Tactic created by Force-Flow. And refined by Gremlin
How to destroy a Large Capital ship with one TIE/Fighter
Bugging a ship like a gnat.
a.k.a: The Force-Run
This tactic utilizes the Trench-Run-Defense (TRD) so effectivly used in the Battles of Yavin and Endor. When using this tactic you never need to dodge or jink. The best thing to do so you will not get hit is to never give a turret a Zero-defection shot. Never attack a capital ship from the top or side, it is suicide
. the Capital ships in XWA are made to have Hellish broad sides. Anything closer then .5km is crusing for a bruising.
Basic Run-thru for the Force-Run:
1. At about 5 km, the Ship will start attacking you with inaccurate Flak from its Turbo-lasers. As long as you do not give the ship a zero deflection shot, and keep your speeds above 85 MGLTs you will not have a problem.
2. Aim your craft about 1/2 or 1 Ship length in front of the Ship. And also Aim either Above or below so that you will start with an AoA (angle of attack) of about 30-50 degrees.
3. As you come to the front of the craft, turn to face it, and line up to a stucture near the rear of the ship (Shield Generators, Bridge, Blister, or weapon Hardpoint.
4. The longer you strafing run. The better your attack was. A good run in a TIE/fighter should be able to take out 33% of one of the Shield generators. But don't get too greedy.
this is what your flight path should look like:
5. As you close to about .3km of the structure, move the joystick to the left/right and down. Continue this motion until you craft rotates 90 degrees. Then Continue to Pitch up and try to line up your nose with the nose of the spacecraft. this will be your referance point for the Extend.
6. Straighten up, and fly along the same flight path as you begun the attack. make sure you rotate your fighter so your aligment is the same as the spacecraft.
7. once you have extended about 1.1 km reapeat the same motion as you left the attack. remember the longer the strafe, the better your attack.
8. Repeat as neccsary, until the ship goes boom, then get the heck out of the blast.
Note: Be aware when the craft turns. It will ususally do 2 45 degree turns to the side when ever it reaches it "way-Point". If you see this happening try to shorten your attacks so that you stay in the "safe-area directly above he craft.
Have fun...my record is 1 VSDII in 8 minutes in a TIE/F
If you want a film of me doing this.. feel free to give me an E_mail warlordkinnison AT hotmail DOT com
[This message has been edited by K_Kinnison (edited July 11, 2001).]