lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Will X-wing vs. Tie Fighter work on windows XP
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 12-09-2005, 11:27 AM   #1
Greatstar
Rookie

Will X-wing vs. Tie Fighter work on windows XP

Will X-wing vs. Tie Fighter run on windows XP. I had also had directx 9.0b. Will able to launch game and start any mission?
Greatstar is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-10-2005, 11:13 AM   #2
Wildstar
Can outbowl most of you

10 year veteran! Forum Veteran LFN Staff Member 
Yes, it'll run, but keep in mind that you may get an error dialog that references the file autoexec.nt when you attempt to install it. If that happens, the file can be found in your Windows\Repair folder...just copy it over to your Windows\system32 folder and it should then install.

Wildstar is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-24-2006, 04:54 AM   #3
sentinel 5
Lurker

Hmmm just pulled out my XvT (BoP) today and I'm trying to install it on XP for my son to enjoy. The autoexec.nt is where it should be, I also installed the xw95 patch (not sure if that was intended for this but wth), but still no go. Autorun starts, I can click install, but then it appears to hang for a few seconds and just quits. I've also tried drilling down to the setup.exe in the install folder, even that doesn't seem to work. I never get a single error message, it just won't go. The disk looks perfect, no scratches. Any help or suggestions?
sentinel 5 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Star Wars Classic Gaming > 2. Star Wars Gaming > X-Wing Trilogy & X-Wing Vs. TIE Fighter > Will X-wing vs. Tie Fighter work on windows XP