lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: TSL Restoration Project: website up!
Post a new thread. Sorry, this thread is closed. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 04-10-2005, 12:30 PM   #41
Command3r
Rookie

This is possibly the most amazing project I have seen in a while
I do hope that this restoration will be compatible for this Xbox version of the game by adding it to KOTOR II's Override folder in the FTP

I also agree with Entropist2 that would be pretty depressing
Command3r is offline   you may:
Old 04-10-2005, 02:22 PM   #42
Razorfish.8
Rookie

Quote:
Originally posted by Command3r
I do hope that this restoration will be compatible for this Xbox version of the game by adding it to KOTOR II's Override folder in the FTP
I have reason to believe that it will be compatible...But we cannot guarantee it since none of us have a modded XBox to test with.

Actually, we have an information request for XBox players who have access to their KotOR2 game files... If anyone can help us out with that, please send me a PM or email via Lucasforums.

Razorfish.8 is offline   you may:
Old 04-10-2005, 09:51 PM   #43
Command3r
Rookie

Quote:
Actually, we have an information request for XBox players who have access to their KotOR2 game files... If anyone can help us out with that, please send me a PM or email via Lucasforums.
Which game files are you referring too? Cause Id like too assist.
Not that I have a modded Xbox but I am going to attempt to mod it ASAP
Old 04-11-2005, 12:12 AM   #44
SpaceAlex
Forumite

Forum Veteran 
This is definitely something every KOTOR II player will want to download when you guys release it.

Keep up the great work.

SpaceAlex is offline   you may:
Old 04-11-2005, 12:54 PM   #45
Leviathan

I hope that the Neverwinter Nights Source Scripts files (*.NSS) will be released with this SW : KotOR II's restoration project...
I think that all modders of the Star Wars Knights's community can help by giving their own ideas and adding elements which could make this "un-official" patch more realistic...
Leviathan is offline   you may:
Old 04-11-2005, 12:57 PM   #46
James108
Rookie

Great Projects but who is Traya I beat the game but i was renting when i beat it so i skipped alot of dialogue (later bought for computer) Again Great Project

I'm a Noob
James108 is offline   you may:
Old 04-11-2005, 03:20 PM   #47
Razorfish.8
Rookie

Quote:
Which game files are you referring too? Cause Id like too assist.
Not that I have a modded Xbox but I am going to attempt to mod it ASAP
We were originally asking about possible Droid Planet assets (didn't pan out), but we're still hoping to obtain a listing of files that we could use to compare to the PC version to find any assets that are only available in one version and not the other.

Quote:
Originally posted by Leviathan
I hope that the Neverwinter Nights Source Scripts files (*.NSS) will be released with this SW : KotOR II's restoration project...
As far as I know, we will release the source code for scripts we've written or modified as well as the scripts we've translated from byte code when the project is finished. I don't know if we will be doing that for partial release(s) though (namely the HK Factory sidequest).

Quote:
I think that all modders of the Star Wars Knights's community can help by giving their own ideas and adding elements which could make this "un-official" patch more realistic...
Just keep in mind that we have the specific goal of restoring cut content to enrich the planned additional game endings. We are also operating under some limitations; For example, we will say "no" to any new ideas that include restorations requiring voiceovers that don't already exist. Why? Because it will keep our ambitions in check. It ensures that we're not going to be sticking our own fabricated storylines into the game without sufficient justification from the original story and available content for the change.

And, because we already have our hands full, we may pass on elaborate restoration ideas requiring a significant deviation from the current plans, even if we think that they're good.

Quote:
Originally posted by James108
who is Traya
Darth Traya is the third Sith Lord, the Betrayer, and the endgame boss.

Old 04-11-2005, 03:35 PM   #48
Command3r
Rookie

If want a savegame with the droid planet go here

http://home.alltel.net/jls31/saves5.html

Thank Stormsinger
Old 04-11-2005, 06:28 PM   #49
James108
Rookie

spoiler:
I thought that was Kriea

I'm a Noob
James108 is offline   you may:
Old 04-11-2005, 06:41 PM   #50
Emperor Devon
36 Wings, 365 Eyes

Current Game: Ass Effect
Contest winner - Fan Fiction 
^^^

spoiler:
Kreia is Traya.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabretooth
We will be great failures one day, you and I
Emperor Devon is offline   you may:
Old 04-12-2005, 12:58 PM   #51
Leviathan

Quote:
Quote:
As far as I know, we will release the source code for scripts we've written or modified as well as the scripts we've translated from byte code when the project is finished. I don't know if we will be doing that for partial release(s) though (namely the HK Factory sidequest).
Good to know... But I think it would be a pity that the HK Factory's source scripts wouldn't be released, because I consider it as a truth and official part of SW : KotOR II.
Old 04-12-2005, 02:29 PM   #52
Jennaida
Rookie

Current Game: Star Trek Online
*paces quietly*

Any good updates past what's listed for April 3, yet?
Jennaida is offline   you may:
Old 04-12-2005, 03:21 PM   #53
90SK
Universal Figment

Current Game: Tetris
Once again, great mod!

I have two questions, though:

spoiler:
In the GenoHaradan quest, what does Dessicus look like? He doesn't have a unique apperence that I could find in the game files, and it seems like he should. I assume he is an "alien", since I'm not aware of any sound files for him. Could you verify?

and

spoiler:
I was sniffing around in the 800's folders and I noticed several allusions to M4-78 related happenings in Lonna Vash's dialogue. Yet she mentions the "tomb" she was trapped in, which seems to portray that she is on Korriban. However I'm certain that she was intended to be on M4-78, given the ties between her dialogue and IS-24's dialogue. If she is to be restored, how do you intend to work around this?

90SK is offline   you may:
Old 04-12-2005, 06:34 PM   #54
Razorfish.8
Rookie

Quote:
If want a savegame with the droid planet go here
Thanks, I don't need a savegame because I can just warp to the planet or reactivate the travel option in the galaxy map, but I didn't know about that page.

What I was specifically looking into was the remote possibility that the XBox version of the game would have the missing Droid Planet arrival/departure cinematics and area map images, since specific filenames were referenced in the galaxy map script (implying that the cinematics had been created) and the game expects a certain area map image name, since it attempts to load one. Someone who looked into this for us said that s/he could not find anything of that nature, unfortunately.

Quote:
Good to know... But I think it would be a pity that the HK Factory's source scripts wouldn't be released, because I consider it as a truth and official part of SW : KotOR II.
I probably wasn't being clear... We originally had plans to release an early version the HK Factory first, before the rest of the project. When the rest of the project is released, so would the source (including the the source for the HK Factory). We might just throw in the HK Factory source for kicks, but we haven't really discussed the specifics of packaging yet.

Quote:
Originally posted by C. Skye
I have two questions, though:

spoiler:
In the GenoHaradan quest, what does Dessicus look like? He doesn't have a unique apperence that I could find in the game files, and it seems like he should. I assume he is an "alien", since I'm not aware of any sound files for him. Could you verify?
spoiler:
Afaik, Dessicus is human, and there are VOs for him.

Quote:
Originally posted by C. Skye
spoiler:
I was sniffing around in the 800's folders and I noticed several allusions to M4-78 related happenings in Lonna Vash's dialogue. Yet she mentions the "tomb" she was trapped in, which seems to portray that she is on Korriban. However I'm certain that she was intended to be on M4-78, given the ties between her dialogue and IS-24's dialogue. If she is to be restored, how do you intend to work around this?
We have not yet decided whether or not to take on the task of reconstructing the Droid Planet. In and of itself, the task wouldn't be a restoration, because there is not enough material to make it such; A lot would have to be fabricated - made from scratch, so to speak.

Old 04-13-2005, 09:37 AM   #55
Leviathan

Quote:
Quote:
I probably wasn't being clear... We originally had plans to release an early version the HK Factory first, before the rest of the project. When the rest of the project is released, so would the source (including the the source for the HK Factory). We might just throw in the HK Factory source for kicks, but we haven't really discussed the specifics of packaging yet.
That seems more clearly for me, now...
Thanks for all the precise details !...
Old 04-13-2005, 10:22 PM   #56
DarthSilius
Rookie

Fantastic!!

If you can pull this off you should reward yourself with a six pack of smooth malt beverage baby.

I was hoping there was enuf unfinished material and enuf good (crazy ) people to work on this.

Since one of the biggest bugs / unfinished elements in the game is how underwhelmingly easy it is (i.e. Darth Nihilus)...I highly and humbly recommend you incorporate (or at least be open working out any incompatibilities with) one of the game balance mods.

Personally I'd suggest Beancounter's Hardcore mod, but anything would be better than the anticlimactic two-round boss battles that plague the game.

If you need a beta tester, let me know. Though like most people, I'd rather selfishly wait for a finished product and experience it for the first time by replaying the game as it was meant to be. (a.k.a. what we all paid for!)

Best of luck!
DarthSilius is offline   you may:
Old 04-14-2005, 03:20 AM   #57
Razorfish.8
Rookie

Quote:
Originally posted by DarthSilius
Since one of the biggest bugs / unfinished elements in the game is how underwhelmingly easy it is (i.e. Darth Nihilus)...
Rebalancing Nihilus is more of a tweak than a restoration, so that issue in itself won't be resolved for the Nihilus confrontation by the TSLRP.

Quote:
I highly and humbly recommend you incorporate (or at least be open working out any incompatibilities with) one of the game balance mods.
As far as I know, the TSLRP doesn't and will not likely have any overlapping changed files with a rebalance mod (so far, Beancounter's Hardcore Mod is in the clear).

Quote:
Best of luck!
Thanks

Old 04-14-2005, 12:39 PM   #58
Darmoth
Rookie

So how's it coming? The progress on the site is quite amazing, I'm just curious.

Humans are the only animal that can blush... Humans are the only animal that needs to.
Darmoth is offline   you may:
Old 04-14-2005, 12:42 PM   #59
Jeff
Rating: Awesome

Current Game: SWTOR
Imperialist Meatbags Guild Officer The Walking Carpets Guild Officer Notable contributor LFN Staff Member 
This project sounds awesome. I can't wait

Follow me on Twitter
Follow StarWarsMMO.net on Twitter | Like us on Facebook
Jeff is offline   you may:
Old 04-14-2005, 02:33 PM   #60
Razorfish.8
Rookie

Quote:
Originally posted by Darmoth
So how's it coming?
You'll find out in the WIP update on Sunday

Old 04-14-2005, 06:05 PM   #61
ddragon64

Quote:
*holds breath till Sunday*

Dragon
ddragon64 is offline   you may:
Old 04-14-2005, 06:51 PM   #62
Lorden Darkblade
Computer Crazy

Can't wait till I get my hands on the wip then on the final mod
Keep up the great work guys!

Lorden Darkblade is offline   you may:
Old 04-14-2005, 07:16 PM   #63
Jennaida
Rookie

Current Game: Star Trek Online
Quote:
Originally posted by Razorfish.8
*starts pacing*
Jennaida is offline   you may:
Old 04-14-2005, 07:30 PM   #64
Emperor Devon
36 Wings, 365 Eyes

Quote:
Originally posted by Razorfish.8
Hmm, is that time machine on Ebay still selling? Heh heh.

Quote:
Old 04-14-2005, 07:46 PM   #65
Darth_Tratious
Rookie

i'm gonna love playing this restoration

If You Are Not With Me Then You Are My Enemy.
Darth_Tratious is offline   you may:
Old 04-14-2005, 07:55 PM   #66
Emperor Devon
36 Wings, 365 Eyes

^^^

We all will.

Quote:
Old 04-14-2005, 07:55 PM   #67
Emperor Devon
36 Wings, 365 Eyes

Deleted because I double posted.

Quote:

Last edited by Emperor Devon; 04-18-2005 at 06:52 PM.
Old 04-18-2005, 06:09 AM   #68
Kiwegapa
Rookie

WIP Update #2 is up!

It took us a few hours more than expected, but our second WIP update is now in place.

I hope you enjoy this. I'm starting to look forward to the finished project as much as the rest of you.

We do not have a set date for our next WIP update, but if all goes well and the terrors of Real Life do not intrude, we'll try for two weeks from now. If we get ahead or behind, we'll post and let everyone know.

KOTOR 2 Game Issues Guide (Vital Install Info, Bugs, Feature Requests, Performance Tips)
http://www2.whidbey.net/kscully/news...OR2_Guide.html
Knights of the Old Republic: The Sith Lords Restoration Project
Work-In-Progress Status Report
Kiwegapa is offline   you may:
Old 04-19-2005, 09:34 PM   #69
Darmoth
Rookie

I am impressed. This'll really be awesome to play though once released.

How's the bug hunt going with it too? So many restored features surely must require testing.

What's the compatibility with mods like? I'm curious as to whether we can still include mods plug in and play, or if they'd have to be worked into some of the new files and restored content...

Humans are the only animal that can blush... Humans are the only animal that needs to.
Darmoth is offline   you may:
Old 04-20-2005, 12:54 AM   #70
Kiwegapa
Rookie

We seem to be staying atop the bugs for any new changes, and every so often we find and fix an existing game bug.

We will be testing thoroughly for bugs and as extensively as we can manage for mod compatibility once the Restoration mod gets closer to completion.

KOTOR 2 Game Issues Guide (Vital Install Info, Bugs, Feature Requests, Performance Tips)
http://www2.whidbey.net/kscully/news...OR2_Guide.html
Knights of the Old Republic: The Sith Lords Restoration Project
Work-In-Progress Status Report
Kiwegapa is offline   you may:
Old 04-20-2005, 06:59 AM   #71
Bob Lion54
Jr. Malkavian Detective

Forum Veteran Helpful! 
Quote:
Originally posted by Kiwegapa
We seem to be staying atop the bugs for any new changes, and every so often we find and fix an existing game bug.
Now that is GREAT hear. This mod keeps getting better and better. As if it wasn't great to begin with!!!!
Good luck to you!!!

EDIT: although the patch did fix some things, I'm ready to see what you guys fixed. Even though that was not you primary goal, I'm sure you fixed something. Cheers!!

Bob Lion54 is offline   you may:
Old 04-20-2005, 11:09 AM   #72
BattleDog
Terrible in War

Roleplayer 
I just had to say I'm really looking foward to this patch.

I have a couple of questions about it though.

After the actual end game there are apparently several different sequences.

Visas/Handmaiden if you're male and the Atton sequence if your female and he's still alive. So here's my question:

If you add these sequences could you have it so that they both play no matter the PC gender. The Atton sequence right at the end, from the script I've read, really seems to be universal and the other one is also really important and I'm sure you could make it work for both genders.

Fly Fast,
Shoot Straight,
Live Long!
BattleDog is offline   you may:
Old 04-20-2005, 02:02 PM   #73
The Source
Rest In Peace

Contest winner - Modding 
NICE!

R.I.P. to 'The Source' and 'MacCorp'
2004-2008
The Source is offline   you may:
Old 04-20-2005, 11:53 PM   #74
Dashus
Rookie

Quote:
Originally posted by BattleDog

If you add these sequences could you have it so that they both play no matter the PC gender. The Atton sequence right at the end, from the script I've read, really seems to be universal and the other one is also really important and I'm sure you could make it work for both genders.
Could it be done? Yes. WIll we do so? Likely not. The idea behind the mutiple endings is to provide a unique experience depending on how you chose to play the game (or as is so often the case, how you chose to modify your save game ).
Dashus is offline   you may:
Old 04-21-2005, 02:34 PM   #75
BattleDog
Terrible in War

Roleplayer 
Well I can live with that. I suppose I'll never see the Atton sequence then.

*Shrug*

Good Luck, you guys deserve medels!

Fly Fast,
Shoot Straight,
Live Long!
BattleDog is offline   you may:
Old 04-24-2005, 10:45 AM   #76
Oddball_E8
Rookie

i just have to say, that as soon as i heard of this project, i put the game on the shelf... im not gonna play it until this mod is done...

thank you guys... for making this game complete...
Oddball_E8 is offline   you may:
Old 04-24-2005, 02:26 PM   #77
Archonon
Rookie

If the Atton sequence at the end (Where he joins the player to go to the Outer Rim) is set to be a universal scene, meaning it was originally intended to play regardless of gender. How come the team has decided to limit this to play with a specific gender PC. I understand that for replayability you'd be interested in delivering as different an experience as possible but why do this with universal sequences and not only with set gender/alignment sequences as originally intended.

Personally I've already played the game as a female PC to see what it was like, but I think there are some players out there like me that just aren't interested in playing both genders yet would like to see as much of the restored content as possible.

I thought the restoration was set to include things as originally intended by the devs or as close as could be determined? I'm only curious about this mind you, that's why I was asking. I hope you don't get the impression I was criticizing or anything like that.

I think you guys are doing superb work and should really be commended. Thanks so much for all you are doing.

Archonon is offline   you may:
Old 04-24-2005, 02:35 PM   #78
General Kenobi
Guardian of The Force

Quote:
Originally posted by Kiwegapa

We will be testing thoroughly for bugs and as extensively as we can manage for mod compatibility once the Restoration mod gets closer to completion.
You guys are wonderful for doing this Can't stress that enough!!!

This when done without a doubt will be the most downloaded mod ever for TSL.

MY SITE: Okinawa Outpost
Gilliam Forums
Ikanaru hito demo sonke suru koto
Yakusoku o yaburanai koto
Hito o on****su shinai koto
Hito ni tai****e omoiyari o motsu koto
General Kenobi is offline   you may:
Old 04-24-2005, 02:48 PM   #79
SW geek
Rookie

I don't want to repeat things that others have said so many times before but I must:

YOUR MOD IS LOOKING EXTREMELY AWESOME!!!!!

I can't wait to see the finnished product! but don't take me wrong.
Take your time, don't do as Obsidian.
SW geek is offline   you may:
Old 04-25-2005, 01:22 AM   #80
j3di_sean
Rookie

UNDERSTATEMENT: Fantastic work guys. Thank you so much for putting in the effort ... really am SOOoo grateful!

j3di_sean is offline   you may:
Post a new thread. Sorry, this thread is closed. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Editing / Modding > Holowan Laboratories > TSL Restoration Project: website up!

Tags
modding, restoration project, tslrp