, outside of its confines, plotting its destruction. It was confused, it was scaired, it was angry...and it broke free. It, and the workers that had been created to serve it, captured the sciantists, and carried them deep underground. The workers there, begain creating a hive to house there new family. The larva slowly feasting on the sciantists over the many years. The Acurade capturing new humans, and even Vampires and Lycan, to feed on, as there hive grew, Augenstein expanding the hive throughout the earths crust.

To protect this hive, Augenstein used the soldier cast, which had been programmed within its mind by the men who created it. However, Augenstein begain making improvments to the soldiers, first creating Battle Soldiers, a special heavy cast of Acurade, made for especially dangerous areas and the Elite Warrior cast, a deadly strand created to deal with threats that put the Hives very existance at risk. And finally, from Augensteins very own DNA, it created three direct offspring: Hazurad, Nakatsu and Taskuran. For decades the Hive expanded, untill now. Now Augenstein feels that the Hive is ready to strike at the Humans, and there ilk, and finally secure the Hive from its most dangerous of enemies. Once this is done, they will be nothing more than cattle for there young.

There we go. I hope you like it.

Last edited by Hiroki; 05-18-2004 at 08:19 PM.
Hiroki is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > JediKnight Series > Community > Star Wars Roleplaying > Vampire Role Play Proposal