lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: I got the video preview
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 07-15-2004, 01:28 AM   #41
TK-8252
Get Cloned.

Quote:
Originally posted by Craftsman
Lasers can be any colours.
If you watched the Star Wars Trilogy (boy I sure hope you have if you're on this forum), you'll clearly see that Chewbacca's bowcaster shoots distinctive red lasers. The only place that bowcasters have green lasers is in the Jedi Knight series (Dark Forces II, Jedi Outcast, Jedi Academy). The "Shock Troop" for the Imperials seems to be based on the "Field Troopers" in Dark Forces II. The "Tech" class in Jedi Academy's Siege mode is also a medic/supplier. It seems that the Jedi Knight series has played a role in influencing the design of Battlefront. Too bad it had to have a negative influence in some ways...
TK-8252 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-15-2004, 01:29 AM   #42
Craftsman

Also notice how there are blue lasers, those are ion gun. Remeber how in the movies they could switch to stun which was blue? That is VERY effective agasit electrical devices eg droids. Lets hope its is the game
Craftsman is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-15-2004, 01:31 AM   #43
TK-8252
Get Cloned.

Clone Trooper rifles shot blue lasers; that has nothing to do with ion blasters. And what do ion blasters and stun mode have to do with each other?
Old 07-15-2004, 01:36 AM   #44
Craftsman

same thing
Old 07-15-2004, 01:36 AM   #45
THE BADGER:

All I have to say is WOW! That AT-ST blasting away at the troopers below lol!! And the face shot on the ewock! Priceless!

And remember it's still not finished yet. Don't judge so quickly. And stop nit picking about laser colors and other small things. If you want it perfect, than watch the movie.
THE BADGER: is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-15-2004, 01:53 AM   #46
TK-8252
Get Cloned.

Quote:
same thing
No... no, it's not.

Quote:
Originally posted by THE BADGER:
If you want it perfect, than watch the movie.
Or they could just do it right.

Let me quote the official video at LucasArts.com:

FOR YEARS YOU'VE WATCHED THE GREATEST STAR WARS BATTLES

WHAT IF...

YOU COULD ACTUALLY LIVE THEM...

That's the point of the game. The point is living the Star Wars battles. This game is supposed to be true to the movies. But I see that they've already broken their own rule... by adding the Dark Trooper... green bowcaster lasers... Pilots being medics/suppliers... a shame.
Old 07-15-2004, 01:58 AM   #47
THE BADGER:

BooHoo. I have already said that the game is not done yet. Maybe they put it in there so there could meet a deadline with that hands on thing in California. They will most likely fix the bugs before it comes out, and if they don't than well then....BooHoo!
How will you live without red bowcaster lasers!LOL
Old 07-15-2004, 02:15 AM   #48
TK-8252
Get Cloned.

Quote:
How will you live without red bowcaster lasers!LOL
It's called modding. I've already fixed so many stupid errors in Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy.

So the joke's on you!
Old 07-15-2004, 04:01 AM   #49
BurnsU
Rookie

*Readies flame thrower*

*points at TK-8252*

You took the "live the movies" part a little too seriously.

For one,who cares about the color of a friggin laser,to me,the colors mean nothing.Lets go by your logic,lets take out the darktrooper and put the officer in,the officer would have no point without the rebel spy,and the officers abilites have been given to a different class,which would make the officer pointless and make the Imperials weak against the rebels.

OMG,the laser is a different color,the games ruined because it doesnt let you live the movies,if it did,the lasers would be green!!!
"im going to have to make a mod to fix this disaster and make the game the way its supposed to be"

Of course I shouldnt be flaming you,as this is behavior about 80 percent of SW fans have,they over-analyze and nitpick at every minor thing,thinking of it as a huge flaw.Then they feel they need to correct it because they think that the way THEY want it to be,is the way everyone else wants it to be too.And BTW,starwars is a six part story,thus it is NOT a trilogy,but of course you would call it one,because youe the kind of purists that doesnt think of the prequels as starwars movies!!!!

Sorry for this big flame,dont take it personal.I was more trying to get my point across to OT obsessives in general and it came off a bit harsh.It just annoys me seeing all this nitpicking,and I just dont get how anyone could be so obsessive over something so small.Once again,sorry for getting so angry.You can flame me if you want
BurnsU is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-15-2004, 04:07 AM   #50
Craftsman

Im more worried about the droids being overpowered.
Old 07-15-2004, 09:43 AM   #51
Whoopknacker

HUGE thanks to Craftsman and SithShadowCat for the vid. It was awesome thanks guys.
Whoopknacker is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-15-2004, 09:45 AM   #52
Master William
Addicted to SW:BF 2

Wow, that video is just amazing! And that's some really nice graphics too...

As for laser colours and stuff like that, I don't care much...

And thanks for the video, thank you very much.

About overpowered things, I fear that as well. I see some classes like the Rocketlauncher class can just walk around and shot ultra-fast missiles and blow 4-5 people away, not to mention they'll be able to hurt a vehicle as well.

"It's Jango Fett! And he's brought his head!"
Master William is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-15-2004, 10:29 AM   #53
PanzerTekk
Rookie

More so for xbox then pc...I hope they have limits on the "special" classes.
PC servers tend to fudge with their own limts (or lack of)
PanzerTekk is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-15-2004, 10:59 AM   #54
Alegis
In hiding

LFN Staff Member 
they said they had lots of fun with rocketlauncher and only used it on 1 map....its deadly against units...I fear, and i predict torpedo launcher wars.

as for the bowcaster, i think greeen is waay better than red. And for "JK" causing this, bear in mind that those with creative sw ideas behind lucasrtas decided that, and not some developpers, and its logical it would be like that for all games

as for droidekas, i saw it again and watched a few (WHITE?) lasers hit the droideka in shield mode and it lost quite the amount of damage

in this game health will be very low i think, this needs to be a fast paced game to get that "hundreds vs hundreds" movie feeling

I still think sniper should move..so there would be less snipers, this is way too easy

and yeah, they reload...i thought weapons with lasers didnt :\ oh well, its for the best since reloading would help spraying

i love the character selection menu

really pumped for this game...fighting with and vs at sts....omg...
Alegis is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-15-2004, 12:04 PM   #55
Luke'sMaster
Rookie

I cant watch because it a zip, is there anyway to get it to work without winzip?

"Remember, a jedi's strength flows through the force"
Luke'sMaster is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-15-2004, 12:17 PM   #56
PanzerTekk
Rookie

nah...them blasters have clips. Those powercells go quick.
PanzerTekk is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-15-2004, 01:36 PM   #57
TK-8252
Get Cloned.

BurnsU, you really aught to put spaces after punctuation marks. Boy is it hard to read words that are all crammed together.
Old 07-15-2004, 02:15 PM   #58
tFighterPilot

Quote:
Originally posted by BurnsU
*Readies flame thrower*

*points at TK-8252*

You took the "live the movies" part a little too seriously.
That's the point of the game

Quote:
For one,who cares about the color of a friggin laser,to me,the colors mean nothing.
It's the star wars feeling, that's the point of the game
Quote:
Lets go by your logic,lets take out the darktrooper and put the officer in,the officer would have no point without the rebel spy,and the officers abilites have been given to a different class,which would make the officer pointless and make the Imperials weak against the rebels.
Fuck logic

Quote:
And BTW,starwars is a six part story,thus it is NOT a trilogy,but of course you would call it one,because youe the kind of purists that doesnt think of the prequels as starwars movies!!!!
That's why there is the original trilogy and the prequel trilogy

My projects:
Snow Speeder
Kaadu

Quote:
Originally posted by yaebginn
not at all, they came here[USA] to worship God however they wanted and it was built on the principals and rules of the Christian religion.
tFighterPilot is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-15-2004, 03:13 PM   #59
Master William
Addicted to SW:BF 2

Actually, you can't call Episode 4-6 originals, because the prequels are not copies of the old movies. I'd call them sequels, but that's probably just me.

I want to discuss more about the trailer, the gameplay seems really smooth, and I loved the graphics. I'm just hoping the Missile Launcher class won't take out everyone all by itself, as can be seen in the video. I mean, if you talk about realism, then the Heavy class could actually just walk around and blast people, but this is a game

"It's Jango Fett! And he's brought his head!"
Master William is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-15-2004, 03:20 PM   #60
tFighterPilot

Quote:
Originally posted by Master William
Actually, you can't call Episode 4-6 originals, because the prequels are not copies of the old movies. I'd call them sequels, but that's probably just me.
It's just a name

My projects:
Snow Speeder
Kaadu

Quote:
not at all, they came here[USA] to worship God however they wanted and it was built on the principals and rules of the Christian religion.
Old 07-15-2004, 04:01 PM   #61
Tyler_Durden

In the battlefield games, a well placed shot with your missile launcher or grenade launcher would take out four guys who are close together and seriously hurt anyone else near their proximity so it is in fact more realistic. It's also a one shot kill regardless of what body part would get hit just as in real life. Also if hit just right, you'd see the guy who got missle'd fly about 50 feet in the air, pretty hilarious. I think that translates pretty well into this game. Also missile guys only had about 3 or 4 missles and a sidearm, so they're pretty weak when they run outta rocket ammo, it's also a bitch to go and find an ammo dump while trying to dodge bullets and rockets from the opposing team as i think will happen in this game. Plus to be accurate and actually hit someone with a rocket, you gotta be fairly stationary which is a good thing for a potential sniper. I sniped more rocket guys in the BF games more than anything cause they were always trying to hit tanks and other team members but they had to aim just right to do it which meant standing in one place. Nice way to rack up your kill score.
Tyler_Durden is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-15-2004, 04:05 PM   #62
Whoopknacker

I think you meant to reply to the Return of the Rocket thread
Whoopknacker is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-15-2004, 05:43 PM   #63
insanellama
Rookie

awesome

the game looks awesome . and about the droidekas it looks like their shield runs down pretty quick and u could probably easily throw a grenade since it is stationary. so i dont think it is too good...there should be many ways to kill one...

STAR WARS BATTLEFRONT WILL OWN ALL!!

Shadow Army of the Galactic Empire Join today! PC, XBOX, AND PS2!
insanellama is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-19-2004, 01:42 PM   #64
thejeditraitor

anyone else notice the battle droids are shiny? is it staying like that you think? that's the only strange thing to me.
thejeditraitor is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-19-2004, 02:16 PM   #65
tFighterPilot

Quote:
Originally posted by thejeditraitor
anyone else notice the battle droids are shiny? is it staying like that you think? that's the only strange thing to me.
I hope it will stay like that

My projects:
Snow Speeder
Kaadu

Quote:
Old 07-19-2004, 02:35 PM   #66
jdtech
Rookie

Quote:
Originally posted by thejeditraitor
Well, technically speaking, the ones on Geonosis should be a reddy brown colour.

One thing I have noticed is the lack of ranks in Battle Droids. I would suggest:

Heavy Weapons - Commander Droid (Yellow Spot on front, Yellow Shoulders & Yellow Head markings)
Pilot/Medic - Pilot Droid (Blue Shoulders & Blue Head markings)
Scout/Recon - Doesn't really fit in, would have to be standard battle droid markings, the only other skin, Security, doesn't really match this class.

Of course, there should be standard cream battle droids all of the levels but Geonosis, where they would be the reddy brown, another good reason for not having the Security Droid markings, these are red too.

I should hope they are not shiny, and are returned to the cream. Although there are always mods.

John
jdtech is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-19-2004, 09:20 PM   #67
insanellama
Rookie

idk if any1 said this but about the droideka taking out a squad of clone troopers...there's 2 droidekas and like 5 clone troopers with just blaster rifles not throwing grenades and barely shooting at the droideka ...and at the end the droidekas shields are dropping quick and its just about to die so i dont think its overpowered...

STAR WARS BATTLEFRONT WILL OWN ALL!!

Shadow Army of the Galactic Empire Join today! PC, XBOX, AND PS2!
insanellama is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-19-2004, 10:51 PM   #68
Tyler_Durden

The shininess in the game is the bump mapping which is something done for X-BOX and PC's with good video cards. How they're gonna accomplish that for the PS2, though remains to be seen.
Tyler_Durden is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-19-2004, 10:53 PM   #69
Craftsman

Wonder why the gamecube is left out? Hmm.
Old 07-20-2004, 02:41 AM   #70
joesdomain
The Emperor

Current Game: The Force Unleashed
They left the Gamecube out because the next Nintendo console system is going to shown at E3 2005 in May of next year thus I assume they will release the next Nintendo console system in 2005. Why would they want to release a star wars video game on a system that is about to be replaced?

"You Rebel Scum"

"Wipe them out, all of them"
joesdomain is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-20-2004, 07:47 AM   #71
tFighterPilot

Quote:
Wonder why the gamecube is left out? Hmm.
The simplest of reasons, GameCube can't connect to the web.

My projects:
Snow Speeder
Kaadu

Quote:
Old 07-20-2004, 09:08 AM   #72
THE BADGER:

Gamecube sucks. They(Nintendo) better come out with something better is they want to stay in the gaming market. Online play is the main market right now.
Old 07-20-2004, 09:12 AM   #73
Darth_ToMeR
Veteran

Quote:
Gamecube sucks. They(Nintendo) better come out with something better is they want to stay in the gaming market. Online play is the main market right now.
Agree

My KOTOR Mods Site:
http://darthtomer.tripod.com
Darth_ToMeR is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-20-2004, 06:27 PM   #74
The-Stealth
Rookie

when the the guy with jetpack, is it just a boost or can u hover and move forward for a few secs(20)?
The-Stealth is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-20-2004, 06:32 PM   #75
The-Stealth
Rookie

lol i dont care what the color the laser is, it can be rainbowy id like it if it get the job friggin done.
The-Stealth is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-20-2004, 07:20 PM   #76
yaebginn
Banned

N64 rocked, though.
yaebginn is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-20-2004, 07:42 PM   #77
tFighterPilot

Quote:
N64 rocked, though.
It sure was better than the PlayStation, yet I think it wasn't as good as the DreamCast

My projects:
Snow Speeder
Kaadu

Quote:
Old 07-20-2004, 07:53 PM   #78
yaebginn
Banned

it had goldeneye, and that made it better thn the dreamcast, and just as good as the ps2.
yaebginn is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-20-2004, 07:58 PM   #79
tFighterPilot

Well don't trust anything I say, I never had any console. I did see the PS and PS2 though.

My projects:
Snow Speeder
Kaadu

Quote:
Old 07-20-2004, 08:14 PM   #80
Oidar
Rookie

Quote:
it had goldeneye, and that made it better thn the dreamcast, and just as good as the ps2.
N64-Goldeneye(you could also have used Perfect Dark, or either zelda game... but better than the dreamcast? please. Just as good as the ps2? What kinda messed up hippy crack are you smoking?

DreamCast-SoulCalibur, Jedi Power Battles, DOA2, Shenmue, Slave Zero, Capcom vs SNK, Quake III, Heavy Metal Geomatrix, Wild Metal, Conflict Zone Peace Makers, Silent Scope, Urban Chaos, Skies of Arcadia, Jet Grind Radio, Mars Matrix, Grandia 2, Bomberman Online, Phantasy Star Online, Unreal Tournament
Bangai-O, Ikaruga, Expendable, SF3 Double Impact , Fatal Fury: Mark of the Wolves.

I've got a N64, I've also got a dreamcast and a ps1 and ps2. I play my dreamcast more than any of them. next to that I play my PS2 but you can't comapre systems like those. Its like trying to compare a fighter jet to a submarine.

N64 Doesnt have a single game better than a dreamcast game. I love Zelda but the N64 Game Quality falls far below anything that was ever put out on the dreamcast and if you consider N64 being a better system cause it had 007, Geeze Play perfect Dark. WAY BETTER THAN 007. Or get urself a DC and play Slave Zero, Or maybe Q3 Arena but don't go saying N64 is better than dreamcast If you said that in Japan they'd beat you in the streets.
Dreamcast was and is a far better system than the N64.
Oidar is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > SWBattlefront.net (SWBF I & II) > Star Wars Battlefront > General Discussion > I got the video preview