lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Iran tricked the US into war in iraq?
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 05-27-2004, 07:26 AM   #1
toms
v0.9

Post Iran tricked the US into war in iraq?

The guardian in the UK is reporting that there is an internal investigation in the US into whether the iranian government fed the hawks in washington false information about Iraq's weapons programme in order to get a dangerous neighbour removed.

Full article

In the interests of balance I should point out that the Guardian is a left leaning paper which was fairly anti the war. However they are a well respected broadsheet, and not one of the untrustworthy UK tabloid papers.

Playing: Link to the Past, Astroboy, Kario Kart, Mario World (Micro) KOTOR 2: Sith Lords (Xbox) Morrowind (PC)
toms is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-05-2004, 02:17 PM   #2
ShadowTemplar
Heathen

They probably did feed the US false information. But the penta'gun' didn't need much encouragement. Besides, it's no excuse. The Commies pulled countless maskirovkas during the Cold war, and before them Britan's Operation Double Cross during the war demonstrated the technique. The US should know better than to fall for such a cheap trick.

ShadowTemplar is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-05-2004, 03:00 PM   #3
--ZeeMan--

"fool me once, shame on you
fool me twice, shame on me"

umm...what rhymes with three?

i wouldn't be surprised if it were true

^ Tutorial on this coming soon!
--ZeeMan-- is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > JediKnight Series > Community > Senate Chambers > Iran tricked the US into war in iraq?