lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Dedicated Jedi Knight Server (finally!)
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 08-08-2005, 12:00 AM   #1
EAH_XxHeReTiKxX
Rookie

Exclamation Where to play Jedi Knight

Everyone here seems to be generally clueless as to the actual nature of the existing Jedi Knight: Dark Forces 2 community.

Nearly everything JK including the surviving JK player can all be found at:
http://jkdf2.net

A large number of players can also be found at:
irc.holonet.org #jk

There is however a Jedi Knight Dedicated Server that I suggest you all check out, so here is the info.

Information on the Jedi Knight Dedicated Server

IP: jk.servegame.com or 24.225.221.216
Other Redirects:
jediknight.redirectme.net
playjk.no-ip.org
jkserver.no-ip.org
playjk.hopto.org

Instructions:
1) Fire up Jedi Knight and go to Multiplayer > Join Game > TCP/IP For DirectPlay
2) Put in one of the redirects(I.E. jk.servegame.com) or the IP.
3) Click OK, and the games should show up.

Game One: Rotating standard Jedi Training levels every 30 kills or 30 minutes. No Force.
Game Two: SBX v3.1 at Different Maps.

The server runs 24/7, so you can play whenever you want.

You can find much more information about the JKDS at http://jkdf2.net

This server is provided by NarShaddaa.net, so I encourage folks to register at the forums there.

Enjoy!

ReT

Last edited by EAH_XxHeReTiKxX; 05-07-2006 at 08:59 AM.
EAH_XxHeReTiKxX is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-08-2005, 01:53 PM   #2
INFERNOJHC

Ya, mon.
INFERNOJHC is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-09-2005, 11:25 PM   #3
Zappa_0
JOM Director

Ah cool, too bad my JK doesnt work on my PC. I started out in JK and came with each of the new JK games. Gotta love JK, especially in the goldendays of it.
Zappa_0 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-11-2005, 01:36 AM   #4
-{Ion}+
Lurker

""JK?""

-{Ion}+
-{Ion}+ is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-11-2005, 09:43 AM   #5
Kurgan
Headhunter

LFN Staff Member 10 year veteran! 
Jedi Knight! Dark Forces II! The Original, the Best! (not in terms of graphics, but in some ways still tops even the mighty JA.. none of us would be here if not for this game!)

Kudos to the guys who made this dedicated server possible. I don't have much time for games now that I'm heading back to school but I hope and pray you keep up the good work and I get a chance some weekend or holiday!

Also Qtracker.com gives you a great server browser which supports a master list for JK/MotS and www.jediknight.net/kicker/ and www.jediknight.net/jkmag/ has some great resources. JK.net's hosted sites includes some classic JK1 sites to get you guys started/help.

Download JK2 maps for JA Server|BOOT CAMP!|Strategic Academy|
(JA Server: 108.178.55.189:29070)

"The Concussion Rifle is the weapon of a Jedi Knight Player, an elegant weapon, from a more civilized community." - Kyle Katarn
Kurgan is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-11-2005, 10:33 AM   #6
BawBag™

This is certainly some good news, I'm going to try my best and get onto your server, I've been itching to try JK MP for ages now!
BawBag™ is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-12-2005, 07:28 PM   #7
Kurgan
Headhunter

I'll sticky this to help promote it. You should submit this as JK.net site news if you haven't already. I'd post it but my login isn't setup yet (after the server move some of us lost access, doh).

"The Concussion Rifle is the weapon of a Jedi Knight Player, an elegant weapon, from a more civilized community." - Kyle Katarn
Old 02-07-2006, 06:15 PM   #8
Ledgic
Lurker

Ive tried to play a couple times but there was no one beside the server. Also, they should host a FF Oasis or something like that, SBX sucks bad.
Ledgic is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-19-2006, 05:03 PM   #9
BeefCaike
Lurker

Current Game: Jedi Knight: DF2
There is also a JK Community Chatroom located on IRC! Come join us!

irc.holonet.org #JK

We play the game almost everyday, so if you want a game, come here first!
BeefCaike is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-22-2006, 01:03 PM   #10
Echo-7
Rookie

I COME! I promise you

Echo-7 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-22-2006, 03:16 PM   #11
Echo-7
Rookie

Umm can someone help me with this SBX mod? I dont know in which Folder i have to put it in. I cant connect the games and do i need more than the SBX mod? i really want to play JK!

Echo-7 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-25-2006, 03:17 PM   #12
Rebel Scum
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by EAH_XxHeReTiKxX
Instructions:
1) Fire up Jedi Knight and go to Multiplayer > Join Game > TCP/IP For DirectPlay
When I click on any one of the 3 games that show up, I get a weird error: "Cannot load ...followed by a string of Chinese characters (?!)". Does anyone know anything about this?

Last edited by Rebel Scum; 02-25-2006 at 05:48 PM.
Rebel Scum is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-25-2006, 05:06 PM   #13
Darth_Malak02
Rookie

"There is also a JK Community Chatroom located on IRC! Come join us!

irc.holonet.org #JK

We play the game almost everyday, so if you want a game, come here first!"

I tried putting irc.holonet.org #jkc as an Ip and I got an error. what do I do If I wanna play someone...

"Don't be so proud of this technological terror you've constructed, Admiral. The ability to destroy a planet is insignificant next to the power of the force."-Vader

the greates RP site ever... http://unknownregions.proboards81.com
Darth_Malak02 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-27-2006, 07:18 PM   #14
EAH_XxHeReTiKxX
Rookie

Guys all information about how to get on irc.holonet.org #jk and how to get on the JKDS, as well as troubleshooting, are covered at http://jkdf2.net
EAH_XxHeReTiKxX is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-05-2006, 03:40 PM   #15
Kurgan
Headhunter

Thumbs up

Thanks for that. Btw, there's nothing wrong with some of you coming here and discussing stuff, our forums could use it. It's not as if we all have to leave here never to return to your site. I admit I'm biased towards this place, and I see you've got a lot going over there, so I in no way wish to demean your efforts, since JK/MotS needs all the help it can get! But feel free to stop by anytime, and don't worry about advertising that stuff here, since it's for a good cause. JK 4 ever

MTFBWY

Old 03-22-2006, 08:26 AM   #16
Hyde84
Lurker

sbx mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebel Scum
When I click on any one of the 3 games that show up, I get a weird error: "Cannot load ...followed by a string of Chinese characters (?!)". Does anyone know anything about this?
--------------
Here is the problem, you have to download the level that´s needed by the server. when you select the sbx game, it tells you what is the level that it uses.
You can download it from www.massassi.net
I Hope I find you around some time, I love sbx, maybe you can e-mail me to hyde_jk@hotmail.com and play it
Good Luck

Last edited by Hyde84; 04-11-2007 at 02:49 PM.
Hyde84 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-21-2006, 10:24 AM   #17
Nesseight
Lurker

Yes, the SBX game is hosted on a map called "Atlantis". You'll need to put the Atlantis .GOB file in your episode directory, then you'll need to get "SBX 3.1", create a folder called SBX in the same folder as JK.EXE, put the SBX .GOB file in the SBX folder, then run JK.EXE using -path SBX.

An alternative, is you can use the program "Patch Commander" to toggle SBX (and other mods) on and off (you'll have to launch JK from Patch Commander to play mods this way)

The other game on JKDS uses default maps with no mods, and you should be able to get into that one without changing anything.

irc://irc.holonet.org/jk - Harsh, anti-SBX community, but you'll get more games, with more players, on faster paced maps. (you'll need mIRC to connect)

- To win internet based arguments, one must be a master debater.
- SM Nesseight | Chris (XFire profile)
- Sith Mercenaries
Nesseight is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-05-2006, 08:56 PM   #18
Dusk
Lurker

ive been stinging for a game of jk for a long time now. i put the ip in but no games come up. how can i fix this?
Dusk is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-20-2006, 06:14 PM   #19
ralexand
Lurker

I have the same problem
ralexand is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-24-2006, 02:15 PM   #20
ReAcToR

You're probably behind a router. The quickest, yet somewhat less safe method of playing would be to go in to your router configuration and turning on DMZ.

Note: I'll be playing on the dedicated server on and off today if anyone would like to join me.
ReAcToR is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-28-2006, 02:50 PM   #21
Anakin297
Lurker

it doesn't work on mine

Quote:
Originally Posted by EAH_XxHeReTiKxX
Everyone here seems to be generally clueless as to the actual nature of the existing Jedi Knight: Dark Forces 2 community.

Nearly everything JK including the surviving JK player can all be found at:

A large number of players can also be found at:
irc.holonet.org #jk

There is however a Jedi Knight Dedicated Server that I suggest you all check out, so here is the info.

Information on the Jedi Knight Dedicated Server

IP: jk.servegame.com or 24.225.221.216
Other Redirects:
jediknight.redirectme.net
playjk.no-ip.org
jkserver.no-ip.org
playjk.hopto.org

Instructions:

Game One: Rotating standard Jedi Training levels every 30 kills or 30 minutes. No Force.
Game Two: SBX v3.1 at Different Maps.

The server runs 24/7, so you can play whenever you want.

You can find much more information about the JKDS at http://jkdf2.net

This server is provided by NarShaddaa.net, so I encourage folks to register at the forums there.

Enjoy!

ReT
hi i'm Anakin on jk i tired that nd it didn't work i was wanderin if there's anythin else i cld do
Anakin297 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-04-2006, 05:08 PM   #22
Dusk
Lurker

where can i download the maps required to play the SBX server?

ps. is there anything that can be done about the hacking of the NF Rotate server?

Last edited by Dusk; 07-07-2006 at 09:52 PM.
Old 07-07-2006, 10:06 PM   #23
Dusk
Lurker

to anakin, when u say it doesnt work, is there a problem joining or do the games just not show up after u put the ip in?
Old 09-13-2006, 06:36 AM   #24
mistress_lara
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurgan
Thanks for that. Btw, there's nothing wrong with some of you coming here and discussing stuff, our forums could use it. It's not as if we all have to leave here never to return to your site. I admit I'm biased towards this place, and I see you've got a lot going over there, so I in no way wish to demean your efforts, since JK/MotS needs all the help it can get! But feel free to stop by anytime, and don't worry about advertising that stuff here, since it's for a good cause. JK 4 ever

MTFBWY
hey,im in search of a way to get a copy of jk#1 cos i have #2 and am getting #3 but i really wanna try the first one as well, I absolutely love #2 but im finished 5 times over.
mistress_lara is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-13-2006, 06:37 AM   #25
mistress_lara
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurgan

MTFBWY
hey,im in search of a way to get a copy of jk#1 cos i have #2 and am getting #3 but i really wanna try the first one as well, I absolutely love #2 but im finished 5 times over. I thought u wud b the best 2 ask
mistress_lara is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-15-2006, 12:49 PM   #26
Kurgan
Headhunter

Ebay, amazon.com (the JK/MotS combo pack is expensive these days $45, but ebay will get you cheaper or possibly mots singley... JK singley is VERY cheap).

Old 09-15-2006, 12:50 PM   #27
Kurgan
Headhunter

Btw, we have a MotS game up today, and all weekend.

Old 03-11-2007, 05:39 PM   #28
Battle Bunny
Lurker

Hmmmm... I tried all of these and the thing just keeps on (Searching...) and never finds anything. What could be the problem? Do I need to download any patch? (And do I need that SBX thing for Game 1?)
Battle Bunny is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-12-2007, 02:04 PM   #29
JKLE_Cougar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Battle Bunny
Hmmmm... I tried all of these and the thing just keeps on (Searching...) and never finds anything. What could be the problem? Do I need to download any patch? (And do I need that SBX thing for Game 1?)
sorry the JKDS has shut down a while ago... also the IP address only works if the game is up... if you are looking for some games check out my sig to our clan's website we play pretty often

JKLE one of the last active JK and MotS clans out there jkle.jkdf2.net
Legends return one last time
JKLE_Cougar is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-10-2011, 05:40 PM   #30
JackyTheDarkWolfy
Rookie

Jk Multiplayer

ok always when someone is in game and gives me his IP adress for the game he is playing << Like if he just said it was Battleground jedi..bla bla bla ok ..And gave me his ip adress example just an example >>> 1.23.12315. watever..And when i paste it ..it keeps just Saying Searching ...........its pissing me off e.e...

Kyle Lives As a Legend ..
JackyTheDarkWolfy is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-11-2011, 02:06 PM   #31
Kurgan
Headhunter

That means either the server is currently down, your firewall isn't allowing connections to the game (make sure you've "allowed" them), or else you haven't forwarded the right ports to play the game. I don't remember what they were, but the info should be available. Try a search or try online.

Old 12-28-2012, 08:13 PM   #32
Kurgan
Headhunter

I miss this website... wish it would return!

Old 06-29-2014, 12:50 PM   #33
JKLE_Cougar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurgan View Post
I miss this website... wish it would return!
www.jkdf2.net is back under new ownership. Since ReT retired he handed the site over to me, I had a very hard time finding someone who was actually going to work on the site till AcidRain stepped in and we all worked together on this one.

There are also dedicated servers running all the time and plenty of people on the #jk chat room plus on skype now too which makes team MP even more fun!

Check it out!

JKLE one of the last active JK and MotS clans out there jkle.jkdf2.net
Legends return one last time
JKLE_Cougar is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > JediKnight Series > Game Discussion > Jedi Knight / MotS > Dedicated Jedi Knight Server (finally!)