lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Returning Characters
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 12-29-2005, 08:01 PM   #81
RobQel-Droma
Blah

Contest winner - Fan Fiction 
Quote:
Originally Posted by SOCR
i knew this, i didnt want to have to break up my post with spoiler tags tho, Kreia and mandalore tell you this through MANDANTORY conversation between them. You get big hints to it just before their base is attacked
Well, the way you said it didn't at all suggest that you did. Even if it is mandatory, though, it still is there- I don't really get your point.
RobQel-Droma is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-29-2005, 08:30 PM   #82
Arátoeldar
Flame Imperishable

My list:

HK-47 (NPC)
T3-M4 (NPC)

Revan (Near the end interactive cameo)
Exile (Near the end interactive cameo)
Bastila (Interactive cameo)
Carth (Interactive cameo)
Brianna (Handmaiden (Interactive cameo))
Atton (Interactive cameo)
Mira (Interactive cameo)
Visas Marr (Interactive cameo)

Mission (Would be nice)
Jolee (Would be nice)

Juhani (Leave out)
Bao-Dur (Leave out)
Canderous/Mandalore (Leave out)
Kreia (Leave out)
Goto (Leave out)
Wookies (Leave out)
Mical (Disciple (Leave out))
Arátoeldar is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-29-2005, 08:49 PM   #83
Klia
The Pitfall

Hot Topic Starter 
Believe it or not. I miss my Revan.

But for a playable character I think they should bring back Mission. I mean my god, she was only 14 in the first one, after K2 she's around 19. So......by Kotor 3 she wouldn't be too old.

Correct me if I'm wrong. I can barely remember facts from both games.
Klia is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-29-2005, 08:55 PM   #84
Venom750
Veteran

I say Revan, HK, T3, Jolee, Bastila, carth and somehow Kreia

I not paranoid it's everyone else

Venom750 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-29-2005, 09:25 PM   #85
RobQel-Droma
Blah

I wish Mission wouldn't have been killable, otherwise I would agree with you all and have her as a nice, interactive part in K3. The devs would have to decide to have you choose Revan's alignment again or something, and it wouldn't be a very big part because she might not even be there.

But just to go onto another part of this- what exactly do you all think that we will be seeing these returning characters (hopefully) doing? What part do you think they'll play?
Old 12-29-2005, 09:30 PM   #86
Vladimir-Vlada
Counselor Idealist

They will be the main characters and party members, along with some new party members. The way you adress them, behave towards them and how you or them deciede affect the story entierly.
Vladimir-Vlada is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-29-2005, 10:11 PM   #87
Venom750
Veteran

But there were all level up in pervious games so would there go back to as low level or what?

I not paranoid it's everyone else

Venom750 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-30-2005, 12:12 AM   #88
JediKnight707
Or I will choke you...

My list:
Bastila
Carth
Atton
Mandalore
HK
T3
maybe Jolee

JediKnight707 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-30-2005, 12:49 AM   #89
Clone L68362
Forumite

Too hard to say really, I like a lot of them, but I know they can't all return. The most important, Bastila and Carth, should make an appearance, and HK, T3 and Canderous too as party members or just an appearance. I don't care who comes back from TSL, I'll put my faith in the devs.

My sig is stupid.
Clone L68362 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-30-2005, 01:19 AM   #90
DarkRevan
Rookie

I would like like to see all of the old cast.
But for playable yeah maybe a few old cast but also a new team altogether.

I would really like it if you do actually meet the old cast. They better not cut them out. Characters like. Revan, Bastilla, Carth, Exile and whatnot.
Carth and Atton dialogue would be great!
I also liked T3 and HK. Dont you love T3? it reminds me of R2, he's got that atittude if you know what a mean. "Hey did your driod just spit at me?"
I live that bit.
Did you ever meet Dustil in Kotor 2? I dont think so. But I think it would be cool to have him as a playble charater in Kotor 3. (You know, you can have a choice, if you choose an option saying that Revan saved him in the first one, or you can say Revan killed him and get another character insted) Too complicated? Well thats my opinion, Oh well.

But yeah thats what I think.

"Revan was power. Staring into the eyes was like staring into the heart of the Force."
DarkRevan is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-30-2005, 04:27 PM   #91
RobQel-Droma
Blah

^If they include Dustil, I think the most they will do is just base it on his alignment. If you were a LS Revan, you would probably try and save Dustil, so it shouldn't be too much. After all, Bastila was in TSL is you chose LS Revan, no matter what. Here is what I think the characters are going to be doing:

Bastila: Jedi Master on the Council, maybe temporary Master. (If alive)
Carth: Still Republic Admiral commanding the fleet. (If alive)
Dustil: Jedi Knight, maybe with his father. (If alive)
Atton: Maybe a rogue Jedi, perhaps training you a bit in the Force in the beginning.
Brianna: Jedi Master in the new Telos Jedi Academy.
Canderous: Party Member
HK-47: Party Member
T3-M3: Party Member
Jolee: Force Ghost guiding you for a little bit.
Revan/The Exile: In the endgame part of K3, perhaps fighting them or with them.
Old 12-30-2005, 07:17 PM   #92
BattleDog
Terrible in War

Roleplayer 
I think you should decide at the starty of the game whether Reven was LS or DS and the game then assumes that he want totally one way or the other.

So, Reven LS List:

Atton (NPC)
Carth (Multiple Cameos, maybe like a guy who gives you your orders)
Bastila (NPC)
Jolie (NPC, no way the Sith got him)
HK (NPC)
T3 (NPC)
Mandalore (Cameo, but important)
4 New characters

Reven DS List:
Bastila (NPC, DS)
HK (NPC)
T3 (NPC)
Hanharr (NPC)

As to the "Force Ghost" Kreia idea that can't happen, you have to be LS and die in a self sacrificial way.

Fly Fast,
Shoot Straight,
Live Long!
BattleDog is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-01-2006, 08:31 PM   #93
rhinomatt
Rookie

My list:

HK
T3
Revan
Exile (Only see him a bit)
Bastila
Carth
Atton
Mira
Visas Marr
Mission
Jolee
Juhani
Bao-Dur
Mandalore
and four more new people.
and i think that T3, Mandalore (and some of his men) and Bao-Dur should be bulding extra rooms and parts on the ebon hawk for all the extra people!

"the dark side leads to death and destruction but the lightside leads no where!"
rhinomatt is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-01-2006, 09:09 PM   #94
UncleO
Rookie

If at the end of TSL LS Exile goes to search for Revan, you could maybe start off as Bastila to go chase and finally find them You could maybe have remnants of the K1 and K2 party.
UncleO is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-02-2006, 12:25 AM   #95
RobQel-Droma
Blah

^But not too many of the K1 and TSL party- you have to leave room for new party members too. I don't want to feel like I am playing K1 or TSL all over again with just a different Sith Lord.
Old 01-02-2006, 01:02 PM   #96
BattleDog
Terrible in War

Roleplayer 
Thats a bit harsh, if the old NPCs did return I think we'd all be expecting some character development.

Fly Fast,
Shoot Straight,
Live Long!
Old 01-02-2006, 01:10 PM   #97
JediMaster12
Dum Spiramus Tuebimur

Current Game: Assassin's Creed
LFN Staff Member Veteran Fan Fic Author Contest winner - Fan Fiction Forum Veteran 
I'd have to agree with BattleDog because as time goes on, you would expect characters to develop or change. I'm all for having TSL and KOTOR characters in the new game

JediMaster12 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-03-2006, 01:20 AM   #98
RobQel-Droma
Blah

^But to what extent? Is Mission going to have to sort things out with her parents or something, that all of a sudden show up? Are you going to have to save Juhani from the dark side again? What about Bao-Dur, what really can you do more with him? Or someone like The Disciple, for that matter?

I don't think the devs are going to spend time putting in things for every single party member from the other games, and give them some backstory that was never there in K1 or TSL- In my opinion, they could use that time creating some new characters for use to discover and experiment with, and actually have an interesting backstory that is something new.

I don't mind seeing cameos; but having them all show up and do all of their sidequests over again and have to get to the back of their "new" stories all over again, when you could be meeting new and different characters?

K1 was Bastila/Carth/Juhani/Mission/etc.'s story. TSL was G0-T0/Mira/Hanharr/Visas/Brianna's story. I'm not against cameos, but for KotOR III to feel like a new journey/story, you need to have well-fleshed out new characters. KotOR III isn't going to be named "KotOR III: The Previous Games Revisited", is it? They can spend their time on other things, like not having characters that have three different lines of dialogue.
Old 01-03-2006, 01:52 AM   #99
Clone L68362
Forumite

You don't need a lot of new characters. Look at book series...es....they always have the same characters as the main ones. The KOTOR games have enough characters now that they ARE the story, and adding another large set of new characters is kind of unnecessary. Maybe 3 or 4, but now that we have several good characters, they should focus on those, instead of leaving them behind.

My sig is stupid.
Clone L68362 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-03-2006, 01:57 AM   #100
RobQel-Droma
Blah

^I'm not saying leave them behind, but if we don't need a lot of new characters, why in TSL were you not Revan, and why didn't you have mostly the same old gang from K1? They need to be important in some way, at least a few of them, but KotOR isn't a book series. For the game, there needs to be new and interesting characters, otherwise, it will just get boring.
Old 01-03-2006, 07:43 AM   #101
marvidchano

Location: Meditating In The Ancient Temple Of Exar Kun. Sutton in Ashfield. England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vladimir-Vlada
Of course there will be room. I was thinking of at least 8 more party members. Also I was thinking of upgrading the Ebon Hawk.

But the most important is: That every party member, you and every NPC affects the story. Even one single decission can change the story completely. So the more party members, NPC's, side quests and decissions=Longer, better story with multiple endings
upgradin the ebon hawk.... yea i thought about that 1 too i got bored of the same ship, i reckon they should change it or make a new 1.
Heres my list:
Exile,
Revan,
Bastilla,
HK-47,
T3-M4. nobody else everyone else bugged me.......

Eusaet Rifae | Bria Server

http://kevan.org/brain.cgi?MarvidChano dO nOt Lo0k @ tHiS SiTe
---------------------------------------------------
Xbox live Gamertag: Dragon2Sword[/size]
marvidchano is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-08-2006, 11:37 AM   #102
Diego Varen
Left and may not return

Thumbs up

I agree. Anyway Kreia didn't like using the Force, but as for Vrook, Kavar and Zez-Kai Ell I would. I would also like to see Master Vash as she hasn't really been in much of TSL and would be interesting to talk to in KOTORIII.

For other Party Members (Unless they died if DS), I would like to see Carth, Bastila, Mission, Zaalbar, Mandalore, T3-M4, HK-47 and basically everyone from both games. However, I would like to see most of your Party be new characters, such as a Smuggler.

G0-T0 shouldn't be in it as he was destroyed on Malachor and Bao-Dur's Remote shouldn't either, (Unless DS).

I would also like to see characters from any of the two games who made cameos to be in your Party as long as they didn't die. These are Dustil Onasi (Trying to become a Jedi), Yuthara Ban (Light Side) Uthar Wynn (Dark Side, Freyer (Light Side), Chunddar (Dark Side).

One thing I'm confused about whether Mira and Hanharr survive on Malachor. If anyone knows, please say.

Last edited by Pottsie; 01-09-2006 at 03:09 PM.
Diego Varen is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-09-2006, 06:33 PM   #103
JediMaster12
Dum Spiramus Tuebimur

LFN Staff Member Veteran Fan Fic Author Contest winner - Fan Fiction Forum Veteran 
Mira survives, if LS because Kreia's vision says that see dies later helping people and will have not regrets. As for returning characters, my crew is Carth, Bastilla and Force Ghost Jolee and Force Ghost Kavar

Old 01-09-2006, 07:59 PM   #104
BattleDog
Terrible in War

Roleplayer 
I think that Carth should be in it, and Bastila and I think they should have a big part. I can imagine you getting your orders from Carth at the start of the game and having to check in with him and the Council, that could make for great tension. I still think Jolee is still alive, he's a survivor.

Fly Fast,
Shoot Straight,
Live Long!
Old 01-09-2006, 11:12 PM   #105
RobQel-Droma
Blah

^Nah, I figured that even if Jolee didn't kill him, he would probably decide that he had done his part in destroying the Star Forge. I don't quite know how to put it, but the impression I got was that he was "coming out of retirement" (so to speak) for one last time when he joined Revan.
Old 01-10-2006, 02:35 AM   #106
JediMaster12
Dum Spiramus Tuebimur

So you say that Jolee had one last adventure with Revan and then decided to snuff it or go back to being the crotchety hermit in the woods?

Old 01-10-2006, 02:43 AM   #107
Diego Varen
Left and may not return

But does Hanharr survive? Because Mira could have spared him or killed him. It also didn't matter if when fighting Hanharr if he killed you, because you would just take control of the Remote. One more question. How does Hanharr even get to Malachor in the first place?

Last edited by Pottsie; 01-10-2006 at 11:33 AM.
Old 01-10-2006, 11:48 AM   #108
lukeiamyourdad
Using Teletraan I

LFN Staff Member 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pottsie
One more question. How does Hanharr even get to Malachor in the first place?
The same way Kreia got there

http://www.marioramos.ca/ -A friend of mine and an aspiring filmmaker.
lukeiamyourdad is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-10-2006, 12:44 PM   #109
Darth InSidious
A handful of dust.

Current Game: KotOR II
Kill off Carth. He's annoying, paranoid, whingy and his voice is beginning to grate after two games...

Other than that, Canderous, HK, T3, (Does Mission survive? If so, Mission/Zaalbar), Atton. Others either die, or are annoying, or I'm not really too fussed.

Oh, and T3H 3XIL @S T3H NPC, LOLOL!!!11!!!1

Works-In-Progress
~
Mods Released
~
Quid existis in desertum videre?
Darth InSidious is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-10-2006, 12:59 PM   #110
JediMaster12
Dum Spiramus Tuebimur

Quote:
But does Hanharr survive? Because Mira could have spared him or killed him. It also didn't matter if when fighting Hanharr if he killed you, because you would just take control of the Remote. One more question. How does Hanharr even get to Malachor in the first place?
Remember in Visquis' arena with the kath hounds. Kreia comes to heal his wounds and sends him there. She tells him that he would need the pain for journey and if he survives, his debt would be ended.

In my games I always have Mira kill him. Personally I would like to see her again.

Old 01-10-2006, 01:22 PM   #111
Diego Varen
Left and may not return

I know that Hanharr is sent by Kreia, but how does he actually get there? I mean what ship did he get. Snuck on the Ebon Hawk and got off or whatever.

Question to lukeiamyourdad, how does Kreia get to Malachor exactly?
Old 01-10-2006, 01:36 PM   #112
lukeiamyourdad
Using Teletraan I

LFN Staff Member 
Quote:
Question to lukeiamyourdad, how does Kreia get to Malachor exactly?
Well, Sion and his Sith can go there, it's safe to say they used some kind of ship

http://www.marioramos.ca/ -A friend of mine and an aspiring filmmaker.
lukeiamyourdad is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-10-2006, 06:32 PM   #113
Darth InSidious
A handful of dust.

Either that, or some uber-mystic plot device

Works-In-Progress
~
Mods Released
~
Old 01-10-2006, 06:35 PM   #114
90SK
Universal Figment

Current Game: Tetris
Remember everyone: the Ebon Hawk isn't the only starship in the galaxy.

Sion had the Harbinger to get to Malachor, and Kreia probably snagged one off of citadel after she visited Atris. Either that, or she got one directly from Atris. Maybe she gave Hanharr a lift, who knows.

90SK is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-10-2006, 06:40 PM   #115
Darth InSidious
A handful of dust.

And she got off Dantooine...How? With an old speeder, some sticky-backed plastic and a hyperdrive engine?

Works-In-Progress
~
Mods Released
~
Old 01-10-2006, 06:43 PM   #116
90SK
Universal Figment

Current Game: Tetris
Geez, what did you do, close your eyes while playing the game? She obviously flew off on one of those large manta-ray things.

Seriously, though. I assume she had a ship in order by the time she decided to leave. Maybe she took one of the Master's ships. After all, Kavar and Zez had to get there somehow.

90SK is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-10-2006, 06:51 PM   #117
Darth InSidious
A handful of dust.

Maybe they all rode an echo on Forceboards?

Works-In-Progress
~
Mods Released
~
Old 01-11-2006, 11:20 AM   #118
Meatbag
Rookie

Possible spoilers ahead...

If HK-47 and T3-M4 don't make a appearance, you think the game will sell? lol
Yes, T3 knows everything. I'm not sure if I am buggy or something in TSL, but I saw two weird droid cutscenes:
1. HK finding out that the navicomputer is voice-locked to T3 (remember on Peragus, HKs can mimick voices) and T3 shocks him and removes the data from him; "Dwoooooo.". HK says something like: "IF someone was to lock a navicomputer, it is to hide where someone has been."... did you also see this? T3 shocks him with a pink shock arm effect and HK assumes a rather funny 'in pain' pose. I never saw mention of this by anybody, maybe I'm just Visas with some ysalamiri around her head.
2. The Remote flies into the Hawk's engine room, and our friendly interrogator destroys it, but I figured it wasn't right. It happened when I boarded the Hawk. I went straight to "the Iridonian" and the Remote was there... the cutscene did seem incomplete, though...

The droids should make a comeback... Kreia does say that Brianna rebuilds the Jedi Order... so she could be just a cameo, sorta like Carth in TSL. And Mira, we can suppose that the prophecy is in the future. I just like the way she talks, lol
Kreia as one with the Force? I don't think so. Doesn't the Darth Traya name kinda tell you she's Sith? Does Palps come back as a Force ghost? No, I'd say most Sith just... cease to exist. If Sion cuts Kreia's hand off so easily, shouldn't it be easy for her to slice his head in half? When she waves that nonexistent hand while talking, it's really weird.
Maybe others... I just loved Zez, he was a really nice real jedi guy, and, uh, I liked his hairdo with the moustache. Obi-Wan wasn't the only one now, lol
Meatbag is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-11-2006, 12:26 PM   #119
Darth n00b
Rookie

As stadet, if you wan't KotOR you get Mandalor, T3-M4 and HK-47.
All of them are cool NPC, though I would like more HK-47 talking to T3-M4, a more R2 and 3PO relationship.

When that stated I must say I am up for new NPC and not to many old ones IN YOUR TEAM.
There are some that can be aloved, like Jolee and Bao-Dur, but I don't wan't to many.

I would absolutly like Jolee on some way or another teach you something.
A force trick, lightsaber stance or just telling you a story.
He is alive mind you, Revan couldn't slay him. No sire!

And I would like see Ebon Hawk be fixed by Bao-Dur on some planet.
Where you are having a conversation with him and he is hinting over and over that he has been on the ship before, but denies it when you ask him...

Is there one I would realy like to see, would it be Mission.
She is probubly all grown up by that time.
Hopefully companioned by Zaalbar.

Handmaiden, Vissa Mar, Atton, Bastilla and Carth should be in the game, some way or another.
Darth n00b is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-11-2006, 12:37 PM   #120
JediMaster12
Dum Spiramus Tuebimur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth n00b
And I would like see Ebon Hawk be fixed by Bao-Dur on some planet.
Where you are having a conversation with him and he is hinting over and over that he has been on the ship before, but denies it when you ask him...
And how do you do that?

Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Game Discussion > The Unknown Regions > Returning Characters