lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: How Convert Costumes files????
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 05-12-2004, 08:11 PM   #1
damien11
Rookie

Question How Convert Costumes files????

I'm working about old scumm games SAM&MAX1, MONKEy2, MONKEY1, Day of the TENTACLE, INDIANA JONES AND THE FATE OF ATLANTIS...

These games are composed with a lot of different files : ROOM, CHAR, COST, RMIM....
ex: The COST files are the costumes files ( 'cause characters are ... costumes)

I know several persons work on Scumm file because a lot of utilities are existing... ScummVm, ScummRevisited, Costume Ripper...

I'm looking for someone who can help me :

i've got a problem about COST FILES. The COST FILES from SAM&MAX (or DOTT) are different than the COST FILES from Monkey2 ... Then, we can't use the COST FILES from SAM&MAX in MONKEY2...

I'm looking for something which can convert the COST FILES format of SAM&MAX to the COST FILES format of MONKEY2.
I don't understant how costumes are working, i just know it use a palete file ( for the colors...) . And palete files are different in MONKEy2 and in SAm&MAX...

So, please, gimme an answer , how i can convert the costumes files !!!!

THANK !

Ps: if you didn't undestant what i said, sorry but i'm french. it's why my english is bad. if you didn't understant, you can mail me to " la-forge@laposte.net ". thank! ;-)
damien11 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-13-2004, 01:33 AM   #2
Scummbuddy

wow buddy. calm down. try the other costume viewers/ rippers. you can download them from my site. http://www.freewebs.com/lucasstyle/downloads.htm

Hey, wow, you double posted. Thats a super cool thing to do on forums.
Scummbuddy is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-19-2004, 05:43 AM   #3
damien11
Rookie

Post than but...

Thank you for your answers!
But i didn't resolve my problems ... I don't understant how pictures are stocked ( are coded) in the scumm files... i know it's file called SMAP but i don't understant how it's working !?

I've seen a lot of sources, but it doesn't help me. I think i need to read the sources of Scumm-Revisited or Costume Viewer ( or Ripper)... But i haven't found it...

Could you help me?

Is someone know how pictures are recorded , coded (images... like backgrounds , costumes...) ?
PLEASE !!!!

My project is working but i miss it !!!!

Ps: if you didn't undestant what i said, sorry but i'm french. it's why my english is bad. if you didn't understant, you can mail me to " la-forge@laposte.net ". thank! ;-)
damien11 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Mixnmojo.com > Community Discussion Forums > SCUMM > How Convert Costumes files????