lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Ultimate (EAW) Mod. *2.0.1 released.*
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 01-24-2006, 09:16 PM   #41
Red Five
Lurker

Mine is similar except it crashes whenever I start a battle regardless if it's land or space

EDIT:Wait no just gets stuck on the loading screen for space

Last edited by Red Five; 01-24-2006 at 09:17 PM. Reason: Started to work
Red Five is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-24-2006, 10:35 PM   #42
Starkiller96
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fury161
1.9 doesn't work. crashes to desktop with an exception error when i try to load up the galatic campaign.
I hav this all the time, just push cancel and maximize the porgram again

Starkiller96 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-24-2006, 11:03 PM   #43
WakeMetal
Lurker

where is the SSD? i don't see it anywhere....
WakeMetal is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-25-2006, 12:12 AM   #44
war450
Lurker

it is belt at hoth in the ground section menu it will be one of the look alike star destroyers.
war450 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-25-2006, 06:55 AM   #45
Starkiller96
Rookie

Can u add more weapons to the SSD, also, is there a way to code it so that it has Xwing lasers that we could call AA guns,so I could shoot down fighters more easily, I mean, it is a SSD

Old 01-25-2006, 03:12 PM   #46
Starkiller96
Rookie

also, can anyone get the bombing runs and ion cannons load faster?

Old 01-25-2006, 06:02 PM   #47
JerAir

Things that need to be added in next version:

1. be able to build tanks-rebel soldiers and rocket troopers never have a CHANCE against the TIE tanks(or whatever they're called) or just take out the ground units altogether.

Edit: Am I just having a n00b moment saying you can't build mech units? Can you? I haven't figured out if you can... lol

2. take out units that people never build
There are some units that people never build and just take up 'build button' space. The SSD and SD take care of all the fighter units.. but there's plenty of extra space in the space unit bar.

Last edited by JerAir; 01-25-2006 at 06:41 PM.
JerAir is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-25-2006, 06:16 PM   #48
Starkiller96
Rookie

or maybemake it so i can buld more than 5 space veichles at a time, maybe unlimeted

Old 01-25-2006, 06:58 PM   #49
WhoJustDied
Lurker

is thier a certain way to destroy teh patrol cruisers cuz all my shots go right through them
WhoJustDied is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-25-2006, 07:28 PM   #50
Fury161

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starkiller96
I hav this all the time, just push cancel and maximize the porgram again
doesn't work. totally crashes the game on me.
Fury161 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-26-2006, 05:10 PM   #51
Leron
Rookie

Em, I just cant get into one thing.... when I'm attacking any enemy fleet with my Victory frigates, Fighters seems to appear from it's hangar... Well the question is: that Mod or game feature? If that's a game feature, than Why rebells can build fighters?
Leron is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-26-2006, 05:21 PM   #52
chr0n1x
Rookie

@Starkiller96
That is forced in the game im pretty sure, you would not be able to see them because there is only space on the command bar for 5 slots space, 5 ground.

@Leron
That is a game feature, every empire Capital is set so it will spawn fighters/bombers in battle. Since you are using an Empire unit it does spawn, even though you are on rebel.
Rebels are supposed to build their fighters since they are Hyperspace capable, and shielded, so they are a bit better than a TIE craft.
chr0n1x is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-26-2006, 05:47 PM   #53
Leron
Rookie

Eah, thnx! I guess that everyone, who played any of X-wing games know about hypespace and shieding... what if someone could possible code rebel fighters to appear from rebel frigates... but... I'm not sure If rebel capital ships have Hangars?

Oh, 'bout the Mod! that's great, but sometimes my Frigates refuse to attack Space station at all... ( Fighters and bombers keep on Fooling around and trying to make some damage, but that station has no Shield generator at all! so there's no way to destroy it!( Generator should be at the bottom of that station, but... station looks like that thing was blasted off... and shields are still online.... what a crap... so I can't escape from the battlefied, and I cant win...(( Hope that's just MYCOPY bug

there's allways something more...
Old 01-26-2006, 06:20 PM   #54
Epytron_Omega
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leron
Eah, thnx! I guess that everyone, who played any of X-wing games know about hypespace and shieding... what if someone could possible code rebel fighters to appear from rebel frigates... but... I'm not sure If rebel capital ships have Hangars?

Oh, 'bout the Mod! that's great, but sometimes my Frigates refuse to attack Space station at all... ( Fighters and bombers keep on Fooling around and trying to make some damage, but that station has no Shield generator at all! so there's no way to destroy it!( Generator should be at the bottom of that station, but... station looks like that thing was blasted off... and shields are still online.... what a crap... so I can't escape from the battlefied, and I cant win...(( Hope that's just MYCOPY bug
for the Rebels building fighters from the Capital/Frigates, its not possible in the demo, and unless they add this feature to them in the final version, we will have to add the hardpoints in a modeling program to make them be able to do this... trust me, I have spent the better half of a week trying to figure out how to do this and came to a conclusion... its just not possible with what we have now.

The ships not attacking the station once all hardpoints are destroyed... I get the same error, and that was with the basic game as well as Bryants 2.0 mod, so its the game...

EO

if you dont know where I am... Then your lost...
Epytron_Omega is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-26-2006, 06:30 PM   #55
Leron
Rookie

I've got some Idea It would be nice if both Imp and Rebels should build their fighters/bombers/scouts... e.t.c. and than drag&drop them to the capital ships... and finaly at the battlefield Capital ships could launch them from their hangars! It would be more realistic then an endles support of fighters on the Victorys and ISDs

Old 01-26-2006, 06:42 PM   #56
Ra2er
Rookie

I've had this happen a lot [The space station bug] and I've worked out a perfect solution that works everytime!

The hard points do not show up on the station because of the lack of station models with the demo for high tech space stations (So they did leave somethings out! *slaps face in disbelief*). Select all your fighters and bombers (Only fighters and bombers can do this bit btw), zoom in on the station until it's the only thing on the screen. Now look up at the top left corner of the screen, you'll see the hardpoints piled on top of each other, keep the zoom at max and attack the hard points with the fighters. Once they have their orders you can zoom out again. When a hard point is destroyed it appears right in the middle of the map, blowing up (very strange indeed), zoom back in on the station and target another hardpoint. Keep doing this until all the hard points are gone, the station will blow up and you've won.

p.s: it is much harder to achieve this if there are enemy ships left on the map, plus; it is impossible to destroy the station without fighters if this bug occurs...

I hope this helps coz it sure did for me!
I'll be making a new thread for this solution, it should help a lot of people...

Oh and by the way Leron the Imperial cap ships do not have an endless supply of fighters, read the descriptions of the cap ships in the tech tree.
Ra2er is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-26-2006, 06:58 PM   #57
Leron
Rookie

That's great THnx!

P.S.
eah, eah I know that supply is not endless in the battle, thats actually endless! if you win the battle, your Cap ships appear with all the Hardpoints and Fighters.... and they can hold on as long as you wish... after every battle the apear fully repaired and recharged

Old 01-26-2006, 07:02 PM   #58
Ra2er
Rookie

Oh I see what you mean now, sorry bout the misunderstanding.
Ra2er is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-26-2006, 10:32 PM   #59
Kurgan
Headhunter

LFN Staff Member 10 year veteran! 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ra2er
I've had this happen a lot [The space station bug] and I've worked out a perfect solution that works everytime!

The hard points do not show up on the station because of the lack of station models with the demo for high tech space stations (So they did leave somethings out! *slaps face in disbelief*). Select all your fighters and bombers (Only fighters and bombers can do this bit btw), zoom in on the station until it's the only thing on the screen. Now look up at the top left corner of the screen, you'll see the hardpoints piled on top of each other, keep the zoom at max and attack the hard points with the fighters. Once they have their orders you can zoom out again. When a hard point is destroyed it appears right in the middle of the map, blowing up (very strange indeed), zoom back in on the station and target another hardpoint. Keep doing this until all the hard points are gone, the station will blow up and you've won.

p.s: it is much harder to achieve this if there are enemy ships left on the map, plus; it is impossible to destroy the station without fighters if this bug occurs...

I hope this helps coz it sure did for me!
I'll be making a new thread for this solution, it should help a lot of people...

Oh and by the way Leron the Imperial cap ships do not have an endless supply of fighters, read the descriptions of the cap ships in the tech tree.

As so there IS a way out of that situation! Thanks for the tip!

Download JK2 maps for JA Server|BOOT CAMP!|Strategic Academy|
(JA Server: 108.178.55.189:29070)

"The Concussion Rifle is the weapon of a Jedi Knight Player, an elegant weapon, from a more civilized community." - Kyle Katarn
Kurgan is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-26-2006, 10:34 PM   #60
Kurgan
Headhunter

LFN Staff Member 10 year veteran! 
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhoJustDied
is thier a certain way to destroy teh patrol cruisers cuz all my shots go right through them

It's fantastically annoying I agree. This has to be a bug. But you can destroy them by having your Mauraders "bombard the area" where they are with their missiles. Also, you can sometimes get in like every 10th or so shot by attacking the "area" they're in and ON them so it's a red circle rather than a green one (attack move, rather than normal attack). It's very time consuming though, so I'd use the Mauraders or any other craft with missiles to destroy them. Also for shuttles.

Download JK2 maps for JA Server|BOOT CAMP!|Strategic Academy|
(JA Server: 108.178.55.189:29070)

"The Concussion Rifle is the weapon of a Jedi Knight Player, an elegant weapon, from a more civilized community." - Kyle Katarn
Kurgan is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-27-2006, 09:10 AM   #61
Darth_Extas

For the Patrol ship, I have lurred them into a space station and they die a lot quicker it seems. I have lurred them with a Mon Cal & a group of Nebulan Bs as well about two Blockade Runners, This is of course after the main battle has happened.

Sig made by Princess Lyla

http://gh.ffshrine.org?r=20872

The Sith will always be around as long as there is hate in the Galaxy.

Dark Hands of the Empire(Clan Member)
Darth_Extas is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-27-2006, 11:21 AM   #62
Kingdark
Lurker

what i realy would like to see is that the limit of 25 command points in space is to little! i would like to see more command points as 25
i dont know how to higher them ingame...
Kingdark is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-28-2006, 10:09 AM   #63
Starkiller96
Rookie

HEy, i havnt heard from augrunt for a while, wonder where he is

Old 01-28-2006, 01:34 PM   #64
arkodeon
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. DancyRobot
dont call it a SSD if all it is, is just a oversized SD. dont get me wrong, i love the "SSD" i just wish they would'nt call it that. it got my hopes up.
Perhaps, then, we could let it stand for "Super-sized Star Destroyer?"
arkodeon is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-31-2006, 10:45 PM   #65
Prototype
Rookie

war450, are you going to update the SSD to the description? Also, the Calimari Crusier looks huge now.

regardless, great job on the mod, cant wait for 2.0.
Prototype is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-03-2006, 06:09 AM   #66
augrunt
Rookie

Ultimate EAW Mod (Name Change + New Official Site)

As Featured On Filefront in a News Post!!! (Click Here to See It)

Ultimate Mod has now changed it's name to Ultimate Empire at War. To Symbolize the Change towards the Full Version!

The Official Website is located at www.ultimate-eaw.com

I would also like to take the opt. To thank Lucasforums.com even with it's bumpy roads it was Ultimate Mod's home! I will continously post updates to the modification on Lucasforums!

[Stay Tuned for Ultimate EAW Forums in Production!]

thread merged with original thread + name change ~ Moel

Last edited by Jeff; 02-04-2006 at 12:59 AM.
augrunt is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-03-2006, 01:23 PM   #67
Darth_Extas

I can't seem to login, I think it has something to do with the site, since I cannot log in, but brilliant job on the banner.

Sig made by Princess Lyla

http://gh.ffshrine.org?r=20872

The Sith will always be around as long as there is hate in the Galaxy.

Dark Hands of the Empire(Clan Member)
Darth_Extas is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-03-2006, 08:08 PM   #68
augrunt
Rookie

Forums r comming... they r actually installed and everything i just have to bridge it with the database from the site so people dont have to sign up twice for everything.
Old 02-04-2006, 12:37 AM   #69
EAWFAN

i have a sweet forum 23 members in 5 days you can also talk at my place to and other mods and such it is
~Snip~ i cant afford a domain so i settle with a sub domain and moderators please dont ban me i have helpful guides on there for modding and such and if you dont like this post simply delete it or email me that it is inapropriate(wouldnt see why though its all about EAW nothing against lucasforums) just please dont ban me (for any reason you might, i meen look your allowing the link to augrunts site i think it would be discrimination for letting some one post a link to theres and not let the other person post one to theres)

Guilty conscience? advertising is against the forum guidelines. - Moel
EAWFAN is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-04-2006, 12:56 AM   #70
Jeff
Rating: Awesome

Current Game: SWTOR
Imperialist Meatbags Guild Officer The Walking Carpets Guild Officer Notable contributor LFN Staff Member 
Augrunt posted his website so people could view updates on the mod. You posted your website so people would sign up for your forum.

End of discussion.

Follow me on Twitter
Follow StarWarsMMO.net on Twitter | Like us on Facebook
Jeff is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-04-2006, 01:07 AM   #71
EAWFAN

Quit spamming augrunt's thread. If you think you have been treated unfairly, PM me and we can discuss it. - Moel
Old 02-04-2006, 05:13 AM   #72
crome676
Lurker

Hey im the new designer/modeller for ultimate empire at war mod.

Last edited by Insane Sith; 02-04-2006 at 12:22 PM. Reason: Rawr.
crome676 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-04-2006, 12:14 PM   #73
jonesyjonez
Rookie

I'll be adding a few surprises to the SSD as well as minor tweaks to the ISD, MonCalamari Cruiser and space stations for the next release.

jonesyjonez is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-04-2006, 12:21 PM   #74
El Sitherino
The Original.

Hot Topic Starter LFN Staff Member Forum Veteran LF Jester 
Thread cleaned up a bit.

'Grats on the new site, etc.

“This body is not me. I am not caught in this body.
I am life without limit.”
El Sitherino is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-04-2006, 01:31 PM   #75
jonesyjonez
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insane Sith
Thread cleaned up a bit.

'Grats on the new site, etc.
Thanks, i've set up similar sites countless times so it was quite painless.

Old 02-04-2006, 07:02 PM   #76
augrunt
Rookie

God almighty... just finished the last modifications to the website... New forums, New Avatars... god the whole enchalada... *Correct me if i said that wrong*... now i can atleast get people posting on the forums requestion features and bug reports *slaps his face* forgot to add the bug forums lol.

Anyway... Site has been re-updated with new features such as a flashing news ticker, extended who is online features + editing your profile from the user menu... *wipes sweat* i can finally relax... and hope those god damn hackers stop bringing the damn thing down... also just on a side note. if anyone needs a site hosted or something, jones is a good technical website admin lol.

Oh and Ultimate EAW 2.0 comming out today or 2morrow depends on where u r... Watch for it :P
Old 02-04-2006, 07:30 PM   #77
EAWFAN

hey are you guys gonna make any mods for EAW core game or is ultimate mod gonna die out ,though even if you did make a mod for EAW it would take a long long long... time
Old 02-04-2006, 07:34 PM   #78
augrunt
Rookie

do the above images answer ur question? (check my signature) lol. we are gonna continue, we still havent figured out what our goal is gonna be...

Demo = was to unlock as much as we could
Full = Now that everything is unlocked, our primary goal died... so we might just start programming things in there that are not meant to be in there... can anyone say Tie Opressor? Tie Interceptor?
Old 02-05-2006, 12:45 AM   #79
jonesyjonez
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by EAWFAN
hey are you guys gonna make any mods for EAW core game or is ultimate mod gonna die out ,though even if you did make a mod for EAW it would take a long long long... time
One thing is for certain, the mod will definitely not die out, we plan to take the game to a new level of gameplay.

With regards to any downtime, my host has reported network instability due to DDos attacks on two other servers on the network that have now been taken down. There still may be a few glitches, however I believe it's smooth sailing from here.

Old 02-05-2006, 05:15 AM   #80
Prototype
Rookie

As of right now, the site seems slow. I will try another time and tell you if it gets better.

Prototype is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Empire At War > EaW General Discussion > Modding forum > Ultimate (EAW) Mod. *2.0.1 released.*