lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Empire at War
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 01-17-2005, 04:12 PM   #81
swphreak
My cabbages!!!

10 year veteran! Folder extraordinaire LFN Staff Member Forum Veteran 
You just know LA is going to release the "PT X-pac." for more money. I'd be suprised if they didn't.

I just can;t wait til the Space Battles. I hope you can choose between Space, Ground, and both in multiplayer/skirmish... cuz I'd be doing a lot of Space fighting.
swphreak is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-18-2005, 01:21 AM   #82
DK_Viceroy
Viceroy of the Truist Way

Good to have you back indeed, it's no fun arguing against Windu he's like a birck wall at times.

I'm gonna enjoy Space Batles as well, none shall survive a 6 Pronged simeoultaneous assault on their planets.

I AM the prophet of the truth the protector of Star Wars Truism

Star Wars Truism by it's very nature is eternal and will outlive Star Wars Purism

Everything I say is a lie for the Truth is always greater than the words we use to describe it

Do you have any last words?

DK_Viceroy is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-18-2005, 11:53 PM   #83
FroZticles
Veteran

The Viceroy era is over welcome back Vostok hope you bring balance and peace back into the forums.

Age of Empires 3
vs
Empire at War
vs
Rise of Legends
vs
Battle for Middle-Earth 2

Let the battle begin.....

FroZticles is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-19-2005, 09:02 AM   #84
DK_Viceroy

The Era of Viceroy persists fool!

I maintained peace and order and kept Windu relitively quiet with an Iron Grasp.

Star Wars Truism by it's very nature is eternal and will outlive Star Wars Purism

Everything I say is a lie for the Truth is always greater than the words we use to describe it

Old 01-19-2005, 04:23 PM   #85
FroZticles
Veteran

I think your ranting over EU and truism was worse then Windu's views. Your the one that needs controlling not Windu

Age of Empires 3
vs
Empire at War
vs
Rise of Legends
vs
Battle for Middle-Earth 2

Let the battle begin.....

FroZticles is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-19-2005, 06:38 PM   #86
swphreak
My cabbages!!!

10 year veteran! Folder extraordinaire LFN Staff Member Forum Veteran 
You both need to control yourselves.

I wonder how the Interdictor Cruiser will work in EaW. Will it actually have some area of effect (like maybe reduced speed or what it was built for: prevent escape).

I also wonder if the Executor will be in game and if there will be a big battle with it and the Death Star.
swphreak is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-20-2005, 12:06 AM   #87
DK_Viceroy

We'd need to wait to see whether they're putting in Hyperspace since if they were that would be the the problem solved, it would stop ships escaping to hyperspace but if they got out of it's range they'd be able to or obviously if it was destroyed.

Froz EU and Truism are on and the same

Old 01-22-2005, 03:33 AM   #88
Admiral Vostok
Lord of Star Wars Purists

Truism is a silly name. If EU has anything to do with truth then why does George Lucas not accept it?

Admiral Vostok, Star Wars Scholar and Lord of the Star Wars Purists.

Check out Admiral Vostok's plan for a new Star Wars RTS
Admiral Vostok is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-23-2005, 04:12 PM   #89
XBebop

Well, GL DID say he was originally going to make 9 movies. But, since he waited 20 years to make the second trilogy he has no time and it's up to the people that make the EU to continue his story.
XBebop is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-23-2005, 05:34 PM   #90
lukeiamyourdad
Using Teletraan I

LFN Staff Member 
Nuh uh.

He said that original Star Wars story, the saga of Anakin was supposed to take 9 movies to tell but it was compressed down to 6. Get your facts straight.

http://www.marioramos.ca/ -A friend of mine and an aspiring filmmaker.
lukeiamyourdad is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-26-2005, 06:35 PM   #91
XBebop

I'm just going by what I heard on the trilogy DVD.
XBebop is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-28-2005, 08:57 PM   #92
Admiral Vostok

To be precise, he originally only intended to make the original trilogy. Even though he renamed Star Wars to Episode IV: A New Hope in 1978, he never intended at that time to make the first three movies. He wanted the Episode IV subtitle to reflect a Saturday Matinee serial that you'd come into in the middle of and had to figure out for yourself.

Then around the time of the release of the Special Edition he began work on the prequels, and at that time (before The Phantom Menace was written) he made a vague statement that he would make the Star Wars saga into a nine episode franchise.

Once The Phantom Menace script was complete he realised that nine episodes were unnecessary and instead Star Wars became a six part saga.

Old 01-29-2005, 12:07 AM   #93
saberhagen

IIRC it was widely believed in the early 80s that the saga would eventually be 9 episodes. I think this was mentioned in ROTJ comic which was officially sanctioned by LF.

TBH I wouldn't completely trust anything in the documentaries with the new OT DVDs. I suspect Lucas is trying to rewrite history for various reasons.
saberhagen is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-03-2005, 10:59 PM   #94
Admiral Vostok

Well if he was trying to re-write history (which in some respects he is - ie the DVD Version of Star Wars is the only one that ever existed) I don't see why he would say he never intended to make the movies he is now making... seems to me a lot cooler if he always intended to do it this way...

Old 02-04-2005, 02:11 AM   #95
saberhagen

Well I'm sure the idea of a 9 film saga was out in public around the time of the original release of ROTJ. Whether it had orginally come from Lucas himself, I have no idea.
saberhagen is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-04-2005, 09:38 PM   #96
Admiral Vostok

Well it's possible the idea came around before Return of the Jedi, I may have been wrong in placing its origin around the Special Edition. However I tend to believe George Lucas' commentary that whilst making Episode IV, he did not intend to make Episodes I-III.

Old 03-02-2005, 06:11 PM   #97
JediMasterEd
Forumite

Location: I dunno...somewhere between the Pacific and Atlantic Oceans...
If that's the case, then he should of followed through and NOT made I and II or at least reconsidered not completely converting to CG which ended up having the new SW movies lose it's novelty as an origional movie that allows IV-VI to follow after. It's too much of a radical change. So unless GL has something up his sleeve if he does do VII-IX...it's already doomed to failure unless he does extremely well in III, which for right now seems to be the case. *goes back to drooling as he watches the Ep.III trailer again*

Honestly, I really think that even though the first three released SW movies were good enough alone but in a way it needed some history behind what's going on, like what was going on before the Rebellion and what led up to it besides the obvious rise of power with Palpatine and the evil Empire. Some people are picky and need to know, "What caused this and that" or "Who's his/her background?"

The new movies seem to cover it, just needs a few rescripting in II (Which would probably only leave the last 20 minutes of actual decent movie time) and the removal/modification of Jar Jar in I... Lucas tried to recover in II giving Jar Jar a more important role, but all it turned out to be was another reason to kill him; the cause of the rise by proposing Emergency Powers to Palpatine. Sorry Lucas, we're still out to get poor Jar Jar.

My biggest question concerning EaW is unit control in space and coordination during battles. Will they be automatically assigned patrol points within an assigned area in space or will they remain idle? If they're allowed to move while idle, how will they be in battle? Will we see a Homeworld II copy of action when the fighters are constantly moving or will they take turns and shoot each other while idle? I'm sure this isn't the case seeing some of the screenies, but it's just a curiousity question.

Oh, and seeing how the game's layed out, I hope the Interdictor plays a role such as the one mentioned by DK_Viceroy. As long as there is no Rebel counter (Since there was never one for what I know). Seeing the Executioner wouldn't be too bad, as long as it stays far away from my bases. Far...far....far away... Death Star too, only even farther.

Peter: Another thing that grinds my gears is when I can't find the droids I'm looking for.
Stormtrooper: Yeah, I know. What gives with that?
JediMasterEd is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Empire At War > Community > GalacticBattles.com > Star Wars: Galactic Battlegrounds > Galactic Discussion > Empire at War