lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Got the game? Post your first impressions here!
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 04-22-2005, 03:39 PM   #121
Nasur
Lurker

I absolutely love the first game. There is many things you can do in the game that other games do not have. I have beat the game with a level 8 scout/ level 12 jedi guardian. I want to mix and match all the classes with light side and dark side.

Right now I have a light side level 7 scoundrel/level 3 jedi consular who is having little problems with Calo on Tatooine.

I also beat KOTOR2 too. I had a jedi guardain/weaponmaster. I didnt like the game that much as the first one. Some of the stuff they changed I didnt like.
Nasur is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-26-2005, 03:40 AM   #122
T1BillionX
Lurker

I loved the first game and I didn't find too much wrong with it except it kinda dragged in places. I have beaten the 7 times now.

I finally sat down and finshed TSL and I was totaly impressed with the game until the end. It ended with a whimper, no epic battle, no real end. The Obsidian needs to get on finishing this game. This game is not done. It feels like this game should have been longer and all the characters from the previous games should have made an apperance. You spuld have been able to visit other planets as well. This games deserves to be finished, whats there is great it just needs to be finished. Great game with out a real ending. Expansion pack any one? Or atleast all the loose ends tied up in the next game.
T1BillionX is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-29-2005, 11:25 AM   #123
fLyLiKeThEhAwK3
Lurker

KotOR II > KotOR

I have beaten KotOR at least ten times, and I continue to play it weekly/monthly. Needless to say I love the characters and the game as a whole.

With that said however, I like KotOR II much more. KotOR II has a far superior story and much more interesting characters. The way KotOR II finished is spectacular because they made the gamer decide what happened next.

KotOR II > KotOR

They are two of the ten best games I've ever played though, easily.

Beneficium accipere libertatem est vendere.
- Publilius Syrus
fLyLiKeThEhAwK3 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-01-2005, 08:26 PM   #124
Samurai DD

Re: KotOR II > KotOR

Quote:
Originally posted by fLyLiKeThEhAwK3
I have beaten KotOR at least ten times, and I continue to play it weekly/monthly. Needless to say I love the characters and the game as a whole.

With that said however, I like KotOR II much more. KotOR II has a far superior story and much more interesting characters. The way KotOR II finished is spectacular because they made the gamer decide what happened next.

KotOR II > KotOR

They are two of the ten best games I've ever played though, easily.
Dude, Even though it gives us the opportiunity to finish the game, KOTOR 3 SHOULD be made. But this time, they should give the devs the time they need. They rushed KOTOR 2 and, well, while I am still undecided about which one is better, II really needed more work done. I mean, they should have done all the things the game missed and tweak the ending, making it cool and STILL leaving the window open for III. It is almost confirmed they will do it, so lets just sit, chat, have a cofee, and wait for the great finale. (And I sure hope BioWare makes III, dude, really, you gotta see Jade Empire. If they improve even more the engine, 3 will be the greatest thing E V E R !)
Samurai DD is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-01-2005, 10:23 PM   #125
kipperthefrog
Veteran

It was great!

not since Kings Quest 6 since I loved characters so much.

the only problem was it was hard to navigate, I got stuck not knowing where to go next, and finaly the ending:
spoiler:
it ends with Kreia telling the future and then the Ebon Hawk flies away into space. you don't actualy see an ending.

kipperthefrog is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-02-2005, 04:45 PM   #126
Hugh Jass
Lurker

Well, I've lurked at this forum a long time, but I finally decided to join. *Awkward silence* I guess I'll post my impresions now.

I thought the game was pretty good. The load times are horrible and there are a huge amount of plot threads left dangling such as Nihilus, HK Factory, and not to mention the ending! I only recently found out that LA rushed the game out and that's why we don't have all the content. But other than that it was a good game. However, I can never do anything with Bao Dur. I'm on my third time through the game and every time I try to talk to him the only dialog option that comes up is "Nevermind." How infuriating!

Oh, I really like the game's soundtrack though. Very Star Warsy.
Hugh Jass is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-02-2005, 04:50 PM   #127
Darth333
Administraterror

Quote:
Originally posted by Hugh Jass
Well, I've lurked at this forum a long time, but I finally decided to join.
Welcome to the forums

Quote:
However, I can never do anything with Bao Dur. I'm on my third time through the game and every time I try to talk to him the only dialog option that comes up is "Nevermind." How infuriating!
Personally, I found the influence system a bit frustrating. You have to gain a lot of influence with Bao Dur if you want him to speak (but even then, he doesn't say much).
Darth333 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-02-2005, 06:03 PM   #128
Aleggy

Quote:
Originally posted by Darth333
Welcome to the forums

Personally, I found the influence system a bit frustrating. You have to gain a lot of influence with Bao Dur if you want him to speak (but even then, he doesn't say much).
yeah and the fact that he talks in a low wisper of a voice always put me off speaking to him wich was a shame because i personally think his character had a lot of potential

So long and thanks for all the fish

I pity the fools who have not played kotor
Aleggy is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-02-2005, 09:51 PM   #129
Hugh Jass
Lurker

Thanks, for the welcomes.

His quiet voice did kind of surprise me the first time I played it. I expected him to have a voice like Jabba or something.
Hugh Jass is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-02-2005, 09:55 PM   #130
lukeiamyourdad
Using Teletraan I

LFN Staff Member 
I actually loved his voice. It was strangely creepy and monotonous. It created a good effect.

Not everything can be blamed on the voice actor being bad you know.

EDIT: Where are my manners? Welcome to the forum Hugh Jass!

http://www.marioramos.ca/ -A friend of mine and an aspiring filmmaker.
lukeiamyourdad is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-02-2005, 11:53 PM   #131
kipperthefrog
Veteran

Bourdur's voice and accent reminded me of nightcrawler on X-men.

kipperthefrog is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-03-2005, 11:19 AM   #132
Samurai DD

Same here. I liked the voice Bao-Dur had. Very calming, sounded like he had the situation under controll at all times. As far as I see, all Iridonians are very calm and dont have much to say. (Darth Maul, even though darkside, seems calm and concentrated and only talks like 2 times in all of the movie.)
Old 05-09-2005, 09:15 PM   #133
MasterIbis
Rookie

maul had a few more lines but they were cut from ep1. I think they were included with the dvd, not sure heh. I liked bao-durs voice... I mean honestly. It's nice to have a friendly conversation with someone on that ship. besides that calm demeanor makes you think he might be a lil shifty

I liked this game, yeah it has a lot of bugs, and I'm using a radeon 9200 and I get all sorts of lag and stuff, it's really just a horrible experience for me right now.... but I can't stop playing it... *vwing*vwing*
MasterIbis is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-09-2005, 09:20 PM   #134
Jeff
Rating: Awesome

Current Game: SWTOR
Imperialist Meatbags Guild Officer The Walking Carpets Guild Officer Notable contributor LFN Staff Member 
Quote:
Originally posted by MasterIbis
but I can't stop playing it... *vwing*vwing*
Who can? Not I.

Follow me on Twitter
Follow StarWarsMMO.net on Twitter | Like us on Facebook
Jeff is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-09-2005, 10:36 PM   #135
RaV™
I Came I Saw I Conquered

You'd expect Bao-Dur to be atleast more hateful when he's Darkside don't you think?

http://img135.imageshack.us/img135/6469/ssigvv2.gif
Changed pic to link. Please find a sig pic that is in line with our sig rules, 500X120 and 80kb max, Forum Rules. ~ SWK Staff
RaV™ is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-10-2005, 03:06 AM   #136
MasterIbis
Rookie

naw, when he's LS he's nice, when he's DS he's devious... and creepy
MasterIbis is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-10-2005, 10:31 AM   #137
Aidy
Rookie

Okay first time I played the damn thing it took me 30 hrs of no sleep and a lot of the afgan's finest crop to complete. My intial thoughts where somthing along the line of this
"that was a pretty f'ing sweet game. Yeah sure there was lots of running around but that was to be expected...But some of the action is on the fine line between brutal and hardcore.
spoiler:
And how about the civil war the first time you do that? Cool.
That was as a LS watchman. And the ending was the only thing to dissapoint me.
Having since done it as a DS Force Master. (which I would advise to anyone who loves beating the sith out of there opponents) I love the extent that OS went to with the diffrence in the LS and DS missions, I dont think that anyone has given them credit for that yet. If not may I be the first to say "Guy's, jolly well done."
HOWEVER...the ending was yet again a bit like McGoven's 72 presdential campaign. All Talk and no pants.
Now knowing what I know now about the work conditions impossed upon OS by "Big Unkel George": tradmark Lucas Film. And that the game is not complete, no matter how many mods the P.C. users get, I and the legion of X-Box users who also bought the game have a cat in hells chance seeing all the movies. And that is what a game like this is about for me, closure.
But enough about me and more on my righteous opnion of this game... I enjoyed it and I still am ...on my 4th play as a female jedi weapons master... who says a guy cant have a softer side?

Out of 10? It would be a 10...but the missing stuff, which you can read about else where knocks it down to a... (oh, this is a bit of a harsh number) 7

That is all.

Who do you trust? HUBBA! HUBBA! HUBBA! MONEY! MONEY! MONEY! Who do you trust?
Aidy is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-10-2005, 10:46 AM   #138
lukeiamyourdad
Using Teletraan I

LFN Staff Member 
Quote:
Originally posted by Aidy
Okay first time I played the damn thing it took me 30 hrs of no sleep and a lot of the afgan's finest crop to complete.
You shot yourself with heroine and smoked opium while playing?

First time I hear this

Old 05-10-2005, 10:52 AM   #139
Aidy
Rookie

You better believe it kid!

Old 05-15-2005, 12:55 PM   #140
Darth Smaug
Veteran

Is it just me or are the graphics on KOTOR 1 much better???

I'm floating, and something's reaching out.
Darth Smaug is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-15-2005, 01:38 PM   #141
RaV™
I Came I Saw I Conquered

Dude delete 2 of your cloned posts.

http://img135.imageshack.us/img135/6469/ssigvv2.gif
Changed pic to link. Please find a sig pic that is in line with our sig rules, 500X120 and 80kb max, Forum Rules. ~ SWK Staff
RaV™ is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-15-2005, 02:07 PM   #142
lukeiamyourdad
Using Teletraan I

LFN Staff Member 
It's just you. They're the same. They used the same engine with pretty much no alterations except for a few visual effects in TSL.

Old 05-15-2005, 10:25 PM   #143
SeraphimJMF
Lurker

I've beaten the first game about 4 times now. Aside from all the bugs, It's the greatest game I've ever played. It rekindled the star wars fan inside me. I can't wait to play KOTOR 2, but I'm waiting until after my senior thesis is complete.

Edit: Wow, it posted 7 times. That took me about 10 minutes to delete it all

Last edited by SeraphimJMF; 05-16-2005 at 07:05 PM.
SeraphimJMF is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-16-2005, 08:39 AM   #144
Aidy
Rookie

You're just repeating yourself now for attention! Damn you.

Old 05-16-2005, 10:24 AM   #145
Darth Smaug
Veteran

Quote:
Originally posted by lukeiamyourdad
It's just you. They're the same. They used the same engine with pretty much no alterations except for a few visual effects in TSL.
Then why are the grapichs of kotor 2 on my pc so crappy and those of kotor 1 very good???

Old 05-16-2005, 10:27 AM   #146
Darth Smaug
Veteran

Quote:
Then why are the grapichs of kotor 2 on my pc so crappy and those of kotor 1 very good???

Old 05-16-2005, 10:27 AM   #147
Darth Smaug
Veteran

Quote:

Old 05-16-2005, 03:59 PM   #148
lukeiamyourdad
Using Teletraan I

LFN Staff Member 
They're not supposed to be better. Check out your video settings.

And people, there's a delete box when you edit posts. Use that

Old 07-27-2005, 11:44 AM   #149
Wardyn
Rookie

i've beat the game now 9 times and the same question keeps popin up darth sion seems to be the most important dark lord but why is the other one shown in the guide and the trailer more, he is only in the game twice and isn't an important character. in kotor3 will it talk about this more or not. Did they just show him alot because he looks cool?
Wardyn is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-27-2005, 02:03 PM   #150
warchild75
Rookie

Havent quite finished it yet as my xbox broke but got most of the way through.I think its good maybe not as good as the original but good none the less it does seem to have quite a few gliches but i think this is bcoz they rushed the game out.Lets hope they dont rush kotor 3.

THE DARK SIDE IS THE ONLY SIDE
warchild75 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-28-2005, 12:33 PM   #151
Darth InSidious
A handful of dust.

Current Game: KotOR II
FInished the game ages ago........

Upon completing it, my immediate reaction was "W.T.F.?!"

It's glitchy, bug-ridden, confusing, theres so much cut content that most of the game makes NO sense, it has NO replay value, and the story was nonsensical.

You spend FAR too much time wandering around aimlessly.
There seems to be no real driving motivation for the wandering around, which in particularly makes it so utterly aimless.

Kreia's "teaching" seems to be limited to one thing on Nar Shadaa and another on Dxun, and berating you whether you're good or evil.

Most of the characters have zero small talk, and the information you do squeeze out of them is very little at VERY irregular intervals.

Bao-Dur seems to be nothing more than a convenient plot device, with minimal fleshing out done. For proof, try talking to him once you have your lightsabre and have made him a Jedi.

Force Sight is COMPLETELY useless, and seems to have been another somewhat inexplicable inclusion.

Far too much seems to hinge, too, on very minor and difficult-to-work-out sidequests.

I actually have to force myself to play it, even if I'm beta-testing a mod!

Works-In-Progress
~
Mods Released
~
Quid existis in desertum videre?
Darth InSidious is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-28-2005, 01:31 PM   #152
stoffe
Network Caretaker

Helpful! 10 year veteran! Notable contributor 
IMHO, TSL is a good game that's fun to play and tweak. Sure, it has its flaws, but very few games are perfect. Good enough overall that I've played it multiple times, so I certainly don't regret buying it.

Unlike most people it seems, I like the story as it is, and while the ending could have been a bit more fleshed out from a gameplay perspective, I like the ending from a story perspective.
stoffe is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-02-2005, 12:06 PM   #153
DuleLightSaber
Lurker

the first game rocked and the second was even better
DuleLightSaber is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-02-2005, 09:28 PM   #154
noghri_assasin
Lurker

Location: In the unknows with revan and my character just hangin'
I loved it! But the only thing was again you don't do anything at the end! The graphics needed to be upgraded since they used the same engine so it was about the same that way but it was still cool. In some parts it could use a tad bit of work but still very nice. Some of the new abilities were pretty cool. But over all if they make a KOTOR3 I bet it will rock the boat hard!! Over all I loved it so much.
noghri_assasin is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-03-2005, 06:41 AM   #155
Darth Smaug
Veteran

TSL was never as good as kotor I .I don't know i think kotor is just better the story,....just better

Old 08-04-2005, 02:51 PM   #156
Mira Dona
Rookie

I had read a lot of player reviews (many of which caused me to imagine enraged geeks frothing at the mouth as they fiercely banged out their frustrations over a rushed game) so I was well aware that TSL might not be as good as the original. I knew that there would be quests that ended abruptly or couldn't begin at all, and I was prepaired for an ending that would be as satisfying as turning off my monitor seconds after beating Malak in K1.

I was told rathing convicingly that this game would be a pale shadow of what had come before.

But seeing as to how I had just beaten K1 a couple of days prior and needed a SW "fix", I went ahead and got TSL anyway. The way I saw it, everyone could complain all they wanted but the game wont be getting any better, so I might as well play it.

The opening tutorial was GREAT, I loved seeing T3 again and was glad to have him back. After all the little guy was a hero, having rescued everyone from the Leviathan single handedly (sorta). So it was cool repair the ship and even getting to travel on the outside of the Ebon Hawk, no matter how many times I see it. . . SPACE looks really neat!

Being the wise person than I am and having been playing the game for a full, what. . . 20 mins? I couldn't see what everyone was complaining about, this game rocked! That was of course before I got to the mining station, playing female I was curiously self concious about the fact that the game took my clothes! But thats a minor thing really. . . to be perfectly honest, I really did have to force myself to keep playing because that place was soooo boring and then after I had done everything that I was supposed to do, it turned out that there wasn't much point to me having done anything at all. I could have just sat there for the 5 hours it seemed to acomplish all the tasks. Really, I would much rather have spent that time talking to Kriea or Atton and finding out what had happened between K1 and K2.

But it got better and there was fighting and I got to walk through a Republic ship and see nifty things. Still though, I had a bit of a gripe. Where the hell were my clothes!?! Thankyfully, I think there is a mod to fix that now. . .

Anyway!

Telos was similar to the mining station for the first. . . hour? Though when I was allowed to leave my room, things a lot better and it was kinda fun to see the place Carth mentioned so many times before.

However once I had free riegn to travel the outer rim, I was pleased to find that most of those angry geeks were mostly wrong. Sure the game was obviously rushed, but it all came down to something really simple: if you liked the last game, this was an enjoyable follow up worth the price and time to play it through.

The only things that bothered me was being constantly berated by Kriea for trying to help people, the minor glitches when Revan would be reffered to as "He" or "Him", Diciple's lack of engaing charicterization (he's the human equevilant of a puppy), Go - To (stupid evil robot!), and the obvious missing content. Also the fact that Atris wouldn't give me my lightsabre back!

The influence system was a great idea, but I hated getting darkside points after some conversation choices I needed to make in order to gain influence. Really, for some characters I couldn't get managable influence if someone hand put a gun to my head and demanded it! Though, for those with whom I had nice influence it was cool to see them follow me and become beacons of light.

As for the ending. . . you know, it really wasn't as bad as everyone had made it out to be. In its own way, it was fitting to the over all feel of darkness that permeated the game.

Of course it was only AFTER I had spent a week of day in and day out play, that I found out about Team Gizka and what they were doing. I nearly kicked myself for not looking up Starwarsknights.com before begining the game. Had I know about the restoration project, I would have waited however long it will take for that to get finished before playing. But oh well, I enjoyed the game TONS inspite of the missing content. How could I not? I mean, what could have been a more perfect quest than to seek out and unite the Jedi? Come on, that's a heroes quest if there ever was one!

If there was any missing option that I wished I had during my first play through, it would have been the option to kick Master Vrook in the nuts after our first dialogue exchange. Is it possible for any light side Jedi to be more of an unlikable jerk?
Mira Dona is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-04-2005, 10:09 PM   #157
DarthPeldorJoi
Rookie

It can be confusing to those who aren't used to the style of gameplay. The graphics are kind of buggy. The game can get kind of glitchy. But really fun to play. I really would of liked more choices in terms of your characters appearance. You are limited to one species and a set of pre-designed faces.

"A Jedi gains power through understanding, and a Sith gains understanding through power."
DarthPeldorJoi is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-05-2005, 10:39 PM   #158
lukeiamyourdad
Using Teletraan I

LFN Staff Member 
@ Mira Dona

The Lucasarts official forums is not a good place for actual opinions.

Old 08-07-2005, 11:09 PM   #159
Samurai DD

Quote:
Originally Posted by lukeiamyourdad
@ Mira Dona

The Lucasarts official forums is not a good place for actual opinions.
What does that exactly refers to? The whole point in a forum is to give your opinions.
Old 08-07-2005, 11:22 PM   #160
Achilles
Dapper Chimp

Helpful! Veteran Modder Forum Veteran 
Quote:
Originally Posted by samuraidd
What does that exactly refers to? The whole point in a forum is to give your opinions.
You would usually be correct, but the LA forums are pretty much an unmoderated troll fest. Not a lot of value there, if you ask me.
Achilles is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Game Discussion > Telos Tourist Bureau > Got the game? Post your first impressions here!