lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Your Coolest SWB Gameplay Moment
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 09-23-2004, 05:59 AM   #41
Vezner

When I first got in an AT-AT walker and began my march toward echo base. I've been waiting for years to be able to control an AT-AT walker.

-- I support George W. Bush and the USA.
-- I support the troops that are fighting and dying for our Freedom!
-- Free speech refers to political and religious rights...
NOT THE RIGHT TO BE PROFANE IN PUBLIC!
-- Christians have rights of expression too.
-- Star Wars Fan since 1979.

http://dwp.bigplanet.com/vezner1

Do you think EA is crap because they buy your favorite developer and then destroy it (ie Westwood and Origin)? Then click on this link and show your support for those who are against EA:http://gamersagainsteagames.com/
Vezner is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-23-2004, 06:11 AM   #42
Pad
.¬¬.

LFN Staff Member Forum Veteran 
* stealth merge *
Pad is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-23-2004, 06:30 AM   #43
thejeditraitor

i played on hoth as the empire and we beat them back to the shield generator. as a darktrooper i ran into the hangar ready to fight but it's empty, no speeders, nothin.
2 snowspeeders spawn right then so i grab one and start fighting the other snowspeeders with their own ship!
thejeditraitor is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-23-2004, 06:35 AM   #44
Scavenger
Rookie

just a sec, how do you disguise yourself as a enemy to sneak in? i thought this was possible..am i right?
Scavenger is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-23-2004, 06:50 AM   #45
Coloured Albino

sweet

[color=blue,2,300]The Colored Albino, Offical Comic Relief[/color]
Bert is Evil!
Coloured Albino is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-23-2004, 08:21 AM   #46
aunt_jemima
Lurker

asking a group of teamates to "follow me" and then accidentally falling off a ledge to my death, only to see them fall off and die in front of me one by one.

That was teh funny.
aunt_jemima is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-23-2004, 08:52 AM   #47
Boes
Lurker

Quote:
Originally posted by aunt_jemima
asking a group of teamates to "follow me" and then accidentally falling off a ledge to my death, only to see them fall off and die in front of me one by one.

That was teh funny.
ROFL, I can just see it happen :P
Boes is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-23-2004, 09:54 AM   #48
Scavenger
Rookie

hello? i had a question!
Old 09-23-2004, 10:54 AM   #49
Mountainforest
<insert high rank here>

Not very much, but I once stood in a side passage of a corridor. Red en blue laserfire flashed in front of me to the left and the riight, so I wasn't able to get around the corner to start shooting myself.

It are those small things that make me really feel I actually am in a starwars battle.

Minister of Outer Rim Garrison, a Dutch multigame clan
Website - Forums - Email
Mountainforest is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-23-2004, 11:38 AM   #50
dead_ox
Lurker

OMG!!! I don't know what to think!

Reading things like this, I don't know what to think! When I think about how i won't be able to get the game til at least Oct. 5, i feel like i hate both the game and you guys (lol). But when i think how much it'll r0x0r once i get the game, IT RULES!!!

I sense a great disturbance in my pants
dead_ox is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-23-2004, 11:52 AM   #51
pat_thetic
Rookie

Does anyone have a list of the maps?

Patrikc-Chilastra's best smuggler!
pat_thetic is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-23-2004, 12:00 PM   #52
Iceman_IX

Killing 43 people in Hoth by being the gunner of an AT-AT. The second most guy was 17 kills.

XFire id: icemanix
NF7 | MBarton 2500 200x12.5 @1.875v
OCZ3200EL 2x256+512 @11-3-3-2
eVGA 6800GT | SB Live 5.1
Antec 430 | SLK-900 @53C load
Iiyama E431S | XDreamerII @30C
3dMark05: 4111
nForcersHQ
Iceman_IX is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-23-2004, 12:05 PM   #53
Jaden Malip

Quote:
Originally posted by Iceman_IX
Killing 43 people in Hoth by being the gunner of an AT-AT. The second most guy was 17 kills.
NICE!!!
Jaden Malip is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-23-2004, 02:16 PM   #54
Darth Chuckles

I have two.

I've gotten nasty with strafing runs in starfighters. There's nothing like soaring in and rattling the ground with blaster fire. It's especially awesome in cockpit mode and the enemy sees you coming... because you see the ground zooming in on you and the enemies all frantically dive-rolling out of the way because they don't want to get death-from-above'd.

The other is AT-ST hunting on Endor as a Rebel Vanguard. Hide in a bush near a tree, wait for one to lumber by... lock on, and FIRE! *blam blam* - the walker turns and fires back... hurry! duck behind the tree while reloading... duck out, fire again, dive-roll back in, just narrowly being missed... makes you feel like a real Rebel guerilla.

think I won't be getting any sleep tonight, either...

Darth Chuckles
Bored of the Sith
Zone Name: Doomtrooper1
Darth Chuckles is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-23-2004, 04:24 PM   #55
thejeditraitor

the sarlacc grabbing multiple people at the same time and that crazy noise it makes when you're next to it.
Old 09-23-2004, 04:55 PM   #56
MastaPlo
Lurker

i want to get the game so bad all ur good times are makin me drool over the game should have it tommorrow ill make a thread sometime tommorrow and i need ppl to tell me servers to play on and all that wid x box live and put a few ppl on my friends list , personal message me or email me at zachari1389@netscape.net, tt yall later gotta get some sleep if im goin to to go tommorrow

Z Jizzle
MastaPlo is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-23-2004, 09:43 PM   #57
Decepticon
Banned

one word....overrated
Decepticon is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-23-2004, 10:51 PM   #58
xDarkRainx7
Lurker

single greatest moment...

i started the map Kashyyyk(sp?) islands... ganked a republic gunship, flew it over a confederate base, hovered it there, got in the turret and blazing away at the droids below me...

the best part was I was the only one in the ship.... and i did that about 4-5 times b4 some one noticed what was going on...lol

xDarkRainx7 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-24-2004, 03:57 AM   #59
0MERCURY0
Rookie

I was zooming around on a speeder on tatooine and I flew up a hill and landed right on luke skywalker , I thaught oh crap hes doin to get up and kill me but then it said MERCURY killed LUKE .priceless

At last we will reveal ourselves to the Trekkies. At last we will have our Revenge
0MERCURY0 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-24-2004, 09:01 AM   #60
rut-wa jodar

Taking down an AT-AT with 2 other bot controlled snowspeeders+Tow cables, at the sametime. Funny as hell to see star wars style, morris dancing

I`ve bent my
rut-wa jodar is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-24-2004, 07:37 PM   #61
thejeditraitor

finally got my buddy over to play split-screen and we wrapped up some at-ats.

awesome!

the last time me and buddy were towing the line there were 2 other snowspeeders doing it too.

triple awesome!
Old 09-24-2004, 09:52 PM   #62
papa zero
Rookie

I cornered Mace Windu on Tatooine with a tank... I kept blasting him silly until I just got tired of it. It was quite fun seeing him being tossed about helplessly. So far as I can tell in my own game experience you can't kill a jedi - though I've seen many posts to the contrary.
papa zero is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-24-2004, 10:14 PM   #63
Orichifunk
Rookie

Quote:
Originally posted by Decepticon
one word....overrated
Come on man, seriously, get over yourself! Here's a thread where you're supposed to focus on the positive things about this game, and it's quite obvious to me that you're disappointed with the game like sooo many out there reading your other posts where you whine like a baby. Please, YES, I know games with bugs are no fun for everyone, but having people whine over it only makes it worse! So please, let people have a good time here with a game that they enjoy without being dragged down by some negative person who has nothing else to do than to complain.

On-topic, I haven't gotten the game yet, but when I will (hopefully today), I'll sure to post some cool moments!

~ Orichifunk
Orichifunk is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-24-2004, 11:00 PM   #64
rut-wa jodar

Quote:
Originally posted by Decepticon
one word....overrated

You are truly a celebration of stupidity.

I`ve bent my
rut-wa jodar is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-25-2004, 01:58 AM   #65
Evil Dark Jedi
The Dark Side pwns!

Quote:
Originally posted by Scavenger
hello? i had a question!
I will answer your question!!!!!!

No the disguise got taken out (oh well)

Sig encountering technical difficulties...
Evil Dark Jedi is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-25-2004, 02:12 AM   #66
Scavenger
Rookie

ahhhh crap, im a typical spy-guy
Old 09-25-2004, 03:29 AM   #67
dead_ox
Lurker

Dude, no.

Quote:
ahhhh crap, im a typical spy-guy
I'm sure this sounded really kewl when you said it in your head, but dude, that's one of the corniest things i've ever heard.

P.S. still dont have the game

I sense a great disturbance in my pants
dead_ox is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-25-2004, 03:40 AM   #68
Scavenger
Rookie

Re: Dude, no.

Quote:
Originally posted by dead_ox
I'm sure this sounded really kewl when you said it in your head, but dude, that's one of the corniest things i've ever heard.
why exactly, do you care? if you can say it better, plus i didnt say it in my head
Old 09-25-2004, 08:42 AM   #69
Tie Pilot
Rookie

I have many, many but heres two. Both are online.

Me and my friend were playing on Bespin Platforms during the clone Wars era. Server was about 34/40 (all real people!). So we joined the Republic and we both became clone Jet Pack troopers (They ROCK soooo much). We find two Jedi Starfighters and we take one each. We fly about blasting Seperatists out of the air then we land on one of the domes. We kept using our Jetpacks to zip from dome to dome. Go in through the roof neutrilize AA gunners then take the points. Was sooooo much fun.

The second one was in the Dune sea as rebels. Same server with same numbers. I was a Rebel Markswoman, things were geting abit heated by the sarlacc so I hid behind a rock and watched as imp players were swallowed whole. Hehehe. Finally my friend catches up with a skiff as a rebel trooper and he starts gunning down imps running over the hill while I engage in sniper duels.
A tie fighter basically skimmed the ground and set his skiff on fire so he jumps out and joins me behind the rocks. We sit there pinned down by Stormies and we throw Grenades out and make potshots while the Star Wars music plays. Finally we escape and we find ourselvs facing an At St.... We ran.

This game oozes with Star wars atmosphere.

Aye your ma.
Tie Pilot is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-25-2004, 10:30 AM   #70
Burrie

One of my favorite moments would have to be one of my earlier ones at Kashyyk, the one with the docks on both sides. The rebels controlled all the docks, but the landing, the location between the docks near the beach, had been taken over by the Empire. Overall, the Rebels and the Empire were pretty much at a stalemate. Although we Rebels were able to hold them off, the Empire would keep on sending in troopers to harass us, and AT-STs would arrive from time to time which would cause even greater damage, sometimes leading to the Rebels losing a base for a few minutes(but it would often be recaptured as I'd take down the AT-ST with a few well-placed rockets)

At some point, I simply wanted to break this stalemate, so I switched over as a normal soldier, and as I ran to the landing, I shouted to as many AI Bots to follow me. So I have a small force with me when we finally engage the enemy at the landing. A quick, but brutal battle fought, and frankly, the rebels were losing. Especially with an approaching AT-ST, things looked pretty dim. When I saw that we were about as good as dead(as was my soldier), I decided to go for a 'going-down-fighting' scenario and ran away from my cover. At that moment, I noticed that the AT-ST had stopped, and the soldiers had disembarked. Figuring that I had very little to loose, I made a dash for the AT-ST... and bloody took it over. Before the nearby soldiers knew what was going on, I trampled them, and then easily took care of the other troopers. After blasting as many troopers as I can(and with the help of some rebel reinforcements as well), the Empire lost the landing point, and at that point, they pretty well lost.

It was such an incredible moment, bloody good timing, and if I hadn't known better, I would've said that it was scripted. It was the typical 'hero-who-does-something-tricky-to-turn-the-tide-of-the-battle' moment, and I loved it.
Burrie is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-25-2004, 10:45 AM   #71
st.jimmy
Rookie

i was just playing in a server i walked into a controll point of the other team and they didnt know i was there standing right in the middle, i killed them all wahhhhhhhhhhhhh
st.jimmy is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-25-2004, 11:16 AM   #72
Orichifunk
Rookie

My greatest moment would be online on Hoth. I was an Imp Dark Trooper as a Speeder landed near our base to repair himself. He didn't see me, so I blasted him, and took his speeder and proceeded to wipe out everything of infantry I could see! Too bad I got disconnected very shortly afterwards.

~ Orichifunk
Orichifunk is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-25-2004, 04:55 PM   #73
Darth Chuckles

I have two more.

Snowspeeder detail on Hoth. Everyone seems to think AT-ATs are trivial to take down... and they are, unless someone's actually sticking with the damn things as a Shock Trooper.

Lock on... FIRE! *fweeoooo... BOOM!*

and the lovely sight of a snowspeed rocketing into the snow-covered hill. Last night it was even funnier... I hit one and the walker also managed to wing it. It soared over my head and hit the ground like ten feet away.

Of course, the walkers are also vulnerable to a few well-placed mines. Charge in, blow away the troopers coming from it, then drop all four right in front of it. It's no lightsaber-and-grapple combo but taking out a walker by yourself... woo.

I also like to play as the Rebel marksman on Hoth. Getting in a trench and just picking off the hordes of troopers swarming in. *bang!* dropped. *bang!* dropped. *bang!* dropped. Quick! reload! *bang!* dropped.

I love this game.

Darth Chuckles
Bored of the Sith
Zone Name: Doomtrooper1
Darth Chuckles is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-25-2004, 07:09 PM   #74
thejeditraitor

playing the city of theed last night and kept getting in the battle speeder. i took out 60 guys with that thing.

also the imperial tank. once you get a guy to join you in the turret you can take out a massive amount of foes.

EDIT: oh, and i also finally got an a.i. dude to help me tangle up an at-at and i destroyed an at-at with an orbital strike.
Old 09-25-2004, 08:39 PM   #75
PBF
Rookie

Sniping in Mos Eisley, I had a scout trooper in my sights. I squeezed the trigger twice and just then a Stormtrooper cut across the path and was taken out with the first shot, while the scout trooper bought it with the second!

"Is that you in that beautiful car? Geez, what a waste of machinery!"
PBF is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-25-2004, 10:10 PM   #76
JediGreenLizard
Rookie

When I called for a bot to hop in my snow speeder, and it was a Wookie that sat in the rear seat and as I flew off I noticed his head was sticking out the top of the snow speeder !! Looked hilarious !! I love this game !!!!
JediGreenLizard is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-25-2004, 10:35 PM   #77
Evil Dark Jedi
The Dark Side pwns!

I have a few more now.

1. I started a battle on geonosis and about half way threw I found that there were about 50 droids were swarming the main base of the clones. So as I was near the place I got into a gunship that spawned by me and flew up and pointed it down and just kept blasting the droids. Very fun.

Q: Is the Geonosian Starfighter still in?

2. On Ren Var I was the Imps and a Dark Trooper. I spawned near the AT-AT and got in. I just took down every rebel there was and I succed in finding the final rebel who was a sniper hiding in the ice caves.

Old 09-26-2004, 11:32 PM   #78
thejeditraitor

i was blown up into the air. i was still alive but i was flipping end over end and i went straight into the sarlaac pit!
Old 09-27-2004, 05:00 AM   #79
Geneysis
Lurker

Has to be taking out an AT-AT with cables - 'The movie just came to life!'

Geneysis
www.monkehs.com
Geneysis is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-27-2004, 05:02 AM   #80
Evil Dark Jedi
The Dark Side pwns!

Quote:
Originally posted by thejeditraitor
i was blown up into the air. i was still alive but i was flipping end over end and i went straight into the sarlaac pit!
Wow I might try and get myself to do that on purpose.

Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > SWBattlefront.net (SWBF I & II) > Star Wars Battlefront > General Discussion > Your Coolest SWB Gameplay Moment