lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Postlude to Holocaust Part VI: Strangers
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 12-26-2004, 06:08 PM   #81
Redwing
thedeadlymoose

10 year veteran! LFN Staff Member Forum Veteran LF Jester 
*K'Warra stares at Drago with a thoughtful look on his face*

K'Warra: Hm...so you go all the way back to the beginning. Another immortal. How interesting. Now if I can just remember where you came in, I could figure out what your problem is. Names would be helpful. Oh, and I never found immortality, immortality found me.

Aidan: *answering Heimdall* No one deserves to be locked up in a cage. That's a horrid idea. Besides, how dangerous can they possibly be?

Marin: *in a low voice* It doesn't seem right to leave them locked up like this...although this K'Warra makes me nervous...he could be dangerous...*in an even lower voice* And leaving him in that cage could be dangerous as well. If he's as powerful a mage as they say and he gets out without our help...

Redwing is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-26-2004, 09:45 PM   #82
Admiral
Ruler of Valhalla

Roleplayer 
Heimdall: There are some in this universe that deserve worse then these cages Aidan, and don't grow over confident.

*Gerd gets out of the Asgardried, shortly after her comes Vidar. He is without his armor, and bandages cover most of his upper torso and his arms. Still he walks under his own power if slighly slower then normal. Valda follows closely behind Vidar, having uttered a spell that was giving him additional strength. Bringing up the rear was Viddall and Ragnar.

When Vidar came close enough so not to shout he spoke.*

Vidar: Release them, and allow them to go home.

*Heimdall turned and looked at his brother briefly, nodded and then turned back.*

Heimdall: Guy, you have our answer let the captives go. *looking each cage for a moment* They can return to their homes or try and find peace here before the universe ends.

*The other Aesir had gathered in a lose circle around Vidar. Idun talked to Valda in a low voice so no one else could hear*

Idun: He shouldn't be up yet...

Valda: He insisted so I'm giving supporting him. No more then an hour at the most.

"Dulce bellum inexpertis."

Official Forum Expert on Norse Mythology
As Odin says in the Hovamal:
"Praise no day 'til evening; no wife 'til on her pyre; no sword 'til tested;
no maid 'til bedded; no ice 'til crossed;
no ale 'til drunk."
Admiral is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-26-2004, 10:03 PM   #83
Redwing
thedeadlymoose

*K'Warra smiles. Chere exhales with relief and relaxes*

K'Warra: Why thank you, whoever you may be. I am in your debt.

*Chere tenses up again and looks balefully at K'Warra out of the corner of her eye*

Guy: Very well.

*He walks towards the cages, producing a strange-looking device and, using at a key, unlocks each of the cages in turn. A faint shimmer dissipates around a section of the cage doors, which retract. The captives climb out*

Chere: Er,...how are we going to get home? Where are we, anyway?

K'Warra: *stretching out his various limbs* So. The universe is ending? I take it you weren't just talking about standard entropy there.

Old 12-26-2004, 10:15 PM   #84
Admiral
Ruler of Valhalla

Roleplayer 
Heimdall: In One and twenty years the universe will be destroyed in its entirety. You are currently on one of the beaches of the planet Kartin. Given it's size and population I estimate five years before this world is taken and all life removed from it.

*Vidar turns and begins to walk back to the ship. The red blood stains on his bandages slowly increase*

no ale 'til drunk."
Old 12-26-2004, 10:42 PM   #85
Redwing
thedeadlymoose

Chere: *dumbfounded* What? You're joking, right?

Aidan: Sorry. Sure seems it's the truth by this point.

K'Warra: Well, I suppose that explains the 'powers that be' limiting dimension travel heading this way. I've been wondering about that for quite some time.

Cody: Another...another planet? Not Earth?

K'Warra: Nope. Not Earth. You've been asleep a long time.

Old 12-26-2004, 10:57 PM   #86
Admiral
Ruler of Valhalla

Roleplayer 
Heimdall: Yes it is true, those responsible for this are fielding an army of over a 180 billion, and the majority of them will not stay dead. It is only a matter of time before they finish their job.

Of course most will probably die from starvation, perhaps you would like your cage better?

no ale 'til drunk."
Old 12-26-2004, 11:05 PM   #87
Redwing
thedeadlymoose

*K'Warra grins*

K'Warra: We'd starve to death in a cage too, wouldn't we? Anyway, unless your army of 180 billion can jump dimensions, I don't think my home planet has a problem. That problem, at least.

Chere: Um...by the way...you all are going to tell us how we can get home, right?

Old 12-26-2004, 11:10 PM   #88
Admiral
Ruler of Valhalla

Roleplayer 
Heimdall: Its not my army and they have done it once before. As far as returning to your homes, I personally don't know where your home is as such I definetly do not know how you would return. Best bet is to ask him *motions to Guy*

no ale 'til drunk."
Old 12-27-2004, 06:17 AM   #89
BattleDog
Terrible in War

Roleplayer 
*Drago leans towards Heimdall and wispers.*

Drago: I fear your brother has made an unwise decision. I have no objection to the others, as yet, but I think it would be best to rid ourselves of the gargoyle as quickly as possible.

*He turns to K'warra.*

Drago: You knew me as Drago the Barbarian. Does that help at all?

Fly Fast,
Shoot Straight,
Live Long!
BattleDog is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-27-2004, 07:03 AM   #90
Admiral
Ruler of Valhalla

Roleplayer 
Heimdall: You do not have all the information that my brother has, but your objection is noted. Keep in mind that we are just freeing them at this point and not taking them along with us. Also as soon as you contact your legions and arrange transport you and Allessa will be rid of them.

no ale 'til drunk."
Old 12-27-2004, 10:14 AM   #91
Redwing
thedeadlymoose

Guy: I'm willing to transport the three of you back to the Aether. I can't promise I can take you all the way back to your homes, although I will if time allows.

K'Warra: Drago the Barbarian, eh...So Conan with scales? Now, what did I do to someone named Drago the Barbarian that would make him describe me as 'totally lacking in conscience or honor'? I don't actually recall ever commanding an army of vampires and hellions, unless perhaps you're using a bit of hyperbole.

Chere: *under her breath* Ya right.

Cody: *to Chere, in a low voice* K'Warra commanding an army? That's hard to imagine...

Chere: *low voice in reply* Well, he looks the part, doesn't he? Wings, tail, claws...kind of-horns... He just needs more...clothes...

K'Warra: *at Heimdall's statement* Now why would we want you to take us along with you?

Old 12-27-2004, 01:26 PM   #92
BattleDog
Terrible in War

Roleplayer 
Drago: *To Heimdall* I admit I do not have the information Lord Vidar has but every time I run into him *gestures to K'warra.* I find my self running into trouble.

*To K'warra.* You arrived on my world with a charge, Elizabeth. You went to a Vampire Sorcerer asking him to create for her a child. As a result you set off a chain of events that plunged my planet into first war and then tirany. So you can understand why I'm not your biggest fan.

Fly Fast,
Shoot Straight,
Live Long!
Old 12-27-2004, 04:16 PM   #93
Admiral
Ruler of Valhalla

Roleplayer 
Heimdall *to K'warra*: You wouldn't. *He looks at Drago* Did you find out why K'Warra did that? It is possible that he had very good reasons that you do not know about.

no ale 'til drunk."
Old 12-27-2004, 08:32 PM   #94
jokemaster
The master of jokes

Roleplayer 
Matt: Nice to finally meet you.

Vader's wife was very pregnant when she died 19 years ago. All of a sudden a 19 year old who is very strong in the force and has a distinct resembalance to him in his younger days rolls in from Vader's home planet with his old Master Obi-Wan (Who was the ONLY other person preset at the time his wife died. And to boot, the kid's last name is Skywalker.

So in answer to your question, he knew Luke was his son because his name is Darth Vader, and not Darth Retard.

-Forum post on why Vader knew Luke was his son.
jokemaster is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-27-2004, 09:23 PM   #95
Redwing
thedeadlymoose

K'Warra: Vampire sorcerer? I don't...Elizabeth...ha! Kvana Clare. Shunaria. Mrear! Wait a second...*He frowns* THIS is Mrear's dimension? Where has all the magic gone? *He shakes his head* I never thought...

((OOS: JM: Is Matt talking to K'Warra?))

Old 12-27-2004, 09:31 PM   #96
jokemaster
The master of jokes

Roleplayer 
((No *points to prevoius page*))

Vader's wife was very pregnant when she died 19 years ago. All of a sudden a 19 year old who is very strong in the force and has a distinct resembalance to him in his younger days rolls in from Vader's home planet with his old Master Obi-Wan (Who was the ONLY other person preset at the time his wife died. And to boot, the kid's last name is Skywalker.

So in answer to your question, he knew Luke was his son because his name is Darth Vader, and not Darth Retard.

Old 12-28-2004, 06:22 AM   #97
Redwing
thedeadlymoose

((Ahh. Didn't think that made sense...I knew one of us was confused, and it looks like that 's me ))

Old 12-28-2004, 06:53 AM   #98
Deac
Now in 4-D!

Hot Topic Starter Roleplayer 
*Orthos feels the Avatar rise within him*

Ah yes. K'Warra. Remember me?

Deac: Purveyor of Fine Quality Postage Since 2001
Deac is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-28-2004, 07:38 AM   #99
Redwing
thedeadlymoose

K'Warra: *Staring at Orthos* No...

((Assuming nothing happened to Orthos except his voice getting deeper ))

Old 12-28-2004, 07:41 AM   #100
Writer
Not switching to DTV

Current Game: TrackMania Nations
Roleplayer Contest winner - Fan Fiction 
Elaina's eyebrows raised at Matt's comment. "Oh, has Tanara been speaking much of me?"

Before she recieved an answer, she noticed a small crowd on the beach surrounding the cages.

"What's going on over there?" she wondered aloud. Tanara looked that way and frowned.

"Elaina," she said, "stay with Matt. I'm going to have a look."

She left the two standing together and walked toward the cages. Meanwhile, Elaina looked at Matt and shrugged.

"I suppose 'younger sister' means I can't see things she can," she grinned. "Come on. Let's see what's going on over there."

Mom tells me I need brain food... but if writing ain't that, I don't know what is!

My work in progress:
Hidden Histories: The Galaxy Hacker

Have a read, give a review, yah?
Writer is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-28-2004, 10:18 AM   #101
BattleDog
Terrible in War

Roleplayer 
Drago: *To Heimdall* No I don't know why he did it but I can't see there is ever a good reason to enslave a whole planet. *To K'warra.* All the magic went for a holiday, however its recently been rearing its ugly head again. *Gesturing to Orthos.* You've met him before, after a fashion.

Fly Fast,
Shoot Straight,
Live Long!
Old 12-28-2004, 11:00 AM   #102
jokemaster
The master of jokes

Roleplayer 
((OK, I'm getting confused with this K'warra thing. What's going on?))
*Matt grinned. Finally there seemed to be someone as curious as him on board*
Matt: Probably some of the wierd things that attacked us some time ago.

Old 12-28-2004, 11:09 AM   #103
Deac
Now in 4-D!

[Red: Equals Starkiller speech]

Orthos: Not this man, but me beneath. Don't you remember? Perhaps the name Itrok is familiar? Or Jiyle?

Old 12-28-2004, 07:19 PM   #104
Writer
Not switching to DTV

Elaina glanced at Matt, her gaze questioning his meaning. "As I was not here, I have no idea what you're talking about," she reminded him.

Meanwhile, Tanara had approached the group and could see the occupants of the cages.

Mom tells me I need brain food... but if writing ain't that, I don't know what is!

My work in progress:

Old 12-28-2004, 09:55 PM   #105
Admiral
Ruler of Valhalla

Roleplayer 
Heimdall to Drago: It is very foolish of you to make judgements based without knowing the whole story and his reasons. What if he was tricked into doing that or was forced to? Would you still judge him the same?

Afterall, enslaving a world is hardly as bad as what we did, but we had, have very good reasons for our actions a year ago. Now if you all will excuse me I have some work I need to attend to.

*Heimdall gives a brief nod at K'Warra and the other freed captives, and heads back to the ship.*

no ale 'til drunk."
Old 12-28-2004, 10:47 PM   #106
Redwing
thedeadlymoose

((JM: What do you mean specifically? If it's long, ask in the discussion thread ))

Aidan: I can't think of a good reason to enslave a world. Mercy killing I can understand...

K'Warra: ...A year ago? Eh? What did "they" do? Mercy killing? Oh and Jiyle? I remember that name...I remember someone by that name abandoned Elizabeth to the clutches of the Vampire Kvana Clare when Shunaria captured me. Someone named Jiyle and someone named Drago the Barbarian...*K'Warra taps his chin* Great-great-great-grandaddys of yours?

*Raschel walks up shortly into the conversation and now speaks up*

Raschel: *to Drago and K'Warra* What exactly are you all talking about? Since when did "Magic" ever exist except in myth, and in other dimensions? And why have I never heard of you people if you did all this stuff? *to Orthos* Who are you channeling now and what is it talking about?

Old 12-28-2004, 11:07 PM   #107
Admiral
Ruler of Valhalla

Roleplayer 
*Heimdall stops and looks at Aidan*

Heimdall: Consider this Aidan, don't answer just think about it. You have a father and a brother both are cruel and enjoy watching people suffer. Your father has decreed that a world is to be taken over and the populace enslaved, either you or your brother could do it. If your brother does it the people will be brutalized, if you do it while these people may be slaves they will live out decent lives and not have to fear that strange men will torture them for no reason. If you try and oppose your father you will be killed and the people will still be enslaved.

This is such a circumstance that enslaving a world would not be an evil act but one where your trying to protect the population.

*looks at Raschel*

Heimdall: This is all long before you were born. Before I was born as well actually.

no ale 'til drunk."
Old 12-29-2004, 04:39 AM   #108
jokemaster
The master of jokes

Roleplayer 
((Posted.))
Matt: Sorry. Too used to talking to people who have been here for everything. A couple of weeks ago we were on the Aesir's home planet. We had to do a couple of things that would take a while to explain, basically get a key or something, then fight in a battle if we wanted to, but anyway, midway to or from getting the key, I don't remember which, we were attacked by a couple of people and a lot of strange creatures. They were after Guy, you're probably about to meet him, so he'll be able to explain things a bit more clearly than me.

Old 12-29-2004, 04:45 AM   #109
Deac
Now in 4-D!

Orthos: Same old. Just...it's energy. Not it's mind. But I still remember when it met him. He's been to Mrear. Long ago. Slippy character if ever there was one.

Old 12-29-2004, 07:22 AM   #110
Writer
Not switching to DTV

"Sounds... interesting," Elaina muttered. Then, she slipped forward until she could see what was going on. She could see Tanara, but Tanara was not paying attention.

"I don't mean to interrupt," Tanara said hesitantly. She paused there, unsure if she wanted to continue.

My work in progress:

Old 12-29-2004, 10:30 AM   #111
BattleDog
Terrible in War

Roleplayer 
Drago: If he was tricked then he would merely be a fool, I make my jugements based on what I have. Besides your example is over simplistic. There is always a third way.

My Lord, if I have arrayed my forces on an open plain and sent scouts to warn of the enemies approach but then I see soldiers bearing their colours approaching on my left flank in marching formation and my scouts do not return do I do nothing?

They may be a parley, they appear to be no immidiate threat but does that mean I should not turn my forces to face them?

My example is also simplistic.

Fly Fast,
Shoot Straight,
Live Long!

Last edited by BattleDog; 12-29-2004 at 10:41 AM.
Old 12-30-2004, 09:39 AM   #112
Admiral
Ruler of Valhalla

Roleplayer 
Heimdall: It was suppose to be simplistic Drago, and it still serves to prove the point that even though you may not be able to see a good reason for an action one still may exist. You should also know that there is not always a third option, sometimes there are no options at all.

As I said I do have work I need to attend to, goodbye.

*Heimdall again turns to the Asgardried and begins to head in.*

no ale 'til drunk."
Old 12-30-2004, 10:31 AM   #113
Writer
Not switching to DTV

"Excuse me," Tanara said, running after Heimdall. "I had Raschel ask you about my sister, but she never returned with your answer. Will Elaina be allowed to stay with us?"

Meanwhile, Elaina's eyes followed her sister.

My work in progress:

Old 12-30-2004, 12:50 PM   #114
BattleDog
Terrible in War

Roleplayer 
*Drago scraches his beard.*

Fly Fast,
Shoot Straight,
Live Long!
Old 12-30-2004, 06:28 PM   #115
jokemaster
The master of jokes

Roleplayer 
*Matt follows them back to the ship, hoping Elaina stays and wondering if he'll get a chance to speak to the until recently caged*

Old 12-31-2004, 08:16 AM   #116
Admiral
Ruler of Valhalla

Roleplayer 
((JM: Is Matt following Heimdall and Tanara? I'm asking since they are the only ones heading back to the ship at the moment, and if he wants to talk to K'Warra, Chere, Cody (the three that were in the cages) he would be going the other way))

*Heimdall stops and turns to Tanara, hoping this wouldn't take long, he really did need to return to his forge and continue repairing the armor.*

Heimdall: I'm sorry, but unless there is a very good reason to take your sister along the answer is no.

no ale 'til drunk."
Old 01-01-2005, 08:27 AM   #117
jokemaster
The master of jokes

Roleplayer 
((Whoops, thought they were heading to the ship too. Gotta go now, will post later))

Old 01-01-2005, 09:53 PM   #118
Redwing
thedeadlymoose

*K'Warra spreads his arms in an expansive shrug*

K'Warra: Why waste time trying to remember the little details of events that lost their relevance thousands of years ago?

Raschel: Great. More immortals? Just how many immortal creatures are there in this universe?!

K'Warra: I don't know. I seem to recall there was a small race of Immortals on Mrear.
*Looks at Drago* Is that what your non-judgemental friend is? *pointing off to Heimdall* He doesn't smell like you, but...

Chere: *looking off in the surf* Are those...dragons?

Marin: They're called Drakes...they're the friends of the Aesir here...they're the ones in the dark blue armor. Like the man who just left.

K'Warra: Ah, so a race of immortals called the Aesir, and allied with alien Dragons.

Cody: *turning around and staring at the Drakes as well* Wow...

Aidan: Hang on, "K'Warra". There's still the issue here about you trying to kill Chere.

Chere: Yeah!

K'Warra: Come now, you two are being ridiculous. I don't intend to kill your short friend. She's far too entertaining. Besides, as I explained to her eleven months ago, I was working off false information and mistook her for someone else.

Chere: I AM AN UNUSUAL PERSON! I DON'T LOOK LIKE JUST ANYBODY ELSE OFF THE STREET!

K'Warra: *grinning at her* So you would like to think. Besides, if I really wanted to kill you do you really think I wouldn't have tried already?

edit: Aesir wear dark, not light blue armor

Last edited by Redwing; 01-04-2005 at 01:52 PM.
Old 01-02-2005, 05:18 AM   #119
BattleDog
Terrible in War

Roleplayer 
Drago: I think "Alien" is one you should not use too freely. On this world we are all "aliens".

*Hal and Allessa finally decide to look in on the disturbance.*

Hal: Whats going on here.

Fly Fast,
Shoot Straight,
Live Long!
Old 01-03-2005, 10:20 PM   #120
Redwing
thedeadlymoose

Marin: Hal, Allessa...these three are other people from my dimension, Cody, Chere and K'Warra *pointing to each*. The people that attacked us were holding them prisoner and left them behind. *to Cody, Chere and K'Warra* The man who just left was Heimdall. The others are...*She introduces everyone present [with the exception of the Aesir whose names she doesn't know]*

Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > RogueSquadron.net > 1. Community > RSRP > Postlude to Holocaust Part VI: Strangers