lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: The Official SW Saga Trivia Thread
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 05-15-2005, 08:52 AM   #281
abespam

haha.. astro they aired ep2 on channel 10 tonite, so i got to see it

I think it was Ki-Adi-mundi

if it was..

Q Whick jedi was walking down the stairs when obi wan was going to see yoda and the young padawans about a missing planet in AOTC

I call him GAMBLOR!!

Last edited by abespam; 05-15-2005 at 11:09 AM.
abespam is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-15-2005, 02:49 PM   #282
guybroom
Troezen

800th post!!!

A: Its a guess, but I think it's Aalya Secura. I'm pretty sure she is in that scene somewhere.

Not sure if its right so pass

----------

Astro - are we due for an update on the scores?

IM NOT GOING TO BE ON THE FORUMS VERY OFTEN NOW! I MIGHT BE ON TIME TO TIME, BUT IVE BASICLY GIVEN UP THE FORUMS NOW!!!!

bye all

Guybroom
guybroom is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-16-2005, 02:59 AM   #283
Astrotoy7
A Face from The Past

Notable contributor Helpful! Folder extraordinaire LFN Staff Member 
Firstly, let me give you all a communal pat on the back for making this(and the other trivia thread) such a success

I may have seemed a bit scarce recently, but I was sorting some things out with other staff members. Luckily they have allowed me to stay on and do this stuff, because it is easily the most enjoyable part of my time here

Wow. Three different answers.... Sabre Im not even sure who you are referring to Gonna have to look into it

Abes, Im fairly sure she wasnt in the library at the point ive referred to (obi looking up kamino)

I was looking for Shaak Ti ! I dont have my own compy so I cant post a pic atm

Q. How many arms does Dexter Jettster have ? Where did Lucas derive his name from ?

SUPER 10 POINT BONUS : A very similar creature has appeared in SW before(animation) Name the cartoon/character and show us a pic

mtfbwya

Asinus asinum fricat
Astrotoy7 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-16-2005, 04:35 AM   #284
jedispy

Current Game: Metroid Prime 2
A: Dexter has 4 arms, 2 legs. The name "Jettster" implies that he's been to all parts of the known galaxy, and thus has wisdom and experience that rivals the best that the Jedi Temple has to offer. I believe it was derived from the term "jet setter."

Not sure if this is entirely what you're looking for, so pass on questions. As for the bonus...I got nothing. I recommend we keep it open for a while in case anyone can find it.

Jedispy - SOTE Mod Administrator, server/technical administrator, mod author, forum admin/moderator, web administrator, programmer.
Click to read the latest SOTE MOD news
jedispy is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-16-2005, 10:26 AM   #285
Sabretooth
鬼龍院皐月

10 year veteran! 
Depa's a Jedi on the Council and rather unnoticable, so I thought you'd trick us into her...
<_<
>_>

Anways, at your question: I'm not sure, but he could be referring to Dexter from Dexter's Lab. He might be comparing Dexter's science knowledge with Jetster's knowledge of the galaxy.
A second theory of mine points to the word dexterity, which means accuracy or the chances of being right. This seems slightly irrelevant to the name, though.

Sabretooth is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-16-2005, 05:06 PM   #286
guybroom
Troezen

Quote:
Originally posted by Astrotoy7
SUPER 10 POINT BONUS : A very similar creature has appeared in SW before(animation) Name the cartoon/character and show us a pic

mtfbwya
Is it General Grievous? Not sure if this is spoiler material or not:

spoiler:
Grievous has four arms when lightsabering and he was in the clone wars cartoon

IM NOT GOING TO BE ON THE FORUMS VERY OFTEN NOW! I MIGHT BE ON TIME TO TIME, BUT IVE BASICLY GIVEN UP THE FORUMS NOW!!!!

bye all

Guybroom
Old 05-17-2005, 02:04 AM   #287
Sabretooth
鬼龍院皐月

10 year veteran! 
Wooow. Guys, I won that contest, uber-thanks to Konar for telling me that DM blinks once. I owe you one, man.

What do I win? Tickets to the India premiere of Star Wars Episode III Revenge of the Sith. May 19 (A day earlier), 11 pm.

Astro, just give Konar ten-twenty points from me. He deserves it.

Last edited by Sabretooth; 05-17-2005 at 02:32 AM.
Old 05-17-2005, 12:26 PM   #288
Astrotoy7
A Face from The Past

Firstly - Congrats sabre You may indeed be one of the first of us to see ROTS. There are also some Belgian members among us(like Alegis) who actually get to see it on the 18th as they have an earlier release date !!

Jedispy, you definitely get the point I liked the "jetsetter" thing, is that what is says on sw.com. ??

Anytime you see "Jett" appear in SW it is usually linked to GL, who has a son by this name. I actually believe that he was responsible for naming Jar-Jar, and also appears in ROTS as a padawan

as for the super bonus, I was after a character from the DROIDS cartoon series. I recently saw an episode with a multi limbed bar owner, very reminiscent of Dexter....

Interestingly enough, even AOTC pays tribute to SW animation from the 80s...

so the next question is

Q. Which obscure location mentioned in AOTC was originally depicted in an 80s SW cartoon ? Which cartoon was it ??

mtfbwya

Asinus asinum fricat
Old 05-17-2005, 05:16 PM   #289
guybroom
Troezen

A: Ok so here is a very random guess:

Is it the Sub Terrel from Droids???

Very much a random guess

bye all

Guybroom
Old 05-18-2005, 01:20 AM   #290
Astrotoy7
A Face from The Past

Quote:
Originally posted by guybroom
A: Ok so here is a very random guess:

Is it the Sub Terrel from Droids???

Very much a random guess
Interesting. That wasnt the answer I was after but you may also be correct Just let me know when sub terrel was mentioned in AOTC... (I have a feeling it is at a very similar time to the bit I am after !)

[EDIT] This has been up over a day now, so I'll move on. The answer I was after is Bogden, mentioned my Jango in AOTC. It is also where Boba Fett originally appeared in the animated segement from the SW Holiday Special IIRC....

New Question

Q. TPM included *three* tributes to GLs friend and fellow filmmaker, Steven Spielberg .... what were they (hint- 2 have already been shown in pics elsewhere in this thread) ?

mtfbwya

Asinus asinum fricat

Last edited by Astrotoy7; 05-20-2005 at 04:02 PM.
Old 05-21-2005, 04:55 AM   #291
jedispy

Quote:
Q. TPM included *three* tributes to GLs friend and fellow filmmaker, Steven Spielberg .... what were they (hint- 2 have already been shown in pics elsewhere in this thread)
1. E.T.'s species senators in the galactic republic senate.
2. Indiana Jones in the crowd at the Boonta Eve race on Tatooine
3. Jedi Master Yarael Poof looks like the tall alien in Close Encounters of the third kind.

I believe this is what you're looking for.

Q: Really easy one. Which of Luke's hands is cut off in ESB?

Jedispy - SOTE Mod Administrator, server/technical administrator, mod author, forum admin/moderator, web administrator, programmer.
Old 05-21-2005, 08:11 AM   #292
Shok_Tinoktin
Ray's Gun Nut

Location: The good end of Ray's Gun, or the bad end of an AA gun
A) His right hand.

Q) Which SW language is an actual language (mostly, at least) spoken on Earth, other then Basic? Who speaks it (in the movie)? Where on Earth is it spoken? Why was it used?

Yeah, you'd think the Emperor had come back to life or something.
Shok_Tinoktin is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-21-2005, 12:20 PM   #293
guybroom
Troezen

Quote:
Interesting. That wasnt the answer I was after but you may also be correct Just let me know when sub terrel was mentioned in AOTC... (I have a feeling it is at a very similar time to the bit I am after !)
It's mentioned by whatshisname who tells Obi-Wan about Kamino. He says "i havnt seen one of these since i was prospecting on Sub Terrel"

bye all

Guybroom
Old 05-21-2005, 03:35 PM   #294
jedispy

Quote:
Q) Which SW language is an actual language (mostly, at least) spoken on Earth, other then Basic? Who speaks it (in the movie)? Where on Earth is it spoken? Why was it used?
I'm going out on a limb here, but I believe you are referring to the language of the indigenous people of New Zealand, or Aotearoa as they call it. The name of the language is the same as the name of the people: Maori. I believe it is the language that Jango and Boba share when they talked on Kamino.

Temura Morrison (Jango Fett, matured clone troopers, voice of Boba Fett in OT SW DVD) is a famous actor from New Zealand who happens to be Maori. I recommend you watch him in Once Were Warriors. He's one bad@$$ dude!!!

I'm not sure if this is what you were looking for.

In either case, I would like to ask another question.

Now to mix things up a little:
Q: What Star Wars ship can be seen in Spaceballs??

Old 05-21-2005, 10:06 PM   #295
Astrotoy7
A Face from The Past

Interesting...

Firstly - Guybroom, can you confirm Sub Terel is in the droids series ?? (Im assuming youve seen the DVDs)

Secondly, Jedispy. With regards to Yarael Proof, was that specifically referenced somewhere, eg, sw.com I will give you a point however

but the *specific* thing I was looking for was anakins "Its working! Its working !" in TPM. Quoted by Lucas as an homage to ET once again, when they get the 'phone home' working

Quote:
I'll leave it in as a curiousity jedispy Try to keep subsequent questions on or about the movies

mtfbwya

Asinus asinum fricat

Last edited by Astrotoy7; 05-23-2005 at 12:16 AM.
Old 05-21-2005, 10:15 PM   #296
Shok_Tinoktin
Ray's Gun Nut

Location: The good end of Ray's Gun, or the bad end of an AA gun
Quote:
Originally posted by jedispy
I'm going out on a limb here, but I believe you are referring to the language of the indigenous people of New Zealand, or Aotearoa as they call it. The name of the language is the same as the name of the people: Maori. I believe it is the language that Jango and Boba share when they talked on Kamino.
That may also be true (I've never heard of it, though), but what I was going for was actually Sullustan (the language spoke by Nien Numb, Lando's co-pilot in the battle of Endor). It is a language that is spoken in Kenya, and was untranslated for ROTJ due to the fact that there was not enough time to make a unique language, so they left it, assuming no one would really notice (although when it played in Kenya, they sure noticed).

Yeah, you'd think the Emperor had come back to life or something.
Shok_Tinoktin is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-22-2005, 02:54 PM   #297
guybroom
Troezen

Quote:
Interesting...

Firstly - Guybroom, can you confirm Sub Terel is in the droids series ?? (Im assuming youve seen the DVDs)
I havnt seen the DVDs

Also I said that the answer was a complete guess. I had no idea if it is right or wrong. But you sound convinsed, astro, so can i havew the points?

bye all

Guybroom
Old 05-22-2005, 05:11 PM   #298
jedispy

Quote:
Originally posted by Shok_Tinoktin
That may also be true (I've never heard of it, though), but what I was going for was actually Sullustan (the language spoke by Nien Numb, Lando's co-pilot in the battle of Endor). It is a language that is spoken in Kenya, and was untranslated for ROTJ due to the fact that there was not enough time to make a unique language, so they left it, assuming no one would really notice (although when it played in Kenya, they sure noticed).
I see. Well I can't prove that Jango was actually speaking Maori (it sounds like it to me, but I don't know the language well enough to say that it is certain.) So I would say I was not correct in the answer. That's pretty cool though. Didn't know that about Sullustans

Old 05-23-2005, 12:15 AM   #299
Astrotoy7
A Face from The Past

guybroom, you are actually incorrect, it was Bogden after all....but I'll give you a point because it actually was a droids cartoon Bodgen wasmentioned on

Interesting about the sullustans. I dont know about the maori bit. I have some maori clients but im sure they havent seen SW, so I cant verify it It is a possibility tho

Back to the question at hand

Quote:
EDIT - No takers it seems.... jedispy, you may have to supply us with the answer

New Question

Q. What STAR TREK ship appeared in a SW movie. Which ship ? Which movie ? When ?

bonus : pic

mtfbwya

Asinus asinum fricat

Last edited by Astrotoy7; 05-24-2005 at 11:11 AM.
Old 07-09-2005, 02:10 PM   #300
jedispy

Heh. It looks like this thread went back in time too.
Quote:
jedispy, you may have to supply us with the answer
O.k. so I asked
Quote:
The answer was the Millennium Falcon.

As for the question in play....I'm going to guess the Enterprise. I don't know which one, and I don't have a pic.

I'm going to guess The Phantom Menace. When is probably in orbit around Coruscant.

Old 07-10-2005, 09:09 AM   #301
Astrotoy7
A Face from The Past

heh...weird dejavu. You can have the point jedispy. It actually went unanswered last time. The Enterprise flies around repeatedly in the background in TPM behind the queens chambers on coruscant...

Q. What was the designation of the flight leader whose squadron assisted in the mission to rescue the chancellor...

mtfbwya

Asinus asinum fricat
Old 07-10-2005, 10:04 AM   #302
guybroom
Troezen

have i gone crazy or has the thread appeared again the the other trivia thread dissapeared?

bye all

Guybroom
Old 07-10-2005, 11:25 AM   #303
Astrotoy7
A Face from The Past

Quote:
Originally posted by guybroom
have i gone crazy or has the thread appeared again the the other trivia thread dissapeared?
yes you have gone crazy ! RUN !!!

well, you probably noticed/read that the servers messed up in a large way. So we hav ebeen restored to a 'backup' that was made on Jun 11... as a result, the original thread is restored and the v2.0 thread disappears !!

Back to the question !

Quote:
Q. What was the designation of the flight leader whose squadron assisted in the mission to rescue the chancellor...
mtfbwya

Asinus asinum fricat
Old 07-10-2005, 07:22 PM   #304
jedispy

Quote:
The squad leader is Oddball.

Q: Other than in the prequel trilogy, where in the original trillogy do we see Nemoidians (the Trade Federation Aliens)?

Old 07-11-2005, 09:37 AM   #305
Astrotoy7
A Face from The Past

Quote:
The squad leader is Oddball.

Q: Other than in the prequel trilogy, where in the original trillogy do we see Nemoidians (the Trade Federation Aliens)?
Oddball !! Correct !

jedispy, I share your CCG background so I know what you mean, but this is clearly an EU question....

For those interested, the Neimoidians are an offshot species of the Duros(from near corellia). They appeared in the Mos Eisley Cantina in ANH. When TPM came out, the similarity to the Nemoidians was striking.... I even started a thread on it at TFN, where most people called me crazy! Eventually, it was woven into the Duros history via EU/RPG

linky

New Question

Q. Excluding droids, how many arms get severed in the saga ? Whose ?

(I know 'how many' questions are bad, but this one is manageable enough)

mtfbwya

Asinus asinum fricat
Old 07-11-2005, 01:38 PM   #306
jedispy

O.k. fair enough. I will concede. I seem to remember hearing that it was a cannon thing now, and therefore not EU. However, now when I go starwars databank, it lists them as seperate species. rats.

Duros:

Nemoidians:

O.k. so as not be guilty of spamming:
First off, are we specifically saying ARMS ONLY, or do we count upper body appendages such as hands, wrists, elbow joints, etc....

TPM: no limbs cut off (that I can remember)
AOTC: Zam Wessel's hand, Anakin's hand. I'm going to go with 2 (even though countless Genosians are cut apart.)
ROTS: Count Dooku's hands are cut off (2), Mace Windu's hand is cut off (1), I want to think that Kit Fisto's hand was cut off, but I can't confirm it. I don't know if any Clones have hands cut off. (there are plenty of heads. Greivous (who is not really a droid. He's a cyborg) had 4 arms cut off (I think that's the right count)
ANH: Ponda Baba's arm was cut off near the elbow (1)
ESB: Luke's hand cut off (1)
ROTJ: Vader's hand cut off by Luke (1). Taym Dren Garyn's hand was cut off on the skiff fight (1). I'm thinking that was all.

So here's my count: 13 upper body apendages.

since I'm more than likely incorrect (hope I'm not) I am passing on the question.

Old 07-12-2005, 02:09 AM   #307
Jeff
Rating: Awesome

Current Game: SWTOR
Imperialist Meatbags Guild Officer The Walking Carpets Guild Officer Notable contributor LFN Staff Member 
Quote:
Originally posted by Chase Windu
Mace Windu - cut off by Anakin in ROTS
Not counting hands because they aren't arms, they're hands.
I thought only Mace's hand gets cut off, not his whole arm...

Follow me on Twitter
Follow StarWarsMMO.net on Twitter | Like us on Facebook
Jeff is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-14-2005, 09:39 AM   #308
Astrotoy7
A Face from The Past

Chase and Jedispy can have a point. I should have clarified arms/hands etc

Yes, Mace's hand was cut off only.... see below

New Question

Q. Name 3 similarities between a Tie Fighter and a Jedi Starfighter in ROTS era

3 point bonus : pics

mtfbwya
Attached Images

Asinus asinum fricat
Old 07-14-2005, 10:45 AM   #309
Jeff

Imperialist Meatbags Guild Officer The Walking Carpets Guild Officer Notable contributor LFN Staff Member 
Quote:
Q. Name 3 similarities between a Tie Fighter and a Jedi Starfighter in ROTS era

3 point bonus : pics
A. The front window, the wings, and... is it the inside controls? I think it is.
Jedi Starfighter
TIE Fighter

Follow me on Twitter
Old 07-14-2005, 01:42 PM   #310
jedispy

OOH OOH!!! I know I know!!!

1. Cockpit canopy is similar

2. H shaped wings

3. Twin Ion Engines

Last edited by jedispy; 07-14-2005 at 05:20 PM.
Old 07-14-2005, 04:16 PM   #311
Jeff

Quote:
3. Twin Ion Engines
Ahh. Well, do thats what TIE stands for. I knew it stood for something, but not sure what...sounds like I was wrong. O well, I had 2 out of 3.

Follow me on Twitter

Last edited by Jeff; 07-14-2005 at 05:32 PM.
Old 07-14-2005, 05:31 PM   #312
jedispy

I don't know who is correct, but since DarthMoeller didn't ask a question, I will.

Q: Galactic Basic is the most common language spoken in the SW movies. What is the second most common spoken language?

(FYI, Galactic Basic would be the language of the viewer. It's pretty much English, but whatever language the version of the film is in is called Basic)

Last edited by jedispy; 07-15-2005 at 01:31 AM.
Old 07-15-2005, 10:24 AM   #313
Astrotoy7
A Face from The Past

Quote:
Originally posted by DarthMoeller
Ahh. Well, do thats what TIE stands for. I knew it stood for something, but not sure what...sounds like I was wrong. O well, I had 2 out of 3.
you were right too Moeller. The ILM guys deliberately made the inside displays resembles the inside of a tie fighters as seen in ANH... see pic below

Of course the Twin Ion Engines is correct from jedispy, but since Moeller was first he gets the points

Jedispy's question stands

Quote:
Q: Galactic Basic is the most common language spoken in the SW movies. What is the second most common spoken language?
mtfbwya
Attached Images

Asinus asinum fricat
Old 07-16-2005, 08:13 AM   #314
Sabretooth
鬼龍院皐月

10 year veteran! 
That will either be Ryl (Twi'lek Language) or Huttese.

I think it's the latter.

If right, pass!

Old 07-16-2005, 11:51 AM   #315
Astrotoy7
A Face from The Past

Quote:
Originally posted by Sabretooth
That will either be Ryl (Twi'lek Language) or Huttese.

I think it's the latter.

If right, pass!
No one speaks Ryl in the films sabre.... many speak Huttese though. Even the songs in ROTJ(old and new versions) were written in Huttese...

New Question

Q. Which ANH character featured in a deleted scene from Episode I ?

mtfbwya

Asinus asinum fricat
Old 07-16-2005, 10:43 PM   #316
ET Warrior
PhD in horribleness

LFN Staff Member Forum Veteran 
A: Greedo.

Pass on question.

ET Warrior is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-17-2005, 02:41 AM   #317
Astrotoy7
A Face from The Past

correct ET I quite liked that deleted scene...

New Question

Q. Why was it necessary for the Death Star II to stay in stationary orbit around the moon of Endor ?? *think*

mtfbwya

Asinus asinum fricat
Old 07-17-2005, 12:24 PM   #318
guybroom
Troezen

Quote:
correct ET I quite liked that deleted scene...

New Question

Q. Why was it necessary for the Death Star II to stay in stationary orbit around the moon of Endor ?? *think*

mtfbwya
What was in the deleted scene? I only have the video of the films. I'm gonna get all 6 dvds if a box set comes out with ROTS.

A: The shield generator was on Endor. While the shield had to be up, it could not move out of orbit.

Another possible reason which i think is too far fetched, is that Palpatine kept it there as bait with the shield generator as a decoy. therefore, when the rebels found out about it, they would be captured on Endor and in the space battle, where they would be caught off guard when the Death Star shows that it was opperational.

But i am drawn towards the first answer. Take them both!

Pass if correct

bye all

Guybroom
Old 07-17-2005, 03:09 PM   #319
ET Warrior
PhD in horribleness

LFN Staff Member Forum Veteran 
The deleted scene was Little anakin having a little brawl with Greedo, and at the end of it one of the kids says that his temper is going to be the end of him one day...or something to that effect.

As for the orbit, I'm guessing you meant to ask why the DeathStar is in a geo-synchronous orbit around Endor..

Edit - this is to remove my foot from my mouth, it appears that geo-synch and stationary orbits are synonymous.

Last edited by ET Warrior; 07-17-2005 at 09:54 PM.
ET Warrior is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-18-2005, 09:01 AM   #320
Astrotoy7
A Face from The Past

Quote:
Originally posted by ET Warrior
Edit - this is to remove my foot from my mouth, it appears that geo-synch and stationary orbits are synonymous.
hehe pwnt by astronomy

I'll give guybroom the question as he came close enough to the answer...

the DS2..... still under consruction, at the start of ROTJ the superlaser is not yet operational. In addition, and just as importantly, the hyperdrive is not operational. This is why it got placed near endor to begin with, as the stationary orbit will allow for the shield to be generated from the moons surface, making it less vulnerable to attack...

so the answer was because the death star2 was immobile... which is sort've what guybroom said, but the shield was up because it couldnt move, not the other way around

Q. How many alliance ships made the assault on the first Death Star ? How is this significant for the ANH SE ??

EDIT : In many sources, it was stated as 30 ships. 30 ships howveer did not appear in the 77 release.(You can count most of the pilots in the debriefing scene though). ILM put the full 30 in for the SE. Nb. The Falcon is nit counte din this number as it was not involved in the actual attack on the DS.

New Question

Q. Why does Grievous refer to Obi-Wan as 'The Negotiator' in Episode III ?

EDIT2 : This is an EU question moreso, so I am changing the question....!

Q. What were the 2 major scenes that were re-inserted intothe ANH SE ??

mtfbwya

Asinus asinum fricat

Last edited by Astrotoy7; 07-22-2005 at 01:16 PM.
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Star Wars > The Cantina > The Official SW Saga Trivia Thread