lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Got the game? Post your first impressions here!
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 02-15-2005, 08:02 AM   #81
Yaj Enidan
Lurker

First impressions? Well right away I was thinking they had made some great improvements, all of which people have already mentioned. I've played about 16 hours so far.

But after the 'new game glow' wore off, I felt like the game was tedious! I can't believe it...I loved Kotor 1 and thought I'd love this one too. I don't.

I think they tried to make the game feel 'bigger' so they dragged out most of the missions to be huge and it actually just feels like I'm running all the damn time....Boring!!
I don't expect things to be handed to me or have the objective right next door but my god, do I have to run back and fourth between 2,3,4 areas over and over? I left one planet just to try something different, I was so sick of running up and down the same city street.

The conversation cut scenes are screwed up. I'm talking to the back of people's heads about half the time. Or if they just finished fighting or doing somthing, I could be talking to the top right corner of their head and not their face.

Over all they did make some great new improvements but it wasn't finished.

Conclusion...Obsidian is not BioWare.

"Impresive....most impresive"
Yaj Enidan is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-15-2005, 08:59 AM   #82
stingerhs
Follow the Wolves

Current Game: Dead Space
Forum Veteran Roleplayer LFN Staff Member Helpful! 
well, considering the amount of time they spent developing the game, i think they managed to pull it off quite nicely. the environments could use some more graphical detail, and to be frank, the graphics just aren't very impressive.

the gameplay has gotten a bit more complex with some new feats and stuff, but there's nothing overwhelming about it. the only thing i wish is that there would be some consistancy with the difficulty. some area's are filled with baddies that are so difficult, i had to restart several times. then, in other areas that are supposed to be extraordinarily difficult are overwhelmingly easy. i just don't get it....

the sound is impressive, and it has a nice musical score, but sometimes, the music can just suddenly become loud and out of place.

the best part (so far) is the way the storytelling is. its nice to discover things that are happening to your character, but it makes for a more cinematic feel when you see something happening that your pc has no clue about. i just happen to like that better.

overall, i think kotor 1 had a bit more polish around the edges, but TSL is still one of the best rpg's i've ever played.

See the struggle of the faithless lot as they negate their time
How low to sink to the depths of their frame of mind

stingerhs is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-15-2005, 10:03 AM   #83
Adawa Kisai
Lurker

First impression eh?

Well, I like it a whole lot so far. Is it better than Kotor 1? I'll wait until I've finished it two or three times before I decide that. Patch the bugs and it's got a real shot at being my new favorite.

Patch the game Meatbags!
Adawa Kisai is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-15-2005, 03:31 PM   #84
larindom
Lurker

FUNNY

I was in the tomb on Korriban, and had just met with Kreia, when this happens:

https://www.sharemation.com/larindom/ERROR.JPG

spoiler:
All of my friends arrived, and while I had conversation with Kreia, they started killing the animals I had dragged to her (I didn't kill them - just replayed it for kicks)... And they did that while talking to me and Kreia!!! Major fun!! Like some kind of I-can't-get-enough-of-that-wonderful-killing-and-I-can-have-a-serious-conversation-meanwhile-maniacs!! Actually, they gained xp for it... CALL IT MULTITASKING!!

They're in the background fighting animals if you haven't noticed... And then look at my first choice of reply: "What they are doing is wrong. I will stand with you, Kreia."

LOL!!!!!!!!

But hey, I really like the game... It crashed several times for me, because I have an ATI Mobility graphics card, that it couldn't really work with... and, the worst crash in my life happened today, just after
spoiler:
I had killed Scarface at the end of the game: He is about to start talking to me and allow me to go to Kreia, but my last action (kill) got a grip of him while we were out of combat!!!!! It resulted in him standing there, nodding towards me when I tried to talk to him, and I couldn't get out of the room. I was stucked with a scarred mother****er who couldn't speak!!!! He just turned to me, nodded and held his arm like it really really hurt. So, I had to load a game four hours earlier, because I hadn't saved besides quicksaves, and I saved just after I thought I killed him (which I hadn't!!)... That pissed me off, and I was so close to dropping it all, but then, hey, I've played all weekend, now I just have to do two hours repeating... :P... But I managed it... But why is Malachor such a dull place?? And why did I have to fight that Wookie again?? I never used the damn girl!!

But right, I've finished the game now, and whoa, real life smells good... It is a great game, and the moral issues are much more complicated than in the prequal... The lightside responses are more masked and that is very cool. Still, the tomb on Korriban makes it almost impossible to stay good. The graphics could be a whole lot better too... unfortunately, I just finished it... right before the patch came out... :P

But hey, I looove the music!! And it is cool that you achieve forcepowers from the beginning!! And the incredible big number of missions... and friends (don't really know about them - got a dumb historian on Dantooine, whom I couldn't use for anything because it was the last planet on my list, but hey, my ship got filled pretty much to the last square...)

So - cool game, but glad to be out of it. It totally deprived me of my freedom for 5 days!!

Yours Sincerely

Last edited by Darth333; 02-28-2005 at 10:25 AM.
larindom is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-20-2005, 01:06 AM   #85
websee
Rookie

at last they included soe nice looking jedi clothes, althougth only 1 model is used, they look way better then those in kotor1
websee is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-20-2005, 02:58 PM   #86
Lord Stalin
Rookie

Feels better than the first.

Bow down before the man of steel
Lord Stalin is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-21-2005, 06:00 PM   #87
Lord_Supra
Rookie

After having replayed KOTOR II several times, I think it's not so, so so bad, as I thought before, It's darker, more interesting in som parts, and the new options are fantastic (conversations, pazzak, item creation, combat, weapons)

The only issue I have with KOTOR II, is that it is a lot, lot shorter than the first one.

Truly.

From the destruction of this planet, there shall come great power. My eyes shall be hate, and my hands revenge.
Lord_Supra is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-21-2005, 06:35 PM   #88
lukeiamyourdad
Using Teletraan I

LFN Staff Member 
No. I finished it in roughly the same amount of time as KOTOR I.

It really isn't shorter. Maybe you ran through the game or something.

http://www.marioramos.ca/ -A friend of mine and an aspiring filmmaker.
lukeiamyourdad is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-21-2005, 08:02 PM   #89
Boba Rhett
I Slay Dragons

Current Game: Scrolling Eldery
LFN Staff Member 10 year veteran! LF Jester Helpful! 
It took me 10 more hours to finish TSL than it did the first one.
Boba Rhett is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-22-2005, 02:55 PM   #90
lukeiamyourdad
Using Teletraan I

LFN Staff Member 
Perhaps it depends on the person. I'd have to try it again. Though I did use Force Speed all the time(which shaves off a lot of time).

Old 02-24-2005, 09:20 AM   #91
metalfenix
Lurker

I were expecting more on terms of graphics and sound, but since the game is running without any serious bugs (only the occasional crash after 2 hours of play and the swoop race bug), I have to say that it's an enjoyable experience.

The best thing about this game? THE STORY!

Note: Sorry for my horrible english
metalfenix is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-24-2005, 07:12 PM   #92
Lord_Supra
Rookie

Well, mayb e the first time, I did, i finished it as LS, in 25-26 hours; the second time, as DS female, i spent 36 hours, ten more than the first time, I made Atton a Sith, and went TOTALLY to darkside, i finished nearly all the sidequests (except for Batu-Rem, who never showed up, and the Vogga's Treasure, because I danced before time...)

And I never totally skipped a dialog, except for the Wookie and Twi'lek speeches.... I gained complete influence over Atton, Kreia, Visas, Hanharr, T3-M4, I think....

....Maybe I skipped a planet or sth.... Korriban SIth Academy ISN'T open on both sides, is it????????

The fisrt one, by "runnig trough it" I couldn't finish it before 45 hours, and that were by completing ALL sidequests, and swoop-races.... and tournaments...

And: YES, I always used Force Speed, from the first levels.

From the destruction of this planet, there shall come great power. My eyes shall be hate, and my hands revenge.
Old 02-25-2005, 07:34 AM   #93
Forcestorm
Lurker

Amazing, brilliant game. Wish you could choose your looks for your character more though. And howcome in Kotor1 and 2 you only get humans, it would be cool if you could be aliens aswell! Maybe thats an idea for Kotor3??

Sith are like bantha fodder, you stand on them and then wipe em of your shoe, job done!
Forcestorm is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-27-2005, 05:15 AM   #94
Aleggy

ok 1st impressions

well my 1st impressions when i fist started playing was this game is excelent

but i have completed it now and as much as i intend to replay it there were a few problems so i gonna give u some of my pro's and cons

pros

almost everything is upgradable and everything is breakdownable to make something else

you get side missions by talking to other people on the planets you visit not by just talking lots to the npc of your group

the capacity of level ups for you character is much better

the story is compelling

cons

the sith lords were way too easy to beat

the 'plot twist' was spoon fed to you from the beginning so that when it came it was no surprise mind you at one point i was half expecting kriea to say to the handmaiden "No I am your Mother" and "together we can rule the galaxy as Mother and Daughter" but it didn't happen shame

the game kept crashing every couple of hours but lucas arts are already working on a patch to solve the bugs as we speak

getting to do extra side missions by talking to people outside your group was good but i kinda missed being able to do side missions by talking and getting to know your group members

i did enjoy having to hunt for bits for my lightsaber at first but in the end it did take way too long it was a good idea but obsidian dragged it on too long, abit like haveing to fix hk was good but then it took to long

feats there weren't enough yes they added more but for the amount of level ups your character had i was running out of feats and powers to give my character

overall

i did enjoy the game but as it has previously said it felt more like an expansion pack than another game keeping many aspects the same was good and i am not argueing with that decision but the game does feel as if there was more that could have been done

i'll give it a 7/10 where as kotor 1 would get 12/10 from me lol

So long and thanks for all the fish

I pity the fools who have not played kotor
Aleggy is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-27-2005, 03:33 PM   #95
boinga1
Pimpin' ain't easy

I've had the game two weeks, only just now saw the thread.

Peragus was good. I saw a lot of potential in the little things; improved cutscene animations, etc. Telos showed more of this, as well as some interesting plot twists (HK-50's). I had no real complaints with the planets; they weren't great, but they were OK. I liked most of them better than Manaan in KOTOR.
spoiler:

Everything wne downhill after going to the rebuilt Jedi Enclave. For starters, I think it would have been cooler to have the Jedi meet on Coruscant; it was the old center of the Jedi Council, as I understand. It would have been cooler than just reusing Dantooine again. I mean, they took the old maps and made some changes. Show me some innovation; "thorw me a fricking bone here." Then, we Kreai turned on me, I was all, "WTF?"

From there out, the plot made little sense. I absorbed and understood what was happeneing, but not why or how. KOTOR made snese. TSL didn't - not the first time through. All the bosses sucked. Malachor was all choppy and thrown together. I mean - what was the point of the Mira/Hanharr fight? What was the point of the remote scene? Why isn't there an ending cutscene that makes sense?

How come I spendthe whole game having fun making people Jedi and working w/ my party, and then they stuck me on my own at the end? /shakehead

I'll give it an 8/10 overall. I give the first part 9.5/10. I give the ending a 4/10.

And yes, it was way too easy.

And why do all the reviews say it takes 40 hours? I beat it in 20 hours the first time, no cheats. I looked up a walkthrough a couple times when I was stuck.

Last edited by Darth333; 02-28-2005 at 10:28 AM.
boinga1 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-28-2005, 10:13 AM   #96
CTOAN
Rookie

HEY!!

Easy on the spoilers, people!!

Anyway, I am around level 12 now and am starting to make my mark on the galaxy...

Some more thoughts-

1. Atton's kind of growing on me. He doesn't seem to be as big of a jerk as I thought he would be.

2. I think there is some major plot foreshadowing coming up, especially with...
spoiler:
Kreia. She's always trying to get me to be Dark Side [I'm at something like 90% LS], and I get the feeling that I'm being used to further her own agenda. I mean, I know she's neutral [like Jolee in KOTOR1], but she's definetly the darker side of neutral with some of the stuff that's come out of her mouth.

3. The voiceacting is definetly not as good as KOTOR1. I wish some characters would just shut up sometimes, even if what they are saying is interesting. Is there an option for turning off voiceovers?

4. I do like the new inventory system...I just had to get used to it, that's all.

5. While there's been some griping about 'running back and forth', and what a general pain it is, I kind of like it. It makes me feel more involved in the world and everything that's happening, rather than Bob tells you to see Joe, who has problems of his own that have to be resolved before he can help you with Earl, et cetera et cetera...
I do like the way that when a quest is finished, you automatically teleport back to the person who need to see. That's a nice improvement from KOTOR.

6. I love the better options that we get. In KOTOR, it seems like there were two options for each quest. One was DS, one was LS. In this game, there are 3 or 4 possible endings. I especially liked the quest:

spoiler:
on Citadel station, with the guy who gambled away his girl. I 'saved' the girl for him, but then after getting her back to the guy, when she pitched a fit about going back, I told her she was free to go...and she walked out on him. That was GREAT! So like what might have happened in real life!!

Finally, They'd better make a dent on these graphics problems. There is no excuse for my ATi 9600 with 256 MB RAM to have to run TSL on 'low' settings with everything turned off. That is simply unacceptable - and I'm using the Omega 4.11 drivers too! GRRR!!!!

more to come when I get off...
spoiler:
Telos and Dantooine [my next stop

CTOAN is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-28-2005, 11:43 AM   #97
Cmdr. Thanatos
Rookie

Well, the game dropped in price by $10 for a week so I bought it. This coincided with a meltdown of my old computer, So I built a brand new computer to HL2 specifications (a 2.8 ghz athlon 64, a gig of ram, 1.2TB HD space, radeon 9600xt, brand new windows xp pro install). With such a system I thought that I could play KOTOR II without any issues.

I was wrong.

Start game, play for 30 minutes, crash. Sometimes all the walls would go away leaving my party walking in blackness, except for the doors and other "objects" and people in game (this actually made the harbinger look really freaky at one point, but moving on). After having this bug for a good 8 hours of gameplay, I became certain that the US government passed a law restricting the amount of time people could play computer games in the interests of their health. Thankfully I found out the problem was I downloaded microsoft's ATI driver rather than the one from ATIs website. Quick fix, on with the game. From what I have played, It is all awesome. Then I got to Dantooine. My computer dropped to 1 fps. Unplayable. Hopefully fixed in the upcoming patch.

In many ways, this game (and the original) reminds me of deux ex. great story, nice array of equipment to build and choose from, an awesome skill system, and item modifications (I love item modifications). It also shares the same amount of bugs that Deus Ex had though With dialog, sound fixes, and optimization for ATI cards, this will be a game that I will play again and again (or not, depending on the ending.)
Cmdr. Thanatos is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-28-2005, 05:25 PM   #98
Augustus_Leto
Rookie

I thought it was a great game from the beginning, just like its predecessor, but as I played on, I think the storyline wasn't as provocative as the first. I'm not saying it's bad, but it just isn't as good in my opinion, and that's just by a tiny bit. The new features make the gameplay so much better, but besides that, it is truly a worthy sequel.

A man cannot drink from a mirage, but he can drown in it. - Fremen Wisdom

I got 24 on the Jedi Test

I got 14 on the Geek Test (Geekish Tendencies)

to < Still the greatest!
Augustus_Leto is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-01-2005, 07:30 PM   #99
Lord_Supra
Rookie

Quote:
Originally posted by boinga1

And why do all the reviews say it takes 40 hours? I beat it in 20 hours the first time, no cheats. I looked up a walkthrough a couple times when I was stuck.
Finally, other guy who ended it on 20 hours, I ended it too on XBOX on 25 hours, the second time ALL SIDEQUESTS COMPLETE 35 hours.

But really I felt like you Boinga, the first time, next time try to gain EVERYONE'S influnce and make them Jedi/Sith, it's worth the efoort, really.

But I repeat, an extra planet or 15 extra sidequests could'nt possibly make any harm...

Old 03-01-2005, 10:54 PM   #100
Cmdr. Thanatos
Rookie

Oh, for a five year dev cycle and pc only! Imagine the greatness.

But then, There would be so many people glued to their computers for 100+ hours... That could not be good for the human race. I borrowed an nvidia card to finish the game. I say it is a worthy sequel, but I still have a giant modding wishlist of things that they should have done, one large enough where I'm probably going to get sucked into hollowan never to be seen again...
Cmdr. Thanatos is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-05-2005, 10:25 PM   #101
0rlo
Rookie

hm

enjoyed it, just finished the pc version. took 32 hours and i didn't finish like 3 sidequests do to extreme freakin' bugging!!! the conversations ran over and over, i found myself goin' in circles half the time. kinda ruined the atmosphere. overall it was different from kotor 1 in a good and bad way. there wasn't a plot twist, seriously wasn't, i wanted one, but there was nothing. who the crap is darth nillius? and why is he so easy to kill....for that matter, why are they all so easy to kill? i was hoping to see revan, talk to the bloke, but nay, he is off in deep space pissing me off while i'm playing a 2nd rate jedi and not the man himself. no offense to the 2nd jedi you play, but you have no real star warsy past, you are named "The Exile." so if kotor 3 rolls out they'll be saying "The Exile" a crapload. i was happy to see carth o nasty and bastilla again, i wanted them to be more involved, groovy thing that mandalore was in the party.

great thing about this game though, it leaves me wanting more.

WHAT I WANT MOST IS TO FIND OUT WHAT THE CRAP IS OUT THERE THAT REVAN FOUND.
0rlo is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-06-2005, 08:54 AM   #102
Voran
Rookie

My enjoyment of the game increases as I find new mods from the great modders here.

Based on the original, default game, I would have given TSL a C or C+ kinda rating. Hopefully some things, like the dialog looping problems, will get fixed in some upcoming patch.

Unfortunately some other gaps I doubt will be changed in any patch, as they appear to be gaps brought on by the push to get the game out quickly, resulting in content cuts.

The badguys were a little disappointing too. All flash no sizzle.
Voran is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-06-2005, 10:18 PM   #103
abespam

well of course the damn game wouldnt run on my ati card so i had to go back to my old desktop just to play the game but in terms of first impressions i really liked the first half of the game it seemed like a new and improved version of kotor so i was happy and apart from the occassional video glitches the storyline and the quests were really good

the only real problems i found was the combat ai and the swoop racing. It seems like ur support characters were dumber than the kotor characters they started standing around doin nothing when there mines around they ran straight thru them (even though there not meant to if u choose the rite stance) and also if u stock to many combat moves sometimes my exile likes to just stand there or run up and do a normal attack... man it was annoying

and of course the swoop racing problem were regardless of me crashing, beating the time or going slow i never beat the record..

then...

spoiler:
when u meet all the jedi masters on dantooine (LS) the story line goes down the toliet..
the big secret was that u are a wound in the force .. "big deal.. im over it already" .. its no where near as good as "HOLY S**T im REvan HOLY S**T" .. the game went down hill from der what will all the plot holes that werent answered as well as the lack of any nemesis development leading to the end.. i mean u just rock up at telos and u find out that the guy in the masks name is nihilus barely minutes before u cut him down.. and going to malachor was a smart idea and sion seemed the only enemy which was explained properly.. but the whole ebon hawk damaged then falling then coming back up seemed stupid and the disjointed support characters really showed how rushed the gaeme was.Even kreia as the final enemy seemed pointless .. considering she just wanted to test u so that "u could be all that you could be" crap...
then when the credits started rolling i was like "oh finished u forgot to explain half the game.. but i guess it was aiight"

bottom line ..loved the game... could of been better.... should of been better.. dont rush kotor3

..now playing for the third time

I call him GAMBLOR!!
abespam is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-07-2005, 11:55 AM   #104
lukeiamyourdad
Using Teletraan I

LFN Staff Member 
It is quite odd since I do not have any swoop racing glitches. Are you sure you're not thinking about swoop racing on Nar Shadda? That's not a glitch.

Also, the AI is not worse then KOTOR I. In the first game, I would give master rapid shot or master anything to an NPC and he would never use it. At least now, they do.
But they do still run straight into minefields and occasionally stand and do nothing but it's nothing bad.

Also note that the normal attack is always overlooked. It's actually a good idea to use it before you get Master X feat. There is no advantage but no disadvantage neither.

Old 03-08-2005, 02:35 PM   #105
verT
Lurker

Well I'm new to the forum but I will toss my thoughts into the fray.

I like the idea behind the story I think it has a ton of potential. I thought it was really well told up until about the 3/4 mark then it sort of derailed. I was left with quite a few questions, probably looking for the answers lead me to here.

I terms of game play I liked the new powers. I liked the new robes, I like the Kreia character. I didn't like the character development with all my other characters, there were only a few instances of conversations that were done with rather briefly. The influence thing is nice but difficult to get high influence with all your characters. I guess it gives some replay value.

The ending is hmmm..... not done.... to me is just seems so open ended and IMO just doesn't fit with the Star Wars line of story plots. It just seemed anti climatic. Maybe I expected too much.

I like the game a lot I just think that it needs to be polished up.
verT is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-10-2005, 12:57 AM   #106
j3di_sean
Rookie

First impressions:

1. when t3m4 awakes in the ebon hawk- "CRAP! the glow doesn't work in this game too!?"

2. Building and breaking down items will take a while getting used to.

3. When atris took out the exile's saber- "wtf?! that's MY saber!!" ... definitely a cool factor.

4. Love the new fighting animations!

5. Whoa! Kung foo fighting!

6. No need for holding back levels anymore.

7. Still blur: how did i get the ebon hawk? (even though it's my 3rd time through).
j3di_sean is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-10-2005, 04:31 PM   #107
Darth Smaug
Veteran

K2 isn't as good as i expected...K1 was much better..

I'm floating, and something's reaching out.
Darth Smaug is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-15-2005, 02:34 PM   #108
CTOAN
Rookie

Finally finished...

Rather than keep hitting the spoiler tag every other paragraph, I'm just going to hit it all at once, with one exception at the very end:

spoiler:
I thought that the game was generally well done, although I was kind of disappointed with Malachor V. I wish that they were more explicit with the endings for the NPC's, like Atton, Bao-Dur, and especially Mira because I really liked them and wanted to find out what happens. Here's my guesses:

Atton, Bao-Dur, Visas, T3, HK- 47, Visas - stay on Ebon Hawk, escape with you; help repair the ship

Mira - dies when Malachor V explodes or whatever; doesn't make it to the Hawk in time [biggest disappointment here]

Handmaiden - remains on Telos at the Academy after you face off with Atris.

Disciple - Didn't get him. Sorry!

Mandalore [cool character!!] - re-gathers his warriors after the Telosian assualt / Ravager and returns to Dxun.

I especially liked seeing Col. Tobin [or whatever his name was] on the Ravager. It kind of bugged me that he was left unresolved, and BOOM, he shows up again and ties that whole plotline together... Very cool.

The planets were different enough for my tastes in terms of situation, background, people, and events - not the same as KOTOR, where everyone is just worried about the Sith. Everyone on each planet seems to be very concerned with what is going on in their neck of the woods instead of the exact same thing everywhere.

I was a little bummed by Darth Nihilus's development [or lack thereof], but didn't sweat it too much.

I was right about Kreia - I saw her 'fall' coming a mile off, but the actual event itself was terrific. I had no idea she would dominate the 'Jedi Masters' like she did - That was awesome and really, I thought, may have been the best part of the whole game. Good job to the Obsidian staff!

Overall, a great game, although the general weakness at the end for explaining what happens to everyone else knocks it from a A- to a B.

But I have one further complaint...

Is it just me, or did they really amp up the sexuality in this game?

spoiler:
From Atton's opening remarks to the PC after you find clothing [as a female character, which I'm playing now because I want to see what the Disciple is like] to sparring with the nearly naked Handmaiden, the exchange with Mira about wanting to bunk with her when she joins the party, and finally the infamous 'charge up her boarding ramp' line, I was very disturbed at the overall amount of sexual content in this game and don't know if I could let my kids play this... if I had kids. I realize that most of the people that play computer games are younger than I and aren't as discerning as I am, but I would positively have died of embarrassment if my wife had walked in on some of what I mentioned above...and my wife is pretty tolerate of what I play. I was *extremely* disappointed with Obsidian / LA in that regard. A few innuendos may have been funny or enjoyable, but it got way out of hand.

Star Wars is one of the few places that I can go to for innocent enjoyment - and one of the few things that I don't mind watching or whatever with friends or kids or even my parents - but now I have to be careful with SW as well. It's a sad day for me.

I don't know. Maybe I'm just getting old, but I would prefer that this kind of stuff be left out of SW altogether, because there's enough trash on television, in other videogames, and in the movies that I know to avoid. I used to be able to recommend SW stuff wholeheartedly, but I don't think I can do that anymore.

So what I would have given an A- or B+ rating drops to a solid C because of that.

Any additional thoughts?

Old 03-15-2005, 02:42 PM   #109
RaV™
I Came I Saw I Conquered

spoiler:
you can't take romance out of a game, thats what makes the game pick up, but yeah they shouldnt have that much sexual content, they should of done it like the first where it was only you and bastilla in love
RaV™ is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-15-2005, 07:30 PM   #110
lukeiamyourdad
Using Teletraan I

LFN Staff Member 
You thought that was a lot of sexual content?

*refrains from posting flame...

Seriously, princess Leia and the golden bikini anyone? So sparring with the Handmaiden half-naked wasn't so bad compared to that now is it?

And the average player is 31 now. So...

Outside of "charging up her loading ramp", there was nothing really sexual.

Of course, some see sexual content everywhere.
Bastilla and youin love? What about when you removed her clothes? And what the hell was she doing naked in the force cage on the Leviathan?

Old 03-17-2005, 02:29 PM   #111
CTOAN
Rookie

@ Luke-

If you're OK with the game, it's all good. I pointed out some stuff that bothered me. The topic says 'post your impressions' so I gave them. What I said was based off of personal convictions and deeply held religious beliefs, and also on facts that no one else on this forum had brought up. I was wondering if any other parents or adults had noticed it as well. I know several parents that would be *extremely* upset if their kids were playing TSL and they knew what was in it.

Anyway, I would disagree with you that the boarding ramp line is the only part that is sexual, and I noted *specific* instances in my spoiler above. Maybe I should have said 'indecent' instead of 'sexual'...if so, I apologize.

As for Bastila, no, I never played with her clothing off, nor did I download any of the nude 'patches' that are available online. I watched ROTJ when I was a young kid, and even then was very uncomfortable with the 90% naked Carrie Fisher. That may be one of my reasons why I prefer SW and ESB much more than ROTJ...I don't know, I've never really thought hard about it.

Finally, most of the game players *may* be 31, but a significant majority of them are not. How many people have you seen at EBGames, GameStop, or Wal-Mart buying computer games that are over 31? Not many - I know I haven't seen a lot. I don't know if I've ever seen more than 5 total people over 31 buy computer games in my entire life, and I've been a gamer for more than 12 years now. Usually, I see teens and young adults buying them. Of course, I don't run down to Best Buy everytime a Halo or Half-Life hits the shelf.

Anyway, I've gotten off-subject, and I'd like to get back to the point of this thread. My moral beliefs are not up for debate - at least not on this thread .

[on topic]
Is it just me, or is playing as Consular much harder in TSL than it is in KOTOR? I'm having a difficult time with my LS consular, and I've stacked her Wisdom [16], Strength [14], Constitution [16], but she keeps getting killed on me. I've buffed her constitution with the earned attribute points and invested in Force lightning to see if I can counteract it, but I'm still having difficulties - I was soundly whipped by the 5 handmaidens in Telos and was killed twice by Visas before I finally defeated her [although I did have a difficult time with her on my first playthrough]. It seems like a lot of enemies are making their saves, which I don't remember being a problem in KOTOR, and which may explain some of the problems.

I've been playing KOTOR and TSL for about 8 months now, so it's not like I don't know how to build my characters, so I don't know what's going on.

Old 03-27-2005, 06:07 PM   #112
GoneFishing

I know the games been out a while, but i just got to play it. Here are my thoughts....

spoiler:

The mine station is a bit empty, by that I mean not NPC interaction. I know its only the first stage of the game, but remember what they did with Taris in KOTOR 1. Could have been much more involved.

I thinkt the plot was a bit weak. They kinda forced you to go to Telos. I mean seriously, if i was a wondering Jedi that lost connection with th force, i would scared to death to go up and face the sith on Telos. Maybe giving me a choice from the beginning of whether or not going to Telos would have been a nice first choice in the game.

hey. how ya doin?
GoneFishing is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-27-2005, 07:28 PM   #113
lukeiamyourdad
Using Teletraan I

LFN Staff Member 
spoiler:
There's no Sith on Telos and it's the only location unlocked by T3.
This is no different then you being forced to go to Dantooine after leaving Taris in the first game.
Besides, it would make no sense for you to go to Nar Shaddaa and have no idea what to do when you're there. Telos forces you to meet Atris who gives the main quest just like Dantooine forced you to meet the Jedi Masters to get the main quest.

Old 03-30-2005, 05:30 AM   #114
Darth Smaug
Veteran

impression K2 = sucks impression K1 = great

Old 03-30-2005, 05:43 AM   #115
adey12
Rookie

i love the story way better that kotor 1

Kotor 1 = Very good
Kotor 2= Much better than kotor 1

I love how female and male and LS and DS has diffrent endings and pick up diffrent people have diffrent allies
adey12 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-31-2005, 11:13 AM   #116
Darth Smaug
Veteran

Quote:
Originally posted by adey12
i love the story way better that kotor 1

Kotor 1 = Very good
Kotor 2= Much better than kotor 1

I love how female and male and LS and DS has diffrent endings and pick up diffrent people have diffrent allies
Then the darkside way in kotor1 is more dark sdish because you get to KILL your allies so it's only you and your apprentice.

Old 04-06-2005, 11:05 PM   #117
Darth Obsidian
Rookie

I would like to see a KOTOR where you could choose your own race (going back to the galaxies comment) I would be a wookie!

Peace is a lie; there is only passion,
Through passion I gain strength,
Through strength I gain power,
Through power I gain victory,
Through victory my chains are broken,
The force shall free me.

ALL HAIL THE POWER OF
DARTH REVAN

Hail the power of Dark Force
Users

Join the True Sith
Brotherhood or feel the wrath of the
DARKSIDE!!!
Darth Obsidian is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-06-2005, 11:07 PM   #118
Darth Obsidian
Rookie

It was fun, but not what I expected( whenI heard there would be a sequel I thought you would be Revan again)

I would like to see a KOTOR where you could choose your own race (going back to the galaxies comment) I would be a wookie!

Peace is a lie; there is only passion,
Through passion I gain strength,
Through strength I gain power,
Through power I gain victory,
Through victory my chains are broken,
The force shall free me.

ALL HAIL THE POWER OF
DARTH REVAN

Hail the power of Dark Force
Users

Join the True Sith
Brotherhood or feel the wrath of the
DARKSIDE!!!
Darth Obsidian is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-20-2005, 07:02 AM   #119
sinister181
Lurker

Well,

I've just played through TSL, technically it's a good game, but i found the ending very flat and rushed. I men, you spend all that time defeating the forces of evil and all you get is a cinematic ship flying into the sunset as it were. I was kind of dissapointed. And other parts of the ending were seriously disjointed. LA should have given obsidian enough time to do the job properly.

Sinister
sinister181 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-20-2005, 08:22 PM   #120
akp8321
Lurker

Pretty much my only complaint is the ending.I found the game on a whole to be much more fun than the first, I enjoyed it a lot more, and will play it many more times than I did the first...But that ending....Sheesh...seems so rushed.It won't bother me so bad should there be a third one and it picks up right there, but if there is no third, or if it does not pick up exactly at the end of TSL,well, that will be sad.

I give it a 9/10...would have been a 10/10 if the ending was a little bit more satisfying.Still found it much better than 1 though.Good job Obsidian, just next time(if there is one) don't rush it!
akp8321 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Game Discussion > Telos Tourist Bureau > Got the game? Post your first impressions here!