lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Cantina 6: PTH Part V, Revenge
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 10-11-2004, 06:20 PM   #401
jokemaster
The master of jokes

Roleplayer 
*Matt took the safety cable and attached it to his own harness*

Vader's wife was very pregnant when she died 19 years ago. All of a sudden a 19 year old who is very strong in the force and has a distinct resembalance to him in his younger days rolls in from Vader's home planet with his old Master Obi-Wan (Who was the ONLY other person preset at the time his wife died. And to boot, the kid's last name is Skywalker.

So in answer to your question, he knew Luke was his son because his name is Darth Vader, and not Darth Retard.

-Forum post on why Vader knew Luke was his son.
jokemaster is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-11-2004, 06:33 PM   #402
Redwing
thedeadlymoose

10 year veteran! LFN Staff Member Forum Veteran LF Jester 
Aidan: My people were cliff dwellers. All I need are my claws and my wings.

*He leaps onto the cliff face, digs his claws into the stone, and begins climbing. Marin simply morphs and takes to the air.

Guy's transport moves its front legs upwards and inwards, its middle legs outwards, and its back legs outwards and downwards, and climbs spider-like onto the cliff face, using jets to stabilize itself when appropriate.

Raschel puts on her harness and begins climbing after the others after the Aesir go*

Redwing is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-11-2004, 06:51 PM   #403
jokemaster
The master of jokes

Roleplayer 
*Matt looks up at Sir-Vin*
Matt: Well, there go three of us who won't have any problems....

Vader's wife was very pregnant when she died 19 years ago. All of a sudden a 19 year old who is very strong in the force and has a distinct resembalance to him in his younger days rolls in from Vader's home planet with his old Master Obi-Wan (Who was the ONLY other person preset at the time his wife died. And to boot, the kid's last name is Skywalker.

So in answer to your question, he knew Luke was his son because his name is Darth Vader, and not Darth Retard.

Old 10-12-2004, 09:16 AM   #404
Deac
Now in 4-D!

Hot Topic Starter Roleplayer 
*Orthos, Gortick and Elella all attach harnesses and climb slowly after them*

Gortick: I hate heights...

Deac: Purveyor of Fine Quality Postage Since 2001
Deac is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-12-2004, 12:43 PM   #405
Admiral
Ruler of Valhalla

Roleplayer 
*At the top of the cliff there was a small ledge and then the wall of the castle itself. The wall was heavily battered and a portion of it had collapsed. Idona lead the group through the wall and into an outer courtyard. The beauty of the place was destroyed during the attack. Now all that really remained was rubble. Although the Keep was still intacted although there were some holes in the walls revealing the interior.

Idona took them through the outer courtyard and pass a gate house and into the inner courtyard. Remains of trees, burnt grass and fountains could be seen all suggesting that the Castle was beauitful.

They head towards the keep staying in the shadows with weapons drawn.(The Aesir at least)*

"Dulce bellum inexpertis."

Official Forum Expert on Norse Mythology
As Odin says in the Hovamal:
"Praise no day 'til evening; no wife 'til on her pyre; no sword 'til tested;
no maid 'til bedded; no ice 'til crossed;
no ale 'til drunk."
Admiral is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-12-2004, 01:00 PM   #406
BattleDog
Terrible in War

Roleplayer 
*Drago turns to the gaurds and Allessa.*

Drago: *While removing his sword belt.* I will go in alone, I would not allow dishonour to fall on you or your men, my Lady.

*Allessa bristles.* They should not dishonour you either, Dralson.

Drago: It is their way and this is their land. *He shrugs.*

*Drago has finished removing his weapons.*

1 Longsword
1 12 inch dagger
1 Small battle axe
Both halves of his firebow
1 Quivver (30 arrows)
1 Retracted vibro lance.
1 Shield

*Drago enters the room, once the door closes he drops onto his left knee, right fist pressed to the ground, laft palm pressed to his right hip, where his sword hilt would be.*

Drago: My Lord Vidar Odinsson, I apolagise for the manner of my arrival and that of my companions, It was felt that the nature of our mission was such that our reaching the planet was paramount. I submit myself to your judgement and ask your forgiveness.

*He remains kneeling, head bowed.*

((OSS: Just incase you were wondering this is the form of address Drago uses, check his own real name. He dropped an "s" after people started using proper surnames on Mrear.))

Fly Fast,
Shoot Straight,
Live Long!
BattleDog is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-12-2004, 02:46 PM   #407
Admiral
Ruler of Valhalla

Roleplayer 
((BD: just for your informations the Vidar's full name is Vidar Odinson. Same for Heimdall, Try etc. Just a side note Svafa full name is Svafa Odindottir))

*outside the door Ragnar shakes his head at Allessa and her guards*

-------------------------------------------------------

*Vidar looks at Drago for a moment before speaking*

Vidar: Get up (again assuming he does). I am willing to over look your tresspassing. However, there is but one transport off of this world, and while Hal has a spot on it, you, Allessa and her guards do not. Futhermore, I am not inclined to provide any of you with a spot on the transport. This is impartly do to Allessa reactions to certain events and more importantly it means that I could have to leave some of my men behind. Now you can try to defend her reactions but you will most likely fail, it would be best if she defended herself. Your choice.

I also want to know why I should help you at all. Again this would probably be best to come from Allessa, and before you ask she would have to disarm just like you did.

no ale 'til drunk."
Old 10-12-2004, 11:15 PM   #408
Redwing
thedeadlymoose

*Raschel, Aidan and Marin stay close to the Aesir in the shadows.

Guy, having no way to tell where the shadows were, moves his transport in a straight line, continually scanning the area for life forms*

Old 10-13-2004, 02:29 AM   #409
BattleDog
Terrible in War

Roleplayer 
((Admiral: Is that the old Norse From of the patromonic? I'm using the Swedish with an extra s.))

Drago: She would not be willing to defend herself to you, my Lord. She views herself as your equil and she would not suffer herself to be disarmed at any rate.

Our motivation in coming here is to retrieve Halren Flax. His destiny lies apart from all this, he must be reminded of that. What remains of their people are scattered and leaderless. The darkness is deccending on the galaxy and every form of dark spawn ever created has reared its ugly head. Before coming here I lost 200 men in a battle with an Ork Legion. If I cannot bind what remains of these people together the galaxy will be overrun long before your brother and the others complete their quest.

Lady Allessa was promised to Halren Flax long before the arrival of that cursed Cracken and his New Empire. By Law Allessa is the only Noble, other than Halren, who can command the others to stop bickering and unify them.

You know enough of their customs, a woman cannot lead a house, therefore she must marry. She is fixed on Halren, if he had been declared lost she could have married another man, but she would not. I have to either marry them or recover Halren to lead his people.

The Last two Flax Legions and the Auxilliaries of the House will follow me but I need whats left of the other Houses if I'm to hold back the tide long enough.

*Hal has unsheathes his sword and creaps along, pressed to the wall, deep in shadow.*

Fly Fast,
Shoot Straight,
Live Long!

Last edited by BattleDog; 10-13-2004 at 03:42 AM.
Old 10-13-2004, 10:54 AM   #410
Admiral
Ruler of Valhalla

Roleplayer 
((No that is swedish, I use it for my "A Dream of Asgard" mod, and carried the convention over))

*Vidar shook his head*

Vidar: Have you recently become the Court Jester? I want to get this straight. You believe it is more important to remove Hal from a quest to save the entire galaxy so that he can lead a small army with absolutely no hope of holding back the tide that is about to be unleashed? You may have been given the illusion that you were doing such but if 200 men is a costly loss for you then it was nothing more then an illusion.

As far as Allessa is concerned, she can think she is my equal but I do not have the time for an arrogant woman who is angered so easily at some minor inconviences. As it stands I will not give you a spot on the transport or aid you in any manner.

Again I suggest you bring her in here and let her try, or you can try again. I do assure though you have no hope of holding anything back after this battle.

no ale 'til drunk."
Old 10-13-2004, 11:41 AM   #411
BattleDog
Terrible in War

Roleplayer 
Drago: *Sigh.* My Lord, I am in an impossible position. I have 12,000 Legionaries and 22,000 Auxilliaries. 20 Fighter Squadrons and a few beat up crusiers, at the moment. The "loyal" houses number at least six times that.

I have to keep as many of these people alive as possible for as long as possible, that is my sworn duty. Halren Flax may continue this quest, as long as I can have proof of his marriage to Lady Allessa.

In the abcence of Lord Flax I am Marshal-General, the Gaurd Generals of the other Houses will follow me, but only if I have the First Lord's backing. That is why I need Halren Flax.

All I need is to marry these two children and have them sign orders so that, at the least, I can lead these people to their doom swords first. If the quest succeeds then these people will be saved, if not then they will die, fighting. These two are the means to make their sacrifice mean something.

You are going to lead your people in a battle they can not win. Fighting those battles is worth it if you hurt your enemy, if you slow him down. The war was in full flow when the Crimson Star was destroyed. A large amount of the Military was preserved in remote systems or in transit. If I can bind what remains of the Houses together I think I can unify some of the other martial elemants. No one can stop this flood but we can slow it down.

((OSS: For more technicalities of Drago's problem and how he's trying to solve it check the discusion thread.

P.S. Admiral I thought it was Dotter *shrug* my bad.))

Fly Fast,
Shoot Straight,
Live Long!
Old 10-13-2004, 01:43 PM   #412
Admiral
Ruler of Valhalla

Roleplayer 
Vidar: That is all fine, but you have no way off of this world, so regardless if you get them to marry you still fail unless you can leave by flapping your arms.

You have said nothing that compells me to leave up to four of my men behind so that you and your companions could leave. You should have thought about that before even attempting to land. If you think you will simply call back your Star Destroyer, or another transport I assure that the Drakes will out right destroy it this time and not play around.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

*The Group reaches the keep with no signs of life in the castle. Idona leads them down what use to be ornate passages to a sealed door. The door was heavily damaged and had numerous marks showing that people had tried and failed to open it. When Idona reached it, she pressed a hand against the wall and the door opened slowly and stopped half way. It was wide enough for the group pass through but just barely.

Behind the door was a stair case that wound upwards. As the group climbed the passed through more security doors, finally coming to the Gate itself*

no ale 'til drunk."
Old 10-13-2004, 03:39 PM   #413
Redwing
thedeadlymoose

Aidan: Am I the only one thinking this is far too easy?

Raschel: I would have said the same if Misae were still here...

*Aidan looks embarassed and doesn't reply*

Marin: <The fourth gate...>

What will we find when we open it this time?

Marin: <Heimdall, you have the key, right?>

Old 10-13-2004, 04:15 PM   #414
jokemaster
The master of jokes

Roleplayer 
*Matt shrugged*
Matt: Maybe this has something to do with the thing that visited us yesterday.

Old 10-13-2004, 04:23 PM   #415
Redwing
thedeadlymoose

Marin: <This part is the predictable part, Matt. "Ten keys, seven gates". We've been to three gates already. Each gate has some kind of test with it. None of them have been any fun, but none have killed us either...yet.>

Old 10-13-2004, 04:43 PM   #416
jokemaster
The master of jokes

Roleplayer 
Matt: Thanks for the warning.

Old 10-13-2004, 05:39 PM   #417
Admiral
Ruler of Valhalla

Roleplayer 
*Heimdall takes the key form a pouch on his belt and touches the key to the seemless door. A central vertical seam appears and the gate slowly opens. Revealing an empty room with the exception of a lone man in blue and silver armor and a long table with nothing on it.

Heimdall looks closely at the man and lowers his sword.*

Odin: Welcome everyone. I am Odin, or rather the image of Odin and am the guide for this part of the quest. I may say you are running a litle behind then what I had thought. Best pick up the speed if you want to succeed.

Now please come in and place all of your weapons on the table. You won't be needing them.

*Heimdall glances at Idun. She gives him a nod confirming that this image of Odin, could be trusted.

Heimdall, and the other Aesir enter the room and begin placing their weapons on the table.*

no ale 'til drunk."
Old 10-13-2004, 05:53 PM   #418
jokemaster
The master of jokes

Roleplayer 
*Matt saw that the Aesir trusted the image. He shrugged and left his lightsabers, his blaster and a vibroblade from his boot also*

Old 10-13-2004, 06:16 PM   #419
Kuuki
ZOMG It's Kookee!

Hot Topic Starter 10 year veteran! LF Jester Contest winner - LucasCast 
*Cracern walks over to the table and begins putting the few 'sith' lightsabers, then placing his dual sabers a bit separate from them.

Sir-vin wiats a bit before taking out his saber and places it on the table also. After a moment of thinking about it, he reaches to the middle of his back and he takes out his first saber that he had before the group had been given the mithril armour.*

Kuuki is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-13-2004, 07:11 PM   #420
Redwing
thedeadlymoose

*Marin and Aidan, having no weapons that could actually be put down, pass the table by.

Raschel puts down her blasters with a wry grimace.

Guy pauses his transport for a moment, then follows the others*

Old 10-14-2004, 09:28 AM   #421
Deac
Now in 4-D!

Elella: Well if the Aesir can trust it...

*Elella places her lightsaber on the table. Gortick and Orthos do the same*

Old 10-14-2004, 10:28 AM   #422
BattleDog
Terrible in War

Roleplayer 
*Hal deposits all his weapons, he makes to go through the door, then his face clears and he pulls a long dagger out of each boot.*

Hal: I always forget those.

Fly Fast,
Shoot Straight,
Live Long!
Old 10-14-2004, 11:08 AM   #423
Admiral
Ruler of Valhalla

Roleplayer 
Vidar: Well Drago?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Odin: Is that everything?

((Would post more but I have to run))

no ale 'til drunk."
Old 10-14-2004, 02:04 PM   #424
BattleDog
Terrible in War

Roleplayer 
Drago: I would be willing to ceede these forces to your overall command. They would number in excess of 250,000 ground troops, as well as the Capital ships to transport and support them and fighter compliments for all the ships.

As to how much space we would take up, I expect we will need only one seat. You can picle me or store me with the frozen meat, provided I have an anasetic beforehand and someone's there to defrost me. The House Gaurds are as likely to die in the battle as any of your warriors.

My Lord, before you say that we should not take part in your battle, I have nothing to loose and those two men outside could not be turned from battle if it were absolute certain death.

*Outside one of the gaurds checks the charge on his blaster carbine, while the other examines the edge of his axe.*

((Pause deliberate))

Fly Fast,
Shoot Straight,
Live Long!
Old 10-14-2004, 08:44 PM   #425
Admiral
Ruler of Valhalla

Roleplayer 
Vidar: I will consider your offer to ceede these forces. For now this is what will happen. I'll provide a single room for all of you to stay in until my brother and his comrades return. You will have access to the outside but must stay within 100 feet of the door. You will not be allowed to move in this base without an escort an then only to areas I approve. There will be guards positioned by both the interior and exterior entrances.

As far as meals are concerned, you will eat with my soldiers. However, they come first so even if you arrive before anyone else you will wait until my soldiers are feed then you may get some food.

Now with the transport your names are at the end of the list. If enough to survive to fill the transport before you and your companions then you will be left behind. Furthermore, your name is in front of Allessa, if there is a spot available on the Asgardreid it will go to you first, and if you try an switch both of you will be left behind.

Those are my terms and I will not negotiate. Now I suggest you inform your companions and have a talk with Allessa. Her arrogance, and inability to handle little inconvencies without becoming angry makes her to be of little use to me. Now you are dismissed.

no ale 'til drunk."
Old 10-15-2004, 02:10 AM   #426
BattleDog
Terrible in War

Roleplayer 
*This time Drago bows.*

Drago: Thankyou, my Lord.

*Drago takes three steps back, turns and leaves.*

*Outside he retrieves his weapons and waits.*

*Allessa seems to be trying to burn a hole in the wall with her gaze.*

Allessa: Well?

Drago: Lord Vidar has been most generous, considering the circumstances.

Fly Fast,
Shoot Straight,
Live Long!
Old 10-15-2004, 10:54 AM   #427
Admiral
Ruler of Valhalla

Roleplayer 
((I am assuming everyone confirmed Odin's question))

*After Odin recieved confirmation fromt the entire group the table and weapons sink into the floor and are removed entirely.*

Odin: You will not be needing them. Now if you'll excuse me I'll go get what you came here for.

*The image of Odin walks through a back door leaving the group in the room*
-------------------------------------------------

*A Valkyrie approaches Drago and his companions*

Valkyrie: Follow me.

((Again to save time, assuming that do))

*The Valkyrie leads them down a number of halls coming to a door with two beserks standing in front of it. The Valkyrie opens the door to windowless gray room. The only furnishing were four unmade cots. A pillow and linnen lay on the matress of each of the four cots.

The Valkyrie opens the exterior door, and points in a direction. Arms of two beserks could be seen from the doorway.*

Valkyrie: You cargo is 2 miles that way, this will be the only time your allowed to exceed the 100 foot limit. Dinner will be served in 4 hours someone will be here to take you to the cafeteria.

*The Valkryie closes the exterior door, and leaves the room, shutting the interior door as she goes.*

no ale 'til drunk."
Old 10-15-2004, 11:25 AM   #428
Redwing
thedeadlymoose

Aidan: What? That's it? That's all? Why disarm us?

Marin: <I'm not so sure 'what we came for' means the next key and map...>

Raschel: I have a bad feeling about this.

((Sorry, but it had to be said. ))

Old 10-15-2004, 01:10 PM   #429
jokemaster
The master of jokes

Roleplayer 
Matt: I'll give 2 to 1 odds that we'll have to do some hand-to-hand fighting either while we're waiting or getting out of here....

Old 10-15-2004, 02:29 PM   #430
BattleDog
Terrible in War

Roleplayer 
*The two House Men look shocked, embarrised, ashamed and generally sick. Drago survays the room with an even gaze, he makes a gesture and the two Gaurds step outside to stand with the Beserks.*

*Allessa explodes.*

Allessa: YOU CALL THIS "GENEROUS", I AM FORCED TO SLEEP WITH MEN, I WILL NOT TOLATE THIS DRAGO! *She continues in a very quiet voice.* Do you know what it is like to find your entire family whiped out in an instant, everyone you ever knew and then have the man you love dissapear off the galactic plain?

*Drago rounds on her.* Funnilly enough I know exactly what that feels like. I had to kill the image of my own daughter and I'm still hunting my wife, when I'm not working to keep your pathetic little excuse of a civilization together. I had to offer to ceade our forces to Vidar just to stop them form chucking us out!

*Allessa's composure shatters and she sinks to the floor in floods of tears.* He's not even *sob* there anymore, I can't even *sob* feel him.

*Drago shucks his pack and leaves.*

*Outside.*

*Drago turns to one of the Beserks.*

Drago: Is there any chance of me being able to get hold of a glass of mead? The real stuff, not that wattered down version you give the ocasional guest.

---------------------------------------------------------------

*Hal whistles tunelessly while he waits.*

Fly Fast,
Shoot Straight,
Live Long!
Old 10-16-2004, 10:45 PM   #431
Admiral
Ruler of Valhalla

Roleplayer 
Beserk: As you were told, you will get food and drink when everyone else has eaten. If you want mead, hope there is some left when you get your food.

((BD: anything else you want to do with this part?))

-----------------------------------------------------------

*As the group waited for Odin's return a wall off to the side suddenly explodes. Rubble flew everywhere and dust obsucred vision. Then there was the distinct snap hiss of many lightsabers being activated*

no ale 'til drunk."
Old 10-17-2004, 05:56 AM   #432
Kuuki
ZOMG It's Kookee!

Cracern "Ooooh this is a real nice surprise... Soo what do ya think we get out of this one when our weapons are sunk into the table there?"

Sir-Vin "Well I wouldn't doubt that this is a certainly a strange turn of events. Matthew, get behind everyone."

Old 10-17-2004, 07:49 AM   #433
jokemaster
The master of jokes

Roleplayer 
Matt*While moving behind the others*: Great. Just great. First time I win a bet and I probably won't live to enjoy the credits you guys'll owe me.

Old 10-17-2004, 11:43 AM   #434
BattleDog
Terrible in War

Roleplayer 
Drago: *Raises eyebrows.* Fine, no need to be rude. Manners really have gone down hill in the last 100,000 years.

((I'm Done.))

Hal: You never know, they might be an army of undead Jedi here to help us fight the Sith........or perhaps not.

Fly Fast,
Shoot Straight,
Live Long!
Old 10-17-2004, 10:42 PM   #435
Redwing
thedeadlymoose

Raschel: Sithspit! *She looks at her empty hands*

Marin: <Let's form a ring. If you can't defend yourself, get in the center.> *She hisses blue fire. Aidan's hands ignite with lightning and he growls, eyes lighting up with a white glow.

Guy does not make a sound, react, or move except to avoid a flying piece of rubble*

Old 10-18-2004, 10:10 AM   #436
Deac
Now in 4-D!

*A piece of Rubble flies toward Gortick, but he merely places his hands up and it stops ahead of him*

Gortick: Brother, without your sword you can't fight

Orthos: Gort...

Gortick: This is not your battle, brother. It is mine and Elella's

Elella:Orthos...please...they're coming

*Orthos gets in the circle*

Orthos: Don't expect me to stay here if things turn bad

Old 10-18-2004, 10:31 AM   #437
BattleDog
Terrible in War

Roleplayer 
*Hal flexes his fingers and then forms a fireball in each hand, ready to throw.*

Fly Fast,
Shoot Straight,
Live Long!
Old 10-18-2004, 11:24 AM   #438
Redwing
thedeadlymoose

((...uh, Jedi throwing fireballs? >.>))

Raschel: Orthos - can't your avatars do something?!

Last edited by Redwing; 10-18-2004 at 12:17 PM.
Old 10-18-2004, 12:21 PM   #439
Admiral
Ruler of Valhalla

Roleplayer 
*The Aesir ready themselves for hand to hand combat.

The dust clears showing about thirty sith with Lightsabers at the ready. They charge the group raising their blades as if to strike and pass right through the group disappearing into the far wall*

((would post more but rather busy))

no ale 'til drunk."

Last edited by Admiral; 10-18-2004 at 12:33 PM.
Old 10-18-2004, 01:11 PM   #440
Kuuki
ZOMG It's Kookee!

*Sir-Vin stands there surprised.*

Sir-Vin "Another test?"

Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > RogueSquadron.net > 1. Community > RSRP > Cantina 6: PTH Part V, Revenge