lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: More KOTOR III Possibilty News! (KOTOR MMO Confirmed?)
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 12-15-2005, 09:44 AM   #81
Aurora Merlow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bastila
Thats doesn't really say who said its coming out just a user saying when its coming out and whats it about just wait till its offcianly annoceaed (spel) really.
Agreed, that was just a user's speculation
Aurora Merlow is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-15-2005, 03:51 PM   #82
THrawn((9
Rookie

i hope that Bioware will dev the game cause i'd like to see a good job done on it and with the let down of the Second one (it was a let down for me *who had high hope for the game that were perhaps to high*) but i would like to see the end of the Story from KOTOR 2:THe Sith Lords like where they have said about going into the Unknown Regions and seeing what became of Revan and helping to destroy the Sith Empire with Revan.

A True stratergist doesnt need a DS to be successful. A True Thrawn should understand this. the Only Superweapon Thrawn needs is information!
THrawn((9 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-15-2005, 07:48 PM   #83
kookaburra
Rookie

Location: If You Combine This Young Jedi And A Certian *Male* Sith Lord You Are More Likely To Get...Babies!
Hot Topic Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilwugoalie
That thead that kookaburra has the link to in there post, is the same thing we putt up here.... speculation. I dont see anything on there that is solid news. when the conclusive word comes, its giong to come from LA. The man has such an ego, that he wont give someone else the opportunity to pull credit before he can.

Dear ilwugoalie,

Let me point out a few things reguarding to your pevious post. Firstly I do NOT have a BIG ego. Secondly I am giving everyone plenty of oppertunity to get credit to find Kotor III rumours news and speculations. I am just sharing in what I mind what other people say about Kotor III. If you want to find Kotor III news for yourself and want to take the credit for it by no means do so. I am a sharing person and like to share what I find with other Kotor fans. If you have a problem with this please don't bother looking at the Kotor III news.

Yours Sincerly

Kookaburra.

If You Are A True KotOR Fan,
Please Join My Non-Profit KotOR
Forum here.
kookaburra is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-15-2005, 08:05 PM   #84
Vladimir-Vlada
Counselor Idealist

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilwugoalie
That thead that kookaburra has the link to in there post, is the same thing we putt up here.... speculation. I dont see anything on there that is solid news. when the conclusive word comes, its giong to come from LA. The man has such an ego, that he wont give someone else the opportunity to pull credit before he can.
Man, lighten up. He is just looking for clues if there will be KOTOR 3. This isn't a credit or respect contest about "Who can find more or better KOTOR 3 possibility news". And does it really matter? It doesn't to me. And I really don't see a reason why should it matter to you.
Vladimir-Vlada is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-15-2005, 10:15 PM   #85
Darth333
Administraterror

Cool down everyone, this is just for fun No need to get upset about this. The thruth is...err...nevermind, keep it up with the speculation...
Darth333 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-15-2005, 10:55 PM   #86
Char Ell
Force Enlightened

Current Game: The Old Republic
LFN Staff Member Folder extraordinaire Forum Veteran 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth333
The thruth is...err...nevermind
GASP! Oh... My hopes for juicy KotOR 3 news dashed to pieces! Such a tease...

Want to battle against cancer and other chronic diseases? Join Team LFN!

Char Ell is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-16-2005, 12:47 AM   #87
SITHSLAYER133

God every1 settle down i dont care who makes it i just care that the game is actualy finished to a degree where most people are happy and not complainging about broken quests etc......

People in life Should Be given A single Choice where do they want to be Shot!
SITHSLAYER133 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-16-2005, 12:52 AM   #88
Hallucination
Baron von Sexy

Current Game: HKO closed beta
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth333
The thruth is
She knows the THRUTH!!!! Get her!

Let's kill ourselves.
Hallucination is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-16-2005, 09:50 AM   #89
kookaburra
Rookie

Location: If You Combine This Young Jedi And A Certian *Male* Sith Lord You Are More Likely To Get...Babies!
Hot Topic Starter 
Actually just to let everyone know I am a "she"

female Gamer : D

Forum here.
Old 12-16-2005, 12:14 PM   #90
JediMaster12
Dum Spiramus Tuebimur

Current Game: Assassin's Creed
LFN Staff Member Veteran Fan Fic Author Contest winner - Fan Fiction Forum Veteran 
Quote:
Originally Posted by SITHSLAYER133
God every1 settle down i dont care who makes it i just care that the game is actualy finished to a degree where most people are happy and not complainging about broken quests etc......
I'm with you there

JediMaster12 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-30-2005, 01:20 PM   #91
SpartanM
Lurker

Is there any other news on this?

Excited For: Halo 3, KOTOR 3, Next GTA, Xbox 360
SpartanM is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-31-2005, 12:32 PM   #92
kookaburra
Rookie

Hot Topic Starter 
Heres a list of games for 2006/2007 that arn't offically anounced yet. Kotor III is one of them.

linkie:

http://www.gamersreports.com/forum/i...t=0&#entry8947

P.S Yes just take this as Speculation. This is just for your reading enjoyment.

Forum here.

Last edited by kookaburra; 01-01-2006 at 06:35 AM.
Old 12-31-2005, 12:57 PM   #93
Vladimir-Vlada
Counselor Idealist

Link doesn't work. In which section is the news on this site?
Old 01-10-2006, 08:38 AM   #94
kookaburra
Rookie

Hot Topic Starter 
Ladiess and Gentleman,

POSTED 10 January 2006.

I have found some more stuff on Kotor III, Yes I believe it's just speculation, I hope you enjoy reading this as much as me .(I advise you to take a look.)

Quote:
LucasArts: KOTOR 3, Mercenaries 2
LucasArts' recent silence by no means equals inactivity. On the contrary, Knights of the Old Republic 3, in development with Obsidian Development, is in the early stages of creation for a late 2006 -- most likely a 2007 -- release. The game should feature more seamless interaction between NPCs and the lead character, as well as better, more economic interactions between party members. We predict the combat system will go entirely realtime, as opposed to partially realtime (the way it was in KOTOR 1 and 2), and RPG fans will be able to enjoy more distinct shades of gray recognized by characters instead of the black and white distinctions made in the first two iterations of the series.
linkie:

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/680/680220p1.html

Forum here.

Last edited by kookaburra; 01-10-2006 at 10:16 AM.
Old 01-10-2006, 09:16 AM   #95
Vladimir-Vlada
Counselor Idealist

Quote:
LucasArts' recent silence by no means equals inactivity. On the contrary, Knights of the Old Republic 3, in development with Obsidian Development, is in the early stages of creation for a late 2006 -- most likely a 2007 -- release. The game should feature more seamless interaction between NPCs and the lead character, as well as better, more economic interactions between party members. We predict the combat system will go entirely realtime, as opposed to partially realtime (the way it was in KOTOR 1 and 2), and RPG fans will be able to enjoy more distinct shades of gray recognized by characters instead of the black and white distinctions made in the first two iterations of the series.
If that entire prediction is true then:

Oh! UH! HUHUHUHU! RPG fans are going to be so mad. I can only imagine the look on their faces.( They go )

Quote:
The big American console manufacturer published Conker: Live and Reloaded, Fantagram's Kingdom Under Fire: Heroes, and snuck out Fable: The Lost Adventures for a bargain price in fall 2005. Microsoft Game Studios made the full transition to Xbox 360 and it's not looking back.
Stupid X-Box. *Kicks the thing like a football. It flies several metres and falls down, scraping into pieces*
Old 01-10-2006, 11:18 AM   #96
Cygnus Q'ol
Savior of Albion

Current Game: liberty city stories
I'm confused. (as usual)

Assuming for a moment that this is true...

What exactly does this mean going "realtime as opposed to partial realtime"?

How would this change the game? Would it be better? Will it still be KOTOR?

I hope they don't screw up a good thing. Should I be worried?

The Starbuck's in Bowerstone has Percolated Java Macchiatos.
Cygnus Q'ol is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-10-2006, 01:06 PM   #97
Darth InSidious
A handful of dust.

Current Game: KotOR II
Interesting...Not so keen on the "shades of grey" comment, though, myself...

Works-In-Progress
~
Mods Released
~
Quid existis in desertum videre?
Darth InSidious is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-10-2006, 02:05 PM   #98
JediMaster12
Dum Spiramus Tuebimur

LFN Staff Member Veteran Fan Fic Author Contest winner - Fan Fiction Forum Veteran 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cygnus Q'ol
I'm confused. (as usual)

Assuming for a moment that this is true...

What exactly does this mean going "realtime as opposed to partial realtime"?

How would this change the game? Would it be better? Will it still be KOTOR?

I hope they don't screw up a good thing. Should I be worried?
Maybe we should start, but let us not count the chickens before they are hatched

Old 01-10-2006, 08:48 PM   #99
Hallucination
Baron von Sexy

Read what Kookaburra said:
Quote:
Originally Posted by kookaburra
Now please read what the article really said. Focus on the bolded part.
Quote:
Originally Posted by the article posted by kookaburra
LucasArts' recent silence by no means equals inactivity. On the contrary, Knights of the Old Republic 3, which we believe is in development with Obsidian Development, is in the early stages of creation for a late 2006 -- most likely a 2007 -- release. The game should feature more seamless interaction between NPCs and the lead character, as well as better, more economic interactions between party members. We predict the combat system will go entirely realtime, as opposed to partially realtime (the way it was in KOTOR 1 and 2), and RPG fans will be able to enjoy more distinct shades of gray recognized by characters instead of the black and white distinctions made in the first two iterations of the series.
Kookaburra, why did you delete that little part?

Now, onto what the real article said, it is all speculation, and predicitions. Why would they change the system? In fact, the only 'proof' they offered was artwork from KOTOR 2. If they prove that K2 is being made, I won't trust them with this 'prediction' about a combat system change.

Let's kill ourselves.
Old 01-11-2006, 12:19 AM   #100
kookaburra
Rookie

Hot Topic Starter 
@ Hallucination

I have no idea why, I didn't even notice the missing part. The proof is in the link any way.

Forum here.
Old 01-11-2006, 02:15 AM   #101
IndianaSolo
Rookie

It's that website's prediction for 2006, nothing more nothing less. It has as much credibility as me making predictions for 2006.

Fallout 3 will be made. It will be real time.

See? That's about as credible as IGN's article is in terms of how much truth there is to it.

Darth Maul - The Forgotten Sith
IndianaSolo is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-11-2006, 12:01 PM   #102
Prime
Am I a truck or robot?

Current Game: Skyrim, Macross PS2
10 year veteran! LF Jester Veteran Modder Helpful! 
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndianaSolo
It's that website's prediction for 2006, nothing more nothing less. It has as much credibility as me making predictions for 2006.

Fallout 3 will be made. It will be real time.

See? That's about as credible as IGN's article is in terms of how much truth there is to it.
You need to make a website though...

Prime is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-11-2006, 12:18 PM   #103
Cygnus Q'ol
Savior of Albion

No one ever explained HOW this would change the game.

Can someone give me an example of the difference?

How would the game play be different?

Would it be the graphics and the look of movement or the action and fighting or what?

What would be the differences for PC and console users?

Old 01-11-2006, 12:28 PM   #104
RedHawke
Shadow Lord Of The Sith™

Current Game: DDO, Stormreach
It is just a websites predictions, holds as much water as my own, I wouldn't lose any sleep over it Cygnus.

"Beware the form-fitting black armor-clad Drow hottie with twin Mineral II Greensteel Khopeshes!"
"Liella d'Orien says, '"You're the fool, Devil. -- Witness the power of this fully ARMED and OPERATIONAL Titan!"'"
----------------------------------------------------------------------
RedHawke is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-11-2006, 12:31 PM   #105
ChAiNz.2da
Leave Everything to Me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cygnus Q'ol
Can someone give me an example of the difference?
Best comparison I can think of (at least for real-time combat) is Morrowind vs TSL..

In Morrowind, when you encounter/engage in combat.. there is no "pausing" and thinking about strategy.. it's a "you better hope you either have quick fingers, proper hot keys, etc.. OR you can run like a mother.." Granted, you can still "switch" your inventory, but there are games out there that don't even allow this. Also, in Morrowind, in order to combat (swing weapon, throw, pull bowstring), something has to be "pressed" per action (ie, button-mashing)

TSL being turn based allows you to "pause", que actions for the entire party then resume based on your choices... no pressing buttons to swing, block etc. No strafing controls, no nothing.. it's all based on a die system where your skills and abilities adjust your "roll" to determine effectiveness and success/fail.

I can only imagine the horror of a real-time scenario with more than one Party Member (excluding the fact that until stoffe fixed it, Pary AI sucked)...

If KotOR III is to be a "true" real-time combat game, it's going to become more of a button-mashing nightmare rather than a storyline driven RPG (IMO)

"Eagles May Soar, But Weasels Don't Get Sucked Into Jet Engines"

| Mods (FF) (DS) | Folding | SWK.com | FB: (LF) (Me) | Steam | The Herd |
ChAiNz.2da is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-11-2006, 01:25 PM   #106
Darth InSidious
A handful of dust.

Current Game: KotOR II
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChAiNz.2da
Best comparison I can think of (at least for real-time combat) is Morrowind vs TSL..

In Morrowind, when you encounter/engage in combat.. there is no "pausing" and thinking about strategy.. it's a "you better hope you either have quick fingers, proper hot keys, etc.. OR you can run like a mother.." Granted, you can still "switch" your inventory, but there are games out there that don't even allow this. Also, in Morrowind, in order to combat (swing weapon, throw, pull bowstring), something has to be "pressed" per action (ie, button-mashing)

TSL being turn based allows you to "pause", que actions for the entire party then resume based on your choices... no pressing buttons to swing, block etc. No strafing controls, no nothing.. it's all based on a die system where your skills and abilities adjust your "roll" to determine effectiveness and success/fail.

I can only imagine the horror of a real-time scenario with more than one Party Member (excluding the fact that until stoffe fixed it, Pary AI sucked)...

If KotOR III is to be a "true" real-time combat game, it's going to become more of a button-mashing nightmare rather than a storyline driven RPG (IMO)
Thanks for the explanation! True RPG sounds baaaaaaad.

Works-In-Progress
~
Mods Released
~
Quid existis in desertum videre?
Darth InSidious is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-11-2006, 01:40 PM   #107
JediMaster12
Dum Spiramus Tuebimur

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedHawke
It is just a websites predictions, holds as much water as my own, I wouldn't lose any sleep over it Cygnus.
Quoted for emphasis

Old 01-11-2006, 08:14 PM   #108
IndianaSolo
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prime
You need to make a website though...
I have an old angelfire one with nifty little HMTL crap. Hey, does that mean my prediction for Fallout 3 is now legitimate?!?!

Old 01-11-2006, 08:16 PM   #109
IndianaSolo
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChAiNz.2da

I prefer the KOTOR style than Morrowind style. IMO, RPG combat is about strategy (albeit KOTOR's combat was a little too easy to have to worry about strategy), and if you go to full real time there's no chance for real strategy.

Old 01-12-2006, 06:23 AM   #110
JediMasterDeath
Banned

Post THANKS ^.^

Hey there guys and gals I've read this entire forum tonight and would first off like to say !!!MAJOR KUDOS TO KOOKABURRA!!!. Shes found at the very least 60% of the KOTOR 3 news we've heard. I didn't see anyone really thanking her for it either -.- though mabye you guys did. HOWVER considering I did a Find (on this page) search for the word Thank on all 3 threads and in total only found 2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 1 OF WHICH WAS IN SOMEONES SIG. (I HOPE I MISSED SOME -.-) I WOULD SAY SOME OF YOU SHOULD THANK THE PEOPLE WHOM SEARCH TO FIND US OUR KOTOR 3 INFO, AND STOP DOING NOTHING BUT SAYING "I'll believe it when I see it." Quick question, do you believe in the wind? I for ONE am extermly glad you find this info for us, THANK YOU ALL.

This Info has brightened my hope for a KOTOR filled future
JediMasterDeath is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-12-2006, 12:31 PM   #111
Darth333
Administraterror

Thread pruned.

@ JediMasterDeath:
For future reference:

1. Flaming and name calling is not tolerated here, no matter the reason. If you have a problem with a post or thread, instead of flaming, use the report post button and we will look at the situation and take action if we deem it appropriate.

2. We welcome different opinions on the boards and people have the right to agree and disagree as long as it remains respectful. If people feel skeptical about the reported news, they can say so. It doesn't mean they are not interested or ungrateful. The same goes with your appreciation of what Kookaburra did.

3. Concerning the use of profanity in your posts, do not try to fool the censor. I have edited one of you other posts in another thread.

4. Avoid typing in caps: this is considered rude and it is annoying to read.

5. Read the forum rules in their entirety.

6. When a moderator edits one of your posts or gives you a warning, do not answer in the thread. If you want to discuss the issue, PM the moderator or another moderator, super mod or admin or use the feedback forum. You will find a list ouf our kotor forums here: http://www.lucasforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=321

Now back on topic everyone.

Last edited by Darth333; 01-12-2006 at 12:41 PM.
Darth333 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-16-2006, 04:42 AM   #112
kookaburra
Rookie

Hot Topic Starter 
Kotor III speculation on knights.com????

posted by Com Raven on main page.

Quote:
So, you read the bit below about Obsidian Entertainment doing a pure action-combat KotOR 3? Laughed about how crazy that ideas sounds? Alright, then you might be prepared to read this

It seems that Obsidian is hiring a Audio Programmer for an unannounced game. Not too exciting in itself.

It gets more interesting once you look at the details:
Audio Programmer - PS3, XBOX 360, PC
Unannounced - 3rd Person, ACTION, RPG

So, a few days after IGN (who are despite some occasional wacky predictions still a great source for gaming news) proclaims a Xbox360 action-based KotOR 3, we find that Obsidian (the most likely candidate for KotOR 3 since BioWare is busy with its own IPs) is working on an action rpg for the 360, PC (a sure bet for any future KotORs) and the PS3 (with the PS3 having a HDD this time around, a port seems likely).

Feel free to draw your own conclusions, and to discuss them along with the rest of the community on our KotOR III Boards.

Feel free to disagree or agree. total speculation.

another interesting thing??? Kotor 3 ?????? (Just a guess)

http://www.creativeheads.net/JobDetails.aspx?JobID=677

comes from here:

www.starwarsknights.com

Forum here.
Old 01-16-2006, 04:56 AM   #113
The Source
Rest In Peace

Contest winner - Modding 
I think both threads are heading into the same direction...
http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=158548
The Source is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-16-2006, 01:14 PM   #114
Cygnus Q'ol
Savior of Albion

Some of the signs are starting to show.
Nice digging everyone, but until there's an announcement, it's just speculation.

Old 01-16-2006, 01:51 PM   #115
Prime
Am I a truck or robot?

Yep. Lets keep the discussion of the posting to the thread dedicated to it...

Thanks.

Old 01-16-2006, 02:28 PM   #116
Clone L68362
Forumite

People have talked about this before and reacted with "What do they mean action RPG?!" Which I don't know why really. KOTOR could be considered an action RPG, there's a lot of...action.

My sig is stupid.
Clone L68362 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-16-2006, 04:07 PM   #117
Prime
Am I a truck or robot?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clone L68362
People have talked about this before and reacted with "What do they mean action RPG?!" Which I don't know why really. KOTOR could be considered an action RPG, there's a lot of...action.
They are refering to the control interface. An action RPG implies a more twitch-based scheme that you would be unable to pause/assign commands.

Old 01-16-2006, 07:53 PM   #118
Hallucination
Baron von Sexy

^And as you can see, that would change the party control quite a bit.

Let's kill ourselves.
Old 01-18-2006, 09:09 AM   #119
kookaburra
Rookie

Hot Topic Starter 
Okay Ladies and Gents,

again I have found some more Kotor III rumour/speculation, read this:

Quote:
Obsidian Working On Next-gen KOTR 3?
According to various reports, Obsidian Entertainment - developing house of Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords - is currently working on an Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 game. Although the actual title hasn't been revealed, chances are at least reasonable that it's the third Star Wars game in the Knights of the Old Republic series, currently labeled KOTR 3. We'll keep you updated if Obsidian makes any official comments.

-Shiva Stella
[POSTED: 01/16/06]

linkie:

http://news.gaminghorizon.com/media2...3091.3182.html

another linkie

http://news.gaminghorizon.com/

against this is I believe just pure speculation.

Enjoy

Forum here.
Old 01-18-2006, 09:27 AM   #120
kookaburra
Rookie

Hot Topic Starter 
DOUBLE TREAT

OH my we are in for a real Kotor III rumour treat tonight. Of course still take this as a Kotor III rumor.

look at this.

Obsidian's Quadruple Set
The dev team behind KOTOR: The Sith Lords has new games in store. What are they?
by Douglass C. Perry

Quote:
January 17, 2006 - Obsidian Entertainment is currently working on three unannounced role-playing games, according to job listing site Creative Heads.

Comprised of former several Black Isle and BioWare creators, Obsidian appears to be expanding with work expressly for next-generation and PC platforms. One game, listed as a third-person action-RPG for Xbox 360 and PS3, is possibly the third in the Knights of the Old Republic series. Neither LucasArts nor Obsidian would confirm a renewal of their work done on Knights of the Old Republic: The Sith Lords. According to a source close to the development team, Obsidian may not have sealed the deal yet for KOTOR 3.

The second role-playing game listed (Obsidian is looking for an entry-level programmer for this title) is an RPG slated for Xbox 360, PS3, and PC. This second RPG is an original intellectual property called Project New Jersey and uses the Unreal 3 Engine, according to Obsidian employees. Along with job postings for Neverwinter Knights 2 (announced in August 2004), Obsidian is also creating an adventure-RPG for Xbox 360 and PS3 (for which it's in search of a senior graphics programmer).

In addition to the Creative Heads listing is Obsidian's own job listings.

linkie:

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/681/681657p1.html

Enjoy

Forum here.
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Game Discussion > The Unknown Regions > More KOTOR III Possibilty News! (KOTOR MMO Confirmed?)