lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Got the game? Post your first impressions here!
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 08-07-2005, 11:42 PM   #161
lukeiamyourdad
Using Teletraan I

LFN Staff Member 
As Achilles said, the official forums are very badly moderated. 99% of the "opinions" are mostly rants about how the game sucks. And not the constructive or intelligent kind of rant.

http://www.marioramos.ca/ -A friend of mine and an aspiring filmmaker.
lukeiamyourdad is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-08-2005, 09:44 AM   #162
Samurai DD

Quote:
Originally Posted by lukeiamyourdad
As Achilles said, the official forums are very badly moderated. 99% of the "opinions" are mostly rants about how the game sucks. And not the constructive or intelligent kind of rant.
But I don really think a troll would attack you if you post an intelligent opinion. Its more a matter of people not reading your constructive opinion. THe strange thing is, I have been on the LA forums for a while and havent noticed the conduct you mention. In fact its pretty well moderated, better than most forums. Ive seen a lot of intelligent posts. But thats just me...
Samurai DD is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-08-2005, 11:37 AM   #163
lukeiamyourdad
Using Teletraan I

LFN Staff Member 
Really? Are you sure it is the same LA forums? I remember when the game came out and there were plenty of "This game sucks" threads. Not 1, not 2, but A LOT. That's why I'm saying it's not a good place to gather opinions. As good as the Gamespy forums...

Old 08-08-2005, 12:18 PM   #164
Achilles
Dapper Chimp

Helpful! Veteran Modder Forum Veteran 
Quote:
Originally Posted by samuraidd
But I don really think a troll would attack you if you post an intelligent opinion. Its more a matter of people not reading your constructive opinion. THe strange thing is, I have been on the LA forums for a while and havent noticed the conduct you mention. In fact its pretty well moderated, better than most forums. Ive seen a lot of intelligent posts. But thats just me...
Here, let me help. Troll = someone who will attack anything for the sake of attacking it, regardless of structure or reason. And if the official LA forums have become moderated, then that is a very recent development. As LIAYF pointed out, it used to be the epitome of garbage in/garbage out.
Achilles is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-09-2005, 03:04 PM   #165
Mira Dona
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by lukeiamyourdad
@ Mira Dona

The Lucasarts official forums is not a good place for actual opinions.

Forgive me but I'm not understanding what you mean. . .
Mira Dona is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-09-2005, 03:38 PM   #166
Darth333
Administraterror

erm...LIAYD was referring to what is going on the official LA forums... but this discussion about other boards is off topic.

and Mira Dona, thanks for giving us your impressions but I think it's good that you played the game before getting the ending the Restoration team will come up with: you'll see both

As for the cut content, some of it is clearly lack of time. However, after reading the "dark" dialogues planned for the ending, I believe there could be some more reasons to these cuts in the original version in addition to the lack of time...

In the meantime you can always try Kotor 1 female darkside ending, which was cut from Kotor 1 (and now that the sequel is out, it's clear that it was for obvious reasons ) http://www.pcgamemods.com/5326/
Darth333 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-09-2005, 05:19 PM   #167
Mira Dona
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth333
In the meantime you can always try Kotor 1 female darkside ending, which was cut from Kotor 1 (and now that the sequel is out, it's clear that it was for obvious reasons ) http://www.pcgamemods.com/5326/
I had no idea stuff was cut from the first one. I'm not sure if I could do it though, its just too hard for me to play DS. I don't know what it is about DS, but I always feel guilty for wanton killing an manipulation.
Mira Dona is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-09-2005, 09:41 PM   #168
lukeiamyourdad
Using Teletraan I

LFN Staff Member 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mira Dona
I had no idea stuff was cut from the first one.
And that's why it was sooo good

It really felt complete.

Old 08-23-2005, 11:59 AM   #169
Shirkuh
Lurker

I enjoyed TSL's story alot more than Kotor 1. I really like the backround of the main character and the dialogues seem to go deeper than in Kotor 1, mainly because they manage to pick on the whole previous story (it´s always nice to have a solid backround to immerse yourself into a story) and also for the way it approaches the whole concept of good and evil. Kreia is, for me, one of the best characters in a videogame, and unlike others I truly enjoyed her rantings and excessive criticism. I have to add that my biggest disapointment in Kotor 1 was Malak's personality and the unresolved amount of questions regarding Revan's previous actions. After reading the chronicles in www.gamebanshee.com, alot of things started to make more sense, for both game's storyline, and I can´t understand why those informations weren´t more easily accessible in-game. At least I didn´t figured alot of them.

As a major positive thing, there is the ability to influence the alignment of your companions and turn them into jedi. It gives a very pleasant sense of power.

For the negative parts:
1. The fact that you after you manage to shift your companions alignment, the type of good/evil actions that give you influence over their dialogues are kept the same.
2. Both Darth Sion and Darth Niilhus (sp?) are very poorly explored as villains. Their background story is, at best, insuficient. Which is a pity, because they had potential to be very interesting.
3. The lack of alien Jedi Masters. Too many humans for my taste.
4. The lack of imagination of Malachor V. It was all the same, with almost no story addition nor quests or dialogues, which sucks when you are speaking of the ending part of the game.
5. I´m not sure if this is a reasonable critic, but some areas were repeated from the first game. While this isn´t a bad thing, it gives the impression that they had alot less work, and I would expect to see a bigger amount of dialogues to make it up, and preferably a better connection with Kotor 1 through npcs that were in it.

In the overall, I still think it is a great game, and I´m playing it again. I like the ending, as it opens my appetite for Kotor 3. I have to agree though, that it seems rushed in several points, and mainly for the lack of dialogues and general historical information. The cut content doesn´t bother me per si, but it is undeniable that there are things missing.
Shirkuh is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-06-2005, 11:59 AM   #170
Ztalker
Saving the world casually

Forum Veteran 
Here's my first Impresssion of Kotor 2: (and from some of my friends)

First some points of critic:
1.The first level was un-cool. Kotor 1 opened with a big fight and a clear mission: Save Bastilla.It featured cool stuff, like the Black Vulkar infiltration etc. Now it seems as if you are just doing a structure lacking Tutorial on Peragas.
2.After the first planet in KOTOR came the cool switch to Jedi, in TSL you were captured and all your stuff is taken from you (ARGH! My inventory-logo was blinking al the time!) and again, a structure-less atempt to lengthen gameplay. That is how i see Telos. It would be better to let the Sith attack it or something.
3.The Lightsaber quest: I was traveling much, struggled with missions and FINALLY got my saber. Then i go to Nar Shadda. A old guy begs me to kill the Serocco. I did. He gives me a saber! Like that! 'You walked with my pet-rancor...here...have a lightsaber.' OMG! Not cool!
4.The Story SUCKED! If the title is The Sith Lods, i want the Sith Lords to have story significance! Not because 'big bad Nihilus' slapped Visias some time.
5. Go-To..nuf said
6.Dark Lords aren't Crooks! I want big bad speek-options!

Positive: (i'll keep it short)
1.FREEEEEEEDOM!!
2.More HK-droids, and HK-47 that totally flips out about them
3.Trayus Academy: I felt Powerfull that day, untill i got my Math-grades back..
4.Cool party (Except Go-TO!)
5.Saber upgrades rule, and the color cristals even more!
6.Comeo's (although few) of K1 NPC's
7.Can Kill Vrook
8.You are a Mandalorian War-Hero
9.Visit to Dxun (Mandalorians RULE)

My humble Opinion

Ztalker is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-14-2005, 08:18 PM   #171
Dark/light
Rookie

First time i play this, i got confused at first. I didn't play kotor 1 until later in the summer. I played this and then i finally understand and become lightside for the rest of the game. Then i decided to play darkside. Finally, i played kotor and i got admit...both are awesome. ! I do hope that Kotor 3 came out. !
Dark/light is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-19-2005, 01:29 AM   #172
Analia
Rookie

Hot Topic Starter 
Well at first I thought wow! But once I left Telos I got bored with it and I ended up starting the game again but that wasn't because I didn't like it, it was because I had tried to be dark and I just can't stand being evil, too mean.

Analia is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-22-2005, 01:09 PM   #173
Drinking Sith
Rookie

Hi all my first post here
My first impresion was fairly but i dident like peragasus that much and the combats was booring but the more i got into the game the more interesting it was
But its a great game indeed! i have kotor1 too but i cant get it working.
Drinking Sith is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-22-2005, 04:33 PM   #174
90SK
Universal Figment

Current Game: Tetris
Welcome to the forums, Drinking Sith.

You say you can't get KotOR working. Have you run a system check to see if the game is compatible. I mean, if you can get K2 working, than K1 should work fine.

90SK is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-27-2005, 08:40 AM   #175
Drinking Sith
Rookie

Well i cant get the installation to start at kotor1 it keeps saying are you sure you want to UNINSTALL KOTOR1 completely? and i wanna install it but it keeps saying it! i have got it worked before but i think i uninstalled it a wrong way back there and i really regreat it
Drinking Sith is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-02-2005, 01:51 PM   #176
90SK
Universal Figment

Huh, my friend had a problem sort of like that with JO. He deleted some key portion of the game, and then he couldn't uninstall.

See if you can remove KotOR completely from your system one way or another. When you first tried to uninstall it, what did you do exactly?

Old 10-02-2005, 04:24 PM   #177
SpaceAlex
Forumite

Forum Veteran 
I enjoyed playing both games, if KOTOR I perhaps a bit more. Not because it's better than K2, but because the whole thing was new to me (when i got the game, i only watched star wars movies once - and that was 15 years ago, so i didn't really know much about it).

SpaceAlex is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-03-2005, 10:06 PM   #178
BumpoTheHutt
Rookie

First got KOTOR II (my first rpg since Diablo oh-so-many-years ago)this past July and I was floored by it. I hadn't done KOTOR when I started with TSL.

I guess I didn't have the perspective to see what was "wrong with" the game.

It took me a couple of days to get used to the mechanics of it and figure out how everything worked. But after that I was totally drawn in by the story. I was extremely impressed with the flow of the story itself.

I wasn't so up on all the skill/feat/power upgrades so that first game turned out to be quite a mish-mash of clumsiness... and I didn't understand the "influence" part of the game, but the important thing was, I was having FUN! It was all about the exploration of the planets, the characters... the story itself.

I was much more interested in the next plot point than I was in the next battle. Actually, battles were things I came to dread as I wasn't quite sure how it was all working and I wanted to get back to the story itself.

I felt it was totally immersive. Drew me deep into the game and I'd play for hours without realizing it. The deeper I got into the game, the more I didn't want it to get anywhere near the end. I wanted it to just keep going!

I remember my first realization that Kreia wasn't quite on the up-and-up. And I thought, "Oh, how clever am I to figure this out!" LOL At the time, I wasn't even playing the game. I was driving home from work, thinking about the game and it dawned on me that she was quite a stinker, actually, and that she might be lying to me about things.

When it was all said and done, I remember thinking, "Huh?" I'd expected more of an ending. (Keep in mind, I'd not read a single forum post... didn't even know this place or any like it existed.) I thought the ending was missing so much and didn't really have a feeling of satisfaction at the end.

I'd spent over 100 hours exploring this game and developing a "team" of members. So I was disappointed that on the last planet I was all on my own. (not to mention just a wee bit intimidated/scared)

When I finished the game I just assumed that they'd left it "hanging" in place for a sequel. I didn't read until later that the game was literally unfinished. And I've since read up on that quite a bit.

But as I look back on it now I know that the way they short-changed it in the end didn't really detract from my enjoyment of the game. I had fun playing it and was totally engrossed in the story... so much so that I didn't want the game to end.

And I still don't. I've played through it maybe five times now, (having added mods and such) but when I get to that second to last planet I find myself wanting to skip over it and start over... building my team again and working with the NPC's to move the story forward.

I've usually been a 1st person shooter or strategy game kinda guy. But NOTHING has held my attention and sucked me into the story like this game did.

About half-way through TSL, I went out and bought KOTOR. I knew I wanted more. I still do! So I anxiously await the product of the Gizka team's efforts. But even more, I look to a KOTOR III which I hope is somewhere in a pipeline.

Anyway, that's my story and I'm stickin' to it.

LOVE THIS STUFF!!
BumpoTheHutt is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-05-2005, 11:25 PM   #179
kdsphantom
Rookie

jedi and lightsabers

theres just nothing beter then running about with a light saber 1/2 naked ladies and being a jedi. i just love LOVE kotor that was about the best game ever beating out fallout for me. and the same thing for me happened when fallout 2 came along with TSL they spent and i mean OE they spent a year looking inward as in looking at your character and even your party and your skills and such as opposed in my view instead of lookign out. by that i mean they spent a year and i wont say all but they looked and put that time into you adn your party, so my guy now can hit 50th lvl have 1000 hp 50 def ect ect ect as in fallout 2 was the same thing your character and party were virtual supermen, heh ya know as im writing this i bet there is fallout mod places humm well i only found this site and TSL and kotor mods 3 weeks ago and have been re playing both games for 3 weeks now...
but i regress, the point is they spent a year and aye great bunch modders at one spot at one time that cant use anything from kotor 1, odd that nearly everything in 1 is in TSL already, they really jsut copy the game themselves, which imho why i think lucas folks cut them off. my point being that i agree with everyone here about the best part of kotor and all its glory was its story all its things, everything that was great about the game had nothing to do with the inv screen or the level up screen, ya those are good but the greatness was everything else ).
but i dont mean to say TSL or in that matter fallout 2 were bad terrible worthless, cause o course heh after i type this im back to try more mods i got from ya all generous great folks and see what they do, yes i do like the upgrade bench and the lab bench ) but again all they do is make my guy tougher. But i do mean that to call this TSL Sith lords?? i dunno who named it Sith lords but there idea of Sith to me is like a 10yr school bully, taking lunch money from lil girls to get DS pts, to me there was no evil there just hey gimmmi yur lunchmoney or else. im trying to think off top my head what was the most evil thing you did...5 min later got nothing since this post way to long already sry fer that but my 2 dollars and some change
kdsphantom
kdsphantom is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-14-2005, 08:54 PM   #180
Char Ell
Force Enlightened

Current Game: The Old Republic
LFN Staff Member Folder extraordinaire Forum Veteran 
After not so patiently waiting 8+ months to play Knights of the Old Republic: The Sith Lords I have to confess that I wasn't completely unaware of what the storyline would be. I tried to avoid spoilers but I found it difficult to do so. So before I played the game I unfortunately already knew who the end boss would be and I had some understanding of how the influence system worked. Other than those things though I still didn't really know all that much about The Exile storyline. So that being said...

I don't think I have much to say that hasn't already been said. The game's ending left me with an unsatisfied feeling in my gut, the generally expressed reaction of, "Huh, that's it?" that so many others have voiced. I installed the TSL 1.0b patch and the hi-quality audio patch for my first play-through (passed on the movie patches) but the game was still glitchy in certain maps, like on Nar Shadaa in the living modules and on the first map of Dantooine. The video display would get all herky-jerky and made me fear that the game would crash. All the rest of the maps played fine for me though and the game only crashed a couple of times in 60 hours of gameplay.

I thought the TSL storyline compelling albeit underdeveloped. Why did the HK droids all of the sudden drop out of the story? I don't recall any additional references or appearances to the HK units after Telos and that seemed odd to me. Obviously this is where many would tell me about the cut Droid Planet but I'm just stating my first impressions here even though I'm already aware of existing discussion about cut content and the general "unfinished" tag the game has received. Like I said, I'm probably not saying anything that hasn't already been said by someone else. So I guess I'll just summarize my personal pros and cons for TSL...

PROS
1) Improved combat animations - I liked that they added a greater variety of fighting moves for the characters to utilize
2) Influence system - made the game much more realistic in that the PC could influence others around them for good or bad.
3) Prestige classes - definitely cool to have the PC as an elite Jedi.
4) Robes - a big improvement over the KotOR versions.
5) Gameplay complexity - lightsaber forms were a nice touch although which one the PC used after level 20 didn't seem to make a big difference in the outcome of combat situations. Being able to build weapon upgrades and then use those to upgrade many weapons picked up or purchased during the course of game play was also enjoyable. And I liked that the lightsaber had a lot more in the way of upgrades this time through.
6) Lightsaber rarity - lightsabers seemed harder to come by in TSL and I liked that. Not a whole lot of Jedi left so to me it stands to reason that there wouldn't be many lightsabers floating around.

CONS
1) Hole-ridden storyline - I still have a lot of unanswered questions about things that occurred in The Exile's past that I would like answered. Maybe I won't feel this way if I play the game thru a couple more times.
2) Interaction with NPC's - not as well done as in the 1st KotOR. For example, I don't know what happened with Bao-Dur but I couldn't seem to trigger any additional dialog scripts after his big part in constructing a special item for my PC even though my PC spoke with him on several occasions after that thru the rest of the game. Why that was I don't know.
3) Gameplay complexity - trying to ensure my party was using the correct combat settings/lightsaber forms for the combat situation took away from the game some. Also figuring out what upgrades I could use with what items took more time than I really wanted to spend. At the beginning of the game it wasn't a problem because there wasn't many upgrades available and my PC didn't have enough skill points to build many of them. As the game progressed towards the latter stages however I found myself spending considerable time trying to figure out what the best upgrade combos were for my weapons/armor/robes and I felt that detracted from the gameplay experience.
4) Broken Quests - The fuel source for Telos being one. Another occurred when I didn't initally kill the Exchange guards on Nar Shadaa and the game wouldn't let me complete the related quest after that.
5) Ending - aside from the general feeling that the ending left something to be desired...
spoiler:
I don't understand how the Ebon Hawk crashed hard on Malachor V, fell down a deep canyon, and then was there to whisk the Exile safely away after Malachor V exploded. Oh and why did Malachor V explode anyway? Did Bao Dur's Remote trigger the mass shadow generator after all? If so I must have missed that. Or was it the death of the final "Sith Lord" that shook the foundations of the planet and caused it to destroy itself? The ending just didn't play along very believable lines IMHO.

I do hope LucasArts commissions the development of KotOR 3. Obsidian Entertainment would be a good choice for developer IMO but if KotOR 3 does go gold I hope that LA takes the opportunity to fill in some of the gaps they created with TSL. I'll certainly buy KotOR 3 to find out if and when the game is released. TSL provided some disappointment but I still pulled a couple of all-nighters to finish the game, simply because I enjoyed playing the game in spite of its weaknesses.

Want to battle against cancer and other chronic diseases? Join Team LFN!

Last edited by Hai Wan; 11-14-2005 at 09:05 PM.
Char Ell is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-16-2005, 02:56 PM   #181
Axe Windu
Rookie

Great game awesome features... very dissapointed with ending and things that werent in it. I was sitting at my screen going... wait wait what... thats it. I waited until it returned me to the title screen and Im just like... thats thats it... what about the ending? what about remote/goto? what about finding the HK 50s? What about Mira and Hanharr? What about the rest of the crew.... thats thats it. But the influencing party members, being able to train them, T3 being R2y, Mandalore, and many many others things were very awesome.

Axe Windu is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-16-2005, 05:25 PM   #182
KOTORwhore69
Lurker

I cant wait till Kighty Olds 3. OMG. Its going to be so awsome. I just wanna spulge all over my other games cause Kighty Olds kicks so much ass.
KOTORwhore69 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-16-2005, 06:55 PM   #183
johnhawke
Rookie

umm... ok, sound like someones OD'ing on the Horny Goat Weed. btw, why can't you force crush someones lightsaber? Am I the only one that ever thought of that? I mean even if you can protect it with the force, someone's got to be powerful enough to do it...
johnhawke is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-16-2005, 06:57 PM   #184
90SK
Universal Figment

^^^
Not a bad idea. I guess the devs just didn't think if it. Maybe we'll see it in K3.

Old 11-16-2005, 06:59 PM   #185
johnhawke
Rookie

I think a really evil sith lord would have powers like that. Force his oppenent to rely on the force rather than martial strength.

nulli secundus
Old 11-16-2005, 07:16 PM   #186
Char Ell
Force Enlightened

Current Game: The Old Republic
LFN Staff Member Folder extraordinaire Forum Veteran 
First impressions of the game, people. First impressions of the game called Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic: The Sith Lords. If you want to post about something other than your first impressions of TSL then please start a thread elsewhere in the forums. Don't contaminate this thread...

Want to battle against cancer and other chronic diseases? Join Team LFN!

Char Ell is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-16-2005, 07:30 PM   #187
johnhawke
Rookie

Umm since this game came about almost a year ago to the day, It's kinda hard to remember the first impression I had of it. :P Not really, I liked it, it just wasn't what I expected.

nulli secundus
Old 11-19-2005, 08:40 AM   #188
Darth Smaug
Veteran

I hope that Kotor III will be as good as Kotor I because TSL really sucked!
Kotor I was way better than TSL..I hope they will make K III as good as K I

I'm floating, and something's reaching out.
Darth Smaug is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-20-2005, 06:01 PM   #189
darth dudeius
Lurker

the game is the best starwars game ive played yet!!!!!!!!!!!! cant wait for the next 1 to come out......if there is gonna be a next!
darth dudeius is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-20-2005, 08:24 PM   #190
Ferus
Rookie

Well i actually havnt got it but i get it tomarrow ive beeten koter1 so much times it aint funny so i decided to get this one but i ordered it of the internet and it take soooooooooooo long to get here!
Ferus is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-21-2005, 03:03 PM   #191
Darth Smaug
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by darth dudeius
the game is the best starwars game ive played yet!!!!!!!!!!!! cant wait for the next 1 to come out......if there is gonna be a next!
They where making Kotor III allready..

Old 11-22-2005, 11:42 AM   #192
RobQel-Droma
Blah

Contest winner - Fan Fiction 
I am about partway through Peragus, and I like it so far. Looks pretty cool.
RobQel-Droma is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-13-2005, 09:44 PM   #193
Jae Onasi
Antiquis temporibus, nati tibi similes in rupibus ventosissimis exponebantur ad necem

Current Game: Guild Wars 2, VtMB, TOR
Alderaan News Holopics contributor Helpful! LucasCast staff Veteran Fan Fic Author 
I received K1 (PC) for Christmas last year, and since I hadn't played any video games in oh, about forever, I was amazed at how the game field had developed (hey, I played Atari when I was a kid), and I was blown away by the game. I enjoyed the graphics, the story, the adventures. After spending way too many hours on the game all Jan/Feb, I eagerly awaited K2. Like any sequel, there were parts I really liked and parts I thought could use improvement.
Things needing improvement:
1. The ending. It didn't have the same epic conclusion feeling as K1 because of being incomplete.
2. There was no romancing. Some people think it's kind of cheesy, I thought it was fun to make the characters fall in love.
3. The overall tone was much darker. Some people like that, I prefer my SW films/games to have happy "I just saved the entire universe!" endings.
4. I wanted Darth Nihilis to be tougher to beat.
5. I didn't like Malachor V--It's not fun to quest without your friends!
6. No Jolee!

Things I liked:
1. Kreia drove me crazy and fascinated me all at the same time. I enjoyed the complexity.
2. The other characters were just as interesting in K2 as the ones in K1.
3. It had times of humor just like K1
4. HK was even funnier.
5. Influence system was cool
6. I liked being able to make my companions Jedi (OK, I used RedHawke's Jedi mods for K1, too! )
7. The ability to break down items and make other stuff was really great. It gave me more incentive to put some points into various skills and make sure to develop the other characters.
8. Prestige classes are cool.
9. Some of the new/modified Force powers were spiff.
10. It was interesting to play different characters from time to time.
11. Random loot kept things interesting (or drove you nuts if you got 4 of the same things in a row ).

K2 didn't have quite the same 'wow' factor for me as K1, but I went into K1 with no expectations, and for K2 I had pretty high expectations, and that could have been the difference. I'm looking forward to seeing what the Restoration project does for K2.

From MST3K's spoof of "Hercules Unchained"--heard as Roman medic soldiers carry off an unconscious Greek Hercules on a 1950's Army green canvas stretcher: "Hi, we're IX-I-I. Did somebody dial IX-I-I?"

Read The Adventures of Jolee Bindo and see the amazing Peep Surgery
Story WIP: The Dragonfighters
My blog: Confessions of a Geeky Mom--Latest post: Security Alerts!
Love Star Trek AND gaming? Check out Lotus Fleet.

Jae Onasi is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-14-2005, 10:47 AM   #194
szzlstk
Lurker

just started playing it , overwhelming with the options ...don't think i'll be throwing any mods in just yet....gotten off of Telos... saved and ready to get back at it.....later
szzlstk is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-18-2005, 05:08 PM   #195
Aenon Jurtis
Rookie

i liked it alot. I liked the "upgrades" i only wish it was completed like the droid factory sequence. i also wish the party dialogue was more complex

"Do or do not their is no try"
-Yoda

"Always in motion the future is"
-Yoda

"If so powerful you are. Why leave?"
-Yoda

"Fath in your aprentice, misplaced me thinks, as is your faith in the dark side"
-Yoda
Aenon Jurtis is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-18-2005, 11:58 PM   #196
CloneTrooper501
Lurker

i hope they are making kotor 3

CloneTrooper501 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-19-2005, 07:34 AM   #197
Darth Smaug
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloneTrooper501
i hope they are making kotor 3
They're making it allready..

Old 12-21-2005, 12:59 PM   #198
Pooeypants
Rookie

KoTOR 2 was the biggest disappointed for me this year. I couldn't believe that the main badarse Sith lord was just some pathetic lackey.
If only Obsidian had more time I'm sure they would've pushed out a classic...
Pooeypants is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-01-2006, 02:23 PM   #199
Kristy Kistic

Well I finally got TSL. Typical me, I started modding right after I started the game. (I want a custom pc head - it definately improves my game enjoyment.) I'm very disappointed with the fact that Obsidian has actually DECREASED the quality of the models by removing vertices. One might think that a sequel would be of better quality - at least thats how it usually works. Course if I didn't want to dig into the game mechanics, I probably wouldn't care.

As far as the story line - well I just left Peragus, so I don't know yet.

Kristy Kistic is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-25-2006, 01:05 AM   #200
dede_frost
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Smaug
They where making Kotor III allready..
WOW, did I miss something?
I heard a LOT of rumors on KOTOR 3, but nothing I really think LA would do... If KOTOR 3 is already in developement, then which company gets to develo it?
do you really know this (like oficially) or is this just based on rumors? (I know that this isn't the right thread to post about this, but I really wanted to quote this message to find the truth about it...)
dede_frost is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Game Discussion > Telos Tourist Bureau > Got the game? Post your first impressions here!