lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Ideas for a sequel? *might be spoilers*
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 01-08-2007, 12:18 PM   #281
Halo_92

I do want to kill them. only on saturdays though.
Halo_92 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-08-2007, 01:59 PM   #282
delta40
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by RC-1162
if you mean Sev, he survives somehow. don't ask me how, why, when or where, but he appears in Triple Zero which is set after the RC video game, so its obvious he survives, thought how exactly should be answered by Karen Traviss.
i've got to get that tell me is it a comic?If so where did you find it?
delta40 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-08-2007, 09:45 PM   #283
RC-0017
Lurker

Post Yes, delta40 is right.

Delta40, have you read hard contact and/or triple zero? I have, and they are so good. If anyone hasn't, I think you should read them. they are ecceptional books, and they are about republic commandos!

RC-0017, Reporting for duty.
RC-0017 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-17-2007, 01:44 PM   #284
CucumberBoy
Lurker

Ok, remember the last thing said in the game? (by 38?)

Isn't that one hell of a way to end a game if you're making a sequel? I think it's obvious there should be one.
CucumberBoy is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-17-2007, 04:03 PM   #285
Cheech Marin
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by RC-1162
if you mean Sev, he survives somehow. don't ask me how, why, when or where, but he appears in Triple Zero which is set after the RC video game, so its obvious he survives, thought how exactly should be answered by Karen Traviss.
Sorry to burst your bubble, but Triple Zero takes place one year after Geonosis, while the last battle in the Republic Commando game takes place 3 years after Geonosis. So, Sev is still Missing In Action. I guess we'll have to wait for the third RC novel (scheduled for this August) to discover his fate.
Cheech Marin is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-18-2007, 01:59 PM   #286
Redtech
Veteran

Bonus points awarded for any Jedi killing sprees incurred! Take that wannabe Shaolin Monks!

I am the definition of your defeat.
Redtech is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-17-2007, 08:37 PM   #287
RC-0017
Lurker

Sequal

I can't wait for a sequal if there will be one! It would be awsome if there was a bonus mode or separate story mode where you could lead a squad of ARCs.

RC-0017, Reporting for duty.
RC-0017 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-18-2007, 12:30 AM   #288
Halo_92

Umm...no.

The title is Republic Commando.
Old 02-23-2007, 02:40 AM   #289
Jurrassco
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeBop
I would have no problem an Imperial Commando game. You could keep the same characters since the ending of RC is pretty close to the Republic to Empire transformation.

spoiler:
Of Course get add a new Teammate as a replacement for Sev. And if IC picked up right where RC left off, The Kashyyyk Invasion could be included as the first mission.

Or just have an expansion pack with some more SP missions. After all Delta Squad must have gone on plenty of different missions. Since it says they are being called on frequently.

I thought that would be a good idea myself. I thought of a blue sniper call 71?
Jurrassco is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-23-2007, 12:25 PM   #290
Relenzo2
Forumite

Ah hah! I have not even finished the game or gotten close and i KNEW Sev would die! SOmehow I knew!

"The beauty and genius of a work of film may be reconceived, though its first material expression be destroyed; a vanished fiction may yet again inspire the screenplay-writer; but when the last individual of a race of living directors, of artists, breathes no more, another heaven and another earth must pass before such a one can be again." -William Beebe, modified in memorial of the twentieth century

Su'cuy, vod, kar'laylirdarasuum me'suum!

Star Wars: The Plastic Director's Cut!
Relenzo2 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-23-2007, 01:19 PM   #291
PoiuyWired
Unregistered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurrassco
I thought that would be a good idea myself. I thought of a blue sniper call 71?
I think Delta got broke up in the novels. Oh well.

But yes it would be fun to have an Expansion/RC2/IC. Now we get to kill some darn stinkin Jeerdais. We know they did not pop Secura/Offee, now who should they pop?
PoiuyWired is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-03-2007, 03:24 AM   #292
clonecowcommndo
Rookie

Cool Guy Sequel

I want a pickup command to grab a random chunk of wood or metal ur a droid leg. and to play as Wookiees. You could pick up a super battle droid and swing is up and down or snap a spider droids leg off.
clonecowcommndo is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-03-2007, 03:27 AM   #293
clonecowcommndo
Rookie

And play as Omega squad (the whole team) and switch players without using the cheat.
Oh yes and show the specialties clearly and have more squad control.ie no holoimages
Old 03-03-2007, 08:55 AM   #294
PoiuyWired
Unregistered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by clonecowcommndo
I want a pickup command to grab a random chunk of wood or metal ur a droid leg. and to play as Wookiees. You could pick up a super battle droid and swing is up and down or snap a spider droids leg off.
Well, wookiees are a no-no. Play BF for wookiees. I mean yes it would be nice to have a game where you can play as a wookiee/ewok and the like, but that is not RC.
PoiuyWired is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-05-2007, 05:11 PM   #295
Jieulu
Rookie

Yeah, i agree. but what are you gonna do with a leg of an SBD? I'd take the arm, and use its cannon, but that'd be just plain cheap.

Commando 127-09, Pfc. Jieulu, reporting for duty, sir. Awaiting orders.
Jieulu is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-07-2007, 07:00 PM   #296
clonecowcommndo
Rookie

Whack people with it.
More effective than a vibroblade. And better range too.

By the way, I do play BF2. The wookiees are...disappointing

Last edited by clonecowcommndo; 03-07-2007 at 08:09 PM.
Old 03-20-2007, 06:46 PM   #297
Jieulu
Rookie

Could you play as a droid in MP? that'd be funny. Also if you have more than 2 teams, you could have commandos, droids, and trandos. but maybe not playing as a droid on second thought... now that i think of it. what about jacking a droideka? shield bonus, maybe? like for MP...

Old 03-22-2007, 09:24 AM   #298
MaximumMayhem
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by clonecowcommndo
By the way, I do play BF2. The wookiees are...disappointing
Just the Wookiees? I found the entire Battlefront II to be horrendous. The original was so much better as far as pacing went. You could actually snipe (and lie down PRONE FFS!), but II is like an Unreal Tournament on utter crack. Too fast and unrealistic. I just didnt get a sense of skill achievement. Its just out run out shoot out this and that in a split second. Adding in playable Jedi was a big mistake too. The bonuses were a good idea, but why not make permanent upgrades instead of round based? Ugh!

Im so glad that Pandemic no longer have the license to make another Battlefront. Free Radical Design will be making the next one. About time a company who makes decent FPS games has a stab at the license!
MaximumMayhem is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-23-2007, 02:36 AM   #299
Delta_38
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by RC-0017
Delta40, have you read hard contact and/or triple zero? I have, and they are so good. If anyone hasn't, I think you should read them. they are ecceptional books, and they are about republic commandos!

Well those books could be the key to the next RC and possibly spoilers too lol,there will be another Republic commando, because, why in the first place would they have put an ending like that where it looks like a sequel is going to be created you might possibly start off as good then once the emperor initiates order 66 then thats when you start doing all the Imperial stuff and killing Jedis.

-"Delta squad...lock and load!"-
Delta_38 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-23-2007, 11:01 AM   #300
Redtech
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaximumMayhem
Just the Wookiees? I found the entire Battlefront II to be horrendous. The original was so much better as far as pacing went. You could actually snipe (and lie down PRONE FFS!), but II is like an Unreal Tournament on utter crack. Too fast and unrealistic. I just didnt get a sense of skill achievement. Its just out run out shoot out this and that in a split second. Adding in playable Jedi was a big mistake too. The bonuses were a good idea, but why not make permanent upgrades instead of round based? Ugh!

Im so glad that Pandemic no longer have the license to make another Battlefront. Free Radical Design will be making the next one. About time a company who makes decent FPS games has a stab at the license!
DAMN STRAIGHT!

Me and my friend play BF1 more than BF2 simply because we actually have a chance for 2-player co-op without dying every other second.

On topic. I wouldn't mind playing as a droid squad. Just make the customisable SBDs..something MP only mind as they'd need to be toned down!

I am the definition of your defeat.
Redtech is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-23-2007, 11:15 AM   #301
Fettscommander
Rookie

Did anyone mention George Lucas said there most likely will be a RC2!

Never UNDER ESTIMATE a Jawa.
Fettscommander is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-23-2007, 01:47 PM   #302
Jieulu
Rookie

I read an article or something about it...somebody should google it. "Perhaps all of our questions will be answered in the inevitable sequel, Star Wars: Fascist Commando." If you want to read the whole page, even though i doubt it'll bring much, it's right <a href="http://http://www.pcformat.co.uk/reviews/default.asp?pagetypeid=2&articleid=35388&subsectio nid=680">here</a> I don't know if this is for real, but it's worth a shot...

Old 03-23-2007, 01:51 PM   #303
Jieulu
Rookie

oops...messed up the link... try <a href="http://www.pcformat.co.uk/reviews/default.asp?pagetypeid=2&articleid=35388&subsectio nid=680">this</a>

Old 03-23-2007, 04:05 PM   #304
MachineCult
Vincit Amor Patria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jieulu
oops...messed up the link... try <a href="http://www.pcformat.co.uk/reviews/default.asp?pagetypeid=2&articleid=35388&subsectio nid=680">this</a>
Oops, you messed it up again. Here it is.
And next time edit your post instead of double posting.

"For where ever there is a n00b, there is MachineCult to make him cry and cringe."
- Halo_92

MachineCult is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-23-2007, 05:54 PM   #305
milo
[]D [] []V[] []D [] []\[]

VB code uses different tags than HTML... you need to use [url] tags.

"I'm not even angry. I'm being so sincere right now,
Even though you broke my heart and killed me.
And tore me to pieces...
And threw every piece into a fire.
As I burned, it hurt because
I was so happy for you." - GLaDOS
milo is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-23-2007, 06:59 PM   #306
Darth_Reaper
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by scout_zero
I have a great idea for the first few levels of a sequel.
Rescue Sev from the Seperatists.

Umm Sev can't be rescued... He's dead. Seps killed him and yes delta squad does go rogue they join the rebelion along side omega squad and the madnalorians
Darth_Reaper is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-23-2007, 07:11 PM   #307
Titanius Anglesmith
Kingslayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth_Reaper
Umm Sev can't be rescued... He's dead. Seps killed him and yes delta squad does go rogue they join the rebelion along side omega squad and the madnalorians
That's BS. I'd like to know where you got this little bit of information.

Titanius Anglesmith is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-23-2007, 09:02 PM   #308
Delta_38
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth_Reaper
Thats not actually true I checked on this site that had an interview with the main producers, im going to try and copy and paste then post it when I remember it. they said, " A character that was thought to be dead will make an appearance in the next Republic Commando ". which is referring to Sev of course, So obviously, he is not dead just maybe captured, until it comes out we have no clue on how it is going to be they left us all anxious to know lol, so there will be a sequel.

-"Delta squad...lock and load!"-
Delta_38 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-28-2007, 04:06 PM   #309
Shadow Talon
Rookie

Listen to this newbie my friends, I yield ye. The 07 shall return. If he does not, by the way, return many shall suffer. Me, you, noobs, and of course, the story spinners that made that mistake. You have my word.

By the way it is good to see you all again.

Even in brightest of days I am behind you.
Shadow Talon is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-28-2007, 04:30 PM   #310
TSR
Hoist the colours!

Current Game: Rift
Forum Veteran LF Jester Helpful! 
you have 1 post, and thats the one you just made...

who *were* you, if anyone? I recognise that avvy, it was once sported by the noobilicios "alan frost" or something like that.

British By Birth. English By The Grace Of God

Dulce et Decorum Est Pro Patria Mori
Let Mercy Come
TSR is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-29-2007, 05:58 AM   #311
Shadow Talon
Rookie

If you really wish to know what happened to 07 i recommend that you go to youtube.com
and look for "A clone apart" trailer. It reveals everything.

Old 03-29-2007, 12:22 PM   #312
Titanius Anglesmith
Kingslayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow Talon
If you really wish to know what happened to 07 i recommend that you go to youtube.com and look for "A clone apart" trailer. It reveals everything.
What the hell are you talking about? A Clone Apart is about Danson Delta 40 (not Fixer) and the guy who made it used Battlefront II. It has nothing to with Sev, and the whole series has been taken down anyway. All you can see now is the trailer.

Old 03-29-2007, 03:01 PM   #313
Shadow Talon
Rookie

LOL.
I know. It was just a joke to make you watch it my friends. And you must admit it is funny.

Old 03-29-2007, 07:05 PM   #314
Titanius Anglesmith
Kingslayer

Oh... well, ok. And yea, it is funny. It's just too bad it was taken down.

Old 03-30-2007, 04:24 AM   #315
Shadow Talon
Rookie

A shame indeed

Old 04-01-2007, 01:48 AM   #316
MaximumMayhem
Rookie

Well the game itself was fantastic, and given the amount of multimedia momentum Episode III had going at the time, leaving an open ending was a better idea to roll with at that time, rather than perhaps closing a game off completely.

I dont know about the whole "Fascist Commando" name title. I think Imperial Commando may be more appropriate. The key points we have to consider when talking about a sequel here is how relevant the core content of the story would be in relation to where it would fit into Star Wars. Im not sure if many people would be happy seeing / playing as Deltas cavorting around the galaxy as Jedi killers. Then again; there were some anti Jedi sentiments uttered in Republic Commando (Boss finding the lightsaber anyone?), so its a possibility.

AFAIK, the war is over.. what situation of urgency would call that the recently formed Empire place a crack team of commando units into action, bar eliminating Jedi?

It will be a very difficult task establishing a strong storyline to bring the Deltas back in my opinion, but I would love to see it all happen like the rest of you. Im just unsure where they could take it..

The only ideas that come to mind for me are immediately picking up where you set off in rescuing Sev. Perhaps have options during your missions that you take and will drastically change the outcome of the game. Ala the Jedi Knight games, but with a major plot depth to the game depending on which side you take. For example.. choosing to go into action with a Jedi who takes charge over the squad and may make some foolish choices, giving you more work to do.. and then later having the option of siding with the numerous Jedi or terminating them, upon receiving Order 66. The story could then branch out in numerous ways with you later hunting down Jedi and rogue Clones aiding them, or becoming the rogue clones yourselves and aiding fugitive Jedi to strike against the Empire in various missions.

Last edited by MaximumMayhem; 04-01-2007 at 01:54 AM. Reason: Adding more thoughts..
MaximumMayhem is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-01-2007, 10:37 AM   #317
Shadow Talon
Rookie

My, someone was on crack last night

Old 04-02-2007, 12:34 PM   #318
Halo_92

At least he made a decent/on-topic post you froon.
Old 04-03-2007, 11:50 AM   #319
Shadow Talon
Rookie

Indeed he did. I aplaude to you MM. Those are good points.

Old 04-03-2007, 04:39 PM   #320
Halo_92

Once again Stay on topic.

I think you should at least be able to play as different members of the squad somtimes.
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > RepublicCommando.Net > General Discussion > Reporting for Duty > Ideas for a sequel? *might be spoilers*