lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Soldier Strategy?
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 11-22-2004, 04:17 AM   #1
KingDwarf307
Rookie

Question Soldier Strategy?

I need a good soldier strategy. It's like i shoot the enemy alot more than he does. but even if i have full health i die. am i doing something wrong? and i usaly aim for the head

: oh chi chi... bahda
KingDwarf307 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-22-2004, 05:31 AM   #2
Alegis
In hiding

LFN Staff Member 
If you think you die too much change your priorities. Like, your primary goal is to survive and secondary to kill. Means you'll get yourself to safe places or heal yourself before going further into battle. By placing yourself behind people or objects you shield off a part of your playermodel... For soldier tips there's just experience

-"The glass is neither half-full nor half-empty: it's twice as big as it needs to be."
Alegis is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-22-2004, 05:32 AM   #3
chrishaolin
Rookie

I think you got your answers in this thread..

http://www.lucasforums.com/showthrea...hreadid=139929

but to add to that, not sure if it was mentioned or not, but if you're usign stormtrooper or another infantry unit,
i recommend 4-5 shot bursts..

feeling froggish? leap..
chrishaolin is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-05-2005, 08:35 AM   #4
Antistia
Lurker

I agree with the posts here - only thing I would add is make sure youre fully loaded and healed all the time - even if youve only used 5 shots, and theres an ammo pack lying there, use it & reload...dont try and take out a group of enemies with 4 shots left and have to try and reload while youre getting your arse shot out from under you!!!
Im reasonbly sure, that apart from vehicles, soldiers always rack up the most kills (against the computer anyways)
Antistia is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-06-2005, 03:54 AM   #5
zerted
Click Center of Circle: O

[QUOTE=Antistia...Im reasonbly sure, that apart from vehicles, soldiers always rack up the most kills (against the computer anyways)[/QUOTE]
Nope, it just depends on which unit you are best at.

Try and aim for a head shot. Its harder but it causes more damage. In SWBF it does matter where you shoot the enemy. Also pratice, pratice, pratice (if you have the time).
zerted is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-06-2005, 07:08 AM   #6
Antistia
Lurker

Fair point, but can anyone rack up 60+ kills say...using an Imperial pilot?? By which I mean a non-vehicle using Imperial Pilot??

If they can then theyre bloody good....
Antistia is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-06-2005, 04:14 PM   #7
Xtermanator
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antistia
Fair point, but can anyone rack up 60+ kills say...using an Imperial pilot?? By which I mean a non-vehicle using Imperial Pilot??

Bloody Good? How about, learn timing. I average that when playing on hard ^.^. Okay buddy, here's a tip. If you are a normal grunt, throw grenades only at enemies in groups of 3 or more. If not, you're just waisting ammo that you'll regret later on. I usually hold down the primary fire button when I see an enemy and don't let go. If you need to reload, switch to the blaster pistol or throw a 'nade. Play a lot on Citadel and Mos Eisley to get the hang of it before you start playing big choke levels such as Bespin Platforms.

'Helping all in need of SW advice.'
Xtermanator is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-06-2005, 07:33 PM   #8
zerted
Click Center of Circle: O

I can and have done

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antistia

zerted is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > SWBattlefront.net (SWBF I & II) > Star Wars Battlefront > Strategy > Soldier Strategy?