lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: The Official AHTO "Cool Stuff" Thread :) (56k warning)
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 08-12-2006, 04:41 PM   #161
milo
[]D [] []V[] []D [] []\[]

Real Madrid is coming to play Real Salt Lake today, I got tickets to go see that. I also bought tickets to the Chili Peppers concert.
milo is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-12-2006, 07:38 PM   #162
Commander Obi-Wan
Gold Standard

Current Game: BioShock 2
Forum Veteran 

Commander Obi-Wan is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-20-2006, 05:20 PM   #163
Jeff
Rating: Awesome

Current Game: SWTOR
Imperialist Meatbags Guild Officer The Walking Carpets Guild Officer Notable contributor LFN Staff Member 

Woo, comics.

Follow me on Twitter
Follow StarWarsMMO.net on Twitter | Like us on Facebook
Jeff is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-26-2006, 08:13 PM   #164
milo

I got a bunch of crap today.

I can finally listen to music again. I also bought a $25 itunes card.

My old TI-83 broke, and you can't go through college calculus without one, so I got a new TI-84 plus.

I also bought a cheap 512 mb flash drive.

Woo!
Old 08-27-2006, 01:12 AM   #165
Jae Onasi
Antiquis temporibus, nati tibi similes in rupibus ventosissimis exponebantur ad necem

Current Game: Guild Wars 2, VtMB, TOR
Alderaan News Holopics contributor Helpful! LucasCast staff Veteran Fan Fic Author 
Heh, what happened to graph paper in calculus?

From MST3K's spoof of "Hercules Unchained"--heard as Roman medic soldiers carry off an unconscious Greek Hercules on a 1950's Army green canvas stretcher: "Hi, we're IX-I-I. Did somebody dial IX-I-I?"

Read The Adventures of Jolee Bindo and see the amazing Peep Surgery
Story WIP: The Dragonfighters
My blog: Confessions of a Geeky Mom--Latest post: Security Alerts!
Love Star Trek AND gaming? Check out Lotus Fleet.

Jae Onasi is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-27-2006, 01:49 AM   #166
milo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jae Onasi
Graph paper?

Jae, you're old.
Old 08-27-2006, 01:57 AM   #167
Mav
8-Bit Code Monkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by milojmiles
My old TI-83 broke, and you can't go through college calculus without one, so I got a new TI-84 plus.
If you want to cruise your way through calculus, get a TI-89, it can produce answers in relation to x, meaning it can take anything algebra, derivative, integrals and it will pop out the answer in terms of x. Say for example you type into a TI-89; 2x * 5x and it will poop out: 10x^2, simple example, it can do much more complex things. Problem is, you rely on the calculator and don't really learn anything I used to know how to do it the graph paper way, then I found the TI-89 and I've been dumber ever since. Oh and some standardized tests (ACTs) don't allow the TI-89, I had to do the math section without a calculator…

"Women are like sunsets… they’re beautiful, but there will be a different one tomorrow." - Gilder
Mav is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-27-2006, 02:00 AM   #168
Emperor Devon
36 Wings, 365 Eyes

Current Game: Ass Effect
Contest winner - Fan Fiction 
Quote:
Graph paper?

Jae, you're old.
I concur.

I thought a 29-year old would have a more modern view on such things.
Emperor Devon is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-27-2006, 02:15 AM   #169
milo

Quote:
Originally Posted by maverick187
If you want to cruise your way through calculus, get a TI-89, it can produce answers in relation to x, meaning it can take anything algebra, derivative, integrals and it will pop out the answer in terms of x. Say for example you type into a TI-89; 2x * 5x and it will poop out: 10x^2, simple example, it can do much more complex things. Problem is, you rely on the calculator and don't really learn anything I used to know how to do it the graph paper way, then I found the TI-89 and I've been dumber ever since. Oh and some standardized tests (ACTs) don't allow the TI-89, I had to do the math section without a calculator…
I wanted to get the TI-92, but those are forbidden. I think I'll be okay though.
Old 08-27-2006, 02:21 AM   #170
Mav
8-Bit Code Monkey

Quote:
I wanted to get the TI-92, but those are forbidden. I think I'll be okay though.
those things are like typewriters, lol

"Women are like sunsets… they’re beautiful, but there will be a different one tomorrow." - Gilder
Old 08-27-2006, 02:21 AM   #171
RedHawke
Shadow Lord Of The Sith™

Current Game: DDO, Stormreach
Quote:
Heck yeah!!!

Try and do some real math sometime folks, your brain will thank you later on in life.

"Beware the form-fitting black armor-clad Drow hottie with twin Mineral II Greensteel Khopeshes!"
"Liella d'Orien says, '"You're the fool, Devil. -- Witness the power of this fully ARMED and OPERATIONAL Titan!"'"
----------------------------------------------------------------------
RedHawke is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-27-2006, 02:32 AM   #172
Jae Onasi
Antiquis temporibus, nati tibi similes in rupibus ventosissimis exponebantur ad necem

Alderaan News Holopics contributor Helpful! LucasCast staff Veteran Fan Fic Author 
Quote:
Originally Posted by maverick187
those things are like typewriters, lol

Had one of those, too.

You're only as old as you feel. And I feel 29.

And semi-on-topic, I'm hoping to get another laptop in the next 6 months, something that'll really play Kotor nicely. I'll be happy if the vid card has more than the 32 I have currently. I thought briefly that it was very strange to pick out a laptop based on how well it'll play a PC game, and then I ignored it and loaded up Kotor.

From MST3K's spoof of "Hercules Unchained"--heard as Roman medic soldiers carry off an unconscious Greek Hercules on a 1950's Army green canvas stretcher: "Hi, we're IX-I-I. Did somebody dial IX-I-I?"

Old 08-27-2006, 02:39 AM   #173
Mav
8-Bit Code Monkey

Quote:
Had one of those, too.
I have one , I'm not 29 , but I used to use my old typewriter, paper, a paintbrush and coffee to make it look like I typed on parchment I had the coolest 2nd grade report ever

back on-topic, this is the next must buy game for me:

Old 08-27-2006, 02:51 AM   #174
milo

^^^
Have you tried the demo? I might get it when the price drops.
Old 08-27-2006, 02:59 AM   #175
Jae Onasi

We'll probably get that for my son for Christmas (Lordy, is it time to think about holidays? Don't beat me over the head for that one--I buy gifts early to spread the cost out over time and avoid the nutsoid holiday shopping, which I detest). He's got the current Lego SW on PS and loves it. He and another friend enjoy bouncing each other's guys off platforms to see them fall apart. They don't get a lot of the game accomplished, but they have a good time playing. It's fun to watch them laughing.

Old 08-27-2006, 03:31 AM   #176
Emperor Devon
36 Wings, 365 Eyes

Jae, after spending only over $1,100 in one year on ways to improve the graphics of my video games, how you can't buy a card with over 32 MB is beyond me.
Old 08-27-2006, 03:31 AM   #177
Mav
8-Bit Code Monkey

@ milojmiles - no, I didn't really notice the game until I was browsing EB for fun(costly habit), but I played the first one and I found it comically/enjoyably one of the best games, although I'll prolly get it for my PSP so I can play it on the go, and depending on my cash flow I may have to wait for a price dropage as well, I'm not exactly rich, and I'm most likely the only one on these forums who plans to pre-order a PS3 , so I need to start saving up, plus I already pre-ordered FFXII so I'm already in a negative cash flow

@Jae - the kids remind me of myself and my cousin back when we used to play TNMT- Turtles in Time and Power Rangers the Movie for SNES, and even before that, we used to play two-player Contra for the NES:
spoiler:
up, up, down, down, left, right, left, right, B, A, start
I still have that memorized to this day… aahh good times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emperor Devon
Jae, after spending only over $1,100 in one year on ways to improve the graphics of my video games, how you can't buy a card with over 32 MB is beyond me.
Actually, finding a good gaming laptop can be fairly hard, my laptop is about 2 years old, has 1gig of RAM and a 128mb graphics card, but it cost me about 2,200$, which would be considered a rip off nowadays, but it was the best deal I could find back then. My desktop that I built last year though... cost me 1800$ total, but that thing is a beast

Old 08-27-2006, 04:03 AM   #178
Jae Onasi

Quote:
Oh, I can buy the card, but the only other one that'll work with my system is a 64Mb. I can't get anything bigger because my laptop's 2.5 years old now and apparently that's it for this particular brand.

Old 08-27-2006, 04:16 AM   #179
Emperor Devon
36 Wings, 365 Eyes

Quote:
the only other one that'll work with my system is a 64Mb. I can't get anything bigger because my laptop's 2.5 years old now and apparently that's it for this particular brand.
I see... but that's so difficult to grasp. With a 32 MB card, you can't enable frame buffer effects and AA, much less grass or even the high texture packs, can you? Egad!
Old 08-27-2006, 04:31 AM   #180
El Sitherino
The Original.

Hot Topic Starter LFN Staff Member Forum Veteran LF Jester 
Got this a few days ago.

I've been spaced out ever since.

“This body is not me. I am not caught in this body.
I am life without limit.”
El Sitherino is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-27-2006, 10:56 AM   #181
Astrotoy7
A Face from The Past

Notable contributor Helpful! Folder extraordinaire LFN Staff Member 
after selling my previous PDA phone I was going through withdrawal. I use one alot. I picked up this slightly older but very cool asus p505

An Asus a8n sli premium motherboard with the sexy 'cool pipe'

an Asus Vento Case

so, i've finally built my SLI rig. Ive got an dual+1 SLI setup going now, with my own dual gpu 1gb XFX geforce 7950 card and a 7900 card a friend is graciously letting me borrow until i decide if I'm going quad-sli.

Even with the 2+1 setup, things look VERY sexy at high rez

mtfbwya

Asinus asinum fricat
Astrotoy7 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-27-2006, 11:27 AM   #182
Jae Onasi

Quote:
I see... but that's so difficult to grasp. With a 32 MB card, you can't enable frame buffer effects and AA, much less grass or even the high texture packs, can you? Egad!
No, I can't enable much of anything, but Kotor's something I play more for the stories, so it's no big deal to me if the grass shows or not. And compared to Atari, the graphics rock.
Jimbo's got it all enabled on our home computer, but I honestly can't deal with the Force speed blur, so I end up turning that down anyway.

It's a small price to pay for being able to play the game anywhere my computer and I happen to be--office, plane, hotel.... My kids and I have played in the car on long trips before and burned out one cigarette lighter converter already.

*Jae looks over Astro's new toys....* I can hardly fathom having that much power in any of my computers, much less putting it to full use. I'd have to mortgage my house and my children to buy the items that could make full use of that. Whew!

Old 08-27-2006, 05:10 PM   #183
Emperor Devon
36 Wings, 365 Eyes

Quote:
No, I can't enable much of anything, but Kotor's something I play more for the stories, so it's no big deal to me if the grass shows or not.
It's the same for me, but if you've played KotOR for three years, you'll see that better graphics can give a fresh breath of life after a while.

Quote:
Jimbo's got it all enabled on our home computer, but I honestly can't deal with the Force speed blur, so I end up turning that down anyway.
You can get rid of the Force speed blur with Kotor Tool and not have to sacrifice frame buffer effects.

@Astro, A 7950 and 7900? You lucky dog! And here I was thinking I'd be content with a 7800 for a while.
Old 08-28-2006, 02:59 AM   #184
Commander Obi-Wan
Gold Standard

Forum Veteran 
Frickin' awesome, so far.

Money = win.

Old 09-01-2006, 10:33 PM   #185
Commander Obi-Wan
Gold Standard

Forum Veteran 
More stuff.

I've spent over $300 on **** for me this week.

Old 09-02-2006, 07:42 AM   #186
HerbieZ
Mythical Beast

I just realised, when you have no job, this is the msot depressing thread in the world. Coincidentally, an advert for gilette razor blades came up.

Waking up.
HerbieZ is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-02-2006, 09:56 AM   #187
Jae Onasi

[Jae in Mama mode]
Herbie, dear, you gotta get help if you're really feeling that way.
[/Mama mode]

And, it won't be that way forever. I was a poor college student for a very long time--eleven years, actually. There were lots of things I couldn't get for a long time. However, my friends and I were very creative at finding free or cheap entertainment (note to RJM--and clean, too, thank you!). After we got done with school, we were able to afford some of those toys. We don't have the biggest/best/newest, but while I may drool over some of the things here, we don't need some of it for what we do, either.

Our latest acquisition: Larry-Boy and the Bad Apple.
My kids love Larry-Boy. So does their mama.

Old 09-02-2006, 11:12 AM   #188
Astrotoy7
A Face from The Past

Notable contributor Helpful! Folder extraordinaire LFN Staff Member 
Quote:
Originally Posted by HerbieZ
I just realised, when you have no job, this is the msot depressing thread in the world. Coincidentally, an advert for gilette razor blades came up.
Hey - take it easy Herbie. Dont get too glum. Im 31 now and have only been able to buy stuff like this for the last 4 years or so. I spent most of my uni years catchin the bus/train and even a couple of my work years. I see young kids and teens with the stuff I have now and I think HOLY **** !! are these kids going to learn the value of things if they are just given them like that.... Until I was about 25-6 I had nothin But at that age though, I graduated and got a nicely paying job and even though it was a long hard road to get to this(and Im hardly rich) I feel very lucky and very priveleged.

so chin up. study/work hard and things will turn out nice

mtfbwya

Asinus asinum fricat
Astrotoy7 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-02-2006, 05:01 PM   #189
HerbieZ
Mythical Beast

I understand, i wasn't trying to be emo.

Oh and mtfbwya still eludes me.

Waking up.
Old 09-02-2006, 05:39 PM   #190
stingerhs
Follow the Wolves

Current Game: Dead Space
Forum Veteran Roleplayer LFN Staff Member Helpful! 
mtfbwya = May the Force be with you always

See the struggle of the faithless lot as they negate their time
How low to sink to the depths of their frame of mind

stingerhs is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-10-2006, 10:03 PM   #191
Commander Obi-Wan
Gold Standard

Forum Veteran 
Finally!

Got them since they were on sale. XD

And I plan to buy the Theatrical releases of the OT.

Old 09-10-2006, 10:13 PM   #192
Jeff
Rating: Awesome

Imperialist Meatbags Guild Officer The Walking Carpets Guild Officer Notable contributor LFN Staff Member 
I still need to get TPM on DVD, and I need to re-buy AotC because I have the fullscreen version, bleah. Nice pickups Commander.

Follow me on Twitter
Follow StarWarsMMO.net on Twitter | Like us on Facebook
Jeff is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-11-2006, 10:16 AM   #193
St. Jimmy

Quote:
Our latest acquisition: Larry-Boy and the Bad Apple.
My kids love Larry-Boy. So does their mama.
Oh, HELL YEAH! you rock at least three times harder now.

The following tale of alien encounter is true and by true, I mean false. Its all lies. But they're entertaining lies, and in the end isn't that the real truth? The answer is no.
St. Jimmy is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-11-2006, 09:49 PM   #194
Commander Obi-Wan
Gold Standard

Forum Veteran 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Moeller
I have the fullscreen version
I don't really mind full version on some movies. But, with movies like Star Wars it just doesn't look that great IMO.

Old 09-12-2006, 01:02 AM   #195
TiE23
Get bent!

Current Game: Shogun 2
Forum Veteran 
Something cool:

Well, I don't feel bad because I don't think anyone was looking for this.

Tie's Kindle Reading Project
"Making myself a more learned person and then bragging about it."
Since October 2010 - I'm a slow reader
-----------
27 Books Completed
('10: 4, '11: 9, '12: 7, '13: 6)
Fiction: 12 | Fantasy/Sci-Fi 5; Classics 3; Literature 4
Non-fiction: 15 | Investigative 2; History/Politics 3; Science 3; Biography 7
-----------
237,123 'locations'
11,865 pages (approx)
-----------
Last book: Cosmos by Carl Sagan - Dec 2013
TiE23 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-12-2006, 01:16 AM   #196
Jae Onasi

Quote:
Originally Posted by St. Jimmy
Oh, HELL YEAH! you rock at least three times harder now.
"Super suction ears! Away!!!"
There's just something about a talking cucumber in purple spandex using plungers as one of his super-tools.....

Old 09-12-2006, 01:20 AM   #197
RevanA4
Desu~

Hot Topic Starter 
I find the Aston shell very cool so here are some screenies from it

they are thumbnails cuz I'd rather not stretch the page if I don't have to XD

Saber is so cute ^__^ | Get Firefox! | call me Revan for short plz
check out this awsome fic by Fuu
What browser do you use. click and vote. you can also discuss browsers here

Formerly known as Revan the great | Back from the dead
RevanA4 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-12-2006, 01:47 AM   #198
milo

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiE23
Something cool:

What the hell? Am I in the right forum? I must be tired...
Old 09-12-2006, 09:00 AM   #199
HerbieZ
Mythical Beast

Quote:
There's just something about a talking cucumber in purple spandex using plungers as one of his super-tools.....
Sounds like a dream i had...

Waking up.
Old 09-12-2006, 09:02 AM   #200
Det. Bart Lasiter
obama.png

Current Game: all
Forum Veteran LF Jester 
Quote:
Originally Posted by TiE23
Something cool:

What the hell are you doing here?

Yeah, uhh anyway, I'll probably stop by Newbury Comics and pick up Ichigo Mashimaro/Strawberry Marshmallow vol. 2 on DVD today.

"No, Mama. You can bet your sweet ass and half a titty whoever put that hit on you already got the cops in their back pocket." ~Black Dynamite
Det. Bart Lasiter is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Community > Ahto Spaceport Cantina > The Official AHTO "Cool Stuff" Thread :) (56k warning)