lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Animations cracked!
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 11-26-2005, 01:00 AM   #41
Darthdude99
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by REDJOHNNYMIKE
Sooo, in dumb guy terms this means we can move models any way we want?
If so...

hmmm, maybe I'd better go warn Bastila about all the new stuff she's going to be doing in E-Mail only mods XP
You can count me in for one of those

Even though I can't mod and have only a small idea what you guys are talking about...
That is awsome news

It's not cheating,
It's creativly winning.
Money dosen't buy happiness. Sorry, that one gets me every time.

Last edited by Darthdude99; 11-26-2005 at 09:23 PM.
Darthdude99 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-26-2005, 04:24 AM   #42
MdKnightR

This would be awesome if this news will animate the stiff Revan robes! Maybe even allow someone to make long robes for K1 (settle down, guys, I mean from scratch, not porting).

MdKnightR is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-26-2005, 08:29 AM   #43
Darth InSidious
A handful of dust.

Current Game: KotOR II
svosh: Well, you know how some people release white doves at weddings? It's like that, only the sheep go "baa" a lot more, are much heavier, can't fly and then on top of that have been altered to be completely psychotic

Can the sabre form animations be added back in now? Like the Juyo, Makashi, Ataru etc ones that are listed in combatanimations.2da?

Works-In-Progress
~
Mods Released
~
Quid existis in desertum videre?
Darth InSidious is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-26-2005, 05:08 PM   #44
beancounter
Rookie

Awesome work guys! Now I only wish I could make anything other then a square in gmax.
beancounter is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-26-2005, 06:14 PM   #45
LoneFerret
Rookie

When is the patch coming out ?
And the first tutorial ? ROFL

LoneFerret
LoneFerret is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-26-2005, 07:07 PM   #46
svösh

Veteran Modder Helpful! Contest winner - Modding 
Darth InSidious What ? you lost me man , but I’ve been unwrapping my new body mesh for a few hours now so… I’m going a lOt buggy but that still doesn’t make sense, I think you meant to say Chuck ?

Chuck , does this means we still can’t add and or remove bones ? I had to leave the 2 apron bones on my new model , when I deleted them my compiled model looked like that first Bastila skin mesh test , but by leaving them even though they have nothing to weight the model compiles fine. New body mesh is not out of the question as long as it uses the original skeleton.

svösh

pixel, poly builder
svösh's kotor mods
svösh is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-26-2005, 08:14 PM   #47
Mono_Giganto
Giant Monkey of Doom™

Current Game: Baldur's Gate EE
Veteran Modder Helpful! 
Quote:
Originally Posted by svösh
Darth InSidious What ? you lost me man
He meant Chuck.

Mono_Giganto is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-27-2005, 01:27 AM   #48
Fred Tetra
Kotor Tool Guy

Hot Topic Starter LFN Staff Member Helpful! Notable contributor 
I finally managed to get MDLOps 0.6.2 (the version used in Kotor Tool, not the 'official cchargin' version) to compile on my system again. System rebuilds are both good and evil at the same time, aren't they?

This version adds some preliminary support for lighting, which should allow room models to be imported correctly; that is, with all of their light controllers intact. I also forward-integrated JdNoa's cool discoveries into it as well, though I am sure Chuck will want to check it over before he makes it an 'official' release.

Kotor Tool Developer
http://kotortool.starwarsknights.com/

"You want to help everyone who asks for aid, answer all of their questions, write that crucial bit of code for which they're searching, and be the hero who saves the day (and their job), but there comes a point when you realize that sleep is sometimes necessary."
—Stephen Toub

Visit the Kotor Tool Forum
Fred Tetra is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-27-2005, 02:13 AM   #49
Pavlos
Scruffy Englishman

Current Game: Viking Warrior Poets
Lighting?! AGH! Yay! I sense we are near the dawn of module editing...
Pavlos is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-27-2005, 06:42 AM   #50
Ztalker
Saving the world casually

Forum Veteran 
Who's up for making some statues?

It's great to see you guys are surpassing LA themselves, using just your imagination and computer modifier

Statement: Terrorising the universe using the meatbag vibroblades might be efficient..

Ztalker is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-27-2005, 04:13 PM   #51
Fenix Darkblaze
Rookie

So, with this cracked, new possibilities include new stances and attack forms, changing Revan's robes to actually flow, and even maybe being able to make a long-haired PC (Qui-Gonn style)? And even make some long robes for KoTOR1, possibly?
Fenix Darkblaze is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-27-2005, 04:16 PM   #52
Doc Valentine
Ha-Ha Kotor Modding

Veteran Modder Helpful! 
Fred: I am praying that by what you said you mean we are extremely close to module editing. Because thats really the only way for me to make a sequel. WAY TO GO GUYS excellent work. Cherrio.

-Chuck McMackin

I don't need you no more in this world. I'll meet you in the next one, and don't be late.
Doc Valentine is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-27-2005, 07:13 PM   #53
Darth_Revan316
Rookie

YES! Finally no more stiff Revan Robes and no more body parts cutting through it. I LOVE IT! I doubt you know yet but when will you fiannly be able to fix these problems?
Darth_Revan316 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-27-2005, 07:14 PM   #54
Fred Tetra
Kotor Tool Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gsccc
Fred: I am praying that by what you said you mean we are extremely close to module editing. Because thats really the only way for me to make a sequel. WAY TO GO GUYS excellent work. Cherrio.

-Chuck McMackin
If this latest build works, we'll be one step closer to new module creation. Of course, there are still other issues, such as layout creation, .vis creation, and more. It may take some time, but progress is still being made.

Kotor Tool Developer

"You want to help everyone who asks for aid, answer all of their questions, write that crucial bit of code for which they're searching, and be the hero who saves the day (and their job), but there comes a point when you realize that sleep is sometimes necessary."
—Stephen Toub

Old 11-27-2005, 08:16 PM   #55
Doc Valentine
Ha-Ha Kotor Modding

Veteran Modder Helpful! 
That much makes me happy Fred . Keep up the marvelous(dont even tell me how to spell that) work.

-Chuck McMackin

I don't need you no more in this world. I'll meet you in the next one, and don't be late.
Old 11-27-2005, 11:45 PM   #56
Shem
Master of the Force

Current Game: Variations of games
10 year veteran! Veteran Modder Notable contributor Hot Topic Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred Tetra
If this latest build works, we'll be one step closer to new module creation. Of course, there are still other issues, such as layout creation, .vis creation, and more. It may take some time, but progress is still being made.

Fred, you are so awesome. Your tool is so amazing, and yet you keep on trying to improve on something that is so wonderful that we as a community in general are already totally satisfied with. Especially since you don't make any money from it, but are doing this selflessly, which has helped made the KOTOR games so much better and more enjoyable. I know I wouldn't have loved the game and be in at much as I have if I didn't learn to mod, or download from others with their hard work. Anyway, thanks for your hard work and selfless heart.

Interested in hosting a your KOTOR or TSL mod at FileFront? Send your mod HERE and we'll validate it as soon as we can! FileFront is a good way to get publicity for your mod as we get 1000's of visitors everyday. Is my LucasForum PM box full again? If you really need to reach me, PM me at YouTube under the username: Shem L -- Watch my KOTOR videos! Download my mods from FileFront!

Shem is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-28-2005, 01:04 AM   #57
Doc Valentine
Ha-Ha Kotor Modding

Veteran Modder Helpful! 
Quote:
Originally Posted by JediShemL
Fred, you are so awesome. Your tool is so amazing, and yet you keep on trying to improve on something that is so wonderful that we as a community in general are already totally satisfied with. Especially since you don't make any money from it, but are doing this selflessly, which has helped made the KOTOR games so much better and more enjoyable. I know I wouldn't have loved the game and be in at much as I have if I didn't learn to mod, or download from others with their hard work. Anyway, thanks for your hard work and selfless heart.
Ditto to that my friend, yup.

-Chuck McMackin

Old 11-28-2005, 01:21 AM   #58
JediKnight707
Or I will choke you...

Great....****ing....job!!!! *bows down*

JediKnight707 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-28-2005, 11:37 AM   #59
Prime
Am I a truck or robot?

Current Game: Skyrim, Macross PS2
10 year veteran! LF Jester Veteran Modder Helpful! 
* Prime's head explodes *

Wow, great news guys!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cchargin
However, completely new droids will most likely be a possibility, as well as droid melee animations!
Then maybe my IG-100 MagnaGuards may still be possible...

Prime is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-28-2005, 12:35 PM   #60
Shem
Master of the Force

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prime
Wow, great news guys!

Quote:
However, completely new droids will most likely be a possibility, as well as droid melee animations!
That is awesome. Are those lightsaber wielding droids?

Interested in hosting a your KOTOR or TSL mod at FileFront? Send your mod HERE and we'll validate it as soon as we can! FileFront is a good way to get publicity for your mod as we get 1000's of visitors everyday. Is my LucasForum PM box full again? If you really need to reach me, PM me at YouTube under the username: Shem L -- Watch my KOTOR videos! Download my mods from FileFront!

Old 11-28-2005, 01:24 PM   #61
Darth InSidious
A handful of dust.

Quote:

Wow, great news guys!

Brings a whole new meaning to this place's name

Works-In-Progress
~
Mods Released
~
Old 11-28-2005, 01:29 PM   #62
90SK
Universal Figment

Current Game: Tetris
Quote:

Wow, great news guys!

Heh, the timing is perfect.

Once again, fantastic work guys. Like I said, this will open up a whole new world of possibilities for mods of the future. I'm really looking forward seeing how it all goes.

90SK is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-28-2005, 01:30 PM   #63
Fred Tetra
Kotor Tool Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediShemL
I'm glad you like Kotor Tool, but just in case you don't realize it, I'm talking about MDLOps. I've been working on a version with a few features not found in the release that comes bundled with Kotor Tool. Cchargin and I have done a little research together and he's added some support for that which we've discovered so far. However, the poor guy is pretty busy IRL, so I have decided to sharpen my Perl skills and see what I can do until he can "play" with MDLOps some more. As such, progress is slow, since I'm not the Perl wizards that Cchargin and TK102 are. I'm not trying to steal anyone's thunder here; I'm just really motivated to research stuff. It's what I do.

I did do some tests last night, and I can now export AuroraLights correctly, but not all of the controllers weren't being binary-ified on import. I fixed that, but there is still something wrong with the model that prevents lighting from working right. More research tonight...

As for making money on Kotor Tool, largely you're right. However, a few folks do send a donation from time to time, and this really helps out things on my end, and is *always* appreciated. The foreign language comics and postcards are cool, too!

Kotor Tool Developer

—Stephen Toub

Old 11-28-2005, 01:38 PM   #64
wolfshadow
Rookie

OMFG~!

I can't wait to see what you guys come up with if rigging even limited animations becomes possible. You guys are freakin' awsome.
wolfshadow is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-28-2005, 01:43 PM   #65
Pavlos
Scruffy Englishman

Current Game: Viking Warrior Poets
*Proceeds to send Fred a load of foreign comics - realises he has none * Anyway do we know how the engine limits the creation of animations? I'm really interested in this, I can't wait to see the first mods that come of it. Can we make new dialogue animations to replace some of the plasticy ones? What about sabre style animations - and how far can we go with that?
Pavlos is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-28-2005, 03:31 PM   #66
The_Maker
Veteran

Maybe, The Sith Jawa that never was has a chance of redemption hmmmm Redhawke?

Anyhow, I wil await for a mod to put this to good use

The_Maker is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-28-2005, 03:43 PM   #67
Bob Lion54
Jr. Malkavian Detective

Forum Veteran Helpful! 
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Maker
Maybe, The Sith Jawa that never was has a chance of redemption hmmmm Redhawke?
YES! Darth Weeble may soon be possible!

hehe. Thats awsome.

Bob Lion54 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-28-2005, 09:50 PM   #68
RedHawke
Shadow Lord Of The Sith™

Current Game: DDO, Stormreach
^^^^
Hmmm... Is that some sort of hint guys?

A Sith Jawa wielding a red saber and force powers would be cool!

"Beware the form-fitting black armor-clad Drow hottie with twin Mineral II Greensteel Khopeshes!"
"Liella d'Orien says, '"You're the fool, Devil. -- Witness the power of this fully ARMED and OPERATIONAL Titan!"'"
----------------------------------------------------------------------
RedHawke is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-29-2005, 02:45 AM   #69
cchargin
chown -R cchargin /plans/deathstar/*

Forum Veteran Notable contributor 
Hello all,

Quote:
sheep go "baa" a lot more, are much heavier, can't fly
Harold can fly! Come back Harold!

Quote:
does this means we still can’t add and or remove bones
Most likely. We can't mess with bones because I don't know how to calculate some of the bone weights in the .mdl (I know I said .mdx before, but I checked my notes and the info is in the binary .mdl). Actually, in the binary .mdl there is a wierd bone weight array and an array of quaternions that all have to do with skin mesh. I have no idea how they work.

Quote:
<many posts about robes and hair>
Working animations will definately help a bit with hair. One of the main problems with editing heads was that they contain animations that got lost when sent through MDLOps. I got Juhanis head into gmax and all the animations were intact. Not once did her head flip around leaving her teeth and eyes behind (Does that creep you guys out also?).

Ahhh, robes. I know that this has long been a topic here. I don't know if animations will allow us to fix robes. The obvious solution of using skin mesh with animations will not be an option yet due to skin mesh issues (see above). Perhaps tri-mesh with alot of animation might work, but I don't know how or if you could integrate it into the game. The other thing I just thought of is that if you use animations to make a flowing robe, then it will always be flowing, even inside when there is no wind. Hmm. Perhaps scriptable, flowing on and off?

Quote:
<question not asked>
Hmm. I am surprised. No one asked about lightsabers. The 2 problems with lightsabers were animations and a unique mesh type that nwmax does not support. Well, 1 down, and I think I can work around the 1 left. If my idea works then we will finally be able to make multiple mesh sabers, change the blade length, move the blade around, but not change the number of polygons in the blade planes. Oh, I almost forgot that lightsabers also have an animation that nwmax does not support, but again, I think I can work around that.

Well, I am still hacking away. Literally! I have a cold, so I am hacking while hacking.

Sith Jawa?

Lemon curry?
cchargin is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-29-2005, 04:54 AM   #70
T7nowhere
Did you reset?

Veteran Modder Forum Veteran Helpful! Notable contributor 
Quote:

Hmm. I am surprised. No one asked about lightsabers. The 2 problems with lightsabers were animations and a unique mesh type that nwmax does not support. Well, 1 down, and I think I can work around the 1 left. If my idea works then we will finally be able to make multiple mesh sabers, change the blade length, move the blade around, but not change the number of polygons in the blade planes. Oh, I almost forgot that lightsabers also have an animation that nwmax does not support, but again, I think I can work around that.
I had assumed the blades mesh would still be a problem but if you think you can make a work around then I look forward to making a multimesh hilt.

Thanks for all your continued hard work.
T7nowhere is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-29-2005, 02:54 PM   #71
Mono_Giganto
Giant Monkey of Doom™

Current Game: Baldur's Gate EE
Veteran Modder Helpful! 
Quote:
I did have a similar question, though more about weapons in general. Right now, only lightsabers and quarterstaves have activate/deactivate animations. Now, you've stated why lightsabers still can't be edited. (The Blades, at least.) But what about other weapons? Would we be able to implement activation/deactivation animations to another weapon with ordinary meshes? Or is that the animation that NWMax doesn't support?

...Lemon curry?

Mono_Giganto is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-29-2005, 06:27 PM   #72
Shem
Master of the Force

Quote:
Originally Posted by T7nowhere
I had assumed the blades mesh would still be a problem but if you think you can make a work around then I look forward to making a multimesh hilt.
And I will look forward to downloading it and testing it out.

Last edited by JediShemL; 11-30-2005 at 12:31 AM.
Old 11-30-2005, 10:03 AM   #73
Det. Bart Lasiter
obama.png

Current Game: all
Forum Veteran LF Jester 
Quote:
Ahhh, robes. I know that this has long been a topic here. I don't know if animations will allow us to fix robes. The obvious solution of using skin mesh with animations will not be an option yet due to skin mesh issues (see above). Perhaps tri-mesh with alot of animation might work, but I don't know how or if you could integrate it into the game. The other thing I just thought of is that if you use animations to make a flowing robe, then it will always be flowing, even inside when there is no wind. Hmm. Perhaps scriptable, flowing on and off?
What about adding it to the walk animation?

"No, Mama. You can bet your sweet ass and half a titty whoever put that hit on you already got the cops in their back pocket." ~Black Dynamite
Det. Bart Lasiter is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-30-2005, 10:45 AM   #74
Boba Rhett
I Slay Dragons

Current Game: Scrolling Eldery
LFN Staff Member 10 year veteran! LF Jester Helpful! 
Holy cow. I salute you, good sirs!

Need Help? massage message me
Boba Rhett is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-30-2005, 01:57 PM   #75
Darth InSidious
A handful of dust.

@Mono: Monty Python, Series one

Works-In-Progress
~
Mods Released
~
Old 11-30-2005, 02:06 PM   #76
MrVorlon
Rookie

Whoa. That's all I can think to say. Wish I was a modder.
MrVorlon is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-01-2005, 06:05 PM   #77
Bunk
Rookie

I'll add to the kudos here from a great job. Always nice to see something like this when I come skulking back here.

I can actually envision a day of having a female character doing a dance in game that doesn't look like a trucker honking his airhorn.
Bunk is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-02-2005, 01:51 AM   #78
darth makaan
Rookie

so this means we can use malaks' animations?

Who made you Judge Judy and executioner?
darth makaan is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-07-2005, 05:14 PM   #79
brwarner
Rookie

So when will this new program become available??

As T3-M4 once said:
"BeeBeep BlopBeeBeeBop....Weeeeooo"
Dont you agree?:
brwarner is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-07-2005, 05:24 PM   #80
Deathic
Rookie

ya, i have been wondering ever since this thread was made. Actually since i got the revan robes...
Deathic is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Editing / Modding > Holowan Laboratories > Animations cracked!