lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: More KOTOR III Possibilty News! (KOTOR MMO Confirmed?)
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 10-29-2005, 04:08 PM   #41
The Source
Rest In Peace

Contest winner - Modding 
Old news, but it may have merit:
http://www.gamebanshee.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=61720
The Source is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-29-2005, 09:15 PM   #42
Samurai DD

Man, its almost sure there will be a KOTOR III. It just aint official yet. Relax, wait for/play BF II, Empire at War, Mass Effect, Trials of Obi Wan... KOTOR III is gonna be made, thats like, 99.9 % sure. Even if its release is in 2009.
Samurai DD is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-09-2005, 05:34 PM   #43
Harmor
Rookie

I'd agree, its just a question of who will make it and when it will be out. Both Kotor games sold a lot of copies so if just for the money, they will make it, no doubt. That list for 2006/7 seems a bit odd though ... GTA 6? The next GTA will be GTA 4 since GTA 3 (Liberty City) was also some sort of a trilogy start that found its conclusion in GTA San Andreas. So despite Vice City being "technically" GTA 4 and SA being GTA 5, that is actually not the case. Oh well, they prolly just did the number game... GTA is THE perfect example for an ongoing franchise though, which I believe Kotor will be too. I'd say we will see more than just one Kotor game in the next couple years.
Harmor is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-15-2005, 01:38 AM   #44
kookaburra
Rookie

Location: If You Combine This Young Jedi And A Certian *Male* Sith Lord You Are More Likely To Get...Babies!
Hot Topic Starter 
UPDATED 15TH NOVEMBER 2005

Hello I was just browsing Obsisidian and I came across this. thought you might like to read this:

More KOTOR III hints? here you go...

But while Obsidian is hard at work trying to finish up Neverwinter Nights 2 for a summer release, they're also hard at work on another unannounced project. All we have at the moment is speculation based off of some concept art of dwarves resembling those popularized by Snow White but we do know is that this new game will use Unreal Engine 3. Urquhart also mentioned their desire to do a Knights of the Old Republic 3 should LucasArts desire it in the future. I'd be surprised if they didn't.

source:

http://pc.ign.com/articles/666/666403p3.html

enjoy

-Bas

If You Are A True KotOR Fan,
Please Join My Non-Profit KotOR
Forum here.
kookaburra is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-15-2005, 07:25 AM   #45
SpaceAlex
Forumite

Forum Veteran 
I don't think the unfisihed product is KOTOR III. The guy just said that he would like to make another KOTOR, which i hope they do. I don't think that any other developer but Obsidian is suitable for this task.

SpaceAlex is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-15-2005, 07:21 PM   #46
Char Ell
Force Enlightened

Current Game: The Old Republic
LFN Staff Member Folder extraordinaire Forum Veteran 
LucasArts: Bounding Back

While this isn't directly related to KotOR 3 news it is related to the current state of LucasArts. I found this info on LucasArts while perusing an MSNBC article about games being released for the Xbox 360...
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/10033500/

Good news that LucasArts is doing better since their management shakeup. Unfortunately it only mentions something about an Indiana Jones game being released in 2007. I couldn't care less about that.

But... they have been hiring 200 developers, engineers, and animators for work on games for the new generation of consoles coming out starting with the XBox 360. Hopefully that means that KotOR 3 will be factored in there somewhere. But I'm left wondering that if they move forward with producing KotOR 3 are they going to use an outside developer like Obsidian or will they do it in-house? And if MacLeodCorp's posted link to the GameBanshee forums posting is accurate then Obsidian hasn't even been contacted about doing KotOR 3.

Want to battle against cancer and other chronic diseases? Join Team LFN!

Char Ell is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-17-2005, 08:39 PM   #47
JediRevan
Rookie

When KOTOR III is made and released, I foresee that it will take place no more than ten years after KOTOR II and not less than four years after.

True Toral
JediRevan is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-17-2005, 09:52 PM   #48
qaz79
Lurker

KOTOR 3 i think will be out in early 2007.
qaz79 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-17-2005, 10:03 PM   #49
ilwugoalie
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by qaz79
KOTOR 3 i think will be out in early 2007.
Do you have any proof of this, or is this just a guess
ilwugoalie is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-17-2005, 10:22 PM   #50
OptimalOptimus
Rookie

Goto google & search for KOTOR 3 .. you will find bits of news. that Lucas arts was working on it.. BUt they laid off the team who was doing the work. SO that project is Stalled.

WHAT we need to do it Star emailing Luca Arts & LEtting them KNow WE want this Game Made !
OptimalOptimus is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-17-2005, 10:50 PM   #51
ilwugoalie
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by OptimalOptimus
Goto google & search for KOTOR 3 .. you will find bits of news. that Lucas arts was working on it.. BUt they laid off the team who was doing the work. SO that project is Stalled.

WHAT we need to do it Star emailing Luca Arts & LEtting them KNow WE want this Game Made !
So let me get this straight, they had started, and them fired the team that was developing it..... Lucas just keeps earning points in my book

A Powerfull Sith you will become
Old 11-17-2005, 11:14 PM   #52
OptimalOptimus
Rookie

"As a leading representative of BioWare Corp. given the mamoth task of publicising the next in the series of Knights Of The Old Republic games (KOTOR 3), I have permission to confirm that this title is now several months underway.

This may come as a surprise to those who are currently reading this, as it was previously believed that the KOTOR staff had been cut from the LucasArts project. I can also confirm that the KOTOR 3 team is now officially on LucasArts budget and eagerly developing what we hope to be a 'must have' title on as of yet unconfirmed Next Generation platforms for 2006.

With more details to be released in the coming weeks, 3 points concerning KOTOR 3 can be posted:

1)The story takes place in a period roughly 14 years after KOTOR 2: The Sith Lords.

2)There will be new characters, equipment, classes, mini games and an entirely new combat system based on the interface used on Jade Empire.

3)The plot follows directly from the last game, plunging the galaxy into war with the True Sith.

This has yet to be posted onto the BioWare official website (www.bioware.com) as the pages are currently serving as a front to keep viewers occupied during a drastic remodelling process of the entire site.

As previously stated, this message is soon to be posted around the internet, and new details are to be released soon.

I JUST FOUND THIS ... I'm gonna Check it out .
Old 11-17-2005, 11:15 PM   #53
OptimalOptimus
Rookie

Gamedreams has posted word that another installment of Knights of the Old Republic (in fact, KOTOR 3) is already in development

George and crew are most pleased with the initial performance of KOTOR, so pleased in fact that KOTOR 3 is well into development! This time however expect everything to be new and improved! An all new next-gen engine is being prepped as is a modified battle system that will place a heavier emphasis on the lightsaber. There are even whispers that the game may be shown in some form at E3 THIS year, though I’d expect it to be far from completion, perhaps nothing but a video!

THIS TOO
Old 11-17-2005, 11:17 PM   #54
RaV™
I Came I Saw I Conquered

Combat style of JE? loved it!

http://img135.imageshack.us/img135/6469/ssigvv2.gif
Changed pic to link. Please find a sig pic that is in line with our sig rules, 500X120 and 80kb max, Forum Rules. ~ SWK Staff
RaV™ is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-17-2005, 11:56 PM   #55
Char Ell
Force Enlightened

Quote:
Originally Posted by OptimalOptimus
As a leading representative of BioWare Corp. given the mamoth task of publicising the next in the series of Knights Of The Old Republic games (KOTOR 3), I have permission to confirm that this title is now several months underway... etc. etc.
You've run across an old rumor someone decided to start. It's been debunked in a previous forum thread http://www.lucasforums.com/showthrea...98#post1846298
Notice how mammoth is misspelled? BioWare wouldn't make an important announcement like this thru such informal and unverifiable means.

You can also see comments made by Bioware reps who also refute this claim on Bioware's forums at http://swforums.bioware.com/viewtop...445216&forum=26

@qaz79 - Welcome to LucasForums!

Old 11-18-2005, 12:57 AM   #56
OptimalOptimus
Rookie

DAnget !
Old 11-25-2005, 04:14 AM   #57
kookaburra
Rookie

Location: If You Combine This Young Jedi And A Certian *Male* Sith Lord You Are More Likely To Get...Babies!
Hot Topic Starter 
Hello

Article found: 25TH November 2005 (AEST)

More KOTOR III Talk?

I hope you guys don't mind me posting more KOTOR III stuff I just can't help it . OKay I was just browsing www.teamxbox.com and it just very briefly said something about Star Wars KOTOR sequel. I'm not sure if they mean't KOTOR II or not but I think they are more likely refering to KOTOR III. But any way take a lookie for you self.

Xbox360 In Bad Need Of RPG's

We know that sometime in the future, the Xbox 360 will have RPGs like Blue Dragon, Lost Odyssey, Mass Effect, Jade Empire sequel, Fable sequel, Star Wars: Knight of the Old Republic sequel and the like. But Microsoft should not give up getting established RPG franchises and if they have to make big deals with the respective owners of them, then they should go for it!

Linkie: http://community.teamxbox.com/xbox/1...e-Xbox-360/p1/

I just stumbled upon this by accident. Of course I was looking for KOTOR III in the list and they did mention somethnig about a KOTOR word.

any way

Enjoy

Forum here.
Old 11-25-2005, 09:58 AM   #58
Prime
Am I a truck or robot?

Current Game: Skyrim, Macross PS2
10 year veteran! LF Jester Veteran Modder Helpful! 
I think that comment is more refering to it being inevitable because they would be silly not to.

Prime is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-25-2005, 09:45 PM   #59
stingerhs
Follow the Wolves

Current Game: Dead Space
Forum Veteran Roleplayer LFN Staff Member Helpful! 
^^^^
i agree. i think its quite apparant to more than just us that having a Kotor sequel on the Xbox is something even Micro$oft realizes. i'm just hoping that it won't become a 360 "exclusive".

See the struggle of the faithless lot as they negate their time
How low to sink to the depths of their frame of mind

stingerhs is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-25-2005, 11:00 PM   #60
ilwugoalie
Rookie

most likely it will be exclusive. You make it exclusive, you getting more people to buy the system.

I play xbox, and am going to buy the 360, but i'm not buying till KoTOR III comes out.... KOTOR was the reason I bought XBox in the first place.

Old 11-26-2005, 01:17 AM   #61
RedHawke
Shadow Lord Of The Sith™

Current Game: DDO, Stormreach
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilwugoalie
most likely it will be exclusive. You make it exclusive, you getting more people to buy the system.
Sorry, but I disagree. It is true that console games sell more, but it is also true that in a business, you move as much of your product as you can, because this means more $$$ for your company.

"Beware the form-fitting black armor-clad Drow hottie with twin Mineral II Greensteel Khopeshes!"
"Liella d'Orien says, '"You're the fool, Devil. -- Witness the power of this fully ARMED and OPERATIONAL Titan!"'"
----------------------------------------------------------------------
RedHawke is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-26-2005, 05:04 AM   #62
Bob Lion54
Jr. Malkavian Detective

Forum Veteran Helpful! 
^^^
Exactly.

While the PC market is not as lucrative as the console market, its still large enough that LA is going to want to get what money they can from it.

Bob Lion54 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-26-2005, 03:01 PM   #63
ilwugoalie
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedHawke
Sorry, but I disagree. It is true that console games sell more, but it is also true that in a business, you move as much of your product as you can, because this means more $$$ for your company.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Lion54
^^^
Exactly.

While the PC market is not as lucrative as the console market, its still large enough that LA is going to want to get what money they can from it.
alright, sorry... when i said "exclusive" I was making a referance between the two XBox systems. he will with no doubt make the game for PC (not that it matters to me, I'm not going to waste money buying it for a system and for the PC... did that with the first game). But I doubt Lucas Arts will bother with a version for the XBox when the finished product wont be out for most likely a year or more. The more time goes by, the more the 360 is going to push the original XBox out.

Old 11-26-2005, 07:31 PM   #64
RedHawke
Shadow Lord Of The Sith™

Current Game: DDO, Stormreach
^^^^
When you said "exclusive" I took it as you were saying exclusive.

From what you posted it looked like you were saying it would likely be for Xbox 360 only, hence you got my response.

No worries!

"Beware the form-fitting black armor-clad Drow hottie with twin Mineral II Greensteel Khopeshes!"
"Liella d'Orien says, '"You're the fool, Devil. -- Witness the power of this fully ARMED and OPERATIONAL Titan!"'"
----------------------------------------------------------------------
RedHawke is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-27-2005, 08:56 AM   #65
{masteraj}
Rookie

Well thisis good news indeed. I have heard about Obissan talking kotor 3. Let's hope we get the great graphics and a better plot.....I can't wait!
{masteraj} is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-27-2005, 06:56 PM   #66
Char Ell
Force Enlightened

Quote:
But I doubt Lucas Arts will bother with a version for the XBox when the finished product wont be out for most likely a year or more. The more time goes by, the more the 360 is going to push the original XBox out.
IMO, this has already happened. I would be highly surprised if any game publisher/creator released a game for the XBOX now. I think we will only see XBOX 360 games going forward. Seriously, why would anyone make a game for a now-defunct console?

Old 11-28-2005, 11:15 AM   #67
ilwugoalie
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hai Wan
IMO, this has already happened. I would be highly surprised if any game publisher/creator released a game for the XBOX now. I think we will only see XBOX 360 games going forward. Seriously, why would anyone make a game for a now-defunct console?
I know, this is pretty much common sense. But i've read several threads where people are saying they want it on the now old XBox. Why peole would want to stay with the old system is beyond me

Old 11-29-2005, 04:03 PM   #68
JediMaster12
Dum Spiramus Tuebimur

Current Game: Assassin's Creed
LFN Staff Member Veteran Fan Fic Author Contest winner - Fan Fiction Forum Veteran 
COST, MAN, COST! I was able to get a good deal on my XBox (I've got connections) but that doesn't mean that I'm going to be able to afford the 360. I've heard it costs a bundle. over $200 with tax figured in. Tell me if I'm wrong.

JediMaster12 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-29-2005, 04:39 PM   #69
ilwugoalie
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediMaster12
COST, MAN, COST! I was able to get a good deal on my XBox (I've got connections) but that doesn't mean that I'm going to be able to afford the 360. I've heard it costs a bundle. over $200 with tax figured in. Tell me if I'm wrong.
$200.00 for a 360?? your very wrong... the core system ( that is basicly just the box and a controller) goes for 399.... the Premium, or platinum is going for over 600....

I got hooked up on mine (a platinum system), and sold it on ebay for $1,300.

People are going overboard for these things

Old 12-01-2005, 04:51 AM   #70
kookaburra
Rookie

Hot Topic Starter 
I was just surfing another Kotor fourm and this person *claims* Kotor III is anounced but I just take it as a rumour. Have a look for yourself any way.

Just take this as a rumour because I can't see any offical source from Lucasarts.

This person claims:

Kotor III Rumour

Kotor 3 Rumors: Well its true! There are announcements from lucas arts of a new knights of the old republic game. They are already at a finish for the game and is planning for a release in 2006. It will hit the new big X Box 360 with all the new amazing graphics. You will be able to have more features in the game as such as ruling your own empire. More Kotor 3 games news will be announced whenever Lucas Arts does.

source:

http://www.starwarsclub.tk/

Forum here.
Old 12-01-2005, 06:43 AM   #71
Vladimir-Vlada
Counselor Idealist

Quote:
Originally Posted by kookaburra
Kotor 3 Rumors: Well its true! There are announcements from lucas arts of a new knights of the old republic game. They are already at a finish for the game and is planning for a release in 2006. It will hit the new big X Box 360 with all the new amazing graphics. You will be able to have more features in the game as such as ruling your own empire. More Kotor 3 games news will be announced whenever Lucas Arts does.

source:

http://www.starwarsclub.tk/
Unless that person is an employee or has deep connections with Lucas Arts, I wouldn't believe him.
Vladimir-Vlada is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-01-2005, 07:10 AM   #72
kookaburra
Rookie

Hot Topic Starter 
I found more:

Kotor3?

Rumours run abound in the UK XBox360 magazines that the latest installment of this series is slated for this console, this has yet to be confirmed or denied by anyone.

source:

http://www.force-temple.com/kotor/#250

Forum here.
Old 12-01-2005, 10:21 AM   #73
ilwugoalie
Rookie

untill there is an actual confirmation from Lucas, i'm not believing anything.

Old 12-01-2005, 10:32 AM   #74
Prime
Am I a truck or robot?

Current Game: Skyrim, Macross PS2
10 year veteran! LF Jester Veteran Modder Helpful! 
Quote:
Originally Posted by kookaburra
Rumours run abound in the UK XBox360 magazines that the latest installment of this series is slated for this console, this has yet to be confirmed or denied by anyone.
Well, no doubt it will come out for teh 360. But that could still be 5 years away...

Prime is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-01-2005, 11:10 AM   #75
Bastila
Forumite

Well its going to come out on the 360 but i still think it wont be out till 2007 or somthing but takeing time is a good thing so its not rushed like TSL.

Bastila is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-01-2005, 11:39 AM   #76
Cygnus Q'ol
Savior of Albion

Current Game: liberty city stories
Quote:
untill there is an actual confirmation from Lucas, i'm not believing anything.
Absolutely.

The Starbuck's in Bowerstone has Percolated Java Macchiatos.
Cygnus Q'ol is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-02-2005, 02:23 PM   #77
JediMaster12
Dum Spiramus Tuebimur

Current Game: Assassin's Creed
LFN Staff Member Veteran Fan Fic Author Contest winner - Fan Fiction Forum Veteran 
Ditto

JediMaster12 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-14-2005, 01:37 AM   #78
kookaburra
Rookie

Hot Topic Starter 
Hello

I have found some more talk about Kotor III. Have a look.

http://forum.massive.se/viewtopic.ph...=asc&start=300

Forum here.
Old 12-14-2005, 09:41 AM   #79
Bastila
Forumite

Thats doesn't really say who said its coming out just a user saying when its coming out and whats it about just wait till its offcianly annoceaed (spel) really.

Bastila is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-14-2005, 10:17 AM   #80
ilwugoalie
Rookie

That thead that kookaburra has the link to in there post, is the same thing we putt up here.... speculation. I dont see anything on there that is solid news. when the conclusive word comes, its giong to come from LA. The man has such an ego, that he wont give someone else the opportunity to pull credit before he can.

Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Game Discussion > The Unknown Regions > More KOTOR III Possibilty News! (KOTOR MMO Confirmed?)