lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Boba Fett's jetpack
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 12-24-2004, 05:09 PM   #1
TK-425
Forumite

Question Boba Fett's jetpack

I have a question, how does Fetts pack work? Is it long range? Or more of a hyped up booster pack?

TK-425 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-25-2004, 10:29 AM   #2
Pho3nix
#rekt

Forum Veteran 
All i know is that it's not that far-ranged. Maybe it can only have short bursts, like the Jet-Trooper.

Pho3nix is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-03-2005, 04:03 PM   #3
pnkparasite
Rookie

It's Probably just a regular jet pack used by an important guy so it seems to be better. Thats just my guess though don't depend on it.
pnkparasite is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-04-2005, 01:27 AM   #4
Evil Dark Jedi
The Dark Side pwns!

Its like the jet-troopers jetpack. Only bursts that let you fly across a distance.

Sig encountering technical difficulties...
Evil Dark Jedi is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-10-2005, 10:39 AM   #5
guybroom
Troezen

Has anyone played JA? There's a level where you fight boba fett and he doesn't fly very far or for a long time. So I think this agrees with what you are saying about the short range thing.

IM NOT GOING TO BE ON THE FORUMS VERY OFTEN NOW! I MIGHT BE ON TIME TO TIME, BUT IVE BASICLY GIVEN UP THE FORUMS NOW!!!!

bye all

Guybroom
guybroom is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-10-2005, 01:33 PM   #6
TK-425
Forumite

I have played JA. Although, you cant always trust raven software to do everything accurately. Also you have to consider the limitations of the map he's flying around in.

Old 01-10-2005, 01:37 PM   #7
TK-425
Forumite

Also, I have a question about your signature. What brains?

Old 02-20-2005, 05:40 PM   #8
shukrallah
White Dragon

Jango seemed to be able to fly well, and to anywhere he wanted without limitations. Of course no ones going to fly constantly, it would be tough to aim, not to mention fuel consumption.

I think hes got a jetpack like Jango, he just didn't really need it in the movies.
shukrallah is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-20-2005, 05:52 PM   #9
Kurgan
Headhunter

LFN Staff Member 10 year veteran! 
Well the thing to keep in mind is that SWBF, JA, et al, are games, and in games statistics are manipulated for the sake of challenge/balance. Ie: "realism" is sacrificed.

So it's not like Raven Software or Pandemic Studies are being dishonest, they're simply allowed to "bend reality" as it were for the sake of game mechanics, like any other game makers. So I'd look to the movies for your info if you're interested.

Download JK2 maps for JA Server|BOOT CAMP!|Strategic Academy|
(JA Server: 108.178.55.189:29070)

"The Concussion Rifle is the weapon of a Jedi Knight Player, an elegant weapon, from a more civilized community." - Kyle Katarn
Kurgan is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-22-2006, 03:36 AM   #10
dannydoo
Lurker

I would have to say its based on a jet propelled engine burning nitro methane or similiar.based on how much fuel is carried would determine distance.
But assuming these advanced times...They could be using antimatter fuels like the spaceships that landed on our planet and were trying to duplicate.
Too bad its talking 8yrs already and all they have is 1/2 of a molecule so far.
And thats after running these molecules thru miles of magnetic atom splitting tunnels and filters watercoolers etc etc for those 8years 24hrs a day.

1 atom of antimatter is equivelint to 3 nuclear bombs in energy.Do a search for antimatter and youll be amazed.
I believe that fetts jet pack would take him plenty far,and he must have had sometype of computer controlled guidance system to help steer maybe in his helmet.Like a heads up display maybe.
Kinda like a missle,it finds its destination and gets there.

Do a search on jet engines,they make them for remote control airplanes.I have seeen go carts and drag cars with many assorted types.

The unrealistic part is how to steer it and control stopping.
You can find video on jet packs that were already tried and tested.If your crafty enough
dannydoo is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-22-2006, 10:47 AM   #11
Prime
Am I a truck or robot?

Current Game: Skyrim, Macross PS2
10 year veteran! LF Jester Veteran Modder Helpful! 
I always wondered why he needed a jetpack at all. Why not just use a repuslorlift like everything else? We know they can be small enough, and it seems there would be no detrimental effects from being strapped to one.

Just seems to be a much "cleaner" solution (no thrust exhaust, etc.) for moving through the air...

Thoughts?

Prime is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-22-2006, 12:30 PM   #12
PoiuyWired
Unregistered User

I think maybe the jetpack have better speed and reaction time. That, and it can work well as a weapon if needed. Well, and I guess it might give a better chance of escape in case you got swallowed alive by a big monster.
PoiuyWired is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-24-2008, 03:48 PM   #13
ellimar
Lurker

I think that (since Boba uses Jango's old equiptment) that his jetpack would function like Jango's, but that he didn't really need to use it in the movies.

Check out my KotOR 1&2 Mods at my website, Ellimar Mods!
I am the master, I am Ellimar.
ellimar is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-26-2008, 01:16 AM   #14
Fredi
El Guapo

I think is just a short boost, nothing that can make you fly for a long time.

"Evil is a word used by the ignorant and the weak. The dark side is about survival. It's about unleashing your inner power. It glorifies the strength of the individual."
Fredi is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-17-2009, 11:51 AM   #15
Turb0
Rookie

In Battlefront 2 you can fly with it about 15 seconds. It's not really meant to fly all over the land, just short ranges. I don't know for the fuel but in BF it refills automatically when not flying.

/sorry for possible bad English/

the great AT-AT lover
Turb0 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Star Wars > Original Trilogy > Boba Fett's jetpack