lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Battle Report threads
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 08-30-2004, 02:45 PM   #121
lukeiamyourdad
Using Teletraan I

LFN Staff Member 
Nah we have to try it again

If people can hold of pbguy long enough I might be able to amass enough stuff to beat saber like in the first game we played. Managed to destroy saber's whole foward base. Then looks at his allies and pbguy...damn...so proud to destroy better player's forward base...yet...oy...

http://www.marioramos.ca/ -A friend of mine and an aspiring filmmaker.
lukeiamyourdad is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-30-2004, 04:43 PM   #122
pbguy1211
PBGuy1211 The White

Maybe when Maul comes back we can try it again.

Dude, in game 1 you had no shot. I had 5 holo's and all the resources I wanted after taking about half of the map by force.
I didn't take phreak's land because I didn't want to knock him out of the game so early. But I had all of DKs area and I milked it for all I could. Not to mention my, phreak, and DKs nerfs I took by force as well.

saber should have made 1 AC to wipe out all your troops.
Maybe an assault mech or 2.

In game 2, I couldn't get at LIAYD for the life of me because of that friggin map. Weirdest damn thing I'd ever seen. The only way to it via saber's side was on a tiny little swamp path that seemed to stretch for half the map. And the other way I had to go through Vostok... and my secondary armies vs his first AND LIAYD's passing armies weren't going to hold up.

PBGuy1211 Mods! All available here.
pbguy1211 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-30-2004, 06:46 PM   #123
Admiral Vostok
Lord of Star Wars Purists

I think for us to at least stand an iota of chance against the pbguy-saberhagen alliance, I would at least have to be Naboo rather than Gungans. Viceroy said it all within the first couple of minutes of that game: "Vostok, what a time for you to give up air-whoring."

I'm keen to give it another try next week, provided we have enough people.

Admiral Vostok, Star Wars Scholar and Lord of the Star Wars Purists.

Check out Admiral Vostok's plan for a new Star Wars RTS
Admiral Vostok is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-31-2004, 02:02 AM   #124
DK_Viceroy
Viceroy of the Truist Way

I think my precise words were.

Vostok I Congratulate You On Your Awful Timing To Give Up Air Whoring.

And PB I was starting to build up my trooper army given a bit longer i would have had mechs in the mix also.

I AM the prophet of the truth the protector of Star Wars Truism

Star Wars Truism by it's very nature is eternal and will outlive Star Wars Purism

Everything I say is a lie for the Truth is always greater than the words we use to describe it

Do you have any last words?

DK_Viceroy is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-31-2004, 03:32 AM   #125
saberhagen

I had a terrible kill ratio in that first game. I killed about 500 units but lost over 900! But they were mostly troopers and mounties and I had the econ to keep pumping them out. Maybe I should've strike rushed Luke's dad instead of Vostok. I would've wiped him out as he didn't get to T2 until 18 minutes and I was T3 at 19, but because of that I didn't think he was much of a threat. I forgot that Vostok was Gungans and wanted to cripple him before he could go T4 and start air whoring!

That was a pretty weird map second time round.
saberhagen is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-31-2004, 07:44 AM   #126
lukeiamyourdad
Using Teletraan I

LFN Staff Member 
True. I was wondering why people all forgot that I was alive. Perhaps taking too much time to get to tech2 is a factor. Besides, it was my first game in a loooonnnnnggg time.

Strangely, as weird as the second map was, i really liked it. Lots of natural defense barriers. Very interesting.

Old 08-31-2004, 05:07 PM   #127
pbguy1211
PBGuy1211 The White

With luke's T2 time, I really wasn't too worried about him in game 1. That was my take. In game 2, it was near impossible for me to get at him. Strangest damn map I've ever seen on this game.

Old 09-01-2004, 03:14 AM   #128
DK_Viceroy

Shorline isn't that strange a map surely?

Star Wars Truism by it's very nature is eternal and will outlive Star Wars Purism

Everything I say is a lie for the Truth is always greater than the words we use to describe it

Old 09-01-2004, 06:33 AM   #129
Admiral Vostok

I didn't notice anything overly strange, but then I didn't spend much time in the north or around luke's borders. I'm guessing that's where the oddities were.

Then again as an air-whore I rarely notice oddities in the terrain

Old 09-01-2004, 09:55 AM   #130
saberhagen

Watch the rec. It was extremely odd. There was a big bit of water between mine and luke's bases with a very long ford between them.
Old 09-01-2004, 11:06 AM   #131
lukeiamyourdad
Using Teletraan I

LFN Staff Member 
Yep. There was no way any gorund force could have survived crossing the shallow whitout getting massacred at the other end. It's an oddity that really advantaged my defense

Old 09-01-2004, 04:25 PM   #132
swphreak
My cabbages!!!

10 year veteran! Folder extraordinaire LFN Staff Member Forum Veteran 
Well, I don't know if I'll be able to make it this game. It depends on when I get back from visiting relatives.
swphreak is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-01-2004, 04:39 PM   #133
pbguy1211
PBGuy1211 The White

Well, this Sunday will probably be my last game for awhile.
Once the NFL season starts, my Sunday afternoons are occupied by the Pittsburgh Steelers between the hours of 1-4 US Eastern time. So enjoy it while it lasts this weekend!

Old 09-01-2004, 05:57 PM   #134
General Nitro

heinz ward all the way!

Dark Lords of the Sith
DLS_DarthNitro
http://sith-happens.tripod.com
General Nitro is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-02-2004, 12:07 PM   #135
Admiral Vostok

Eventually we may need to find another time to play. I'll be back in Australia mid January, and I still want to join in the games but I'm not keen on getting up at 4am Monday morning just to do so!

Old 09-02-2004, 12:12 PM   #136
DK_Viceroy

Where abouts are you know Pray tell?

I agree Though It's gonna be a problem perhaps we could do the game on a saturday.

I'm on GMT British time so that's one time zone we've got to try and get it in so far.

Old 09-02-2004, 02:25 PM   #137
pbguy1211
PBGuy1211 The White

I dunno, pick a day and a time. Sundays will be tough though. And I won't be able to make ALL Saturdays, but some aren't out of the question.

Old 09-02-2004, 04:06 PM   #138
Admiral Vostok

Viceroy - I'm in Toronto (GMT -5) right now. I'll be here until mid October probably, then I'll be travelling around Europe on my way back to Australia. Then I'll be in Brisbane (GMT +10).

Since I'll be the only person in Australia (unless Windu and Froz decide to join in, which I don't think they will) I'm willing to be the most flexible. If I have to be a bit inconvenienced, I won't mind. But 4am on a Monday morning is a bit much

Old 09-02-2004, 04:23 PM   #139
pbguy1211
PBGuy1211 The White

I also happen to be an insomniac. Meaning I'm up all hours of the night.

Old 09-02-2004, 06:02 PM   #140
lukeiamyourdad
Using Teletraan I

LFN Staff Member 
Yeah I don't mind late saturday night. I really can't on sundays if its too late. College kills my week days.

Old 09-02-2004, 10:36 PM   #141
DK_Viceroy

At least we're starting to get a new common time i'll do a bit of a parruzle and see i i can come up with a time that fits.

Old 09-03-2004, 05:16 PM   #142
pbguy1211
PBGuy1211 The White

are we still on for this sunday?

Old 09-04-2004, 04:29 AM   #143
DK_Viceroy

I should hope so.

We're only discussing a new time is because now that schools back in as well as other things the time has to change.

Old 09-04-2004, 04:58 AM   #144
swphreak
My cabbages!!!

10 year veteran! Folder extraordinaire LFN Staff Member Forum Veteran 
Well, turns out my Uncle has wireless internet, so I'm connected through that. Now it's whether I'm on the road or not on Sunday.
swphreak is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-04-2004, 05:12 AM   #145
DK_Viceroy

Can some people also give me a few more cities to work with this site did come up with some times you can see em but they're not pretty.

Is what I used

http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/meeting.html

and this is what i got

http://www.timeanddate.com/worldcloc...7&p3=189&p4=-1

I don't actually live in Birmingham It's just for some strange reason they don'y Have Newcastle Upon Tyne not that i blame them at present because the entire city is up in arms because they finally decided to get rid of the fossilised fool of a football manager Bobby Robson good riddance is all i can say.

Old 09-04-2004, 05:41 AM   #146
Admiral Vostok

Yep, game is still on this Sunday.

Viceroy, that's a nifty program you found there. I think the three cities you've got there will cover us since most people are at least in the same timezone as one of them. If anyone feels they aren't represented, speak up! I don't mind getting up early Sunday morning, so one of those options would probably be best as it will be Saturday evening in the UK and Saturday afternoon in the US and Canada.

However, we should probably leave the calculations until later, since the program is taking daylight savings times into account, which won't be in use come January.

Old 09-04-2004, 06:35 AM   #147
DK_Viceroy

Sat 9:00 PM * Sun 6:00 AM Sat 4:00 PM *

then that line looks to be the most reasonable, maybe even an hor later is better but then that's pushing it for some.

If there's one thing i've been good at it's crowd pleasing.

Old 09-04-2004, 08:04 AM   #148
Admiral Vostok

I was thinking the same time. By January daylight saving will be gone which will make it 7am in Brisbane, which is much better.

Old 09-05-2004, 11:03 PM   #149
DK_Viceroy

I wanna apologise for disconning last night, I had a feeling it was coming so i gave all my resources to PB, The reason i had a feeling it was gonna do that is because my modem began skweaking which it's only done once before in the last 2 years.

Old 09-06-2004, 03:48 AM   #150
saberhagen

I can't even remember how many games we started yesterday, but we only really finished one of them, and I screwed up in all of them!

The last one, which we pretty much fought to a conclusion before the dropping started, was on a precipice. Me, Vostok and Phreak vs Viceroy and pbguy. I was on the right wing opposite pbguy, so as usual we fought a trooper war and I came off worse. After failing to get a worker acrtoss the river, I built 2 troop centres and a power core on my side of the crossing and started massing troopers there. There were a few skirmishes between mine and pb's troopers. I held him back but couldn't force my way across the river (he had a turret on ihs side). Because I was concentrating all my force there, I didn't have any troopers or troop centres in my base to protect my workers, which was really stupid, cos pbguy sent a load of mounties round the long way and started to tear my base apart. I didn't know what to do at this point. I needed to bring my troopers back to see off the mounties, but if I did that I knew I'd lose my forward base. So I just procrastinated for a bit, but eventually sent my troopers back and killed most of the mounties, but not before they'd wiped out my turret and carbon centre and a good number of workers. Meanwhile, the troopers I was building at the forward base weren't enough to hold off pbguy's troopers and as I predicted, the forward base was soon gone. I still had enough troopers in my main base to deter another attack, and once I'd got my economy going again I built more troop centres at home. Appeals for help from my allies turned out to be counterproductive as Vostok sent fighters to my protect my base instead of attacking pbguy's economy straight away. I kept fighting into T4 and was the last to get wiped out, but really my fate (and the team's fate) was sealed in T2.

In an earlier game, things were even more ridiculous as Luke's dad and Viceory spent the early part of the game doubling Vostok while I got completely wiped out by pbguy! It was actually quite funny when my last 11 workers were slowly trying to rebuild behind Luke's base, and Viceroy suddenly told me to start air whoring!

So basically, anyone who finds themselves on the same team as me and against pbguy can safely assume that he will spend the first 30 minutes or so trying (and probably succeeding!) to wipe me out. That's when he's at his most vulnerable. Once he's got rid of me and started booming, there's no way he's going to lose.
Old 09-06-2004, 03:59 AM   #151
DK_Viceroy

Actually vostok raided PB several times but then i Moved an Anti air division their which was made up of near fully upgraded troopers they only needed their tech 4 upgrades. You couldn't have gone the long way round to get him I was at the only other causeway, Rushing Phreak Now that i've seen how I can do a rush without jeprodising my style i think i'll start using it a lot more, I wouldn't mind a match report of what happened after i left. and indeed a write up from someone elses point of view.

Old 09-06-2004, 09:14 AM   #152
Admiral Vostok

Reviewing the recording, there were many things I did wrong in that final game. My resource management was terrible, my defenses were porrly planned, my workers were horribly vulnerable and my unit production wasn't thought out. When the combined attack from Viceroy and pbguy came along, there was nothing I could do to halt it. Viceroy, you disconnected right as you'd finished munching through my main base; pbguy went on to root out my secondary bases but due to my terrible resource management my attempts to rebuild from these bases were futile anyway.

The other two games we had started could have been great if my game hadn't crashed. I was on pbguy's team both teams, which is an advantage already, but I was also doing things a lot better than in the last game. In the first game I was able to harass Viceroy quite a fair bit, and was on my way to massing my army when the game crashed. In the second game I managed to hold off several double-teams form Viceroy and lukeiamyourdad, so I was feeling pretty good, but again the crashing game stopped our fun.

Old 09-06-2004, 10:11 AM   #153
DK_Viceroy

Actually Vostok in PB's words you were "Porked" His Intervention delayed the inetivtable.

Can someone post up a reccording of that game the last one not the other two.

I'm lad i discovered for myself how to rush I think it completes my style perfectly. I need only perfect it.

Me and My Droids shall Enjoy Experimenting on you

Old 09-06-2004, 11:12 AM   #154
Admiral Vostok

pbguy's help at the start against you was invaluable, but while he was wiping out saber I was pretty much unaided against the combined efforts of you and lukeiamyourdad, which is what I was referring to.

Old 09-06-2004, 11:20 AM   #155
DK_Viceroy

Still though berfore we lost you my Combo was horribly effective against you

AA Troopers And Heavy Mech Destroyers sliced through Air and Strikes Like A Hot Knife Through Butter.

Old 09-06-2004, 11:34 AM   #156
Admiral Vostok

Indeed they do. I needed bombers, I'm not sure how good they would have been against the combo, but I still needed them.

Old 09-06-2004, 11:37 AM   #157
saberhagen

Quote:
Originally posted by DK_Viceroy
Actually vostok raided PB several times but then i Moved an Anti air division their which was made up of near fully upgraded troopers they only needed their tech 4 upgrades.
T4? I was talking about late T2/early T3 when I was in a trooper war with pbguy and Vostok had air. Things do happen before T4...
Old 09-06-2004, 11:41 AM   #158
DK_Viceroy

Why do you assuma that I meant at Tech 4 Stage I meant that i hadn't gotten to tech 4 when i moved them there i was only just barely in tech 3 But i had a large amount of Production and Reserach Facilities so I upgraded real quick since I was expecting the Air Raid sirens to go any minute. Stranmge that I didn't get raided even once.

Old 09-06-2004, 12:08 PM   #159
pbguy1211
PBGuy1211 The White

Quote:
Originally posted by DK_Viceroy
Still though berfore we lost you my Combo was horribly effective against you

AA Troopers And Heavy Mech Destroyers sliced through Air and Strikes Like A Hot Knife Through Butter.
Yeah, but you guys left saber alone and I smoked him. I got his CC, turret, nursery, and his holocron. I had a ton of nurseries and I was coming to Vostok's aid when he got disconnected.
So at not killing Vostok entirely, you had forsaken saberhagen. His score I think was under 2000 at the time and Vostok's was about 5000. While you harassed him, you failed to kill him.

Old 09-06-2004, 12:13 PM   #160
DK_Viceroy

That's nothing unusual Though he neraly always gets smoked but he can usually hold his own too.

Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Empire At War > Community > GalacticBattles.com > Star Wars: Galactic Battlegrounds > Galactic Discussion > Battle Report threads