lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: MGS TTS a movie?
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 04-10-2005, 03:56 PM   #1
shukrallah
White Dragon

MGS TTS a movie?

Metal Gear Solid "The Twin Snakes" a movie?

What do you think? Hold on a sec, I know... Games to movies, or movies to games normally suck. BUT, Twin Snakes already has over 4 hours of cutscenes. It would be kinda tough to throw in all the information into one movie, but still. The game itself is practically a movie. It takes about 4 hours to beat, and has over 4 hours of cutscenes. The storyline is one of the best I have ever seen in a game. What do you think?

I think it could happen, and be a hit. It would probably be rated R (the game is rated M.)

BTW, someone needs to advertise this section of the forum more, no one posts here often.
shukrallah is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-10-2005, 11:07 PM   #2
Derc
Veteran

Current Game: Fallout 3
It should probably stay as a game. Otherwise it would be ripping off the Matrix!

But if it did become a movie, I'd watch it anyways! And yeah, it would obviously be rated R....

I'll post a cast list later...
Derc is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-11-2005, 08:26 PM   #3
shukrallah
White Dragon

Jean Claud Van Dam looks simular to snake. Its just his voice that would be a problem. The guy who played Punisher might also do well.

Im not sure about the rest of the cast though.

Hmm... you might be right about matrix. If they cut the slow motion out it would work out, though.
Old 04-14-2005, 08:52 PM   #4
shukrallah
White Dragon

Check this site here:

http://www.konami.com/gs/twinsnakes/...ash/index.html

It contains a 26 minute long twin snakes trailer! Spoilers galore... showing some of every boss battle, even the final battle.

Also, just so you guys know, Twin Snakes is a remake of the classic Metal Gear Solid, originally released for PlayStation in 1998, I think. It contained one of the greatest video game story lines... ever. Its like an interactive movie. Twin Snakes added in better gameplay, and drastically improved graphics. Not to mention, revoicing all the characters (same actors) and brand new motion capture cutscenes (as can be seen in the trailer).

Like I said, it has over 4 hours of cutscenes.
Old 04-15-2005, 04:12 AM   #5
Derc
Veteran

Current Game: Fallout 3
This site already has a cast list.

They're pretty good choices, but of course, I have some of my own.

Hugh Jackman as Solid Snake
Sean Bean as Liquid Snake
David Carradine as Ocelot
Sean Connery as Big Boss
Michael Shanks as Otacon
Anthony Hopkins as Roy Campbell
Marcia Cross as Naomi Hunter
Zhang Ziyi as Mei Ling
Arnold Schwarzenegger as Raven
Danny Glover as Donald Anderson

...and I guess that's it for now.
Derc is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-19-2005, 10:11 PM   #6
shukrallah
White Dragon

Those are good choices. But I started thinking about it, and why not leave it 3D-- with motion capture and the proper voice actors it would really feel like Metal Gear Solid. I don't know, I kinda think older viewers won't be as attracted to it, when its "animated." But it still looks cool...
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Community Discussion > General LFNetwork Forums > Community Discussion > MGS TTS a movie?