lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Lost Cause 2, part 1 online!
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 08-24-2005, 07:59 AM   #1
MJ
Lemonade

LFN Staff Member 
Lost Cause 2, part 1 online!

Well guys, it's been a long time coming, but it's finally here! And I'm really grateful for you who have stuck it out, remembered the good old days, and looked forward to brighter horizons.

Lost Cause 2 is finally here!

So... what do you think? Like it?

And as promised in the news posts... bloopers!

blooper 1
blooper 2

Want some funny radio plays?
Nightlight Productions
All Night Long
MJ is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-24-2005, 10:00 AM   #2
The Adventurer

What's up with Lubes change in accent?

Also, a new voice actor for Ham?

Also....so no avalible females for Princess Leer?

And....I thought the first series established the Jedi analog as "Red-Eyes" Or was I just hearing things?

Smashing good job, I live and breath these things, MUST HAVE MORE.
The Adventurer is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-24-2005, 11:24 AM   #3
Sallim
Forumite

This is lovely ^_^
Thansk for the bloopers ! The should be always bloopers available ( if there are any available )

- supreme pleasure -
Sallim is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-24-2005, 01:31 PM   #4
LiMP RABBiT

Urg. The new voices will take a bit of getting used to. But, after the initial shock, they seem better now. Especially Leer. I loved the first episode. Great stuff, can't wait for more. And make the bloopers a regular occurence too if possible.

LiMP RABBiT is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-24-2005, 01:49 PM   #5
Urchin
Rookie

I swear I'm insane- it's nearly 04:00 and I've just finished downloading and listening to *all* of the material (10 parts of Lost Cause I, the Wookiee song, Lost Cause II and the bloopers). All I can say is that every time I try to step away from my computer and towards my bed I get a strange sort of twitch down my left side. Is it possible that I'm addicted already?

MJ, your mind will never cease to fascinate me. Me thinks me likes this new abode of mine... (Oh, and before you say anything- I have been doing my assignment, so )
Urchin is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-24-2005, 01:54 PM   #6
LiMP RABBiT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urchin
All I can say is that every time I try to step away from my computer and towards my bed I get a strange sort of twitch down my left side. Is it possible that I'm addicted already?
Probably more likely that you've had a minor stroke. But you never know.

Old 08-24-2005, 02:07 PM   #7
davrosthedalek

What the zebra...!?! NEW CONTENT!?!?!?! WHOOO HOOOO!!!!! Yes new voices.....takes getting used to but fine, and I think the Leer voice if anything suit the character more. Love that the Daleks are still there too. Return of Mouldy Bun Baloney, What the what? Davros is a very happy panda indeed.

Allow me to introduce myself: I am the silencing machine. Lay down your life now and I promise you a painless death. Your weak force powers mean nothing to me. I have but one mission: to destroy - General Grievous
davrosthedalek is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-24-2005, 07:07 PM   #8
MJ
Lemonade

LFN Staff Member 
Well I'm glad that, for the most part, it seems that everyone likes the new Lost Cause. Let me tackle some of these questions that I knew would come up...

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Adventurer
What's up with Lubes change in accent?
His accent changed? Really? There could be a slight change, I suppose. You have to realise that there was a long gap between the recording of Lost Cause 1 and 2...

Quote:
Also, a new voice actor for Ham?
Yup. That'd be Stuart Moncrieff, better known for performing the voices of Death in Tierra de los Muertos, and the Evil Doctor Beazley in anything Howard related. The same night we recorded Lost Cause II we were recording a Howard special called 'The Prime Minister's New Groove'. Stuart turned up around an hour early, and so ended up being available for this. I think he did a great job! From memory, he also plays Lamo, the owner of the Cloud City Take Out Joint.

Quote:
Also....so no avalible females for Princess Leer?
I actually intended to write Leer out altogether, but somehow managed to forget to. Stanley put on a silly voice for it instead.

Quote:
And....I thought the first series established the Jedi analog as "Red-Eyes" Or was I just hearing things?
Possibly you're right. I might need to use a jedi mind trick on you for that one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sallim
Thansk for the bloopers ! The should be always bloopers available ( if there are any available )
Glad the bloopers were popular! I liked Number Two hitting the microphone so much that I almost left it in part 1... I didn't want to lose it entirely, so this was the other option. Stuart gaining a british accent all of a sudden also has me speaking in my normal voice, for probably the first time on any recording. Yes, that's me asking Stuart what he thinks of my shirt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urchin
All I can say is that every time I try to step away from my computer and towards my bed I get a strange sort of twitch down my left side. Is it possible that I'm addicted already?
I can't apologise enough, you should have known what you were getting into before you got in over your head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Limpy
Probably more likely that you've had a minor stroke. But you never know.
Actually, that probably would explain a few things...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron
Love that the Daleks are still there too. Return of Mouldy Bun Baloney, What the what?
Daleks will keep turning up, and Mouldy-Bun will return at a later part, from memory. Just wait until you hear Master Yadda...

Nightlight Productions
All Night Long
Old 08-24-2005, 07:40 PM   #9
The Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ
His accent changed? Really? There could be a slight change, I suppose. You have to realise that there was a long gap between the recording of Lost Cause 1 and 2...
Yeah, at least to me. In the original he sounded more like a Fonzie "greaser" type. Like a tough New York Italian or something. Now he sounds like a Texan with a great big Drawwwwwl.

It's not bad, it's just different. And again, it could just be me, and the way I hear the plays.

The time gap probibly did cause a change in voice acting delivery, which makes sense.
The Adventurer is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-24-2005, 08:05 PM   #10
MJ
Lemonade

LFN Staff Member 
A New York? I always heard it as a Southern style accent. I take it it's just become more pronounced...

Nightlight Productions
All Night Long
Old 08-25-2005, 03:01 PM   #11
LiMP RABBiT

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ
A New York? I always heard it as a Southern style accent. I take it it's just become more pronounced...
It seems to me that there's been a definate shift from mafioso to Texan yokel.

Old 08-26-2005, 11:39 AM   #12
Incredible_d

It seems to me there's been a definite shift from New York to a BILL CLINTON accent. Which, in my mind, is a good thing.

All around, a very good show. The different voice acting will give it a slightly different feel from the original Lost Cause - all the more refreshing.

And I laughed my ass off. Bloopers are my favorite.

PS - I'm guessing you're gonna do something with "Lamo's" blackness?

If there's one thing you can say about mankind
There's nothing kind about men

Last edited by Incredible_d; 08-26-2005 at 02:52 PM.
Incredible_d is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-26-2005, 01:15 PM   #13
Gabez

Very very cool.

Looking forward to the next one!
Gabez is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-26-2005, 04:41 PM   #14
MJ
Lemonade

LFN Staff Member 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Incredible_d
It seems to me there's been a definite shift from New York to a BILL CLINTON accent. Which, in my mind, is a good thing.

All around, a very good show. The different voice acting will give it a slightly different feel from the original Lost Cause - all the more refreshing.

And I laughed my ass off. Bloopers are my favorite.

PS - I'm guessing you're gonna do something with "Lamo's" blackness?
You mean am I going to pull an Eddie Murphy character out? No. I kinda wish I did, but no. :P

Nightlight Productions
All Night Long
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Grim Fandango Discussion > Hosted Forums > Nightlight Productions > Lost Cause 2, part 1 online!