lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: [Updated]Revans Mask Plus+ 2.0
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 11-11-2004, 10:15 PM   #41
SpaceAlex
Forumite

Forum Veteran 
Great mod T7. I'm liking it.
My only complaint is the missing belt on the male Revan robes. Is there a way i can add it?

SpaceAlex is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-12-2004, 12:25 AM   #42
T7nowhere
Did you reset?

Veteran Modder Forum Veteran Helpful! Notable contributor 
You can if you understand how to use gmax or if you are willing to learn. Look to this thread to learn how i made Revans robes the way they are.

I can't tell you how many request I have recieved to either remove the belt from the female or add it to the male. I have promised to remove the belt on the female for someone for there mod, but i would prefer not to continuely make make changes to that model. It cuts into the time I have to make other mods
T7nowhere is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-12-2004, 01:20 AM   #43
SpaceAlex
Forumite

Forum Veteran 
Quote:
Originally posted by T7nowhere
You can if you understand how to use gmax or if you are willing to learn. Look to this thread to learn how i made Revans robes the way they are.

I can't tell you how many request I have recieved to either remove the belt from the female or add it to the male. I have promised to remove the belt on the female for someone for there mod, but i would prefer not to continuely make make changes to that model. It cuts into the time I have to make other mods
I understand. You did a great job on the robes. The best thing to do would be to make male and female version with the belt and without the belt. That way everyone would be happy.

Edit: I would have done it myself, but i don't know a thing about 3d modelling. To learn everything just to add a belt is something i can't afford at the present time. I have too many other things to do right now, so i can't get into modding jet. Not for a few months at least. I would like to learn though, but there's just no time.

Last edited by SpaceAlex; 11-12-2004 at 02:08 AM.
Old 11-12-2004, 07:36 PM   #44
T7nowhere
Did you reset?

OK as promissed I added the belt to the male and removed it from the female Revan. combinned with the original files you now have a choice as to wether or not you want the belt. The rar file includes a male Revan model with the belt and a female Revan without the belt.

Download
Old 11-12-2004, 08:09 PM   #45
RedHawke
Shadow Lord Of The Sith™

Current Game: DDO, Stormreach
Thanks for adding the belt back to the male Revan model T7! You are a gentleman and a scholar!

"Beware the form-fitting black armor-clad Drow hottie with twin Mineral II Greensteel Khopeshes!"
"Liella d'Orien says, '"You're the fool, Devil. -- Witness the power of this fully ARMED and OPERATIONAL Titan!"'"
----------------------------------------------------------------------
RedHawke is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-12-2004, 08:14 PM   #46
T7nowhere
Did you reset?

Oh i keep forgetting to mention that if anyone wants to use the Revan Robes model in your mod feel free to do so with out asking me for permission all i ask is credit for the work i did.

However I would still prefer to be asked before the mask I made is included in another mod.
Old 11-13-2004, 06:02 AM   #47
Mono_Giganto
Giant Monkey of Doom™

Current Game: Baldur's Gate EE
Veteran Modder Helpful! 
Quote:
OK as promissed I added the belt to the male and removed it from the female Revan. combinned with the original files you now have a choice as to wether or not you want the belt. The rar file includes a male Revan model with the belt and a female Revan without the belt.

Download
Saves me the hour it would take to do it myself, excellent job T7!

Mono_Giganto is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-13-2004, 01:06 PM   #48
SpaceAlex
Forumite

Forum Veteran 
Quote:

Download
Thanks man. You rock.

Old 11-16-2004, 10:38 AM   #49
T7nowhere
Did you reset?

Ok this is a bit embarrassing, it seems I forgot to include the shader txi for the mask in the .rar . Well I repacked the mod with the txi so you can either redownload it or you can just DL this file(txi) and drop it in override and the mask will be shiny now.
Old 11-26-2004, 08:49 AM   #50
su27
Rookie

Could You give here a short description what should I add to my custom appearance and head 2da's ?
I've tried to add some lines from your files but I cant get it working.
I have (a little customised by me) 2da files from Juhani Dark Robe & Sanctuary Threads Mod.
su27 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-26-2004, 12:30 PM   #51
T7nowhere
Did you reset?

Quote:
Originally posted by su27
Could You give here a short description what should I add to my custom appearance and head 2da's ?
I've tried to add some lines from your files but I cant get it working.
I have (a little customised by me) 2da files from Juhani Dark Robe & Sanctuary Threads Mod.

Ok first appearance.2da row #592 is the one is the one used by the utc file and that row was copyed from Darth Bandon(row 184)

Now if you don't want to edit Appeance or heads the easy way around it is to edit "darkjedi_rev.utc" (you will need a gff editor to edit this file. you can find one in the Tools and mods stuck) The only thing you need to edit here is "Appearance_Type" an appropriate defualt row to use is

41 Dark_Jedi_Sith_Apprentice
379 Dark_Jedi_Master_01
421 Dark_Jedi_Master_02
422 Dark_Jedi_Master_03

By changing the number in the utc will save you a bit of time and that will render appearance.2da,heads.2da,twilek_m01d.tga, and N_DarthBand05.tga. unnecessary.

However if you want to combine My 2da's with your's you will need to add a new row into your appearance.2da that matches row 592 from my file(ofcourse though the row number will be different)

Now to edit Heads.2da, open the file and goto row 62 and add twilek_m01d.tga into the headexvvve row, the last step is to edit file darkjedi_rev.utc and change "Appearance_Type" to the row number you added into appearance.2da, save the files to override and your done.
Old 12-17-2004, 05:07 PM   #52
Nerull
Lurker

Unhappy Okay, having problems with this

This is the first time I am modding a game, so I guess I shouldn't be surprised I'm having problems. I extracted all of the files into the Override folder, but I am having the following problems:[list=1][*]I am having that problem where Nemo (and Trask, right before he commits suicide) are in all white robes. Minor thing, I ignored it. However...[*]After getting all 4 star maps, I go to the cantina on Korriban, and the only thing that happened was Yuthura was there for a second, then vanished suddenly. No dark jedi.[/list=1]

I've tried extracting again, extracting with the folders and without, and each time leaving the planet and coming back. Still nothing.

I hate to sound like a total noob (well, I am actually, but still hate sounding like one), but could someone help me out with this? I would really like to get this thing working right (I guess I could try to figure out how to cheat in the items, but that would be a last resort).
Nerull is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-17-2004, 07:05 PM   #53
darth makaan
Rookie

awsome will this be included in the next holowan plugin?

Who made you Judge Judy and executioner?
darth makaan is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-18-2004, 08:21 AM   #54
T7nowhere
Did you reset?

Re: Okay, having problems with this

Quote:
Originally posted by Nerull
This is the first time I am modding a game, so I guess I shouldn't be surprised I'm having problems. I extracted all of the files into the Override folder, but I am having the following problems:[list=1][*]I am having that problem where Nemo (and Trask, right before he commits suicide) are in all white robes. Minor thing, I ignored it. However...[*]After getting all 4 star maps, I go to the cantina on Korriban, and the only thing that happened was Yuthura was there for a second, then vanished suddenly. No dark jedi.[/list=1]

I've tried extracting again, extracting with the folders and without, and each time leaving the planet and coming back. Still nothing.

I hate to sound like a total noob (well, I am actually, but still hate sounding like one), but could someone help me out with this? I would really like to get this thing working right (I guess I could try to figure out how to cheat in the items, but that would be a last resort).
I might have a fix for the problem of the Dark Jedi Not showing. Darth333 gave me the script that should fix it I just have to find the right globals. If you have a savegame right before that glitch happend It could be usefull to me.

As for the problems with Trask and Nemo you can fix it if you install Holowan plug-in then install this mod over top of it( overwriting all files.

Quote:
awsome will this be included in the next holowan plugin?
You Can install this mod over Holowan plug-in.
Old 12-18-2004, 09:20 AM   #55
Renegade Angel
The Darkside Has Cookies!

When I install the mod all my robes are replaced with Revan's Robes but the hood is round, my character stands like a girl, and
my robes are kinda like clothes (its kind of hard to eplain)

98 percent of the teenage population has tried some type of drug or underage drinking at some point. Put this in your sig if you like potatoes.
Renegade Angel is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-18-2004, 12:09 PM   #56
T7nowhere
Did you reset?

Quote:
Originally posted by Chains
When I install the mod all my robes are replaced with Revan's Robes but the hood is round, my character stands like a girl, and
my robes are kinda like clothes (its kind of hard to eplain)
Well all I can say to that is either you combined the appearance.2da incorrectly or or just don't like the robes. In that case I suggest that you just don't use them. the mask looks pretty good with armor.
Old 12-18-2004, 02:57 PM   #57
StoneDragon
Rookie

Quote:
Ok first appearance.2da row #592 is the one is the one used by the utc file and that row was copyed from Darth Bandon(row 184)

Now if you don't want to edit Appeance or heads the easy way around it is to edit "darkjedi_rev.utc" (you will need a gff editor to edit this file. you can find one in the Tools and mods stuck) The only thing you need to edit here is "Appearance_Type" an appropriate defualt row to use is

379 Dark_Jedi_Master_01
421 Dark_Jedi_Master_02
422 Dark_Jedi_Master_03

By changing the number in the utc will save you a bit of time and that will render appearance.2da,heads.2da,twilek_m01d.tga, and N_DarthBand05.tga. unnecessary.

However if you want to combine My 2da's with your's you will need to add a new row into your appearance.2da that matches row 592 from my file(ofcourse though the row number will be different)

Now to edit Heads.2da, open the file and goto row 62 and add twilek_m01d.tga into the headexvvve row, the last step is to edit file darkjedi_rev.utc and change "Appearance_Type" to the row number you added into appearance.2da, save the files to override and your done.
I'm confuse about the GFF thing.

LOTR and SW fan.

"We will die fighting with honor not with jealousy or for the lust of blood but for our love ones and for the innocent."

Hardcore gamer.

http://lauren.barelyfitz.com/pics/matrix-laugh.jpg

http://www.feebleminds-gifs.com/heart2.gif
StoneDragon is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-18-2004, 03:00 PM   #58
Renegade Angel
The Darkside Has Cookies!

Oh I didnt think of that!

98 percent of the teenage population has tried some type of drug or underage drinking at some point. Put this in your sig if you like potatoes.
Renegade Angel is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-18-2004, 03:30 PM   #59
ChAiNz.2da
Leave Everything to Me!

Quote:
Originally posted by StoneDragon
I'm confuse about the GFF thing.
Check this for a visual reference. It sometimes helps to "see" an example.

Click here for a visual (57kb)

"Eagles May Soar, But Weasels Don't Get Sucked Into Jet Engines"

| Mods (FF) (DS) | Folding | SWK.com | FB: (LF) (Me) | Steam | The Herd |
ChAiNz.2da is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-18-2004, 03:39 PM   #60
StoneDragon
Rookie

Quote:
Originally posted by ChAiNz
Check this for a visual reference. It sometimes helps to "see" an example.

Click here for a visual (57kb)
Eh, but I don't have line 592, so what will I do?

LOTR and SW fan.

"We will die fighting with honor not with jealousy or for the lust of blood but for our love ones and for the innocent."

Hardcore gamer.

Old 12-18-2004, 05:32 PM   #61
darth makaan
Rookie

is there gonna be a new version of it?

Who made you Judge Judy and executioner?
darth makaan is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-18-2004, 06:27 PM   #62
StoneDragon
Rookie

Quote:

379 Dark_Jedi_Master_01
421 Dark_Jedi_Master_02
422 Dark_Jedi_Master_03

If I edit 592 to 41, 379, or 421 then it will be ok?Right?

Quote:

Now I don't understan this part. What row do I need to add?

LOTR and SW fan.

Hardcore gamer.

Old 12-18-2004, 11:44 PM   #63
T7nowhere
Did you reset?

Open up the appearance .2da you want to keep and scroll down to the bottom of the list. thats where you ad the new line. so if the last row in the list is 509 the new row will 510. This number is what you would the appearance type node in the utc as ChAiNz so perfectly Illistrated.

It should also be noted that I also edited the columns modelj and texj for all the PC rows, so you willnee to edit this as well.

To save yourself some time findout what appearance.2da row your character is useing. This can be accomplished by checking your savegame with KSE(KotOR Savegame Editor ) http://www.pcgamemods.com/9170/
Old 12-19-2004, 07:15 AM   #64
StoneDragon
Rookie

Ok, here's what I'm doing.
(In override)
I extract the 2da on the override then open it with KT tool.

(In KT tool)
I open the 2da and compare it with the override 2da then add what is in the override 2da.

It's hard cause there is so many to add, specially when Im doing it with the appearance. 2da.

I have so many to add in the mask plus.

How do I copy and paste the 2da to another 2da with KT tool?

LOTR and SW fan.

Hardcore gamer.

Old 12-19-2004, 10:28 AM   #65
ChAiNz.2da
Leave Everything to Me!

Quote:
Originally posted by StoneDragon
It's hard cause there is so many to add, specially when Im doing it with the appearance. 2da.

I have so many to add in the mask plus.

How do I copy and paste the 2da to another 2da with KT tool?
It might be easier to use the Mask+ appearance.2da and just add your lines to it.

Unfortunately, we can't copy & paste between 2 different .2da files (at the moment...hey Fred, would this possible in a future edition?)

::EDIT::
SWEEET, my new username has been changed hehehe

Old 12-19-2004, 11:03 AM   #66
90SK
Universal Figment

Current Game: Tetris
Quote:
Originally posted by ChAiNz.2da

Tee hee! At first I thought someone had registered as that and I was thinking "Oh boy, this is going to raise hell" but I see it was just you. Nifty!

90SK is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-19-2004, 11:17 AM   #67
Mono_Giganto
Giant Monkey of Doom™

Current Game: Baldur's Gate EE
Veteran Modder Helpful! 
Quote:

Don't forget to fix the avatar.

Lol, check out the 1337n3s5 in my post count.

Last edited by Mono_Giganto; 12-19-2004 at 12:26 PM.
Mono_Giganto is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-19-2004, 11:26 AM   #68
StoneDragon
Rookie

Quote:
It might be easier to use the Mask+ appearance.2da and just add your lines to it.

Unfortunately, we can't copy & paste between 2 different .2da files (at the moment...hey Fred, would this possible in a future edition?)

Ohhhhhhhhhh....

LOTR and SW fan.

Hardcore gamer.

Old 12-19-2004, 11:34 AM   #69
Nerull
Lurker

Re: Re: Okay, having problems with this

Quote:
I might have a fix for the problem of the Dark Jedi Not showing. Darth333 gave me the script that should fix it I just have to find the right globals. If you have a savegame right before that glitch happend It could be usefull to me.

As for the problems with Trask and Nemo you can fix it if you install Holowan plug-in then install this mod over top of it( overwriting all files.

You Can install this mod over Holowan plug-in.
I have a copy of save game. I tried to PM you for the email address to send it, but your mailbox is full.
Old 12-19-2004, 02:45 PM   #70
T7nowhere
Did you reset?

ok my inbox is clear. My email is in the readme, Just pack the save game then send it to me.
Old 12-19-2004, 05:42 PM   #71
Nerull
Lurker

Quote:
ok my inbox is clear. My email is in the readme, Just pack the save game then send it to me.
Thanks. I zipped and sent to you. I do have the Padawan mod added as well, but I installed that one first, then the Mask Plus.
Old 01-29-2005, 05:44 PM   #72
Janan Pacha
Rookie

Hhmmm . . . I was going to try it out, but apparently my trial is up and won't let me open rar files anymore until I dish out money.

An idea that is not dangerous is unworthy of being called an idea at all.” - Oscar Wilde
Janan Pacha is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-29-2005, 07:55 PM   #73
Darth Stryke

Quick question-what line in appearance.2da do I need to fix to make Nemo look normal? I am temporarily on 56k (ugh) so I cannot get the Halowan mod yet. Takes too long to D/L

"Never argue with a fool, for he could be doing the same."
Darth Stryke is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-30-2005, 01:13 AM   #74
ChAiNz.2da
Leave Everything to Me!

Quote:
Originally posted by BoL_Stryke
Quick question-what line in appearance.2da do I need to fix to make Nemo look normal? I am temporarily on 56k (ugh) so I cannot get the Halowan mod yet. Takes too long to D/L
I believe (with uncertainty ) it's #303, Jedi_White_Old_Male
The modela, texa -> modeli, texi columns (all 18) should have the values "N_JediCounM" & envmap=DEFAULT

Old 01-30-2005, 08:32 AM   #75
Darth Stryke

AAHHHH, That is wierd! I thought it was that as well Chainz, but then I did the change and on character creation, my character's heads show up as random aliens. T7, what did you do to poor Nemo! He already had it hard enough, ahhhhhh. Anyways, changing that did not work, I got random aliens on character creation class select menu and then when I click portrait, the game usually crashed because there is a random alien there. I guess I will play around with it for a bit and see what's up.

Old 01-30-2005, 09:30 AM   #76
ChAiNz.2da
Leave Everything to Me!

Quote:
AAHHHH, That is wierd! I thought it was that as well Chainz, but then I did the change and on character creation, my character's heads show up as random aliens. T7, what did you do to poor Nemo! He already had it hard enough, ahhhhhh. Anyways, changing that did not work, I got random aliens on character creation class select menu and then when I click portrait, the game usually crashed because there is a random alien there. I guess I will play around with it for a bit and see what's up.
Well that's just plain weird

If you want, I can send you my appearance.2da, It's compatible with quite a few mods. Though not AIOFP or Holowan Plug-in (I know, I know...blasphemy! shoot me now...)

OR, if you have specifics in mind, let me know. I may have already created it...

Though I do commend you in taking the steps and editing the .2da's yourself, Kudos!

Now...if we can just spread the word... heh

Old 01-30-2005, 09:53 AM   #77
Darth Stryke

Well, you forget Chainz, I have been around since the old days of KOTOR editing. I know how to do 2da's and uti's and hex editing and scripting (somewhat) and stuff like that. I was around when we were figuring all this stuff out, man that was a long time ago. Been doing that for a while now, since this forum started really. I just took a long break and probably seem like a noob because I am not good with GMAX so I had to ask a billion questions about getting my model in-game. Gosh, with the combination of mods I use, id never be able to play if I did not know how to make them all work together. The reason I asked what Nemo's appearance line was because when I changed it it messed up and I was making sure I did not forget anything. Looking in T7's appearance 2da that came with this mod, he changed something that messed Nemo up and as of right now, I am not sure how to fix it because changing that appearance line messes with the PC. Hopefully he will see this soon enough and let me know whats going on since I can't really download the Halowan mod on 56k unless I just connect and go do something else for a few hours. (Can't wait for Cable)

Old 01-30-2005, 10:26 AM   #78
ChAiNz.2da
Leave Everything to Me!

Quote:
Well, you forget Chainz, I have been around since the old days of KOTOR editing. I know how to do 2da's and uti's and hex editing and scripting (somewhat) and stuff like that. I was around when we were figuring all this stuff out, man that was a long time ago. Been doing that for a while now, since this forum started really.
Ahh...forgive my lingering n00bness, (DOH!) and thank you for 'being around' to figure this stuff out, giving people such as myself the ability to mod...
Should've known better than to "assume by post count".. Let his be a lesson to others!

In any case, good luck with your problem, and if I stumble upon an answer, I'll be sure to let you know.

Old 01-30-2005, 11:17 AM   #79
Darth Stryke

Hey, it is not a big deal. My post count is lower than the other old posters because I took a hiatus from KOTOR modding because I was working with some other games and I realized they were not as fun anyways and so I came back to KOTOR (especially with TSL coming) When I came back I actually had to re-read some old stuff just because I was rusty and did not remember a lot. I have been lurking around but, until recently, had not been posting in a long time. Besides, 99 percent of the people here (you definitely included) are still better modders than I since all I learned was the basics and then did not touch KOTOR for a while Speaking of which, as soon as this paper I am working on is done, I have to finish my new saber mod thingy. Wonder if I still have any of my old mods lying around I could post on pcgamemods....

Old 01-30-2005, 02:03 PM   #80
T7nowhere
Did you reset?

tssk, tssk, tssk Somebody did not read this entire thread. The reason nemo has no texture was because in the Holowan Plug-in I gave him One of Primes Movie robe textures(I fogot to fix this. So way back in November I edited a defualt appearance.2da for those that didn't want to use holowan Plug-in

Download and install these files. All that I changed in appearance.2da is the Revan robe column to use my model and the Darkjedi uses a defualt DJ appearence.
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Editing / Modding > Taris Upper City Emporium > [Updated]Revans Mask Plus+ 2.0