lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: More KOTOR III Possibilty News! (KOTOR MMO Confirmed?)
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 08-09-2006, 09:39 AM   #401
Char Ell
Force Enlightened

Current Game: The Old Republic
LFN Staff Member Folder extraordinaire Forum Veteran 
^^^
Nice find, Mister Chief! Very interesting stuff.

Another Peter Hirschmann quote from this article:
Quote:
LucasArts is always only going to publish a certain number of titles a year. We want each one of them to be a home run and something that truly is next-gen. That was that was one of the biggest criteria, because if it was a really great idea but it could be executed on current-gen, well maybe we're not the right home for it. That was the package deal.
OK, so we now know Day One Studios is making a next-gen game for multiple platforms that was at least somewhat inspired by the Pandemic/LucasArts game Mercenaries and that we should get more details on this game by the end of 2006.

Unfortunately, this is just another example (the untitled Star Wars 2007 game being the other) of LucasArts releasing information about a game it is involved with more than a year in advance of the game's release date. This coupled with the fact that LEC VP of production says that LucasArts will only make a certain number of titles/year (quality over quantity) makes me believe even more strongly that 2008 is the earliest we'll see a KotOR 3. Not that I think LEC's approach is wrong. I for one very much like quality games. But it just doesn't seem like anything is in the works for KotOR 3 yet.

Want to battle against cancer and other chronic diseases? Join Team LFN!

Char Ell is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-09-2006, 09:58 AM   #402
Prime
Am I a truck or robot?

Current Game: Skyrim, Macross PS2
10 year veteran! LF Jester Veteran Modder Helpful! 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Chief
"I saw Star Wars: Episode III a year before it came out."
Uh, how is that even possible?

Prime is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-09-2006, 10:06 AM   #403
Jae Onasi
Antiquis temporibus, nati tibi similes in rupibus ventosissimis exponebantur ad necem

Current Game: Guild Wars 2, VtMB, TOR
Alderaan News Holopics contributor Helpful! LucasCast staff Veteran Fan Fic Author 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prime
Uh, how is that even possible?

He saw it in rough form before post-production was completely done? He wouldn't have seen all of the special effects stuff, but he could have seen the bulk of the movie in a very rough form, since the acting was done.

From MST3K's spoof of "Hercules Unchained"--heard as Roman medic soldiers carry off an unconscious Greek Hercules on a 1950's Army green canvas stretcher: "Hi, we're IX-I-I. Did somebody dial IX-I-I?"

Read The Adventures of Jolee Bindo and see the amazing Peep Surgery
Story WIP: The Dragonfighters
My blog: Confessions of a Geeky Mom--Latest post: Security Alerts!
Love Star Trek AND gaming? Check out Lotus Fleet.

Jae Onasi is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-09-2006, 11:59 AM   #404
Prime
Am I a truck or robot?

But all the reshoots were done only months before the release...

Old 08-09-2006, 12:34 PM   #405
90SK
Universal Figment

Current Game: Tetris
Perhaps he was exaggerating.
90SK is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-09-2006, 03:56 PM   #406
Mister Chief
Rookie

Regardless, he did say there was some more cool stuff coming down the pipe.
Mister Chief is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-09-2006, 07:54 PM   #407
Henz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Chief
EVERYONE NEEDS TO READ THIS INTERVIEW
It is the closest thing to a mention that we have.
Wow. Just shows how depresingly little we know doesn't it?
Henz is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-09-2006, 08:52 PM   #408
90SK
Universal Figment

Current Game: Tetris
It's better than nothing, as far as I'm concerned.
90SK is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-09-2006, 11:28 PM   #409
milo
[]D [] []V[] []D [] []\[]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skye
It's better than nothing, as far as I'm concerned.
Same here. God, please let K3 be in the making.
*prays*
milo is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-10-2006, 03:27 AM   #410
SithRevan
Veteran

Helpful! 
I have heard a lot of stuff coming up on the web searches for kotor 3, so I think your prays are not unfounded, there has to be something going on!

I have defied gods and demons.
I am your shield, I am your sword.
I know you; your past, your future.
This is the way the world ends...
-----------------------------------------
TAC-F v2.0 | Ubese Assassin's Armor | TSL: Warp Console v1.0 | Auto K1 DS Transitioning | Deralia Spaceport[TSL&K1] | Kotor2Files.com Co.Manager | K1RP: Kotor I Restoration Project
SithRevan is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-10-2006, 07:27 AM   #411
Ztalker
Saving the world casually

Forum Veteran 
Interesting interview...it does the support the theory that they are making it but are simply keeping their mouths shut...
Or they are just talking about Star Wars 2007/The Vader game/Indiana Jones game/ random thingy...

Ztalker is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-10-2006, 03:24 PM   #412
HK's Wifey
Lurker

Is this the most wanted game of our current time? Or is it something else...b/c this want is becoming more of a need for K3, haha.
HK's Wifey is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-11-2006, 11:43 PM   #413
Mister Chief
Rookie

I think that there are more wanted games.
Halo 3
Half-life 2 Episodes 2 and 3
MGS4

etc....

perhaps one of the most wanted *unofficial* games.
Old 08-12-2006, 11:05 AM   #414
Devilsfanatic

Well it won't be the Mech Assault Team doing it, because on a recent IGN interview it says it's a new intellectual property not any franchise they've had before.

Darth Milhouse
Devilsfanatic is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-12-2006, 02:35 PM   #415
The Source
Rest In Peace

Contest winner - Modding 
If they are producing a KotOR III for the next-generation of technology, this must imply that they will have to build a new engine. This could take at least a year to do.

I am projecting a 2011 release of KotOR III.

By holding back a few tittles for later, I think it will ensure their longevity of success. When they really need to make a push, then you will see BG3 and KotOR3 being made. There could be (I am speculating) a strategic plan in place. Lucas Arts could be betting on KotOR 3 and BG 3 to become a long-term investment.

Like it was said, "if it was a really great idea but it could be executed on current-gen, well maybe we're not the right home for it.". At the moment, KotOR II's game engine is for current systems; therefore, KotOR III is not being made. However, its game engine could be in the process of creation, so it can be implimented on the next-generation systems later.

At the end, they will make more money over a stretch of time, and their company's future will be secure.

-------------------Added Edit-------------------

Here is another thought, which people would not want to hear. However, this does make good buisness sense. Lucas Arts is turning into a game company, correct, so their main goal is to develop different types of games that span from multiple sources.

Star Wars could turn into a spoon feeding, so it will continue to bring in money. By expanding into other genera (sp?), they will be able to find some success other places.

This is going to hurt some: Star Wars' long term success is probally numbered. Otherwords, they will slow down production on action figures and games. Eventually, the franchise will slowly dwindle. Since George is no longer making any more Star Wars movies, there is really no more reason to keep things on a high note. He has allready made his money. According to some of the people in here, the TV Shows are going to be more adult orientated. This means there is going to be more drama, and there will be less intense action (wars). This will change the direction of the franchise slightly, and the need for action figures and games will dwindle. They could be creating a steady flow of Star Wars games for the future, so the franchise will stay mainstream.

That is why I am looking at a 2011 release date for KotOR III, and I am not looking at a early release. (Add this to my idea above, and Lucas Arts will have secured their future.)

R.I.P. to 'The Source' and 'MacCorp'
2004-2008

Last edited by MacLeodGR; 08-12-2006 at 03:02 PM.
The Source is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-12-2006, 02:51 PM   #416
Vaelastraz
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacLeodGR
If they are producing a KotOR III for the next-generation of technology, this must imply that they will have to build a new engine. This could take at least a year to do.

By holding back a few tittles for later, I think it will ensure their longevity of success. When they really need to make a push, then you will see BG3 and KotOR3 being made. There could be (I am speculating) a strategic plan in place. Lucas Arts could be betting on KotOR 3 and BG 3 to become a long-term investment.

Like it was said, "if it was a really great idea but it could be executed on current-gen, well maybe we're not the right home for it.". At the moment, KotOR II's game engine is for current systems; therefore, KotOR III is not being made. However, its game engine could be in the process of creation, so it can be implimented on the next-generation systems later.

At the end, they will make more money over a stretch of time, and their company's future will be secure.
Their company's future should be secure without having to rely on Kotor...

By the way, Baldurs Gate (I assume this is what you mean with BG) is proberty of Lucas Arts??? Since when? And BG seems to be *really* finished. It would NOT work, having the same character in BG1 and BG2 then there is a BG3 with a new character...

Apart from that, I agree with you. Kotor III will need quite a few years.

Just look at other successful series:
Warcraft...years of years between 2 and 3
Splinter Cell... the exception. Those guys are really fast xD
Halflife... when was the first released? 1998 maybe?
Doom...same as halflife
Vaelastraz is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-12-2006, 02:54 PM   #417
The Source
Rest In Peace

Contest winner - Modding 
^^^^
Battlegrounds

------------Added Edit--------------

Lucas Arts could become a ILM of game development.

2004-2008
Old 08-12-2006, 05:46 PM   #418
Char Ell
Force Enlightened

Current Game: The Old Republic
LFN Staff Member Folder extraordinaire Forum Veteran 
Well, since we're really grasping at straws when it comes to KotOR 3 news I thought I would post this quote I transcribed from the end of a Eurogamer.net interview with LucasArts President Jim Ward. Thanks to DarthMaulUK for posting the link to this interview in the Community Discussion Forum.
Quote:
We have a two-fold strategy. Um, we basically started all over again with our internal studio as a reboot. And there are a number of great, great people who I felt were strong enough to reboot the company from. And those were people like Peter Hirschmann. And we have slowly but surely been rebuilding our studio.

We now have two internal teams. We're going to grow that because I want to have the majority of what we do come out of LucasArts internally. Particularly around the IP that we own because we know it better than anyone else.

However because we've been so successful over the past couple of years we've had a number of external developers approach us. Because of what we've been doing, particularly on the publishing side and saying, "Hey! We want to be a part of that because you guys are looking at things differently. You're shaking up the industry." And we welcome those partners. We're partnering with Traveler's Tales and Day One Studios and Kuchu (sp?) and Frontier and Natural Motion and Pixelux and all of these folks because they're great quality people and they want to be with us. So we're always going to do that as well.

But we do want to bring up our internal studio capability.
So it sounds like LEC wants to go solo on their own IP (like KotOR) but continue working with external studios for projects that LEC feels are worth the time to be the publisher for (e.g. Day One Studios).

Want to battle against cancer and other chronic diseases? Join Team LFN!

Char Ell is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-12-2006, 06:42 PM   #419
The Source
Rest In Peace

Contest winner - Modding 
Quote:
"We're no longer just the Star Wars company," insists Ward...
I think that explains what I mean. Otherwords, they will be looking into other avenues, besides Star Wars, to keep the inovation going steady. Star Wars is not their only I.P., so it could come from a large franchise. That is a good thing. Hopefully we will see other games, besides KotOR III, beeing retooled for future 'next-gen' consoles and pcs.

2004-2008
Old 08-12-2006, 07:18 PM   #420
Shem
Master of the Force

Current Game: Variations of games
10 year veteran! Veteran Modder Notable contributor Hot Topic Starter 
Quote:
But all the reshoots were done only months before the release...
Probably watched it without the reshoots, the original rough cut that is. They do that to see how it is going to look like before the realize what needs to be reshot, or added on.

Interested in hosting a your KOTOR or TSL mod at FileFront? Send your mod HERE and we'll validate it as soon as we can! FileFront is a good way to get publicity for your mod as we get 1000's of visitors everyday. Is my LucasForum PM box full again? If you really need to reach me, PM me at YouTube under the username: Shem L -- Watch my KOTOR videos! Download my mods from FileFront!

Shem is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-19-2006, 12:51 AM   #421
Mister Chief
Rookie

Well, here is a little news. Ubi Soft is making a Star Wars game for DS and PSP.
This means that Lucasarts is willing to let another publisher do a Star Wars Game.....
Good new at the least.
Star Wars "allies" with Ubi Soft
Old 08-19-2006, 11:21 AM   #422
generalvaklu321
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacLeodGR
I dont see KOTOR III coming out soon, but I think more like late 2007 or anytime during 2008, okay, 2009 at the LATEST. I think we'll get one KOTOR on the 360.

It's a trap!

Last edited by generalvaklu321; 08-19-2006 at 05:19 PM.
generalvaklu321 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-19-2006, 11:27 AM   #423
Samurai DD

2011??? I agree with generalvaklu. That's waaay too late.
Samurai DD is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-19-2006, 02:09 PM   #424
Scars Unseen
Rookie

2011? Not likely. First of all, interest in the game will have dwindled to pretty much nothing by then. Second, 2011 is too late for a next gen game. By the we'll be seeing the release of the XCrate Infinity, the Nintendo DejaVu and the creatively named PS4. Remember that generations of gaming tech are generally defined by console cycles, and those generally change up every 5 years. If KOTOR III were to be released for next gen, 2008 to 2009 would be best, as that's about midway through the cycle, and the developers should have a handle on what can be accomplished on the hardware by then.
Scars Unseen is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-21-2006, 07:44 AM   #425
reven0123
Rookie

found this site on google images can some one translate please:

http://blog.gameguru.ru/02.04.2006
reven0123 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-21-2006, 07:52 AM   #426
Ztalker
Saving the world casually

Forum Veteran 
Well...

It's a blog...and unless it's a blog of a Russian (?) Lucasarts Employee, I just think the guy it doing the same as us...giving some links to articles regarding Kotor 3...

Ztalker is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-21-2006, 07:55 AM   #427
reven0123
Rookie

thanks found something else dont know weather its true or not:

http://www.techimo.com/forum/t171960.html
Old 08-21-2006, 08:13 AM   #428
Mace MacLeod
Food-based rocker

Current Game: World of Warcraft
Contest winner - Fan Fiction 
Dammit dude, reload that page and scroll down.

Be considerate to others or I will bite your torso and give you a disease!
Mace MacLeod is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-23-2006, 05:48 AM   #429
reven0123
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mace MacLeod
Dammit dude, reload that page and scroll down.
thanks just did life can be so unfair! i just wish la would either tell us weather its being made or not insted of all of this jerking around.
Old 08-23-2006, 10:27 AM   #430
Prime
Am I a truck or robot?

How are they jerking around?

They aren't making it unless they say otherwise.

Old 08-23-2006, 06:09 PM   #431
Davinq
I wear a fez now

Current Game: Portal
^^^
I'm gonna burst from all this pressure!

Davinq is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-24-2006, 06:37 AM   #432
reven0123
Rookie

Quote:
How are they jerking around?

They aren't making it unless they say otherwise.
dont know ill think of something when im less tired.
Old 12-30-2006, 05:23 AM   #433
kookaburra
Rookie

Location: If You Combine This Young Jedi And A Certian *Male* Sith Lord You Are More Likely To Get...Babies!
Hot Topic Starter 
Dear Ladies and Gents.

UPDATED! December 3oth 2006

Greetings, I know its been a very, very long time since I've done any Knights Of The Old Republic III scouting on the web, but now that 2007 is approaching, I decided to do some digging once again, this isn't news but Look what I found so far on KOTOR III:

Quote:
There is so much more to talk about. LucasArts will eventually join in to the next-gen race, hopefully giving us Indiana Jones, that neato E3 Pre-Vis game and, please oh please, LucasArts! Where is Knights of the Old Republic III? Even if KoToR III isn't due in 2007,
Hopefully there is still hope for KOTOR III, fingers crossed 'ol Friends. Once again everyone I am going to search for KOTOR III news, I want to make sure I'm the one to break teh news to you all! :P

Source:

http://au.xbox360.ign.com/articles/749/749547p7.html

If You Are A True KotOR Fan,
Please Join My Non-Profit KotOR
Forum here.
kookaburra is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-30-2006, 07:23 AM   #434
jonathan7
Exiled Jedi...

Contest winner - Modding LFN Staff Member Veteran Modder Helpful! 
Quote:
Originally Posted by kookaburra
Dear Ladies and Gents.

UPDATED! December 3oth 2006

Greetings, I know its been a very, very long time since I've done any Knights Of The Old Republic III scouting on the web, but now that 2007 is approaching, I decided to do some digging once again, this isn't news but Look what I found so far on KOTOR III:

[b]

Hopefully there is still hope for KOTOR III, fingers crossed 'ol Friends. Once again everyone I am going to search for KOTOR III news, I want to make sure I'm the one to break teh news to you all! :P

Source:

http://au.xbox360.ign.com/articles/749/749547p7.html
I only skim read that, but theres very little on the first page about KotOR 3, and I'm no Mod but I would have to say this seems like blatant bumping of an old thread; but for no reason, I don't see any news there other than speculation which is more of the same really and is just the same to what we've been hearing.

"Love is the only reality and it is not a mere sentiment. It is the ultimate truth that lies at the heart of creation." - Rabindranath Tagore

"Many a doctrine is like a window pane. We see truth through it but it divides us from truth." - Kahlil Gibran
jonathan7 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-03-2007, 09:51 AM   #435
atis52
Lurker

Hi everyone !

Hasn't anyone read this interview ?
There's More to Lucas Than Star Wars, You Know

Edit: sorry, I just found the thread about it....
atis52 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-03-2007, 05:32 PM   #436
Titanius Anglesmith
Kingslayer

Yea, lots of people have read that, including me.

Titanius Anglesmith is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-04-2007, 02:23 PM   #437
HappyMojo
Rookie

I can't wait to see if what this dude says is true!
http://www.wii60.com/forum/showthread.php?t=10473

"As a leading representative of BioWare Corp. given the mamoth task of publicising the next in the series of Knights Of The Old Republic games (KOTOR 3), I have permission to confirm that this title is now several months underway."

*edit - But most likely it's a lie.

Last edited by HappyMojo; 01-04-2007 at 02:44 PM.
HappyMojo is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-04-2007, 02:51 PM   #438
Hallucination
Baron von Sexy

Current Game: HKO closed beta
It has been proven false a dozen times in this thread.

Let's kill ourselves.

Last edited by Hallucination; 01-04-2007 at 03:09 PM.
Hallucination is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-04-2007, 02:52 PM   #439
Titanius Anglesmith
Kingslayer

I saw what seems to be that exact same post on this forum.

Lemme go ahead and break the news. It's full of crap. If you'll notice on the link I provided, it says that was posted Aug. 13th, 2005. BioWare has also denied that it is true. So obviously, very old and untrue.

I'm glad it's not true, because Obsidian did better anyway.

edit: Ah...Hallucination is faster than me.

Titanius Anglesmith is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-04-2007, 03:00 PM   #440
HappyMojo
Rookie

Uuuuh crap, the devil farts in my face once more.

Currently working on: [Fic] Honour Bound
HappyMojo is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Game Discussion > The Unknown Regions > More KOTOR III Possibilty News! (KOTOR MMO Confirmed?)