lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Cantina 6: PTH Part V Revenge (Discussion)
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 09-28-2004, 01:40 PM   #81
Kuuki
ZOMG It's Kookee!

Hot Topic Starter 10 year veteran! LF Jester Contest winner - LucasCast 
Yes

if a tree falls in a forest and theres no one around to hear it, does it make a sound?

Kuuki is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-28-2004, 01:51 PM   #82
Admiral
Ruler of Valhalla

Roleplayer 
yes it does

"Dulce bellum inexpertis."

Official Forum Expert on Norse Mythology
As Odin says in the Hovamal:
"Praise no day 'til evening; no wife 'til on her pyre; no sword 'til tested;
no maid 'til bedded; no ice 'til crossed;
no ale 'til drunk."
Admiral is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-29-2004, 02:53 AM   #83
BattleDog
Terrible in War

Roleplayer 
Ok, thats fine, the point has to do less with actual age and more to do with life experiance as a result of age. Where as the Asier are inclined to look down on humans somewhat simply because they have a far greater level of knowledge and experiance they can't do this with Drago.

So the Asier are going to have deal with Drago from a position of relative equallity. The point is further driven home by a measure of shared knowledge, magic, dragons, etc; thats not a point I'm going to stress though.

As a note Drago stopped counting at 1,000.

Fly Fast,
Shoot Straight,
Live Long!
BattleDog is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-29-2004, 10:56 AM   #84
Admiral
Ruler of Valhalla

Roleplayer 
BD: You have a slight misconception. They Aesir do not look down upon humans because they lack experience etc. They look down on some of them, because the way they act. As one of them said earlier they judge a Jedi in comparison to other Jedi. Humans compared to other humans and so on.

I must ask how much knowledge would you like Drago to have of the Drakes (Odin would have traveled with one of them)? I also need to point out that he doesn't have knowledge of the Futhark.

no ale 'til drunk."
Old 09-29-2004, 12:58 PM   #85
BattleDog
Terrible in War

Roleplayer 
Admiral, What I mean is Drago has practical experiance of fighting Dragons and dealing with magic. As to Drakes I would think a general overview, weaknesses, temperment, level of intelligence etc.

As to your other point whatever your intentions your characters gonvey a different attitude.

Fly Fast,
Shoot Straight,
Live Long!
Old 09-29-2004, 01:50 PM   #86
Admiral
Ruler of Valhalla

Roleplayer 
Drakes are immortal, extermly smart, all but Nidhogg and his gang of 4 others are the only ones that went bad so to say.

Age wise Drakes were around since the begining.
----------------------------------------------

BD: Exactly and what does that imply about they way the Aesir feel about the group?

no ale 'til drunk."
Old 09-29-2004, 02:14 PM   #87
Kuuki
ZOMG It's Kookee!

Quote:
Originally posted by Admiral
BD: You have a slight misconception. They Aesir do not look down upon humans because they lack experience etc. They look down on some of them, because the way they act. As one of them said earlier they judge a Jedi in comparison to other Jedi. Humans compared to other humans and so on.

I must ask how much knowledge would you like Drago to have of the Drakes (Odin would have traveled with one of them)? I also need to point out that he doesn't have knowledge of the Futhark.
well, i can recall clearly you saying once that aesir consider humans as 'children' in age wise and the amount of intelligence one could gain in that time (well obviously in their life spans) but considering that

that would technically be comparing humans to themselves, dont you think

Old 09-29-2004, 02:32 PM   #88
Admiral
Ruler of Valhalla

Roleplayer 
to clear somethings up.

When you use totals as in the entire human race the Aesir must compare humanity to themselves. Like the entire Jedi Order the Aesir compare it to themselves.

Now idividuals they compare to other members. Jedi to other Jedi, Human to other Human.

Now for the PTH group, yes the Aesir see a good portion as childish like the Irvines and since the Irvines should be more mature the Aesir treat them like they do. Marin they treat better because she seems mature, and they have no other to base a comparison on.

I will say this. Age does not play into how they treat people. It is how they act and behave and a comparison relative to that individuals culture and to the Aesir themselves.

no ale 'til drunk."
Old 09-29-2004, 02:42 PM   #89
jokemaster
The master of jokes

Roleplayer 
Quote:
Originally posted by Scar Da Kookee
Yes

if a tree falls in a forest and theres no one around to hear it, does it make a sound?
Depends on how big the tree is.

If a hobo dies in the sewers, does anyone find out?

Vader's wife was very pregnant when she died 19 years ago. All of a sudden a 19 year old who is very strong in the force and has a distinct resembalance to him in his younger days rolls in from Vader's home planet with his old Master Obi-Wan (Who was the ONLY other person preset at the time his wife died. And to boot, the kid's last name is Skywalker.

So in answer to your question, he knew Luke was his son because his name is Darth Vader, and not Darth Retard.

-Forum post on why Vader knew Luke was his son.
jokemaster is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-29-2004, 02:57 PM   #90
Redwing
thedeadlymoose

10 year veteran! LFN Staff Member Forum Veteran LF Jester 
Maybe, but what does that have to do with PtH?

An interesting question is how much the Aesir know about/have used magic in the past.

I should also point out that Mrearan magic and Aetherian magic [the Aether is the common name of what I've always referred to as "the magic world" of Earth] are two different although similar things.

I can't really say similar in what ways unless Deac cares to explain exactly how Mrearan magic works, which isn't really relevant at this time.

I need to explain how Aetherian magic works myself, but I can put that off until PtH VI.

Redwing is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-29-2004, 03:00 PM   #91
jokemaster
The master of jokes

Roleplayer 
Quote:
Originally posted by Redwing
Maybe, but what does that have to do with PtH?

An interesting question is how much the Aesir know about/have used magic in the past.

I should also point out that Mrearan magic and Aetherian magic [the Aether is the common name of what I've always referred to as "the magic world" of Earth] are two different although similar things.

I can't really say similar in what ways unless Deac cares to explain exactly how Mrearan magic works, which isn't really relevant at this time.

I need to explain how Aetherian magic works myself, but I can put that off until PtH VI.
I dunno,I just saw the question aobut the tree and needed to post my own. Plus hobos are cool

Vader's wife was very pregnant when she died 19 years ago. All of a sudden a 19 year old who is very strong in the force and has a distinct resembalance to him in his younger days rolls in from Vader's home planet with his old Master Obi-Wan (Who was the ONLY other person preset at the time his wife died. And to boot, the kid's last name is Skywalker.

So in answer to your question, he knew Luke was his son because his name is Darth Vader, and not Darth Retard.

Old 09-30-2004, 01:20 AM   #92
BattleDog
Terrible in War

Roleplayer 
Okay, just for fun: Hal beef with the Asier.

As a direct result of their actions Hal has lost his family, his people, his entire way of life.From his point of view blowing up 80% of the Galaxy seems like a very childish overreaction on the part of Odin's children for the following reasons.

1. Destruction of that many stars will make much of the Galaxy A. untravelable and B. highly unstable. In a matter of years the Galaxy will swollow its self. Actually I'd say the Asier may actually have brought an apocalypse foward a few years.

2. People should be allowed to choose how to meet their end. Most relevant, the Lahara Sector found have fought to the last man, woman and child against Sith, Demons, you name it.

3. The very casual offhand way the Galaxy was destroyed. I don't recall any remorse at all thew the destruction of all those people. Bear in mind that Hal and all the other Jedi felt every death and if the Asier use the Force they should have too.

Other stuff he doesnet like:

The Asier DO treat the group like children, even after months of fighting by their side they still refuse to trust Hal an inch and treat him as though he is stupid, and they were doing this before the episode in the last thread.

Before you point out that episode with the Sith in the temple I'll point out that they were in a place strong in the dark side and given their general mental state it made all the Jedi a bit odd.

Another of Hal's problems has to do with hypocracy. Particually Svafa's very violent and foolish response to being accused in the last thread, obviously a neccessary plot device but in Hal's view it reflects particually badly on her character.

Finally, Hal is bound by several codes of honour which prevent him from lying, betrayal etc so the Asier's continuing mistrust is a personnal insult, which they continually remind him of.

I should point out, counter to all I have just said that Hal has a proffessional respect for Heimdall and an instilled respect handed down from his father for all Asier but this is being erroded by his current experiance.

He has a genuine personnal conflict with Svafa.

Fly Fast,
Shoot Straight,
Live Long!

Last edited by BattleDog; 09-30-2004 at 03:29 AM.
Old 09-30-2004, 03:34 AM   #93
Kuuki
ZOMG It's Kookee!

Quote:
Originally posted by Admiral
Now for the PTH group, yes the Aesir see a good portion as childish like the Irvines and since the Irvines should be more mature the Aesir treat them like they do. Marin they treat better because she seems mature, and they have no other to base a comparison on.

oh i'm hurt

Old 09-30-2004, 08:40 AM   #94
Admiral
Ruler of Valhalla

Roleplayer 
Interesting BD.

You will not see the Aesir show remorse for their actions mainly since they believe they did the right thing and yes they did feel the deaths. Also any remorse that they do show would not be in front of the group.

Now about Svafa in the previous thread. Keep in mind that Heimdall is her brother and attacked and injured her a couple of times before Marin/Raschel accusation. She was also emotionally beat up from the strong belief that she would have to kill her brother. The Accusation pushed her over the edge as such her violent reaction.

Svafa personally doesn't like Hal. reasons:

1. He in her opinion is a poor Jedi. In this thread, the previous one etc. Hal has shown a lack of control over his emotions, being quick to anger and outbursts.

2. In the previous thread Hal (in Svafa's opinion) threw a tantrum and ran away. That completly destroyed any and all trust she had in him. It also took away a lot of her respect for him and Jedi in general (Misea is far from helping).

3. The most current thing. Hal being angry over Matt's training yet he did nothing during the eight months. If he really cared then he should have checked in or at least asked Sir Vin on how it was going.
--------------------------------------------------

Later on I'll explain some of the reason why they treat others as Children. Although I don't see them really treating Orthos, Gortick, Ellela, Marin, and Guy and for the most part Aidan like children. Tanara and Ritchet are new members so they don't really know.

Mainly it is Misea, the Irvines and Hal.

no ale 'til drunk."
Old 09-30-2004, 12:04 PM   #95
Redwing
thedeadlymoose

Quote:
Originally posted by BattleDog

1. Destruction of that many stars will make much of the Galaxy A. untravelable and B. highly unstable. In a matter of years the Galaxy will swollow its self. Actually I'd say the Asier may actually have brought an apocalypse foward a few years.
Um, what science - Star Wars or real world - is this based on? This doesn't seem to make logical sense.

Even if this were so, the galaxy is going to end within twenty years according to prophecy anyway. If the galaxy was going to swallow itself it would happen over thousands or millions or even billions of years making that irrelevant anyway.

I really have nothing to add to the rest of your post since Admiral and I have already fiercely argued this out on AIM (while it was happening, in fact)

Scar: You shouldn't be, you are not your characters and your characters are not you

Old 09-30-2004, 02:14 PM   #96
Kuuki
ZOMG It's Kookee!

note the sarcasm in my post redy

yeah, and in this thread, i'm trying to fix up the personality querks I have with the Irvines ^_^;

although i'm going to almost keep WH Irvine the same, but letting RH irvine to grow a bit (note any noticeable attitude changes already with the two, and any mistakes thus far, were my fault ^_^)

RH Irvine's still got a bit to go, note his reactions and questions ^_^ (also note his somewhat abserd question was to get an idea on the numbers of the aesir or the number of sith.)

he's more annoyed at hal then anything (hell I am too) especally almost saying "You screwed up I'm taking over". no offence JM, but for story sake I had RH Irvine thought that matt wasnt mentally ready for hard combat training. But hell either way you look at it how would he know that they'll be pit up agenst a full day's worth of battle. again its nice to be prepared, but my logic is, especally with that first act with matt in the closet ^_^

it is also RH irvine's first apprentice

Last edited by Kuuki; 09-30-2004 at 02:36 PM.
Old 09-30-2004, 02:48 PM   #97
BattleDog
Terrible in War

Roleplayer 
Well since a black hole causes a different hyperspace shadow to a star (We've seen this with the Maw.) it follows that all those black holes will make large tracts of space unpassable.

As to the other thing its a Star Wars style exageration, but that said all those black holes are going to start dragging towards each other and joining up and on it will go.

As to what Admiral said I take your points, however counterpoint to what you said about Svafa I'd like to elaborate on Hals mntal state:

1. His entire family dead, either directly or indirectly because of the Asier.

2. These guys blew up the galaxy!

3. The destruction of Agamar makes Hal feel personnally guilty because as soon as his father died those people became his responsibility. Consider if this had happened a couple of threads later when Flax had gained more power after the armastice he would have been responsible for the death of everyone in a sector.

4. Hal has his father's temper. Flax shows it less because of his age.

5. Consider the Hal here with the much more reserved and reasonable Hal in the other thread.

Also, I think he's been very well behaved this thread.

I got around to reading "Sword School", talking about swords, you made one or two boobs:

1. The Gladius is worn on the Right, even early Spatha were worn on the right. The didn't start wearing swords on the left until C 250 A.D. at least.

2. You missed some interesting types:

Mycenaean Rapier.

Naue II.

Sorry, I just couldn't resist

I wouldn't expect you to know those, since its Pre-Roman Classical knowledge.

I just had to say also 13th Warrior, I was screaming, "Its pattern welded you **%^%&&$%%$%%&

Fly Fast,
Shoot Straight,
Live Long!
Old 09-30-2004, 04:31 PM   #98
Kuuki
ZOMG It's Kookee!

btw bd: my last post, sir-vin offering a drink to hal

thats just him trying to 'mend' the differences between the two ^^

just to infrom about waht i'm on about

Old 09-30-2004, 08:25 PM   #99
Redwing
thedeadlymoose

Quote:
Well since a black hole causes a different hyperspace shadow to a star (We've seen this with the Maw.) it follows that all those black holes will make large tracts of space unpassable.
No, the Maw has a ton of black holes close together. Gravity is what causes hyperspace shadows. Any black holes that may have formed are no closer together than the stars were.

Also keep in mind that 80% of intelligent life is not the same thing as 80% of stars. The reason for the stars being out now is the mysterious darkness that instantly shut out all light eight months ago. Also, stars have to be a certain size (larger than our sun, a medium star) to form a black hole after going supernova.

Large tracts of space are not going to be unpassable anyway because black holes have yet to form where they will form. I base this on the fact that just scant research tells me that although many stars have been observed going nova, a black hole has never been observed forming.

Quote:
As to the other thing its a Star Wars style exageration, but that said all those black holes are going to start dragging towards each other and joining up and on it will go.
I don't remember Star Wars science being exaggerated in that way. That seems like a BD-style exaggeration.

Black holes *cannot* be formed in twenty years, certainly.

And again, see what I said before about the millions to billions of years thing for the gravity of the black holes to drag each other towards each other over such vast distances...even if there were enough stars destroyed for this to happen, which looks extremely unlikely.

Separately:

A comment on Hal's/Flax' quite un-Jedi-like temper/attitudes; my theory on this is their dual Jedi/Agamarian heritage - are those conflicting? This has been my observation, and I'm curious to know if you think it's an accurate one

Old 09-30-2004, 09:05 PM   #100
Admiral
Ruler of Valhalla

Roleplayer 
About Swords BD: When wearing them I was referring to Medieval ages, and Renaissance. 13th warrior made me cringe a lot with what they did but still a decent movie.

About the explosion of the Stars.

Only extermly massive stars would create blackholes. Other large stars would create Neutron Stars that they spin rapidly can generate pulsars.

The galaxy is not littered with tons of black holes many of the stars that exploded didn't have the mass to generate black holes or Neutron stars. Neutron stars would be the next most frequent event with black holes being the least likely.
-------------------------------------------------------------

Concerning the Aesir and trust. As Red knows the Aesir do not trust, they are prone to mistrust. This roots itself in Loki and the death of Balder. After that point the Aesir basically only trust each other fully. After the destruction of the galaxy, the Aesir are despised (and understandably I will add). To reverse everything and save their lord the Aesir must work with people who in all likely hood hate them. This makes trusting those people much harder since they could just be bidding their time for Revenge. I think only Orthos has really seen any benefit from the holocaust (finding his brother, and cousin)

That is the starting point of their inherint mistrust in PTH.

Now for certain individuals it is increased:

Hal: His lack of control over his emotions is dangerous especially for Jedi. The Aesir know this and will not trust him until he can exert control his emotions. There is also another question that is Hal is having trouble following the Jedi code will he also have trouble and be unable to follow his other codes?

Misea: Has no control over her emotions and is sliding to the dark side. Definetly not going to trust.

Guy: Mysterious, not very sure where he stands and they don't know much about him so they hold him at arms lenght.

The Irvines: The Aesir didn't like them at first because of their family history. Since then the Aesir have continually been forced to repeat themselves. They complain, whine (take the armor for example) and have made some stupid comments. The Irvines are prone rash actions, don't think things all the way through. Sir Vin lost a lot of ground with what the Aesir see as a failure in his responsiblity to train Matt.

I will note at this point that Hal also lost ground. If Hal in their opinion was truely concrened about Matt, Hal would have inquired about his training during the past 8 months. Then instead of trying to immediatly take over it would have been better if Hal offered his help (much more Jedi like).

Matt: His little snopping adventure set him far back with the issue of trust.
---------------------------------------------------------

Out of the Group Marin is the most trusted. Aidan is coming along since they first meet him. Same with Orthos, Raschel, and Ellela. Gortick, not sure of just yet same with Tanara and Ritchet.

Now for some fun. I'll reveal a little bit about Svafa state of mind:

1. She blames herself for her fathers death (Odin). Svafa is convinced that if she did her job as a Valkyrie better then Odin would not have been killed. Combine this with Svafa's already beating herself up over the death of Balder and failing to find Loki's true nature.

2. As a Valkyrie, Svafa has spent many years infiltrating groups like the Empire. Acting as a spy one doesn't make actual friends and generally trusts no one. She can only really relax around other Aesir otherwise she is always on guard.

3. She doesn't think she is going to survive this to the end. Her death will have less of an impact if she keeps the rest of the group at arms length and is generally hostile to them.

At the same time by keeping them away from her she insultates herself from their deaths.

I can gon on and on as I delve deeper into her pysche but at least everyone should understand her a little better now. maybe Tomorrow I'll do Heimdall and Idun (this is rather fun). With luck you should be able to notice a difference between PTH Svafa and C13 Svafa as things progress.

no ale 'til drunk."
Old 10-01-2004, 04:33 AM   #101
BattleDog
Terrible in War

Roleplayer 
Red, yes very perceptive. Its less of an Issue for Flax as he was raised by his father and mother relativly insulated from the court because of his Jedi herritage, Flax spent his years up to 17 on a farm dusting crops in an old headhunter under an assumed name.

At age 17 Flax was preparing to take his headhunter, refitted with cannon and missiles out into the world the seek the Rebellion, his father having judged him sufficently well trained to protect himself against the dark side.

Moments before Flax launched his fighter the assult on Agamar began, he watched a TIE-GT proton bombed his father's home as the garage door opened. Flax launched and destroyed the GT.

His home was totally destroyed, killing his entire family, father and mother as well as his older brother and sister. Flax' only surviving relative was his Grandfather, the then Lord, who he could not contact for both their safeties.

Flax was pursued star-side by Imperial Fighters, although he managed to escape to highperspace and was picked up by a passing Rebel Dreadnaught.

After review of his flight logs he was fast tracked thoguh training and assigned to Blue Squadron aboad the Defiance. Six months later he persuaded the Alliance to send Mon Mothma to Agamar to recruit some of its warriors. This was the point at which Kayen Farlander and Jan Lo were recruted, as well as the Twins Sophae and Sellenna Windrider.

Flax participated in the mission to knock out the cominication's array for the first Death Star but he was hit and cracked some ribs and declared unfit for the final attack.

Flax and Sophae married six months after Yavin when he was 20 and she 19.

(There is a point to this.)

Their first son Hal was born during the evacuation of Hoth just before the transport jumped to hyperspace.

The couple traveled from post to post with young Hal in tow. From the earliest the child learned the sword, the blaster and the force. More than once a base had to be evacuated and Flax would carry his son on his back while fighting his way to the escape craft. Hal would be handed over to his mother and then watch his father fight back through Imperial Troops to his X-Wing, in order to escort their transport out.

Hal was litterally born a warrior, with the death of his Father, a man he viewed as indestructable, not to mention his Mother who worked hard to educate him morrally during his violent early childhood, he has lost his reference points in the galaxy.

Without the Jedi Order to adhire to Hal has devoted himself to his martial skills and the brutal and unforgiving Agamarian code of honour. Only over the last two months has Hal begun to recover his moral compass and spiritual centre, however he is still quick to anger and slow to forgiveness.

----------------------------------------------------

As to Matt's training that was Sir-Vin's responsibility, in the normal course of events you don't interfere with a Padawan and a master. I was going to do a scene origionally which implied Hal had been teaching Matt the sword over the last few months but it got buriried because I was late joining the thread.

Since that didn't happed Hal's reaction has a lot to do with guilt. He has been too wrapped up in his own problems to see Sir-Vin's difficiencies and as a result the anger is dirrected equil parts at himself and Sir-Vin.

As a general aside Flax' other children don't have the same issues as they were both born after Endor.

Fly Fast,
Shoot Straight,
Live Long!
Old 10-11-2004, 04:26 AM   #102
jokemaster
The master of jokes

Roleplayer 
BD: Continuing the discussion, yeah Scar misspells sometimes, but rarely is it as hilarious as Floorless.

Old 10-13-2004, 04:57 AM   #103
BattleDog
Terrible in War

Roleplayer 
His grammer is pretty funny though. Trying to work out what he's saying hurts sometimes.

Noble Houses

All Houses in the Lahara Sector a ruled by a "First Lord", his heir is styled "Second Lord".

Aside From this Ranks are thus.

King: (None)
Earl: Example is Taklin Flax They control the loyalty of lesser Lords and can usually equip 12-24 Legions.

High Lord: Senior Nobles, most Second Lords hold a High Lord title. Usually have enough money to equip 6-12 Legions

Lord: Lesser Nobles, generally control small tracts of land, they usually have enough money to equip 2-6 Legions.

Lords are ranked by holdings, therefore if an Earl is impoverished and sells most of his land he ceases to be an Earl and becomes a High Lord or even just a Lord.

Fly Fast,
Shoot Straight,
Live Long!
Old 10-13-2004, 12:35 PM   #104
Writer
Not switching to DTV

Current Game: TrackMania Nations
Roleplayer Contest winner - Fan Fiction 
I was asked when my ability to post might improve... I'm afraid it may be a couple more weeks, if not 3. Until then, I'll get only a very little chance to do so. I am still interested in this thread and want to continue using Tanara in it.

wildjedi

Mom tells me I need brain food... but if writing ain't that, I don't know what is!

My work in progress:
Hidden Histories: The Galaxy Hacker

Have a read, give a review, yah?
Writer is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-13-2004, 02:07 PM   #105
Kuuki
ZOMG It's Kookee!

Quote:
His grammer is pretty funny though. Trying to work out what he's saying hurts sometimes.
!!

*pulls out his cattleprod and tackles BD, and repeatedly shocks him one after another*

Old 10-13-2004, 02:30 PM   #106
BattleDog
Terrible in War

Roleplayer 
Noble Succesion

When a first Lord dies his oldest surviving son inherits his title, if he has no sons then the title passes to the husband of his oldest daughter. If the Lord has no daughters the title passes to his oldest brother, if the Lord has no brothers then it passes to his oldest sister. If the Lord has no siblings it passes to his cousans in the same way.

The idea is to keep as close to the direct line as possible.

Simple, yes.

Hear's the problem. If a Lord's oldest daughter is unmarried then the title in held "In trust" by her oldest paternal uncle or father's male cousan. These "Regents" have considerably reduced power, their main function is to maintain the holdings of the family until their "charge" is married.

Essentially without a First Lord a House is very vulnerable.

To further complicate things; if the daughter of a First Lord marries a First Lord then on the death of her father the two Houses fuse, unless she has more than one son. In that case the second son would inherit her title apon her husbands death. Until that time her husband holds her title "In trust".

If she never marries it passes to the Regent on her death. If everyone dies out then the title returns to the Crown, since there is no crown there has been a steady fall in the number of house in the last 5,000 years.

Still with me? Okay.

How this relates to Drago's problem: Since houses rank themselves by relative power and wealth the big starbust has seriosly shaken up the pecking order.

The result is that house Flax and Relinion's have deadlocked on an equil power basis. With no King to resolve the dispute the Council of Lords is bickering. The big problem is that all Allessa's male relatives got atomised. So she's it. The problem is she's madly in love with Halren Flax (To be fair she hasn't seen him in nine months) and refuses to brake her betrothal and marry someone else, which under the circumstances she can do.

So Drago has to get them wed and have Hal name him Steward and Marshal-General so that he can get things moving. Although he already holds Marshal-General as a title its not technically legal.

Ranks

The Highest Rank within a House is the First Lord, who is styled:

Earl: Lord-General

High Lord: Lord-Leutenant-General

Lord: Lord-Major-General

Not all First Lords are military officers. If a Lord proves himself competant he will be awarded the additional land to raise his rank, which will be stripped from the man he replaces.

All other Noble Officers are styled: Knight-(Rank)

There is another General rank, this is Marshal-General, these men are non noble and are invested with their power by a Lord-General and therefore outrank all other officers. When the Lord dies his Marshal-General loses his superiorety but retains the Legions he directly commanded.

Complicated, eh?

Fly Fast,
Shoot Straight,
Live Long!
Old 10-13-2004, 03:51 PM   #107
Redwing
thedeadlymoose

Scar: No comment. *runs*

BD: Yep.

Just wait until we get to next thread, and I have to explain all this - for a whole bunch of cultures. My fingers are going to hurt.

wildjedi: That's perfectly alright. We'll just assume Tanara doesn't have much to say during this time or something

Old 10-13-2004, 04:18 PM   #108
jokemaster
The master of jokes

Roleplayer 
WJ: Don't worry bout it.

Old 10-13-2004, 06:09 PM   #109
Admiral
Ruler of Valhalla

Roleplayer 
Be nice everyone.
-----------------------------------

Ok I want to make sure of this so: In PTH terms:

Hal is an Earl, which is below The King. Allessa is also ranked below the King.

Under this then Allessa would be of lower rank then Vidar. Although she really wouldn't know that, since no one knows how the Aesir's government really works.

----------------------------------------------

A little on the way the Aesir rulling system works:

The Aesir live in what can be caled the Aesirian Empire/Kingdom. The names can be used interchangeable. That said rankings and power. We start with the Royal Family.

Emperor/King: Rules the entire Empire/kingdom. Armies wise he has the full army and navy at his disposal. Vidar is now the emperor.

Queen: The Queen rules when the Emperor/king is away from the throne. As such she shares much of power. On a side note, the Frigg being the queen is Odin's most trusted advisor.

Crown Prince: The heir to Odin (aka Vidar). As such he takes on many duties to prepare himself for the job of rulling the nation. Many times Odin will give Vidar critical assignments that Odin himself would handle. Vidar also travels extensivly with his father. *Note: If the emperor is killed and the queen lives plus a prince the queen becomes the Queen mother and the Prince the Emperor/King. If only there is a princess the Queen rules and anyone she marries is ranked no higher then a prince*

Princes: They are next in line of power and if Vidar is killed with no heir the eldest prince takes power. Heimdall would be next in line.

Princesses: If all the princess are killed then the eldest princess takes over being Burnhilde (she being dead puts Svafa in that position).

That ends the royal family. Below them are:

Dukes and dutches: They govern a planet. They are assigned by the Emperor.

Earls/Counts and Countess They are the regional govenors on planets. Essentially they govern continents/hemispheres Assigned by a Duke

Viscounts: These would be provicional govenors (They are in charge of lands rougly the size of the US). Elected by the populace

Barons/Baronesses These are the head of the local governments. also elected

The use of the phrase Lord and Lady is used for the Royal family, its more of an informal address.

The Ruling Council: Made up of the royal family, Dukes and Duchesses. The council are 12 individuals who advise the Emperor and when the Royal family is off rule in their place.

Another side note: There is a lot of mobility in the society mainly through military service and achievements. Thus ends the political structure of the Aesir. Just a little note on the military of the Aesir.

The Aesir have 10 Knightly orders, and any aesir is free to join any of them each order emphasizes something different, from skill with a sword to use of the Futhark. May list them later. Anyways the Aesir military is divided into essentially four independent groups (each having their own starfighter squadrons, capital ships etc). Military service is seen among the Aesir as a duty, and while not mandatory all Aesir are part of the military in some form.

The Regular Army and navy: The regular army and navy is seen as a stepping platform for those who are seeking a pure military career. The regulars tend comprised mainly of Aesir who pursue other careers like being a scientist. This has caused the regular army/navy to not have one specific armor but rather actual uniforms.

Besersk They wear green armor with gold trim, usually with cape of similar design (green with gold hem). Beserks will tend to handle guard duty along the frontier. Compared to the regular army they would be special forces. Entrance to the Beserks is done by application from the regular army/navy. Overall leader C13: Beowulf, PTH: Ragnar

Einherjar: Their armor is dark blue and with silver trim, and is usually worn with a dark blue cape with a silver hem. The Einherjar are the best of the elite forces of the Aesir (aka the Beserks). To become an Einherjar you have to be chosen by a Valkyrie. Einherjar take on the most dangerous missions and guard the royal family. (more of an honorary role on Asgard and other Aesirian planets) Overall leader: C13: Sigurd. PTH: Viddall

Valkyries: This is an entirely woman orginization. Their armor is red with gold trim, like the Beserks and Einherjar their cape is red with a gold hem, for real formal occasions Valkyries wear skirts. Valkyries are Odin's messangers, watchers, hunters, intell among other things. Again highly skilled. Becoming a Valkyrie is like an Einherjar. New Valkyries are chosen by the leaders of the Valkyries (Odin's daughters). Overall leader: C13: Brunhilde, PTH: Svafa.

I may do military ranks and actual orginization of the military later.

no ale 'til drunk."
Old 10-13-2004, 06:12 PM   #110
jokemaster
The master of jokes

Roleplayer 
Me is confused

Old 10-13-2004, 06:16 PM   #111
Admiral
Ruler of Valhalla

Roleplayer 
About what JM?

no ale 'til drunk."
Old 10-13-2004, 06:35 PM   #112
jokemaster
The master of jokes

Roleplayer 
You guys talkin' bout the same order or different ones?

Old 10-13-2004, 06:45 PM   #113
Admiral
Ruler of Valhalla

Roleplayer 
Seperate groups JM.

My post, Emperor down is about how the Aesir set up their government. And a brief description of the military forces.

no ale 'til drunk."
Old 10-13-2004, 06:49 PM   #114
jokemaster
The master of jokes

Roleplayer 
ok thanks

Old 10-15-2004, 02:59 AM   #115
BattleDog
Terrible in War

Roleplayer 
Admiral, yes. I think you have it.

Fly Fast,
Shoot Straight,
Live Long!
Old 10-18-2004, 03:01 PM   #116
Redwing
thedeadlymoose

BD: I don't mean it's a power of the Dark Side. I mean, a technique for creating fireballs through the Force doesn't exist that I know of.

Quote:
Originally posted by Scar Da Kookee
((I think red was questioning weither or not that would Hal resort to something like that inorder to create something like that.

IE: if a jedi needed to use the dark side to defend himself, someone would need to be pretty desprite, imho ^_^ ))

Uh, no, see above.

I can easily believe that Hal would resort to the Dark Side to defend himself. I mean after all, he isn't exactly stable

Old 10-18-2004, 04:10 PM   #117
Kuuki
ZOMG It's Kookee!

well i was jsut stating it

meh, sometimes i just need more descriptive wording from more people to make up my mind

Old 10-19-2004, 01:15 AM   #118
BattleDog
Terrible in War

Roleplayer 
Red: Fireball is perhaps the wrong word. Think of it more as a ball of intense heat and light energy.

As to the darkside issue, no specific use of the force is "light" or "dark" even force lightning can be used be a jedi, though obviously not on people. The key is intent, Hal was preparing to defend himself, albeit in an aggressive manner. Besides he wouldn't have used them on living people. His mindset about these Sith is more like the Obi-Wan and the battle droids.

Fly Fast,
Shoot Straight,
Live Long!

Last edited by BattleDog; 10-19-2004 at 12:14 PM.
Old 10-19-2004, 04:08 AM   #119
Kuuki
ZOMG It's Kookee!

*pokes fun*

specific

force

lightning

Old 10-20-2004, 08:03 PM   #120
Redwing
thedeadlymoose

Exclamation

First, note this little fight is not going to last very long. (Or Admiral will kill me.) So this is really all for just one or two posts or so.

Okay, what the attackers can do, and what you can do to them: (Assuming as well you know who's attacking you from my post/s XD)

For Everyone:

They are all resistant to telekinesis, so you can't Force-pull guns, etc, away. Force powers may or may not work, so don't post assuming they do.

1) Eudoxia: (Guy's sister) Blasters will bounce off leaving a small burn. Same for lightsabers. Using physical force on her is unlikely to work, she's very strong.

2) Kyrill: (Guy's brother) See Eudoxia.

3) White Trenchcoat Man: Blasters will harm him, and so will lightsabers, but good luck hitting him. He is very fast and agile. Plus he can defy gravity (walk on perpendicular surfaces). Get hit by his bullets, and you're screwed [they're enchanted and will severely injure you.]

4) Elf With Satchel and Wand: Blaster bolts will bounce off. Don't expect to safely get within melee range.

5) Gray Armor Being: Basically a tank. Blasters, lightsaber useless. Slower than the others, though.

6) Lizardman: Shielded. Hit him, you get zapped. Blaster bolts bounce off.

7) Girl In Blue: Blaster-shielded. Don't expect to safely get within melee range.

8) Dark Elf: See above.

9/10) Orcs: Blaster-shielded. Morningstar is enchanted, a hit will stun, and it can't be cut by a lightsaber. The stun-gun...well...stuns. Less so if you're a Force user.

11) Animals: Are armored, can't be easily injured, except in the mouth, etc. The Force will work on them but they are fierce brutes so it may not do as good of a job as you might think.

12) Yellow Gargoyle: There's a shield based in his shoulder cannon. Getting hit by the cannon shots would have about the same effect as having a whole string of blaster bolts pumped into you. (Hence pulse cannon)

Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > RogueSquadron.net > 1. Community > RSRP > Cantina 6: PTH Part V Revenge (Discussion)