lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Ideas for a sequel? *might be spoilers*
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 01-20-2006, 08:46 PM   #81
commander_delta
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MachineCult
Yes but, they had already left without him. The sequel would not start on Kashyyyk looking for sev.
true but they should recruit more commandos then
commander_delta is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-21-2006, 06:38 AM   #82
MachineCult
Vincit Amor Patria

I'm sure they will.

"For where ever there is a n00b, there is MachineCult to make him cry and cringe."
- Halo_92

MachineCult is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-21-2006, 06:40 AM   #83
Redtech
Veteran

How about starting from Sev's POV as the tutorial level, then showing the "new" commandos as the min game with some interlooping part-thing.

I am the definition of your defeat.
Redtech is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-21-2006, 08:48 AM   #84
commander_delta
Rookie

true i think you have a point their. also it should show what happened to sev and i think you should be able to pick up the magnaguards staffs.
Old 01-21-2006, 02:10 PM   #85
commander_delta
Rookie

also in the epiloge yoda says "rendesvous with delta squad we must" makes you think doesnt it
Old 01-21-2006, 05:29 PM   #86
TK-8252
Get Cloned.

Quote:
Originally Posted by commander_delta
also in the epiloge yoda says "rendesvous with delta squad we must" makes you think doesnt it
Yup. It means that the new invasion force arriving on Kashyyyk must meet up with Delta Squad.
TK-8252 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-22-2006, 12:33 AM   #87
Bomberman65

Current Game: Uncharted 2
Yeah well I heard somewhere that there making a sequel and It was called Republic Commando: Tides of War. I'm not sure If Its true but oh man I hope It Is.

Heroes get remembered, Legends never die
Bomberman65 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-22-2006, 09:10 AM   #88
commander_delta
Rookie

thats sweet im obviosly going to get republic commando tides of war. also sev is part of delta squad so wouldnt that mean they have to meet up with him to
Old 01-22-2006, 12:48 PM   #89
duaryn
Rookie

They left Sev cause they needed the rest of the squad more.

"Delta Squad" for Yoda is Boss, Scorch and Fixer. Only those three....

Note to the side: EP3 and the end of RC are at least a year and a half apart.

In a sequel finding Sev dead would cause a much more interesing story, wouldn't it?
duaryn is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-22-2006, 02:28 PM   #90
commander_delta
Rookie

god at the end of republic commando finding that we left sev there it made me cry
Old 01-30-2006, 03:01 PM   #91
MachineCult
Vincit Amor Patria

It's not that upsetting commander_delta.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bomberman65
Yeah well I heard somewhere that there making a sequel and It was called Republic Commando: Tides of War. I'm not sure If Its true but oh man I hope It Is.
Where did you hear/read this?

"For where ever there is a n00b, there is MachineCult to make him cry and cringe."
- Halo_92

Old 04-24-2006, 09:50 PM   #92
Ben_Walker
Smartass

I'd love a Commando sequel, it was very refreshing, having a Star Wars game that didn't have any Jedi or lightsabers, speaking of which Commandos with lightsabers would be bad so would playing a Jedi, we have Jedi Knight and KOTOR series for that, along with Battlefront and Clone Wars(shudders) if you want to storm through a battlefield with a lightsaber. This game was grittier and that's what I liked... after I realised the Force wasn't going to save my backside here.

Just didn't like the ending, though I figured Sev would've survived and ultimately ended up helping the Rebels prior to the Alliance being formed. An Imperial Commando would've been, interesting, but now I affiliate Commandos with fighting the good fight and exterminating Rebels and Jedi would go against that image. So I'm gonna hope the Tides Of War title will happen. But for that one, I hope we find out Sev's fate. I know replacing clones is easy enough, but would Delta Squad want a replacement for him... if they had a choice in the matter, so how would they treat one?

Remember the breeze across your face
Remember the swaying sleeves in the wind
Remember the grains of sand beneath your feet
between your toes
Remember the freedom in the never ending waves

Remember I'll be at the beach.

Jedi Academy - Renaissance
Ben_Walker is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-25-2006, 05:01 AM   #93
Redtech
Veteran

Well, according to the book "Hard Contact" they'd be fine with a new member, but it'd be difficult to gel with someone you've never trained with for 10 years. Just like real life

Old 04-28-2006, 07:43 AM   #94
CodyFanGirl
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redtech
How about starting from Sev's POV as the tutorial level, then showing the "new" commandos as the min game with some interlooping part-thing.

Yeah, that sounds good

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bomberman65
Link ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by commander_delta
god at the end of republic commando finding that we left sev there it made me cry
Yeah, that was freaking sad I felt especially sad for Scorch, as Sev was his pod brother and all
CodyFanGirl is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-28-2006, 04:05 PM   #95
Niner_777
[RC-1270]

I figure that they have a little while until the clones receive order sixty-six. A game about order sixty-six would be really cool, but it might be a bit too contraversial. So, say they make another campaign or two on Kashyyyk. Each mission isn't that long when you think about it. The travel and time between each misssion might be long, but I'd say that each campaign would take less than a week, maybe. Unless the times when the drop-ship picks them up and delta squad is riding takes more than a couple of days.

So there is one or two campaigns on Kashyyyk. Then maybe before order sixty-six, they are sent to somewhere like Mygeeto. There could be a campaign or two there also. Therefore, the sequal doensn't have to have anything to do with order sixty-six. They could maybe even be sent to another planet.

I'd be also fine with just and expansion pack. They missed out a lot between Clone Wars: Zero Hour and the invasion of Kashyyyk. They could have been sent to Cato Nemoidia or Utapau, places like that.

Btw, I think that they should find Sev. He was cool.

(^Click the pic to reveal my...) | Republic Commando: -]RC[-AjaX
BF2142: -]RC[-Auxidus | www.redcellgaming.com (I really need a userbar, eh. >.<)
Niner_777 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-29-2006, 01:50 AM   #96
Ben_Walker
Smartass

Sev rocked, bring back Sev.

Remember the breeze across your face
Remember the swaying sleeves in the wind
Remember the grains of sand beneath your feet
between your toes
Remember the freedom in the never ending waves

Remember I'll be at the beach.

Jedi Academy - Renaissance
Ben_Walker is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-14-2006, 12:24 PM   #97
Niner_777
[RC-1270]

I don't really see the point in loosing Sev if LA wasn't going to have a sequel with him in it in some way. Unless they did that just to make people remember the game?

BF2142: -]RC[-Auxidus | www.redcellgaming.com (I really need a userbar, eh. >.<)
Old 05-15-2006, 02:16 PM   #98
Redtech
Veteran

Well, as soon as there's a need for more money to be taken from the consumer...

Old 06-10-2006, 11:50 AM   #99
Niner_777
[RC-1270]

I hope that that's not the only reason to make a sequel. If it was, they probably would have whipped out a game by now and smacked RC2 on it.

Old 06-12-2006, 09:56 AM   #100
Redtech
Veteran

It depends on the developer really. Pandemic really were/are milking Battlefront, but the guys doing RC seem to want to move on. Wait...weren't they the guys who did Quake 4?

Old 06-13-2006, 04:45 PM   #101
Niner_777
[RC-1270]

What ideas do you guys have for possible missions in RC2? I was thinking about making a thread to discuss this, but then I decided that it would fit in here. You could include how the mission could tie into the RC1 and include some possible objectives and weapons.

Old 06-13-2006, 06:13 PM   #102
Cheech Marin
Rookie

How about an appearance by Kal Skirata, Walon Vau, and a few Null ARCs to make things even more interesting. (In case you're wondering, these characters are from the novel Hard Contact: Triple Zero)
Cheech Marin is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-14-2006, 08:14 AM   #103
Redtech
Veteran

Hostage situation on coruscant (it's a mini-story by the writer of Hard Contact).

Old 06-14-2006, 02:07 PM   #104
Niner_777
[RC-1270]

That would be good. There could be a mission from Labrynth of Evil on Coruscant. They could be underground searching for Dooku and then Coruscant would be attacked. They'd have to go to the surface and help out. They could fight on highways and in malls and banks, etc. There'd be plenty of civilians around to try to protect. If anybody wishes to add to this, feel free.

Old 06-19-2006, 03:13 PM   #105
omega1107
Rookie

Maybe, since the game ended at kashyyyk, they could do some large arms thing, like you participate in the battle of kachiro, with juggernaughts and such that you can pilot. then it could just advance through the clone wars, with random missions to obscure planets and whatnot. i just want to see large-scale battles. that you can participate in.

Yeah, that would be cool. maybe you could even grab an arc-170 and go cover obi-wan and anakin

P.S. how do you do the spoiler thing??

Revenge of the Mandalorians
omega1107 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-19-2006, 10:49 PM   #106
Mr_No_One
Rookie

hers how the sereis should go: rcommando. rccommando2 is sumtime in da game u find sev and in the end u get order 66. imperial commando takes place after rcommando2 and later in da game ur suits change to imperials.
Mr_No_One is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-20-2006, 09:15 AM   #107
Niner_777
[RC-1270]

The first campaign in RC2 could be on Kashyyyk. They'd find Sev in the first campaign. Maybe participate in the outskirts of a large scale battle. Maybe save an oil refinery or something.

Old 06-20-2006, 09:17 AM   #108
TK-8252
Get Cloned.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niner_777
The first campaign in RC2 could be on Kashyyyk. They'd find Sev in the first campaign.
If you listen during the end of Republic Commando, you'll see that their objective is not to find Sev. They were being pulled out of their mission to be placed elsewhere. Chances are Sev will be long gone. He's gone, and I think fans need to accept this.
Old 06-20-2006, 09:29 AM   #109
Niner_777
[RC-1270]

N0000000000! You lie! jk. Yeah, well, they could be going on their normal mission when they happen to take a side route through a prison to get around a main battle and they run into Sev. Or maybe, they could realize that Sev has something really important, that maybe another jedi gave him without Yoda knowing, something like that. Its just... I don't want to lose Sev! lol

Old 06-20-2006, 09:59 AM   #110
Mr_No_One
Rookie

they might find sev in a normal mission cause he might be laying in plain site.
Mr_No_One is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-20-2006, 10:12 AM   #111
MachineCult
Vincit Amor Patria

Or, Sev might have been picked up when the entire Battle Group of Clone Troopers went to Kashyyyk in ROTS, anyone think of that?

- Halo_92

Old 06-20-2006, 10:16 AM   #112
TK-8252
Get Cloned.

The only possibility I see of saving Sev is if Delta Squad comes across him in some kind of raid of a Separatist compound, as the Confederacy crumbles at the end of the war. Having Sev back early in the game would be anticlimactical.
Old 06-20-2006, 12:03 PM   #113
Niner_777
[RC-1270]

Yeah, I suppose so, but don't you think that there should be four people in their squad. If you do, who whould replace Sev until the climax?

Old 06-20-2006, 01:15 PM   #114
TK-8252
Get Cloned.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niner_777
Yeah, I suppose so, but don't you think that there should be four people in their squad. If you do, who whould replace Sev until the climax?
That's a good question. Perhaps, after they finish their duties on Kashyyyk only the three of them, they would be sent back on a Star Destroyer, on which Delta Squad would be introduced to an "orphan" commando, one whose squadmates were wiped out. He would be "adopted" into your squad for the rest of the missions... and eventually, they could come across Sev near the end of the war.
Old 06-21-2006, 01:37 PM   #115
Redtech
Veteran

Heck, they should let you play as the "noob". That way you'd be a commando that everyone would hate and you'd have to earn respect...sadly that doesn't work with Boss though.

Old 06-21-2006, 01:41 PM   #116
TK-8252
Get Cloned.

Quote:
Heck, they should let you play as the "noob". That way you'd be a commando that everyone would hate and you'd have to earn respect...sadly that doesn't work with Boss though.
I'd want to still be Boss... come on, gotta have those squad commands. Besides, what would happen if Boss is giving commands, and you don't follow them...
Old 06-21-2006, 01:44 PM   #117
Redtech
Veteran

As my cockey friends would say "you get a big slap!"

I would like to see the characters devlope a little. A noob growing into a pro would be a nice start..sort of how Raiden is a master of asskickery in Metal Gear.

Old 06-21-2006, 01:47 PM   #118
TK-8252
Get Cloned.

Quote:
As my cockey friends would say "you get a big slap!"
Yes, but, it would disrupt the flow of the game. Not to mention a human brain is always better at giving orders than pre-set computer orders. Situations arise when things need to be done to ensure the squad's survival that a computer can't think to do.

Quote:
I would like to see the characters devlope a little. A noob growing into a pro would be a nice start..sort of how Raiden is a master of asskickery in Metal Gear.
Well, the new character wouldn't really be a "noob." He already has experience and has been trained like all the other commandos, it's just that something killed off his squadmates.
Old 06-22-2006, 07:48 AM   #119
Redtech
Veteran

Yeah. But it'd be nice for the new guy to be less experienced, not less competant. Then Sev returns and has a bone to pick with everyone! I'm in agreement with you though.

Old 06-22-2006, 08:53 AM   #120
Niner_777
[RC-1270]

Maybe the "noob" could be kind of like Atin from Hard Contact. He'd never say much, but as he gets to know your squad and finishes missions with them, you'd see his growth in that he becomes more accepting. At first, maybe he'll act like he doesn't want to be there.

Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > RepublicCommando.Net > General Discussion > Reporting for Duty > Ideas for a sequel? *might be spoilers*