lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: The day after tomorrow - RPG
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 06-03-2004, 02:15 PM   #1
Black Knight of Keno
Darth Tepe of today

Roleplayer 
The day after tomorrow - RPG

A huge storm has ravaged the world and you have survived with a group of others. We must now survive and try to get ourselfs into places we can live.
----------------------------------------
Jack looked around in the snowy grounds. He was in a tower in New York with three others. They were tourists. jack suddenly saw another group travelling in the snow. Jack shouted. He was in a broken window only in the third floor. "Hey! You there! What news?!"

"Our posturings, our imagined self-importance,
the delusion that we have some privileged position in the universe,
are challenged by this point of pale light.
Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark.
In our obscurity in all this vastness there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves.
"

- Carl Sagan
Black Knight of Keno is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-03-2004, 04:58 PM   #2
Curt-Man
Swoop?

(i will be the leader of that group, if thats ok)
" i bring no news"trent shouts" we come to seek refuge,you have space up there right?" instead of waiting for an answer he and hsi people walk up to the building and and get inside, then greet jack and the other 2
Curt-Man is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-04-2004, 01:15 PM   #3
LukeKatarn
Gundam Pilot

Jared was walking by "HEY YOU UP THERE." he shouts "ANOTHER SNOW STORM IS COMEING."

Luke Katarn, Colonel of the Lemmonite army.

Clan Commando, join us, and help the Republic! Visit our thread in the Republic Commando forums for more info.

Do you like RPing and have Jedi Academy? Then you should come to JARPing! (Jedi Academy Role Playing) www.freewebs.com/jarping

X-box live gamertag: LukeKatarn
My RPing site: http://voltx.proboards36.com/index.cgi
My aim SN: LukeKatarn
My e-mail: LukeKatarn@yahoo.com
LukeKatarn is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-04-2004, 02:58 PM   #4
Black Knight of Keno
Darth Tepe of today

Roleplayer 
"What? A new storm? But the last one just stopped! Come in, stay here for a moment!"

((I just came from watching the movie. It was amazing, dull, but amazing ))

"Our posturings, our imagined self-importance,
the delusion that we have some privileged position in the universe,
are challenged by this point of pale light.
Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark.
In our obscurity in all this vastness there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves.
"

- Carl Sagan
Black Knight of Keno is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-04-2004, 04:49 PM   #5
Curt-Man
Swoop?

"jeez, when will these stop, never i suppose, ALRIGHT! EVERYONE INSIDE SET UP CAMP AND A DEFENSE AGAISNT THE WINDS!" he yells to his crew" hello, i am Trent Legion of Jacksonville"he says as he offeres a handshake
Old 06-05-2004, 11:42 AM   #6
LukeKatarn
Gundam Pilot

"Thankyou for letting me take refuge here." Jared says "I come from newyork we might have bumped into eachother once or twice." Jared starts to warm himself up "My name is Jared."

Clan Commando, join us, and help the Republic! Visit our thread in the Republic Commando forums for more info.

Do you like RPing and have Jedi Academy? Then you should come to JARPing! (Jedi Academy Role Playing) www.freewebs.com/jarping

Old 06-05-2004, 04:54 PM   #7
Curt-Man
Swoop?

" you over there, set up the tents and you go wiht him, and you 2 set up the barricade, i have a feeling this will be a biggie" he ordered his group " hello, thnak you for lettign em stay here"
Old 06-06-2004, 08:57 AM   #8
LukeKatarn
Gundam Pilot

"The snow storm will be comeing in about 30 minutes."

Old 06-06-2004, 11:02 AM   #9
Curt-Man
Swoop?

"alright, everyoen get somethign to eat, and you 4 be ready to brace the barricade, and the rest get in the tents, i will take a look out" Trent then goes to the window and sits on the sill
Old 06-06-2004, 12:50 PM   #10
LukeKatarn
Gundam Pilot

Jared picks up some bread that he has and he splits it up into REALY TINY pieces and gives it to others the smallest piece was for himself.

Old 06-06-2004, 01:19 PM   #11
Curt-Man
Swoop?

"hmm, very generous you are, take the smallest for yourself, good job, but remember you need as much as food as everyoen else"
Old 06-06-2004, 02:29 PM   #12
LukeKatarn
Gundam Pilot

"It is enough for me." Jared says

Old 06-06-2004, 03:40 PM   #13
Curt-Man
Swoop?

"well, the storm is beginning, EVERYOEN, BRACE THE BARRICADE, GET TO TENTS AND SHELTER, HERE IT COMES!" trent rushes over the to the barricade and jumps over it and braces it
"it begins"
Old 06-06-2004, 04:51 PM   #14
LukeKatarn
Gundam Pilot

(Just tell me what I should do from here because I haven't seen the movie.)

Old 06-06-2004, 05:06 PM   #15
Curt-Man
Swoop?

(neither have i, so,um, BRACE THE BARRICADE!, )
Old 06-06-2004, 05:16 PM   #16
LukeKatarn
Gundam Pilot

Jared rushs to the bericade and starts "Braceing" it.

Old 06-06-2004, 09:28 PM   #17
Curt-Man
Swoop?

(that doesn't sound right)
" thanks for the help, ah crap!, here it comes"
the wind hwols ove rthem and ice pelets and snow and wind all barrage the barricade
" this is a biggie! whoa mama!"
Old 06-06-2004, 10:49 PM   #18
LukeKatarn
Gundam Pilot

(I didn't think about it when I posted it lol) "AHHHHHHHHH." Jared went flying back.

Old 06-07-2004, 01:18 PM   #19
Curt-Man
Swoop?

" damn, someone take care of that man" just as trent said that an ice pellet cam flying throguh the barricade past trents head into one of the groups chests
" ah no!, someone pull that ice pellet out!"
Old 06-07-2004, 03:20 PM   #20
LukeKatarn
Gundam Pilot

A man comes over to help Jared but, Jared said "No no I'm ok."

Old 06-07-2004, 10:47 PM   #21
Curt-Man
Swoop?

The storm starts to ease up and so does eveyroen else
" oh no you don't this is just the eye of th storm in a few minutes it'll eb worse then before!!"
everyoen then tenses and gets ready
Old 06-07-2004, 11:34 PM   #22
LukeKatarn
Gundam Pilot

Jared gets up and gets back to the barricade luckily he was alot of help.

Old 06-19-2004, 04:16 PM   #23
Writer
Not switching to DTV

Current Game: TrackMania Nations
Roleplayer Contest winner - Fan Fiction 
"If this storm is like the others, the eye is the most deadly part," a voice said quietly into Jack's ear. "Don't you remember that from the first one that passed over here? Things were frozen immediately!"

The young woman paused and extended her hand when Jack turned around. "I'm Amy Coblyn."

Mom tells me I need brain food... but if writing ain't that, I don't know what is!

My work in progress:
Hidden Histories: The Galaxy Hacker

Have a read, give a review, yah?
Writer is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-20-2004, 09:50 PM   #24
Curt-Man
Swoop?

" OH MAN! HERE IT COMES" then all you can see is a sheet of ice icing everything as it comes " cover your faces and mouths, turn your back to the ice!"
Old 06-21-2004, 10:22 AM   #25
LukeKatarn
Gundam Pilot

Jared does so but, he goes flying back and injures (Not beaks) his back. He didn't want to call for assistance because everyone else was busy.

Old 06-21-2004, 03:32 PM   #26
Writer
Not switching to DTV

"That's not good enough," Amy said, rasing her voice after what she had said to Jack. There was a small fire going nearby and Amy rushed over to it, grabbing anything she could as she went. After she tossed the things she had grabbed onto the fire, she turned.

"Get over here!" she said quickly. "Here by the fire is the only place we have a chance of surviving."

The fire was roaring now and extremely hot, but Amy was as close to it as she could stand without catching fire. She could hear as the others hurried toward the fire. As she listened to their footsteps approaching the fire, she turned to see what was happening.

The building they were in was freezing instantly. For a second, Amy feared that the fire would not be warm enough, but the freezing process made a large circle around the fire and continued through the building. In fact, she barely felt a difference in temperature.

After about a half hour, the winds picked up again, but the group remained by the fire.

"If that wasn't the last storm, I will be very angry," Amy said. She stood and walked a little ways away from the fire. Then, she turned and looked at all who were around it. "This storm should break soon. When it does, we should get out of here. Move south, like the birds did before the storm."

Mom tells me I need brain food... but if writing ain't that, I don't know what is!

My work in progress:

Old 06-21-2004, 09:35 PM   #27
Curt-Man
Swoop?

Unfortunatly Trent did not make it to the fire in time and was frozen in a thin sheet of ice, then CRACK! he breaks free form it and rushes to the fire
" geez, you were quick wiht that fire amy, if it weren't for you, we'd be dead"
Old 06-21-2004, 09:57 PM   #28
Writer
Not switching to DTV

((I'll let that slip, but the temperature would have been so cold that your blood would have frozen, not just the outside of your body. We'll just say you made it.))

Amy nodded absentmindedly. "What I don't understand is how there could have been another storm. Right before the New York Floods, I heard from a man named Jack Hall that there were three.

"The one that was over Canada grew down on us. The one over Scotland spread out as well, as did the one over Siberia. The entire Northern Hemisphere is now most likely covered in ice. Dr. Hall assured me that there would be no more than these three.

"Once this one has dissipated, we must head south. The temperatures will be well below what we are used to, but they will not be intolerable. The eye has passed us by, so I want all of us to scatter through the building. I noticed that this is, or was an apartment house. There are bound to be clothes. Find all the clothes you can and bring them back to the fire. We'll need to defrost and dry them.

"When the clothes are defrosted and dried, we all need to put them on, not in place of our current clothes, but over top of what we have on now. This will keep us warmer in our journey. Even so, we don't want to be outside at night. We'll have to find shelter each night."

Sighing deeply, Amy went to follow her own advice and search the building for any clothes someone might have left behind.

My work in progress:

Old 06-22-2004, 06:02 PM   #29
LukeKatarn
Gundam Pilot

Jared was lucky enough to get to the fire in time. Jared was allmost unable to move. H needed some rest, that was for sure.

Old 06-22-2004, 07:54 PM   #30
Cercueil
Rookie

Toby Broussard had saved for years to see the "Big Apple." It was now colder than he had ever imagined anything ever to be. well, except for the heart one of his ex's, but Cindy was most likely off on one of her "adventures" as well. with any luck she made it further south...further than the ice.

He had found shelter in an office building, but soon realized that Office buildings werent made to keep in heat nor were they very strong. Nearly frozen to death he found refuge in an abandoned pastry shop. the gas lines were still someone what useable and a series of Propane tanks that found in the basement enabled him to warm himself up. he always liked pastries.

the next day he found what he had been looking for--a sporting goods shop. loading up on a few survival things and some cold weather wear he made teh desicion to head home to Lafayette. whether it was still there or covered in ice he knew he had to try. His plan was simple...walk south-west till he found the Mississippi River; cross it then follow it till he came to Tigerville; then head west. the thoughts of food did concern him, but that was minor in comparison to freezing his butt off in New York.

"aftah t'storm passes Im off. jus t'dam cold." he threw another piece of furniture on the fire he made to keep warm. he had his supplies and the MRI's would last him about two weeks if he ate like a hog, but most of his gear was warm clothes and the best rated sleeping bag he could locate in the store. He knew he could survive in the open, but this cold was something he wasnt used to.
"damn cold." placing another sock over the shotgun he laid it down and closed his eyes.
"tomorrow goin t'be a long day indeed"

........*.*.*.**..**.*.*.*
................*.*.Wooks' Brigands.*.*.
.......................*.*.Brigs Ahazi .*.*
...........................*.*.* *.*.*
Cercueil is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-22-2004, 08:05 PM   #31
Writer
Not switching to DTV

Amy left the fire in search of clothing in the building. She knew the importance of speed, for though it was not cold enough to freeze her instantly, it was still cold enough to slow her down and eventually stop her.

"Why didn't I go to Florida with the rest of my family?" she groaned. Her walk continued an before she knew it, she found herself falling... no, sliding on a hill of snow. There was no way of controlling her descent and she ended up ramming feet first into the side of a building. After rolling over, she stood.

"At least I didn't go head first," she muttered. Then, she turned to attempt a climb back into the window she slid out of.

My work in progress:

Old 06-22-2004, 09:20 PM   #32
Curt-Man
Swoop?

" oh my gosh! there is a lone person over in that building, i'm going to help him, i'll be back!"Trent hops out of the window and runs toward where Toby is and gets in through the window
" get up son! get up or you'll freeze, come wiht me, we have a nice fire and a bunch of people back at the building over there"
Old 06-23-2004, 12:43 AM   #33
Writer
Not switching to DTV

"Trent!" Amy exclaimed, seeing him outside the building they had been in. "What are you doing out here?"

Then she saw the other man and nodded. "Good. It's better we don't have any people on their own."

She shivvered suddenly and turned to hurry back up the snow hil and back into the window. There, she broke into a closet that had been frozen shut and found some clothes. Then, she took all she could carry back to the fire. There, she placed them close enough so they would defrost and dry, but not so close that they would burn.

My work in progress:

Old 06-23-2004, 03:02 PM   #34
Cercueil
Rookie

The man seemed to be in a hurry. waking from his slumber, toby looked couriously at the his visitor.
"im warm as it is. thanks for your concern. come, sit and warm up and we'll head over t'ya buddies." tossing a blanket over to his new frozen visitor.
"are ya hungry? I have a bit left over from my dinner and you are welcome to it. youll have t'heat it up, though" grabing another piece of furniture and placing it in the fire Toby looked up to his visitor.
"so, what brings you to the Big Frozen Apple?"

Old 06-23-2004, 03:40 PM   #35
Curt-Man
Swoop?

" no thanks i'm fine" trent says as he grabs the blanket " i was just passing through and i stoped in a motel wiht frineds and then the storms came and then this happened, and weve been traveling throguh unitl we met some of those people over in that building, here come it will be warmer and safer there, you never know whensoem efter affects will come"
Old 06-23-2004, 04:10 PM   #36
Cercueil
Rookie

"sure, let me put my fire out and collect my supplies. I found a sporting goods shop yesterday and picked up a few things. the store was ransacked, though, but I found a lot of Wool and thermals. I left an IOU on the counter for the stuff I picked up. Dont want Karma hitting me back on my way home." moving a blanket to the side Toby picked up his backpack and covered shotgun. he rolled up the three blankets and tied them to the large framed backpack.
"never liked them internal thingees...gave ya a bit of room, but never had the functionality of these." It was Kelty external Ticondaroga: lots of room, light, and not prone to breakage. He had picked up a few packets of pins and a roll of duct-tape to be on the safe side. takeing a the tape he taped up the legging going in his boots. it would need to be replaced, but it would keep the snow and Ice off his feet.

The parka was warm and with the three layers of wool ontop of his poly thermals did there job well, but the cold was piercing. he threw on the backpack, grabed his pole and tossed three of the duraflame logs to his visitor while he grabbed two.

"names James Broussard, but my friends call Toby. I reckon we should head over to your buddies now. I plan on heading home later in the morning. you guys are welcomed to join me iffin you want. its always good to travel in groups, but with this cold I dont think we will have many people to worry about."

the winds had died down a bit, but the sleet was still falling encasing the area in a tomb of ice.
"now, which building are your buddies in?"

Old 06-24-2004, 12:25 AM   #37
Curt-Man
Swoop?

" that one over there, come on toby, i'll introduce you to them" Trent walks swiftly making sure toby stays close they get to the building
" i'm home! heh, guys, i'd like you to meet toby, he's heading home tomorrow, so i decide we go wiht him since he offered"
Old 06-25-2004, 11:45 AM   #38
LukeKatarn
Gundam Pilot

"I'll go woth you." Jared said while slowly standimg up. "Hi Toby." He walked to Trent but, he was still week and couldn't make it.

Old 06-25-2004, 12:08 PM   #39
Curt-Man
Swoop?

Trent catching him " easy there, your not totaly recovered yet, seems that gust of iwnd really did a number on ya, toby this is jared"
Old 06-25-2004, 01:35 PM   #40
Cercueil
Rookie

"greetings jared." flipping the pack off his back he went into a side pocket and picked out what appeared to be candy bar wrapped in foil.
"my uncle used to make this for us when we went hunting. itll help you get your strength back. its a little bitter because I couldnt find everything to mix in, but dont pay no mind to that."
he held teh bar out for jared to take and began to look around. there were a number of people and most looked scared. like he could blame them as he was scared too. this storm was a monster and it showed no indication of ever giving up.

"I plan on heading home sometime today and any of you are welcomed. mind you, it wont be easy and, based on the snow and Ice, food will be scarce. If you decide to come you will need to pull your weight as well as helping the others in the group. I will do what I can to ensure that anyone injured can still go with us. where im from you dont leave people behind." looking around he wasnt sure that anyone was really listiening. Leadership hadnt always been his cup of tea and he wasnt sure how to handle it, but he knew he needed to get home.

Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > JediKnight Series > Community > Star Wars Roleplaying > The day after tomorrow - RPG