lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Kotor 3 : Legend of The Sith'ari
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 01-09-2006, 03:02 PM   #41
Mono_Giganto
Giant Monkey of Doom™

Current Game: Baldur's Gate EE
Veteran Modder Helpful! 
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobQel-Droma
Actually, there was. Revan could have a total of three names: Darth Revan, <K1 name>, and <K3 name>. Wouldn't make any sense, would it? Your character could be named one thing in K1, and another in K3. Since you already know you are Revan, its no secret anymore, why not just take away the custom name?
Well, it could be pulled off... The only likely returning characters from the first game are HK-47 and T3-M4, neither of whom address Revan by name. You could theoretically go through the game with your custom name, then find out that you're Revan (Again.). It would come as no shock to the main character, as he/she knows that they're Revan, but it might shock the player. The custom name might then be revealed as a travelling guise, or such, like Underhill from the Lord of the Rings. Flaky, but possible. Still breaks KotOR traditions however. A new PC is required.

Mono_Giganto is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-10-2006, 03:25 AM   #42
OptimalOptimus
Rookie

Ok, i'm not gonna Argue with the *Snip* who Keeps nitpicking at my idea. SO MOVE ON .

& for those of you who cant' get the idea i've got for KOTOR 3 Check out MASS EFFECT from bioware. it would be like that, Based on star wars instead & NOT a push button game. i don't want a halo push button game, i hated halo 1 & 2

OptimalOptimus, please refrain from any sort of name calling in your posts, this is called flaming and will not be tolerated... any more name calling and this thread will be closed. -RH
OptimalOptimus is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-10-2006, 10:49 AM   #43
BattleDog
Terrible in War

Roleplayer 
No need to get angry. I agree with the others, K2 had a new PC, it is now virtually impossible to go back to Revan. This is KOTOR's greatest weakness as a series even though it's the games' greatest stength individually.

The best way to do K2 IMO would have been to make Revan the PC and assume LS ending on K1. Then skip foward five years to discover Revan has forsaken the Force and become a hermit or is living quietly with Bastila/Carth.

I think for K3 they should fix LS endings for the last two games, otherwise we'll just get more of the same. The Republic will be tottering, the Jedi will be all but extinct and the Sith will be about to resurge.

Fly Fast,
Shoot Straight,
Live Long!
BattleDog is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-10-2006, 11:06 AM   #44
RobQel-Droma
Blah

Contest winner - Fan Fiction 
Quote:
Originally Posted by OptimalOptimus
Ok, i'm not gonna Argue with the *Snip* who Keeps nitpicking at my idea. SO MOVE ON .
Since what I'm saying seems to not register with you, I'm just going to give up. I was merely pointing out rather large flaws in your ideas, nothing personal- some that you can't seem to find an answer too. But apparently I'm just going to get called names, and said that I'm "nitpicking."

And just one last thing. DO NOT change the engine. Mass Effect may be one of the greatest games ever made, but it is not KOTOR. Don't just change it into another total different game, and alienate me and many others from the game, who don't want some wierd hybrid unlike the way the first two were. Of course, you may not even care if it alienates people; if so, that is your problem.

If you don't like the way battles are in KOTOR, I really don't care- that's just the way the game works. Go play Mass Effect, fine, but don't turn KOTOR into what Mass Effect is.
RobQel-Droma is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-10-2006, 01:12 PM   #45
JediMaster12
Dum Spiramus Tuebimur

Current Game: Assassin's Creed
LFN Staff Member Veteran Fan Fic Author Contest winner - Fan Fiction Forum Veteran 
Well said Rob. Maybe he needs some time out with Star Wars Legoes

JediMaster12 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-11-2006, 07:59 AM   #46
BattleDog
Terrible in War

Roleplayer 
There have been some really good FPS style RPGs, Morrowind, for example butI think for this kind of squad based RPG turnbased D20 is best. Consider the issues of having to control all the characters, and worry about what exactly the enemy will do.

Fly Fast,
Shoot Straight,
Live Long!
BattleDog is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-11-2006, 09:31 AM   #47
Darth InSidious
A handful of dust.

Current Game: KotOR II
D10 sounds awful! You'd have odd rolls like d7.5...yeuch.

Works-In-Progress
~
Mods Released
~
Quid existis in desertum videre?
Darth InSidious is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-11-2006, 12:06 PM   #48
Cygnus Q'ol
Savior of Albion

Current Game: liberty city stories
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobQel-Droma
Since what I'm saying seems to not register with you, I'm just going to give up. I was merely pointing out rather large flaws in your ideas, nothing personal- some that you can't seem to find an answer too. But apparently I'm just going to get called names, and said that I'm "nitpicking."

And just one last thing. DO NOT change the engine. Mass Effect may be one of the greatest games ever made, but it is not KOTOR. Don't just change it into another total different game, and alienate me and many others from the game, who don't want some wierd hybrid unlike the way the first two were. Of course, you may not even care if it alienates people; if so, that is your problem.

If you don't like the way battles are in KOTOR, I really don't care- that's just the way the game works. Go play Mass Effect, fine, but don't turn KOTOR into what Mass Effect is.
Thank you rob, I agree.
Why does everyone want to change Kotor into something it's not?

The Starbuck's in Bowerstone has Percolated Java Macchiatos.
Cygnus Q'ol is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-11-2006, 12:47 PM   #49
JediMaster12
Dum Spiramus Tuebimur

Current Game: Assassin's Creed
LFN Staff Member Veteran Fan Fic Author Contest winner - Fan Fiction Forum Veteran 
I don't know. The darkside clouds everything.

JediMaster12 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-28-2007, 10:55 AM   #50
TheExileReturns
Rookie

This sounds like a good idea for a game, now if only Lucas Arts would work on Kotor III. I saw that they are working on a "Star Wars' Force Unleashed" game where you play Darth Vaders' secret apprentice in the time between episodes' III and IV. They don't seem to have any interest in finishing the Kotor trilogy though.
TheExileReturns is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-28-2007, 11:38 AM   #51
Prime
Am I a truck or robot?

Current Game: Skyrim, Macross PS2
10 year veteran! LF Jester Veteran Modder Helpful! 
darth fmc, please refrain from spamming and flaming. This is your warning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cygnus Q'ol
Thank you rob, I agree.
Why does everyone want to change Kotor into something it's not?
How can you prove you are a 733t d00d when the computer does all the fighting??

Prime is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-29-2007, 12:26 AM   #52
Darca Lar
Forumite

Current Game: Dragon Age Origins
Quote:
Originally Posted by OptimalOptimus
Make sure you read it all to get the whole idea.

The Title

Knights Of The Old Republic : Legend of the Sith'ari

You are Revan, At the start of the game you have to choose if you are Light Side OR Dark Side.

{Edited for space saving}

That's all the Idea's i have for now. ADD yours to mine. & i will Email ALL the Info to LUCAS ARTS. & give them our Ideas.
A good spinoff sure, but it just seems like too much change. Just because its a next-gen. game doesn't mean it should change so drastically. Small changes are fine, but that much is TOO much at once.

Yesterday is history. Tomorrow, a mystery. Today is a gift...that is why it is called the present.

Last edited by RedHawke; 03-29-2007 at 06:01 AM. Reason: Condensing quote to save space...
Darca Lar is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-17-2007, 12:45 PM   #53
darthskywalker3
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darca Lar
A good spinoff sure, but it just seems like too much change. Just because its a next-gen. game doesn't mean it should change so drastically. Small changes are fine, but that much is TOO much at once.
your rong but sort of rite
darthskywalker3 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-18-2007, 11:29 AM   #54
Darca Lar
Forumite

Current Game: Dragon Age Origins
Quote:
Originally Posted by BattleDog
The best way to do K2 IMO would have been to make Revan the PC and assume LS ending on K1. Then skip foward five years to discover Revan has forsaken the Force and become a hermit or is living quietly with Bastila/Carth.

I think for K3 they should fix LS endings for the last two games, otherwise we'll just get more of the same. The Republic will be tottering, the Jedi will be all but extinct and the Sith will be about to resurge.
Well, K2 didn't assume that K1 had a LS ending at all. And sure you COULD go with that idea for K3, but I still think they should leave it open just because. They just leave out any of the crucial things that would say otherwise. They'd also be filling in the aftermath of Malachor since that is pretty much a big part fo K2. It either exploded or it didn't so they'd either have to take it out of the equation completely or say that its no longer there but don't know exactly what happened(either Exile blew it to pieces or it just imploded from a surge in the dark side aura, I don't know you pick.) And then there's the question of where the Ebon Hawk is. There's just so many holes in the story from K2. You see the damaged ship fall into the abyss of the planet, and if you're LS it flies up fully repaired and picks you up. But DS you just assume the Dark throne. So the question is, should they just scrap it and give the PC a new ship? Maybe the crew other than Exile arrives on Telos in the Ebon Hawk and hands it over to Carth, I guess that's one way but it's the only possible one I can come up with.
In a way, assuming LS endings would be the easiest way without this sort of complication since the developers only got it half done. But I want to see what Obsidian can really do....if they get signed to make K3 if its made any time soon.

Yesterday is history. Tomorrow, a mystery. Today is a gift...that is why it is called the present.
Darca Lar is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-21-2007, 05:15 PM   #55
Robb Stark
Rookie

Actually, I thought TSL was pretty clever in rendering the alignment choices of the first two games irrelevant to the third:

a) The Republic is weak. Unless the game takes place in the distant future (which it won't), the Republic will not have recovered from the Jedi Purge. This places the onus on Revan, the Exile, Canderous/Mandalore, and whoever else figures into the KotOR3 plot to stop the True Sith.
b) Revan left for the Unknown Regions beyond Republic space. He did it by choice because he knew that the Republic, even a Republic conquered by his Sith (if he was DS) could not have defended itself from the threat he had foreseen.
c) The Exile followed Revan because, as Kreia stated, that is where her path takes her. Whatever Revan is up against, LS or DS, there is something about the Exile, LS or DS, that makes her essential to the battle that is to come.
d) Despite its weakness, the Republic did not collapse due to the Exile's actions, whether LS or DS. She eliminated the Sith that would threaten the existence of the Jedi Order, allowing it to be rebuilt in her absence in the Unknown Regions. She stabilized Onderon, regardless of the path she took, and she saved Telos from its ultimate demise, even if unwillingly.
e) By placing the threat in the Unknown Regions, the effect of the weakness of the Republic on ultimate victory against the True Sith is lessened. The likelihood of an all-out war that threatens Coruscant and the Core Worlds is small, and even if such occurs, the solution will be defeating the True Sith *at their source*, rather than trying to match up with them ship-for-ship and defeat them in a prolonged war. Revan must have believed this to have left known space the way he did before TSL.

The alignment issues become a problem once one tries to place Revan and the Exile in the main storyline. They would act very differently depending on their alignment, and even their gender and classes. Which is why I suspect that while both will be mentioned as key figures throughout the game, if the main character ever meets them it will be in a situation in which their characteristics can be left ambiguous. Or perhaps both were corrupted by the DS after what they discovered, or Revan fell again and is wearing his or her helmet and slayed the Exile, or some other contrivance that renders their KotOR1 and 2 selves irrelevant for the main plot of KotOR3.

As for the Sith'ari, I played around with a theory that Revan encountered the legend on one of the old Sith planets he traveled to and believed *himself* to be the Sith'ari. He would build a galactic Sith Empire, making the Sith "stronger than ever" and then crush the True Sith before giving up his mantle as Dark Lord thereby, by his thinking, destroying the Sith religion/philosophy. Though I suspected that he had been corrupted by the DS and this corruption is what drove him into thinking this was the right way to go about it.

Bringing that theory into KotOR3, I theorized that Revan, LS or DS, realized he was not the Sith'ari and left for the Unknown Regions and the territory of the True Sith to try to locate the real Sith'ari to use as a weapon to destroy the True Sith. Your main character would be the one Revan believed was the real Sith'ari. You would then be manipulated to destroy the True Sith, with the help of old alignment-irrelevant party members like Canderous/Mandalore, T3, and HK, as well as a number of new members. Ultimately of course your character, despite repeatedly being told he or she is, is not the real Sith'ari, and this is the endgame twist (similar to the Adventure game The Longest Journey). The True Sith threat might be ended, or even wiped out, but some Dark Lord will emerge (possibly IMO, Revan remaining or being recorrupted by the DS) to carry on the Sith heritage until Anakin tosses Sidious into the reactor shaft.
Robb Stark is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-22-2007, 12:32 PM   #56
Darth Tenebrous
Rookie

Location: Hidden in the shadows of any planet where evil may be found
Holy crap, that is an awesome idea.

I don't really like the concept of having the Exile murdered (why would the Force bring her all the way out to the Unknown Regions just to have her killed?), but it would probably be better if she was working with Revan against the True Sith, but from a different angle.

Another problem is the fact that the PC needs some sort of mentor or teacher, such as Bastilla or Kreia were. Would this be Revan in your idea, or Atris, or even Jolee Bindo (they are the only Force-users that I think would be qualified to teach you anything. Maybe Visas though, except that she had no depth to her character.)?

I really hope that the game's writers use some variation of your idea, Robb Stark. This has given me confidence that all the ends can actually be pulled together to form a single plot that isn't extremely complex.
Darth Tenebrous is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Game Discussion > The Unknown Regions > Kotor 3 : Legend of The Sith'ari