lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Ideas for a sequel? *might be spoilers*
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 04-03-2007, 08:07 PM   #321
MachineCult
Vincit Amor Patria

They should basically make Advanced warfighter for Star Wars.

"For where ever there is a n00b, there is MachineCult to make him cry and cringe."
- Halo_92

MachineCult is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-10-2007, 04:41 PM   #322
TXH-1138
Rookie

Thumbs up Ultimate Sequel

It would be really cool if you got to use vehicles like in Halo, but i think it would be sweet if the sequel was like a team of elite fighter pilots (and with the flying not all stupid and unrealistic like in star wars galactic battlegrounds where you can flip and about face all fast). I also want to know what happened to Sev (just to make sure he's dead), and maybe include Omega Squad (from the books). I think the ultimate would be with Darman and Etain's son, who is beginning to understand the force and thus has super fast reflexes but no a lightsaber or anything. Maybe's the game could be about his part in fighting the Yuzzhan Vong (alien conquers that come in after the sixth movie), but then he'd need a squad, or itd be like the Jango Fett games. Hmm... actually i think the best would be Delta squad with a new member and they are trying to escape from Order 66 cause all the commandos (according to the books) were brought up to trust the Jedi completely and probably didn't know Order 66. That would be awesome, and i personally think it should take place on a snowy planet (call me nostalgic for Hoth).
TXH-1138 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-10-2007, 04:41 PM   #323
TXH-1138
Rookie

However, advanced warfighter idea is cool
Old 04-13-2007, 09:56 PM   #324
clonecowcommndo
Rookie

[QUOTE
I think you should at least be able to play as different members of the squad somtimes.[/QUOTE]
Theres a cheat for that. Somewhere or other.Try googling it, it shud come
viewbots I think, although I havent tried it.

As for a sequel:

On the way to the Star Destroyer, the larty gets shot down over Sep territory. they are captured and thrown into a jail cell with someone they thought was dead. They are stripped of their armor which is taken away. Just then, order 66 comes through but they dont hear it. The droids go bust. They escape and meet Kal Skirata who takes them along with some other commandos to Kamino where the Kaminoans remove the growth acceleration and subversion to orders. They meet up with some clone troopers who fill th em in on wat happened and they have to make the choice of which side to join. The rest you can figure out yourself( It wasn't Luke and Han who rescued Leia from the Death Star! That's PROPOGANDA!!!!!)

Last edited by clonecowcommndo; 04-13-2007 at 10:32 PM.
clonecowcommndo is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-15-2007, 12:22 AM   #325
Lord Rengal
Rookie

concerning the idea of a piloting game--no, that would stink. commando doesnt have to do with that at all.
Lord Rengal is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-15-2007, 04:55 PM   #326
TXH-1138
Rookie

also, players need to be able to play 2-player co-op mode.
Old 04-15-2007, 04:56 PM   #327
TXH-1138
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Rengal
concerning the idea of a piloting game--no, that would stink. commando doesnt have to do with that at all.

u say that cause i always beat u on the ps2 with those flying games on battlefront and acecombat. jk jk ur right it doesn't belong.
Old 04-15-2007, 06:00 PM   #328
MachineCult
Vincit Amor Patria

^^^ It's THX-1138 not TXH-1138, and im pretty sure that 90% of the people on these forums know where the number 1138 comes from.

"For where ever there is a n00b, there is MachineCult to make him cry and cringe."
- Halo_92

Old 04-16-2007, 10:58 AM   #329
Lord Rengal
Rookie

i agree. there needs to be a two player co-op version, where you could be 38 and then one of the other squad memebers (your choice). Also, I think that some land vehicles would be cool, but in my opinion, no air. Oh, and also, on multiplayer, I think there should be more totally outdoor maps, and all the maps should be available for the xbox when you are just playing someone else at your house.
Old 04-25-2007, 09:30 AM   #330
Lord Rengal
Rookie

this forum seems to have died....*weep*
Old 04-26-2007, 02:11 PM   #331
Jieulu
Rookie

Question What?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Rengal
i agree. there needs to be a two player co-op version, where you could be 38 and then one of the other squad memebers (your choice). Also, I think that some land vehicles would be cool, but in my opinion, no air. Oh, and also, on multiplayer, I think there should be more totally outdoor maps, and all the maps should be available for the xbox when you are just playing someone else at your house.
don't you mean the 360...? and what do you mean, "no air"? It'd be awesome to fly a swoop bike, although copying BFI and BFII too much would really suck. and the enemy should be able to jump onto and hang on to your vehicle and shoot you to hijack it, but if they fall off, they die. And what about new weapons on the vehicle? or should it just be bigger, mounted versions of the ones we already know like the heavy repeater or the concussion...?

Commando 127-09, Pfc. Jieulu, reporting for duty, sir. Awaiting orders.
Jieulu is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-08-2007, 05:13 AM   #332
Devron_Kally
Lurker

Has anyone considered using source material from the Republic Commando novels? Many great ideas there, including matte-black Katarn armor. The sequel game would have to eventually deal with Sev, but because the squad was part of the "bad batch" of clones that didnt take commands mindlessly, I think the squad would be able to ignore Order 66.
I would bet the story would involve the squad "hunting" jedi, but in reality, they're helping the survivors escape, in exchange for help finding Sev?
Oh, and new weapons would be nice.
No vehicle usage, it would be too much, but turrets are good. Maybe something like a remote mouse-droid, to access hard to reach areas on a level and see whats there, with a self-destruct option.
Devron_Kally is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-08-2007, 07:30 PM   #333
Fettscommander
Rookie

It would be cool to have a setting that if on kills noobs that use aa, rockets, ect. I don't like theidea of vehicles though. A new weapon could be a pistol with a grappling hook...

Never UNDER ESTIMATE a Jawa.
Fettscommander is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-09-2007, 12:23 PM   #334
Halo_92

maybe more customization on multi-player guys?
Halo_92 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-11-2007, 07:28 PM   #335
Jieulu
Rookie

in RC you're alone for a little while in the core ship, and that's it. But how about a Far-Cry sort of level where you're really alone, like the gunship you're in got shot down, while you squad made it. Foreign weapons, weird enemies, you know the whole thing...
and Halo92 i right... like you keep the same armor styles, but you get to paint them create put on your own squad insignia, etc. and it'd be nice if you could climb ladders and stuff...

Old 05-12-2007, 01:32 PM   #336
shadowtrooper69
Rookie

holy crap! that would be freaken awesome!
shadowtrooper69 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-02-2007, 08:35 PM   #337
RCjango_2857
Rookie

u should be able to play as Fixer or Scorch or even a solo ARC trooper
RCjango_2857 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-02-2007, 08:53 PM   #338
MachineCult
Vincit Amor Patria

^ I agree, you should be able to alternate between team members.

- Halo_92

Old 06-06-2007, 05:32 PM   #339
Redtech
Veteran

Anyone ever play Full Spectrum Warrior? Now that is a good squad game, as you could order units to take cover ANYWHERE and they'd work out what to do themselves, rather than it being so scripted. Also had a lot of cover and the use of tactical advantages of cover and flanking tactics.

I am the definition of your defeat.
Redtech is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-25-2007, 01:47 AM   #340
Commando Expert
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redtech
Anyone ever play Full Spectrum Warrior? Now that is a good squad game, as you could order units to take cover ANYWHERE and they'd work out what to do themselves, rather than it being so scripted. Also had a lot of cover and the use of tactical advantages of cover and flanking tactics.
I have an idea what if like u and you last 2 squad members went back to kamino and then they got word that a signal from the CIS got into there sytems some how that Sev was being held some where on Kashhyk close to where they fought in that wookie city. Then right before they leave they get a report of a CIS battle ship is coming in from hyper space and starts sending droind despencers down to Kamio. So delta sqaud suits up and try to take out most of the despencers while they get some help from Accalamotor that is above Kashhyk. They send a disstress signal to it to come back to kamino and help them take out that battle ship while some gun ships and a jedi star fighter with (some jedi u pick a name) trying to take it out. So while ur taking the despencers out ur also trying to defend the city. So u get some help from the clones that are down at Kamino. Well the despencers are landing every where so u have to be in a damn hurry to take them all out while that accalamotor is coming to help. So afer the CIS battle ship is destroyed from the help from the accalamtor. So then 2 gunships come down to kamino and land in one of the platforms. Then fixer and scorch get on 1 of the gunships while boss (or who evers playing the game) gets on delta sqaud's advisor's gunship and meets the advisor. Then the gunship take them to the accalamotor that halped them and land in the accalamtor. Then say thanks and say hey (or any greeting) to the captain of the ship that helped them. (WORKING)
(ON)
(WHAT)
(HAPPENS)
(NEXT)

Last edited by Commando Expert; 06-25-2007 at 06:30 PM.
Commando Expert is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-02-2007, 05:16 PM   #341
trooper 57
Rookie

i have an idea for a sequel have you herad about this downlodable map on http://www.strategyinformer.com/pc/m...mando/mod.html.

well after you save sev you and your team find a a force crystal that stop you ageing or makes you young again (explins how sideus turns old because useing the crystals power) anyway you and your team each recive a power force crystal from it you water, fixer earth, sev lightning, scorch fire but you and your team get frosen until rebals free you and tell you what happend and you help out the rebals.

you can think of dialog for this if you want.
trooper 57 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-02-2007, 05:51 PM   #342
MachineCult
Vincit Amor Patria

^^^ There is already a canon method that the Null ARC's (or at least Jaing) used to prevent the accelerated aging.

Quote:
Originally Posted by trooper 57
i have an idea for a sequel have you herad about this downlodable map on http://www.strategyinformer.com/pc/...mmando/mod.html.
Lol, you had me excited for a second, that downloadable map is for the mobile phone game not the actual RC game. If only there were some SP mods for Republic Commando.

- Halo_92

Old 08-03-2007, 06:13 AM   #343
trooper 57
Rookie

what do you think of my idea then?
Old 08-03-2007, 06:17 AM   #344
trooper 57
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MachineCult
^^^ There is already a canon method that the Null ARC's (or at least Jaing) used to prevent the accelerated aging.

Lol, you had me excited for a second, that downloadable map is for the mobile phone game not the actual RC game. If only there were some SP mods for Republic Commando.

well what does this mean Star Wars: Republic Commando Order 66 (PC)
Old 08-03-2007, 02:50 PM   #345
MachineCult
Vincit Amor Patria

Quote:
what do you think of my idea then?
It's not great.

Quote:
well what does this mean Star Wars: Republic Commando Order 66 (PC)
Lmao, it doesn't say that anywhere, n00b. Republic Commando Order 66 is the mobile phone game, the PC game is just Republic Commando because there's no Order 66 in is, is there?

- Halo_92

Old 08-03-2007, 05:20 PM   #346
trooper 57
Rookie

Quote:
It's not great.

but it was okey

Lmao, it doesn't say that anywhere, n00b. Republic Commando Order 66 is the mobile phone game, the PC game is just Republic Commando because there's no Order 66 in is, is there?
well here is what i how to install it :-This is the first of three maps entitled "The Hunt For Sev".
The below information should be added to your level loading file in
the game data system folder. Just copy and paste the information to the
list. Make sure the numbers in the bracketts are in sequence with your
other maps in the list.
EXAMPLE:MapName[76]="YYY_03A"
MapName[77]="OMT_01A"

Install map to your Maps manually, just copy and paste.

All numbers in the brackets must match for this to work correctly. Have fun and enjoy.

MapName[77]="OMT_01A"
LoadingMenuClass[77]="XInterfaceCTMenus.CTLoadingInfo"
LoadingPic[77]="GUICONTENT.GEO_DEBRIEF"
LoadingTitle[77]="DEVOTION OF BROTHERS"
LoadingText[77]="AN INFORMANT HAS GIVEN THE DELTAS SEV'S LOCATION. HE IS ON THE SCRAP PLANET OF ORD MANTELL. BREAKING PROTOCOL, THE THREE DELTAS AND A FEW CLONE TROOPER VOLUNTEERS RACE TO THE PLANET. ONCE THERE, THEY ARE SHOT DOWN BY ORBITAL DEFENSES AND CRASH LAND. FIND THE INFORMANT AND SEV."
LoadingShowHints[77]=0

so explain and this only my fourth post MC

Last edited by trooper 57; 08-04-2007 at 05:49 AM.
Old 08-04-2007, 07:21 AM   #347
MachineCult
Vincit Amor Patria

What's to explain? That map file is not for the Republic Commando the PC game, it's for this game, a crappy little game for Cell phones with a non-canon story about Delta Squad killing Jedi during Order 66.
Quote:
Install map to your Maps manually, just copy and paste.

All numbers in the brackets must match for this to work correctly. Have fun and enjoy.
That is not how you install a mod map onto a PC game, it is a little more complicated than that. There aren't any SP mods for Republic Commando on the PC because the proper tools haven't been released, so stop going on about it nub.

And don't misquote me. I didn't say "But its okey" (I can spell.) I simply said, It's not great.

- Halo_92

Old 08-04-2007, 07:54 AM   #348
trooper 57
Rookie

then how at the end of the title it said PC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! not mobile you images are of rc so maybe they put order 66 by mistake

anyway what's the problem with my idea

and where is everyone

and how can i get a picture like you have

Last edited by trooper 57; 08-04-2007 at 03:06 PM.
Old 08-06-2007, 05:15 PM   #349
MachineCult
Vincit Amor Patria

Okay, why don't you prove that it's a PC mod by installing it onto your computer.

- Halo_92

Old 08-07-2007, 02:19 PM   #350
trooper 57
Rookie

Quote:
Okay, why don't you prove that it's a PC mod by installing it onto your computer.

I don't have to because if you look here http://www.strategyinformer.com/pc/s...ubliccommando/ you will see that they put order 66 by mistake

Last edited by trooper 57; 08-07-2007 at 05:15 PM.
Old 08-08-2007, 05:27 PM   #351
trooper 57
Rookie

this is going off the subject but does anyone know the guy that makes a clone apart cause i want to see episode 4
Old 08-13-2007, 04:30 PM   #352
Jieulu
Rookie

the guy who's on the website is named jeff... if that helps any. but what about ideas for the game?!?! what happened to the vehicles idea? why not flying vehicles...cause personally, i think they'd be sweet. and anti-vehicle turrets would make a good counter as well..

Old 08-18-2007, 11:36 AM   #353
trooper 57
Rookie

i am back from my holiday in scotland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jieulu
the guy who's on the website is named jeff... if that helps any. but what about ideas for the game?!?! what happened to the vehicles idea? why not flying vehicles...cause personally, i think they'd be sweet. and anti-vehicle turrets would make a good counter as well..
they are very nice ideas what do you think of mine

and i know his name i just what to know if you know him
Old 08-19-2007, 12:01 PM   #354
Jieulu
Rookie

nope...don't know him. so i was wondering...is it true or is it just a rumor that lucasarts is actually starting a prototype game...?

Old 08-19-2007, 12:52 PM   #355
trooper 57
Rookie

i have no idea mate but let us hope there is
Old 08-19-2007, 03:04 PM   #356
Shadow Talon
Rookie

What if LA do what they usually do.
Do something that is not expected, like Sev dies and you madden from grief after loosing your brother go berserk.
Or in the new Commando game you play other commandos that are hunting Delta squad.
Ideas, just pure ideas.

Even in brightest of days I am behind you.
Shadow Talon is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-19-2007, 05:36 PM   #357
trooper 57
Rookie

i perfer sev alive and playing delta squad

and sev is alive on this map http://www.strategyinformer.com/pc/...mmando/mod.html. (not molbile order 66 was put there by mistake)

and i am still waiting for some dialog on my idea

Last edited by trooper 57; 08-19-2007 at 06:21 PM.
Old 08-20-2007, 01:06 PM   #358
trooper 57
Rookie

has anyone been to the star wars 30th anivercerey celebration or now what new movies and games they annoced (sorry for any spelling mistakes)
Old 08-20-2007, 01:16 PM   #359
Jieulu
Rookie

nope...and your link is bad...post the full link, please?

Old 08-20-2007, 02:31 PM   #360
trooper 57
Rookie

try this one http://www.strategyinformer.com/pc/m...mando/mod.html
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > RepublicCommando.Net > General Discussion > Reporting for Duty > Ideas for a sequel? *might be spoilers*