lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Cantina 6: PTH Part V, Revenge
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 09-08-2004, 03:38 PM   #121
jokemaster
The master of jokes

Roleplayer 
Matt: Shouldn't she change back now?

Vader's wife was very pregnant when she died 19 years ago. All of a sudden a 19 year old who is very strong in the force and has a distinct resembalance to him in his younger days rolls in from Vader's home planet with his old Master Obi-Wan (Who was the ONLY other person preset at the time his wife died. And to boot, the kid's last name is Skywalker.

So in answer to your question, he knew Luke was his son because his name is Darth Vader, and not Darth Retard.

-Forum post on why Vader knew Luke was his son.
jokemaster is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-08-2004, 05:16 PM   #122
Admiral
Ruler of Valhalla

Roleplayer 
Heimdall: Misea, Tanara may come along if both you and her want that. However, you will be responsible for her and need to tell her all the rules of this ship. We will leave in five minutes anyone not aboard the ship at that time will be left behind.

*looking at Marin* No, but tell me how much you need and we will work something out for the time being. A permant solution will be implemented as soon as possible.

*Heimdall turns and walks back into the ship, Idun, Svafa following. Gerd waits a moment before running back inside as well*

Heimdall: So where are we heading to now?

Asgardried: Home.

"Dulce bellum inexpertis."

Official Forum Expert on Norse Mythology
As Odin says in the Hovamal:
"Praise no day 'til evening; no wife 'til on her pyre; no sword 'til tested;
no maid 'til bedded; no ice 'til crossed;
no ale 'til drunk."
Admiral is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-08-2004, 11:30 PM   #123
superthrawn

Roleplayer 
Ritchet screamed at the top of his tiny mouse lungs, "Wait for me!? Can someone please carry me?"

"Space is big... really big. I mean, you wouldn't believe how vastly, hugely, incomprehensibly big it is. You may think it's a long way down the road to the chemist, but that's just peanuts to space." The Hitchiker's Guide to the Galaxy
superthrawn is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-09-2004, 09:58 AM   #124
Deac
Now in 4-D!

Hot Topic Starter Roleplayer 
*Elella picks up Richet*

Elella: Come along then...

*The three relatives board*

Deac: Purveyor of Fine Quality Postage Since 2001
Deac is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-09-2004, 10:51 AM   #125
Redwing
thedeadlymoose

10 year veteran! LFN Staff Member Forum Veteran LF Jester 
((superthrawn, I thought Ritchet changed to a bird in your last post. If I misread it, which I probably did, since when did Ritchet leave Guy's shoulder?

Will actually post later))

Redwing is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-09-2004, 02:04 PM   #126
BattleDog
Terrible in War

Roleplayer 
*Hal enters the ship.*

Hal: How long will this trip take, and where exactly is "home", Asgard?

Fly Fast,
Shoot Straight,
Live Long!
BattleDog is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-09-2004, 05:31 PM   #127
Kuuki
ZOMG It's Kookee!

Hot Topic Starter 10 year veteran! LF Jester Contest winner - LucasCast 
Sir-Vin *following Hal* "What sort of planet would you call 'Home'? It's their homeworld."

*WH Irvine staying a bit behind looking at the colony.*

WH Irvine "I can't say I'd like to see these colonies in the next ten years. I can't think of a sadder site."

Kuuki is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-09-2004, 07:13 PM   #128
jokemaster
The master of jokes

Roleplayer 
Matt: I can name some.....So you know who the mouse is? Marin's brother or something?

Vader's wife was very pregnant when she died 19 years ago. All of a sudden a 19 year old who is very strong in the force and has a distinct resembalance to him in his younger days rolls in from Vader's home planet with his old Master Obi-Wan (Who was the ONLY other person preset at the time his wife died. And to boot, the kid's last name is Skywalker.

So in answer to your question, he knew Luke was his son because his name is Darth Vader, and not Darth Retard.

Old 09-09-2004, 08:07 PM   #129
Admiral
Ruler of Valhalla

Roleplayer 
Asgardried: Corridor

Heimdall: Home refers to Midgard and the traveling times depends on our course. Asgard was destroyed in the holocaust. If you'll excuse me I need to do somethings on the bridge.

*Heimdall heads off to the bridge. Svafa, Idun and Gerd go to the lounge to look at the map.

Outside a loud bang of thunder can be heard. A couple of seconds later a heavy rain begins to fall from the clouds. The Asgardried Engines begin to come to life with a quite humming. The repulsorlift quickly cycle through to test readness. The Cargo bay doors begin to close stoping until Guy reenters the ship*

no ale 'til drunk."
Old 09-10-2004, 03:35 PM   #130
BattleDog
Terrible in War

Roleplayer 
*Hal heads to the lounge.*

Fly Fast,
Shoot Straight,
Live Long!
Old 09-10-2004, 07:26 PM   #131
Redwing
thedeadlymoose

((Gah. What happened to my post last night? ><))

Marin answered Matt as the others boarded. <No, it's not. I don't know who that is. I guess it's a friend of Guy's.>

She flew into the ship after the others.

Old 09-11-2004, 04:55 AM   #132
Deac
Now in 4-D!

*Orthos places his hand on WH Irvine's shoulder*

Orthos: That's what we're here to prevent. We're going to make this nightmare never happen...

*Gortick stops*

Gortick: And what about me? When you change everything, I'll be back at the mines before this all happened, won't I? Will you be able to come and find me?

Orthos: I don't know...but if I remember, I will find you. That's a promise.

Old 09-11-2004, 07:39 AM   #133
Kuuki
ZOMG It's Kookee!

*WH Irvine turns around and smiles.*

WH Irvine "I'm not here to give a sob story, not my 'thing'. Let's get the hell out of here."

Old 09-11-2004, 08:30 AM   #134
jokemaster
The master of jokes

Roleplayer 
Matt: Great keeps getting stranger and stranger. And knowing our destination, it's gonna get even stranger in a short while.

Old 09-11-2004, 09:09 PM   #135
Redwing
thedeadlymoose

Misae pulled Tanara aside as the two entered the ship.

"There's some things you need to know," she whispered hurridly.

Old 09-11-2004, 10:55 PM   #136
Admiral
Ruler of Valhalla

Roleplayer 
Asgardried

*Heimdall entered the bridge and took the pilot's seat. He was looking over the flight plan the Asgardried had set up.*

Heimdall: hmm...Two days with the slipstream drive. I guess it could be worse, we can cut it down a little. Don't bother with a small hyperjump just engage the slipstream as soon as possible. Patch me to Vidar if you would.

Asgardried: Ok...one second....there you go.

*An image of Vidar appears on a display in front of Heimdall*

Heimdall: Hello brother.

Vidar: Good to see you. What this about?

Heimdall: We are coming home. Should arrive in about two days. I'm starting to feel the call, I'll be getting the horn soon.

Vidar: I know, we are already preparing and fighting has commenced...

no ale 'til drunk."
Old 09-13-2004, 02:16 PM   #137
BattleDog
Terrible in War

Roleplayer 
*Hal changes his mind and heads for his quarters.

When he arrives Hal opens a steel bound chest set hard against the wall. He opened the chest and withdrew the contents. Hal had counted himself more than lucky that he had been able to find an Agamarian Armourer in the last eight months, let alone one skilled enough to work Dwarf Silver. Hal had had the man melt down the Asierien armour and fashion the scale shirt, greaves, gauntlets and collar he was far more comforable with. He had also had a helmet fashioned and had a shield faced with Mithril made.

Hal laid then aside and examined the loose surcoat ans heavey cloak he had bought from a tailor, as well as new knee high boots, breeches and tunic, all in blue. The Shield carried and Wolf and Hawk quartered and the same desighn was repeated on the surcoat ans cloak.

Fly Fast,
Shoot Straight,
Live Long!
Old 09-14-2004, 09:03 AM   #138
Admiral
Ruler of Valhalla

Roleplayer 
((To get the story moving: I'm goign to assume everyone is on the ship...will post again a little later tonight having them reach Midgard))

*Exactly five minutes later the Asgardried's repulsor's flair up propelling the ship into the air. Igniting it's sublight engines the ship rotates and heads for space. The storm outside grew in more intensity lighting flashed passed the windows and rain pelted the ship until it finally broke through the clouds.

Once in orbit the shutters over the windows closed, the slipstream drive was engaged and the group was on their way to Midgard.

no ale 'til drunk."
Old 09-14-2004, 12:26 PM   #139
Deac
Now in 4-D!

*Orthos and Gortick went back to their quarters, where Orthos placed Starkiller in the overhead locker, and took his helm out of his cabinet and began to polish it. Gortick, meanwhile, begins to read yet another book*

Old 09-14-2004, 01:31 PM   #140
BattleDog
Terrible in War

Roleplayer 
*Having laid out his armour and weapons Hal goes into a meditative trance.*

Fly Fast,
Shoot Straight,
Live Long!
Old 09-14-2004, 02:40 PM   #141
Kuuki
ZOMG It's Kookee!

*Sir-Vin walks into Matt's Quarters, carrying a small leather satchel.

He sits down on the chair from the desk, after spining it around to face the center of the room first.*

Old 09-14-2004, 04:58 PM   #142
jokemaster
The master of jokes

Roleplayer 
*Matt walked into his cabin. He noticed Sir-Vin*
Matt: OK, I'll bite. What's going on.

Old 09-14-2004, 05:13 PM   #143
Kuuki
ZOMG It's Kookee!

Sir-Vin "Have a seat Matthew." *points at a spot in the middle of the room.*

*Sir-Vin stands up, and walks over to the door and locks it, then goes to sit infront of the spot and sits on the floor, with the satchel on his lap.*

Last edited by Kuuki; 09-14-2004 at 09:24 PM.
Old 09-14-2004, 05:47 PM   #144
jokemaster
The master of jokes

Roleplayer 
*Matt followed the instructions*

Old 09-14-2004, 09:23 PM   #145
Kuuki
ZOMG It's Kookee!

(("Followed the instructions" ?!
come on JM! think of something better :P
like diologue

Matt "WTF? STFU NUB! I ownz0rs j00!!11!1!one!!1one!!1"

j/k :P

anyway, here comes a bit of story for the two characters))

*Sir-Vin closes his eyes and slightly lowers his head.*

Sir-Vin "You still lack some discipline, although today's event I won't blame your curiosity. I won't hinder on such, it's natural, how ever it is that discipline that you fore lack of."

*Sir-Vin pulls from the scatchel a few incense wicks two stand for them, and a small black case.

He takes two wicks and ignites them both, and places them into stands between the two, roughly off to each side. Then he takes out the stone which he had purchased earilyer, which he places along with the small case in front of Matthew.*

Sir-Vin "There are meny ways in which to properly shape a rough ore like this into a useable crystal suitable for properly passing a beam of energy through. You have yet to have been gifted with the opertunity of wielding a Lightsaber of your own. However, like I mentioned, you lack discipline that I believe needs to be earned to be trusted with such. A lightsaber, is not a weapon, but an extention of a Jedi's being. I believe this way you can learn such discipline."

((waits for reply before continueing :3 ))

Old 09-14-2004, 09:51 PM   #146
Redwing
thedeadlymoose

((Since wildjedi hasn't posted, I'm just going to move this scene along.

Otherwise Admiral might kill me. ))

Corridor

"First of all," Misae whispered. "These people we're with, who own this ship, they're the Aesir. Yes, the Aesir. The ones who destroyed the stars, and killed my master, along with four-fifths of the galaxy's intelligent life. The ones no one can find any trace of, even with the Republic allying itself with the Imperials to look. Them."

----------

Raschel's Quarters

Raschel entered alone, and shut and locked the door. She needed to think, to sort things out.

That conversation she had heard clearly meant that what they were trying to accomplish wasn't a secret or hidden thing anymore. If it ever was.

If two people know, then many people might know.

And the Aesir were hiding something, she was sure of it.

Something about that girl...

----------

Marin's Quarters

Marin demorphed in the quiet of her room. To her relief, she was still able to breathe normally as she returned to her normal body, although her lungs rattled unpleasantly as they drew in too-dry normal air.

At least morphing can still be counted on to fix some things.

She felt a little dizzy.

This must be what asthma feels like to air-breathers.

It was an 'old wive's tale' among her people that if one of the "People of the Water", as they would say, stayed out of water for too long, their innards would shrivel up and they would either die or, if they had been deprived of water for a noble purpose, become cursed land-dwellers forever.

Of course this was not true, as Amnaer scientists and "half-landers" like her own father had demonstrated time and again. But a Water-Breather out of water too long did suffer averse effects, physical but especially psychological.

Physical effects were more pronounced in youth like herself...but with her overall good health, and the benefits morphing let her have, she had never even considered "drying up" and something she would have to worry about.

And as for the psychological effects...she had always thought herself immune to them. After all, a life with absent parents, spent mostly fending for yourself, tended to toughen you up a bit.

Clearly she wasn't tough enough.

Old 09-15-2004, 08:43 AM   #147
jokemaster
The master of jokes

Roleplayer 
((Jeez, I was hungover when I wrote those posts, my brain didn't want to work))
Matt: Again, sorry about that. Nice stone, though. Picked it up on the colony when you went out?

Old 09-15-2004, 10:25 AM   #148
Kuuki
ZOMG It's Kookee!

((well, I was thinking more things that Matt could do, like whats he thinking right now, and if he's doing anything
be specific ))

Sir-Vin 'Needs more consentration too it seems..' "Yes, I did obtain this when I was out. Pay attention."

*Sir-Vin opens up the case like a book, inside there were several more crystals of varing shapes. Each piece was held in to the case a certain way.*

Sir-Vin "These are pure diamonds, this 'kit' has been assembled by my Master. Each shape is designed for a certain process of reshaping of a suitable crystal to be used in a lightsaber. Each piece is also bound to the case itself, like a puzzle, one must be able to free one piece at a time using consentration and patence, or else any pieces that had been unbound, will then in turn be bound once more."

*Sir-Vin picks up the stone.*

"This particular crystal is of course softer then these diamonds, so when you do free all the 'tools' it won't be very hard to carve the shape out." *smiles* "Remind you, that there is only one of these, so there is no need for a mistake."

*He places it back down.*

"Remind you, this is not a simple task you must never use your hands to perform any of the processes in performing this. This will take time."

((Ie, cant jsut say *Matt gets the first piece out* ))

Old 09-15-2004, 01:22 PM   #149
Admiral
Ruler of Valhalla

Roleplayer 
((Time Skip: Roughly two days, remeber you can post action during the time skip just make sure you note they are before the below post (aka: Before time skip: *what happened* Time skip...))

Midgard: Orbit

*The Asgardried disenages the slipstream drive, and raises the shutters revealing a graveyard of ships that hide the planet. Heimdall and Svafa were currently on the bridge*

Heimdall: Raise the cloaking shield and contact ground control immediatly.

Asgardried: Yes..

*Svafa looking around at the wreckage of the Aesirian flleet*

Svafa: Only Nidhogg and his cohorts could have done this.

Heimdall: Jorrumgand was also involved. Look over there.

*Heimdall points to ship that seemed to have been crushed around the center. The comm interrupts any further comments*

Midgard Control: Welcome home. Coordinates are being sent. Lord Vidar wishes to speak with you as soon as you are groundside.

Heimdall: Thank you.

*The Asgardried flyes quickly through the debri weaving in and out of the wrecks heading towards the planet. There were signs that the on the larger halls that something burned through the ships. After abour five minutes of going through the wreckage clears to reveal a basically snow covered world with a belt of green running along the equator.

The ship enters the atmosphere flying over a sea of red and then a huge expanse of a snow covered forest heading for tall moutains that showed some rock but like everything else was blanket of snow.

As the ship approached the compound defensive bunkers could be seen as well as soldiers standing guard. The ship moves over a side building with an open top rotates and gently comes done for a smooth landing. Overhead large doors close sealing the ship in the bay. Once down the main entrance's ramp is lowered. *

Asgardried *over the comm so the entire group can hear*: We have arrived, assemble at the main entrance.

*Heimdall and Svafa stand. Heimdall is wearing blue armor with silver trim while Svafa is wearing red armor with gold trim, each have cloaks with similar color patterns of their armor (aka Heimdall has a blue cloak with silver trim).

They leave the bridge and walk towards the main entrance where Idun and Gerd are waiting. Idun was dressed in green armor with gold trim with a cloak like Heimdall's and Svafa's. Gerd was dressed in her armor and cloak that Heimdall had given her at Yevoh*

no ale 'til drunk."

Last edited by Admiral; 09-15-2004 at 03:20 PM.
Old 09-15-2004, 04:20 PM   #150
jokemaster
The master of jokes

Roleplayer 
Matt: Wow. Couldn't be something simple or riske someone getting hurt, huh?
*After Sir-Vin left, Matt meditated for a bit. Once he finished, he approached the puzzle. *
Well this isn't gonna be easy for me
*he rubbed his hands together and started working on it.*
-------
2 days later
*In the two days since Matt had started the project, he was rarely seen outside his cabin. Inside he had just completed getting the first piece out. He had found out tying his hands behind him had made things easier by stopping him from using them from impulse. The task had gotten easier as he progressed, and he supposed it was set up that way, and his concentration was increasing. He put the first piece aside, and was about to begin working on the second piece when he heard the announcement over the comm. He put the kit and the piece away, carefully making sure none of them would get lost. He quickly dressed himself in green armor, and a vest over it, he supposed that the Aesir would probably consider this formal, so he also put on a formal robe. He then headed quickly to the entrance*

Old 09-15-2004, 04:37 PM   #151
Writer
Not switching to DTV

Current Game: TrackMania Nations
Roleplayer Contest winner - Fan Fiction 
Quote:
Originally posted by Redwing
((Since wildjedi hasn't posted, I'm just going to move this scene along.

Otherwise Admiral might kill me. ))

Corridor

"First of all," Misae whispered. "These people we're with, who own this ship, they're the Aesir. Yes, the Aesir. The ones who destroyed the stars, and killed my master, along with four-fifths of the galaxy's intelligent life. The ones no one can find any trace of, even with the Republic allying itself with the Imperials to look. Them."

Tanara stared at Misae, struck speechless by her words. She barely managed to get her own words out. "Go on."

Mom tells me I need brain food... but if writing ain't that, I don't know what is!

My work in progress:
Hidden Histories: The Galaxy Hacker

Have a read, give a review, yah?
Writer is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-15-2004, 04:55 PM   #152
Redwing
thedeadlymoose

Pre-Time Skip

Asgardried Corridor

"They brought us here," Misae said. "They claim they caused the Holocaust to spare the galaxy most of the suffering that it was about to endure, because a great evil was unleashed when their leader died.

"They say this was foretold. They assembled this group. They say our purpose is to undo this. We are looking for something called the 'Time Matrix'. A device they say can alter time. With it, they say we can stop all this.

"According to the Aesir, this galaxy will be utterly destroyed within nineteen years. We've been hunting for the Time Matrix for a year now. You are only the second surviving Jedi I have seen since the Holocaust started, the first being Halren."

Current Time Frame

Asgardried Cargo Hold - Guy's Ship

Guy sat alone in his ship's cockpit. He had left Ritchet to his own devices in the cargo hold, with droids secretly monitoring him. Or her. Or it.

He was monitoring the various communication channels that he always had as a Shadow. Former Shadow, now that he knew that they knew his secret. But although they had shut him out of their systems, he could still use his own, which he had always kept separate for this eventuality.

He had known this would happen. But he had planned it to be at his instigation.

All the 'assignments' that had been his territory had been reassigned, all the subversive 'programs' he had in progress, terminated. Just adding a few more to the list of slaves I couldn't free, of kidnapped beings I couldn't return, of lives I couldn't save from being ruined. Just a few more to the list of deaths that I couldn't stop.

The Asgardried called for assembly, and he ignored it for a couple minutes. Then, finally, he sighed and stood up.

----------

Aidan's Quarters

So. "Midgard". Home of the Aesir.

Aidan took his long-ignored Aesirian-made mithril armor suit out of his quarters' closet. He had never before put it on, preferring to thumb his nose at whom he had used to see as his captors/unwilling protectors.

Not really captors. After all, I never actually tried to leave, did I?

Now, however, things were different. The Aesir had proven themselves worthy of respect several times over, and one of them has saved his life twice, his mind once.

He owed them, and Aidan always paid his debts in full.

He pulled on a gauntlet. It felt loose. He awkwardly tried to find a way to tighten it, then was startled as it suddenly shrunk and shaped itself to the the form of his hand and arm.

Oh. I'd forgotten about that.

He finished dressing himself, discarding his former clothing - which was really just the customary oversize gargoyle waistcloth - in his closet. He had expected the heavy-looking armor to slow him down, but it was actually very light, and was easy to move in. It felt almost as if it was a second skin.

He left his quarters and headed to meet the others at the main entrance.

Last edited by Redwing; 09-15-2004 at 05:30 PM.
Old 09-15-2004, 06:19 PM   #153
Writer
Not switching to DTV

Current Game: TrackMania Nations
Roleplayer Contest winner - Fan Fiction 
((I gotta find a way to catch up with time ))

Quote:
Pre-Time Skip

"They brought us here," Misae said. "They claim they caused the Holocaust to spare the galaxy most of the suffering that it was about to endure, because a great evil was unleashed when their leader died.

"They say this was foretold. They assembled this group. They say our purpose is to undo this. We are looking for something called the 'Time Matrix'. A device they say can alter time. With it, they say we can stop all this.

"According to the Aesir, this galaxy will be utterly destroyed within nineteen years. We've been hunting for the Time Matrix for a year now. You are only the second surviving Jedi I have seen since the Holocaust started, the first being Halren."
Tanara's 'less Jedi' side emerged. "They claim to have caused the Holocaust and yet we are helping them?" She paused, clearly struggling with her emotions. Finally, she sighed and looked into Misae's eyes.

"Do they have any idea where this 'Time Matrix' is?" she asked, now once more her calm 'Jedi' self.

Mom tells me I need brain food... but if writing ain't that, I don't know what is!

My work in progress:
Hidden Histories: The Galaxy Hacker

Have a read, give a review, yah?
Writer is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-15-2004, 06:28 PM   #154
Admiral
Ruler of Valhalla

Roleplayer 
((Wild Jedi: You can simply leave off there and pull your character to the current time. It will leave some mystery to what Misea told Tanara. PM Red to get details if there is anything special you need to know else I would assume Tanara has a reasonable idea of what is going on. Otherwise just put in what she is doing now. And you don't need to quote. Just put in Pretime skip other times just idicate who you are talking to like

Tanara to Misea: Hi

And In case anyone missed it: There is a description of the Asgardried in the discussion thread

JM: Where did Matt get that armor?))

no ale 'til drunk."
Old 09-15-2004, 06:43 PM   #155
Kuuki
ZOMG It's Kookee!

((Much better ))

*After witnessing Matt's progression everynow and then, going in to give Matt's daily rations, he was quite pleased. Out of the Fifteen pieces in the 'kit', he had released the first one, and now the second one. He had not yet told Matthew that each piece released required a higher level of consentration. Clearly the 'kit' was designed to be not only to test the worthyness of using such, but it was also a teaching device as well.*

------

*Flashback: 17 years before*

*Irvine sits in a grassy atrium, late at night, he had completed the first six pieces, working on the seventh. His appearence looked as if he'd been sitting there for at least a week, never ate, and follow apprentences came once in a while and gave him a glass of water.

His sensei, Jedi Master Chi stood and watched in a window with the simular smile as Sir-Vin had now. Master Chi walked out into the atrium with a bit of satisfaction on his face.

Irvine is about to release the seventh piece that he had been working on for nearly for four days...*

*SNAP*

*SNAPSNAPSNAPSNAPSNAPSNAP*

*All the pieces that he'd worked on had closed tight. The ingeniousness of the kit, not only did you have to use your mind to untie or solve a little puzzle to release the individual pieces, but after a certain number of pieces had been released, each additional piece after had to be released in a certain order or else the everysingle piece will reseal itself up again, allowing the user to start over. But never reclaiming the skill learned of the user.*

*The child Irvine stands up in a rage, he'd always had seem to have shown that natural side of him.*

Irvine *facing Chi, seeing the smile on his face* "You're enjoying this aren't you!!"

*Master Chi, seeing a mere ten year old boy standing up and in fit, trying to staredown an adult. He could do nothing but laugh. This caused Irvine to spin around and kick the kit.*

Master Chi *Before Irvine's foot even touched the kit* "Irvine!"

*Irvine stops in place, but not without lunging forward a bit with his momentum. Master Chi walks up to him.*

Master Chi "I know I didn't tell you about that, but it wouldn't have been fair to have told you. This will help you teach you patience, however this part is all about going deeper into the force and trying to predict which piece next to unlock."

*Master Chi looks down and sees a child holding back his pout and tears.*

Irvine *weary* "But... I.. Just w-wanted to m-make a lightsaber like yours.."

*Master Chi gets surprised, what could one expect from a child whom had been removed from his own family at infantcy, if not forceably. He smiles and places his hand on Irvine's head, and messes it up a bit. As the Master and the child apprentence sits back down and continues...

It took him another 5 years to complete alll the puzzles.*

------

*Irvine found out later that such a tool or device, which ever one may call it, would have been used on much older Padawans, but he'd been a special case. The older would have used much much less time.*

*Now truely taking on his name given to him by his masters, he trains Matt in the same manner. Sir-Vin had every notion to lend Matthew his own lightsaber to use until he can forge his own, but it seemed that the time was right to begin the more advanced to the learner.*

--------

*Sir-vin was in the Main enterence, wearing his loose clothing, with a large cloak that consealed all, even what he may be holding under it, execpt for his head.

Irvine Cracern was leaning agenst the wall near the hatch, he was wearing his own loose clothing.*

Cracern "So Irvy, I haven't seen your student in since the duration of this trip, whats going on."

Sir-Vin "Well, if the Asgardreid's monitors watched Matthew's quarters a few times, I wouldn't doubt that our host's agree with what sort of training method I placed him in."

Old 09-15-2004, 06:59 PM   #156
Admiral
Ruler of Valhalla

Roleplayer 
Svafa: Think again. Where in the last two days was his combat training? Have you prepared him at all for what he will be facing?

Idun: Learning patience is necessary but to focus on that to the exclusion of all else if foolish especially considering the current circumstances. Also patience and concentration can be taught while at the same time teaching other things more critical to his survival. Does your student even have a weapon?

no ale 'til drunk."
Old 09-15-2004, 07:11 PM   #157
Kuuki
ZOMG It's Kookee!

Sir-Vin "I can respect your opinions, but I never had the intention on having him enter any sort of conflict with out any sort of training, or preparation. Nor would I had the intention of allowing him to enter and such conflict also this soon. but Like I promised, you need not worry of him, the previous day's actions I believed that it was time for him to begin learning mental discipline."

Cracern "What?"

Sir-Vin "I let him begin to use a tool that I had used in my youth, it taught me a great deal."

Old 09-15-2004, 07:50 PM   #158
Admiral
Ruler of Valhalla

Roleplayer 
*Heimdall was going to remain silent over the subject until Sir Vin's explanation*

Heimdall: Then may I ask why you didn't do anything with combat training? If you had thought he was going to remain on the ship think again he will be coming with us to the gate. At the very least Irvine you should have ask us whether or not that would even be allowable which it isn't. Now you know with certainty that your student will be facing combat so I recommend that you arm him and give him a crash cross in basic combat techniques and don't expect us to provide him with weapons.

Idun: In my opinion you have failed completly and Matt should look to one of the other jedi for further instruction.

no ale 'til drunk."
Old 09-15-2004, 08:01 PM   #159
Kuuki
ZOMG It's Kookee!

*Sir-Vin smiles, he'd expected such.*

Sir-Vin "I never said anything about leaving him behind, but like I said, I will respect your opinions, and I won't argue agenst them. But like I promised, he is my responsibility, even if we go into a dangerious situation. I understand that you take being able to defend oneself over mental stability, but not everyone in this universe is as mental equiped such as yourselves. I'd rather let him be able to control the force around him, even a limited about, before he severs a limb with a lightsaber..."
Old 09-15-2004, 08:12 PM   #160
Redwing
thedeadlymoose

((I'll take care of that in this post.

wildjedi, interesting you have Tanara have a "less-Jedi" side, because as everyone else knows, Misae has a very large "less-Jedi" side herself... ))

Pre-Time Skip

Asgardried Corridor

"It's complicated," Misae said. "But apparently these Aesir need us to complete a "quest" to find this Time Matrix. A sort of series of challenges and...tests, I guess. We have a map, but it likes to lead us in circles...

She noticed others approaching and stopped.

"Let's continue this elsewhere," she said.

She took Tanara's arm again and pulled her away.

((OOS: Wildjedi, consider Tanara basically appraised on all the backstory that is in the first post of the thread. But if you want to have her character ask for clarification on something later, because you don't know it, feel free to assume that Misae omitted it.))

----------

[Time Skip]

----------

Present Time

Asgardried, Main Entrance

Marin arrived at the group assembly at the same time as Aidan and Raschel. Raschel wore the suit of mithril Heimdall had made for her, with her jacket over it. Marin wore her normal wardrobe of overly tight clothes - pink shirt and blue jeans - that she could easily morph in. She was a bit surprised to see Aidan appear in full mithril armor.

"What happened to your loincloth?" she asked.

"I decided it was time for a change," Aidan said.

She shrugged and didn't press the subject.

Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > RogueSquadron.net > 1. Community > RSRP > Cantina 6: PTH Part V, Revenge