lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Moving topics
Post a new thread. Sorry, this thread is closed. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 12-20-2005, 10:57 PM   #1
Emperor Devon
36 Wings, 365 Eyes

Current Game: Ass Effect
Contest winner - Fan Fiction 
Moving topics

While there is a link to report bad posts, there isn't one to state that a thread should be moved. Quite a few topics aren't in the right forums now, and there's no way to notify that they should be moved. I think that adding a 'move this thread' link would be useful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabretooth
We will be great failures one day, you and I
Emperor Devon is offline   you may:
Old 12-20-2005, 11:11 PM   #2
The Doctor
Retired

Current Game: Skyrim
Forum Veteran 
I alway's thought that adding features required upgrading. Am I wrong (I could very well be)?
The Doctor is offline   you may:
Old 12-20-2005, 11:23 PM   #3
El Sitherino
The Original.

Hot Topic Starter LFN Staff Member Forum Veteran LF Jester 
When reporting a post, just fill in that it's in the wrong thread.

“This body is not me. I am not caught in this body.
I am life without limit.”
El Sitherino is offline   you may:
Old 12-25-2005, 02:59 PM   #4
Com Raven
Silent Assassin

LFN Staff Member Hot Topic Starter 
Yeah, just report it as a bad post, and say that it should be moved, and why. We will do the rest

Back from the dead, back from The End
I'm here to take Revenge!
Soon the deathly dusk will fall
and the Night I've waited for
Com Raven is offline   you may:
Old 12-26-2005, 04:12 PM   #5
ChAiNz.2da
Leave Everything to Me!

Feel free to PM a moderator as well.. but out of curiosity, where are these "quite a few topics"?

I can't seem to find this cache of incorrect area posts? Not slamming ya' man, I'd just like to know so we can fix the problem

"Eagles May Soar, But Weasels Don't Get Sucked Into Jet Engines"

| Mods (FF) (DS) | Folding | SWK.com | FB: (LF) (Me) | Steam | The Herd |
ChAiNz.2da is offline   you may:
Old 12-26-2005, 08:52 PM   #6
Emperor Devon
36 Wings, 365 Eyes

Usually a thread or two about mod problems pops up in the workbench, or there were how four threads about making a KotOR movie were posted in the Republic Newsfeed instead of Ahto. There was also the thread about changing a mod that was in the Newsfeed, and the thread about playing KotOR in window mode that was in the Padawan's lounge instead of Holowan.

Quote:
Old 12-27-2005, 12:06 AM   #7
The Doctor
Retired

Current Game: Skyrim
Forum Veteran 
^And all (or at least most) of those threads were moved to their proper locations within a few hours, I believe.
The Doctor is offline   you may:
Old 12-27-2005, 12:45 AM   #8
RedHawke
Shadow Lord Of The Sith™

Current Game: DDO, Stormreach
ED, a point... if I may!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emperor Devon
and the thread about playing KotOR in window mode that was in the Padawan's lounge instead of Holowan.
That very much so belongs in the Padawans Lounge, as windowed mode KotOR has nothing to do with modding, nor is it a technical problem for the Workbench.

The Padawans Lounge has threads on the games cheats, why not other tips like playing in Windowed Mode?

Fits in the Padawans Lounge's sphere of influence to me!

"Beware the form-fitting black armor-clad Drow hottie with twin Mineral II Greensteel Khopeshes!"
"Liella d'Orien says, '"You're the fool, Devil. -- Witness the power of this fully ARMED and OPERATIONAL Titan!"'"
----------------------------------------------------------------------
RedHawke is offline   you may:
Old 12-27-2005, 01:50 AM   #9
Emperor Devon
36 Wings, 365 Eyes

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedHawke
That very much so belongs in the Padawans Lounge, as windowed mode KotOR has nothing to do with modding, nor is it a technical problem for the Workbench.
Whoops! I actually meant the Workbench. Although the Padawan's lounge is for tips for the game, the Workbench is for technical issues, and playing in windowed mode could probably fall into either of those categories.

But, I suppose it doesn't matter much which of those forums the thread is in anyway.

It would be out of place in the Workbench, it falls squarely into the Padawan's Lounge realm, the cheats are there so should any other play tips. Windowed Mode is more a tip, than a technical issue. -RH

Quote:

Last edited by RedHawke; 12-27-2005 at 02:11 AM.
Old 12-27-2005, 10:34 AM   #10
Darth333
Administraterror

Some threads are a bit bordeline and can fit in more than one forum. There are a few threads about mod problems in the workbench forum because the causes may be multiple. Sometimes people suspect mods but it can be something else as well so in case of doubt, I just leave it there.

However, if you see something that is out of place, don't hesitate to use the "report post" button and describe the problem .
Darth333 is offline   you may:
Old 08-16-2006, 10:44 PM   #11
ViperSkeele
Rookie

JUST RELAX, Take a DEEP BREATH and try to enjoy whats written more than focusing on what's potentially wrong with whats written. You must stay stressed all the time focusing on these little details. Chill out bud, A) it's just a game, B) everyone here has lives, and C) the world isn't going to fall apart if you feel a post is misplaced. I personally feel that this forum is one of the tidiest, best organized, best monitored (you know by the complaints you've lodged against people and the immediate attention you've gotten) Friendly (in most cases) and entertaining forums I've ever been a part of. If it ain't broke don't complain to try to get people to fix it. Just my opinion.
ViperSkeele is offline   you may:
Old 08-17-2006, 05:40 AM   #12
Diego Varen
Left and may not return

This problem was sorted out in December. There's no need to bring this dead old Thread up again.

Agreed. ~ ChAiNz.2da

Last edited by ChAiNz.2da; 08-17-2006 at 12:55 PM.
Diego Varen is offline   you may:
Post a new thread. Sorry, this thread is closed. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Starwarsknights.com > Feedback > Moving topics