lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: TIE Figher & Win98SE: Stack Overflow
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 12-18-2005, 02:37 AM   #1
wwloon
Lurker

Question TIE Figher & Win98SE: Stack Overflow

Hi,

This has been posted before but sadly, no solution was offered.

I am running TIE Fighter (from Collector's Edition) on Windows 98SE, Pentium II-400MHz with 512Mb RAM. Ironically, while I can run X-Wing on this system, TIE Fighter fails with the message STACK OVERFLOW.

I added this line to my CONFIG.SYS file => stacks=9,256 <= but it did not solve the problem. I would really appreciate any suggestions to correct this problem!

Thanks in advance.
wwloon is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-18-2005, 11:36 AM   #2
Wildstar
Can outbowl most of you

10 year veteran! Forum Veteran LFN Staff Member 
I'd hunt for a copy of the "X-Wing Collector Series" or "X-Wing Trilogy" on Ebay or Amazon.com. Either package will have the Windows version of both games (the former will also have "X-Wing vs. TIE Fighter: Flight School" while the latter will also have "X-Wing Alliance").

Wildstar is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-14-2006, 11:26 PM   #3
kmjahnke
Lurker

surefire fix to stack overflow problem (98SE)

I found that changing the stack= amount only works in the short term. What always works is to download a free super nintendo emulator that uses msdos. I use Snes9XW. all you have to do is open the program, calibrate your joystick, close it and tie fighter will work everytime. you don't even need to run a game with the emulator.
kmjahnke is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Star Wars Classic Gaming > 2. Star Wars Gaming > X-Wing Trilogy & X-Wing Vs. TIE Fighter > TIE Figher & Win98SE: Stack Overflow