lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Kotor Tool feature requests
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 02-08-2007, 04:37 PM   #41
Mono_Giganto
Giant Monkey of Doom™

Current Game: Baldur's Gate EE
Veteran Modder Helpful! 
I know Fred is generally inactive... But hey, so am I... So here's a thought from one old-time-lurker to another.

How about a way to simply view a mesh within the tool, without having to extract it and run it through MDL Ops? No need for editing functions... But so many meshes have meaningless names... And I don't want to extract everything and run all of them through MDL Ops, and import all of them into Max... I get enough errors as it is importing one mesh, since my version of NWMax doesn't match my copy of 3DS Max.

Just a thought.

Mono_Giganto is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-09-2007, 06:23 PM   #42
newszi
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mono_Giganto
And I don't want to extract everything and run all of them through MDL Ops, and import all of them into Max... I get enough errors as it is importing one mesh, since my version of NWMax doesn't match my copy of 3DS Max.

Just a thought.
Hi! That's a good idea. However to simply watch a modell, you do not need 3DSmax nor other 3D editing tool.
I posted a simple post about using MDL viewer for the work.
http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=164901
You still need MDLops though. However kotor tool has a more up to date version of mdlops built in that I could find for download. So I suggest, you should just try to extract the stuff you want with KotorTool. So you do not need MDLops at all.
newszi is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-09-2007, 11:15 PM   #43
Darkkender
Knight of Holowan

Current Game: Star Wars The Old Republic
Veteran Modder 
Actually Kotor Tool includes mdlops 0.5 which is not quite the newest version. The newest version of mdlops is 0.6a4 however I believe you have to do a forum search to find it's link.

Working so, we will learn history as a tree knows it; we will climb into shapes printed in the seed; we will become time made visible, years made fragrant; we will make of concentric memory a stem of praise; we will inhabit daylight at a trees own speed; we will be travelers who remain, patriots to this ground.
OMG I only rank 62.13018% geek or a Extreme Geek as it is referred to on the geektest at Geektest
[TSL]Holowan Plugin
Darkkender is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-28-2007, 02:36 PM   #44
Rinku
kad'la tracinya be abiik

Current Game: SWBF, Pokemon SS
I think that you should add a feature that lets Mac users use the Kotor tool (mainly because I am a Mac user and I know people who play Kotor who have Macs).
Rinku is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-16-2007, 04:50 PM   #45
Mindtwistah

I wonder where Fred might be now? Maybe he's dead xD

But anyway, maybe someone already requested this but I would like an advanced GFF-editor built in to Kotor tool. That will save me a lot of time as I don't have to extract the file, open K-GFF, find the file and edit it.

Mindtwistah is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-17-2007, 06:10 AM   #46
glovemaster
Now-a-days GroovyCarrot

Current Game: No time for games, sadly
Helpful! 
I hope he's not dead.. Anyway, i though that multiple extraction would be fantastic, seen as FindRefs won't extract TPC as TGA files. And models are extracted as ASCII

If you're looking for any of the junk I did a few years ago; you can probably still find it all on filefront

Last edited by glovemaster; 06-17-2007 at 06:21 AM.
glovemaster is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-17-2007, 06:59 AM   #47
stoffe
Network Caretaker

Helpful! 10 year veteran! Notable contributor 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindtwistah
But anyway, maybe someone already requested this but I would like an advanced GFF-editor built in to Kotor tool. That will save me a lot of time as I don't have to extract the file, open K-GFF, find the file and edit it.
You should be able to make KotorTool automatically open GFF files (without their own specific file type editor) with k-gff instead of bioware's old GFF editor by renaming k-gff.exe to GFFEditor.exe and putting it in the KotorTool folder.
stoffe is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-25-2007, 01:33 PM   #48
Mindtwistah

I know Fred's inactive but here comes my request:

Fred, if you see this, could you make an unlimited feature to the merchants inventory? So that I can make the merchants items unlimited.

Mindtwistah is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-25-2007, 11:52 PM   #49
RedHawke
Shadow Lord Of The Sith™

Current Game: DDO, Stormreach
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindtwistah
Fred, if you see this, could you make an unlimited feature to the merchants inventory? So that I can make the merchants items unlimited.
I don't know if KT does it but you can already do this, using a GFF Editor, there is a node in the item list in the merchants .utm file;

Infinite (Byte)

Set the node to a 1 if you desire infinite items of this type to be sold from the seller.

"Beware the form-fitting black armor-clad Drow hottie with twin Mineral II Greensteel Khopeshes!"
"Liella d'Orien says, '"You're the fool, Devil. -- Witness the power of this fully ARMED and OPERATIONAL Titan!"'"
----------------------------------------------------------------------
RedHawke is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-18-2007, 06:43 PM   #50
jedijed
Rookie

Arrow Request Thread...

Is there someway to be able to use to kotortool's module editor WITHOUT a map file, I don't care if it looks all black, but I REALY NEED TO USE THIS FEATURE FOR SOME 'UNSUPPORTED' MODULES (such as M4-78 and others...)

Thanks,
jedijed

JEDIJED has returned from the shadows.

P.S-What is that 'rookie' thing that changed from 'lurker' below my name?

Last edited by jedijed; 12-19-2007 at 04:04 PM.
jedijed is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-24-2008, 04:29 PM   #51
LoganZezima
Rookie

A map maker would be nice!

"Well that let the cat out of the bag! Wait... Who puts cats in bags anyways? Cats hate bags!"- Sheogorath, Prince of Madness

92% of teens have moved onto rap. If you are part of the 8% that still listen to real music, copy and paste this into your signature
LoganZezima is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-25-2008, 06:01 PM   #52
Paddythegreat
Rookie

Just wanted to say thank you, superb tool, i wanted a dooku style saber and this tool allowed me to make myself a decent one with a little reading and concentration. Great work!
Paddythegreat is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-02-2008, 05:06 PM   #53
rexman1000
Lurker

I have posted only thrice elsewhere on this forum, but I have a major request.

Please add the "Infinite" checkbox to the merchant editor, as well as something that reads the GFF's so that the tool can tell what items are infinite in quantity. I tire of going back in K-GFF to re-add the reference myself, though I usually just go back and add it by replacing the "Dropable" reference with "Infinite" using a hex editor.
rexman1000 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-14-2010, 10:55 AM   #54
bryzz
Rookie

allow kotor tool's .2da editor to add columns
bryzz is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-14-2010, 12:34 PM   #55
Liverandbacon
I'm only worth a piano?

Forum Veteran LF Jester Folder extraordinaire 
Quote:
Originally Posted by bryzz View Post
allow kotor tool's .2da editor to add columns
I'm afraid the chances of that happening are close to nil, unless someone else takes up KOTOR tool development (which could only happen if they could get in touch with Fred, and get permission, not an easy task, unless they already had his email address), since Fred hasn't signed on for about 2 years now (though I came back after a 5 year absence, so hey, who knows?).

Right now, if you have excel, I'd recommend using tk102's Excel 2da read/write plugins. They can be found for download on the Starwarsknights.com modding tool page.

--Too Dumb to Quit--
Liverandbacon is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-19-2010, 07:02 AM   #56
newszi
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liverandbacon View Post
I'm afraid the chances of that happening are close to nil, unless someone else takes up KOTOR tool development (which could only happen if they could get in touch with Fred, and get permission, not an easy task, unless they already had his email address), since Fred hasn't signed on for about 2 years now (though I came back after a 5 year absence, so hey, who knows?).
It's not just permission, we would also need the source.
Alternatively if we make our own, then we need no permission.

BTW I also only come here every two years... :P
Don't sweat it. Welcome back.
newszi is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-11-2014, 11:10 PM   #57
ShortyIsHere
Lurker

Current Game: SW:KotOR/SW:KotOR II TSL
I Want to take up development of KotOR Too!

Fred!

My name is Shaun and i've been using your kotor tool for quite a while now and i would like to work on the source if you will allow me to, as i want to give the tool an overhaul as there is quite a lot that can be worked on. and i would like to put my name inside as a contributor to the tool.

also i would like to upgrade the .net framework on this tool

i would love to hear back from you over this tool as it really has got great potential to be made bigger and even more successful.

Shaun Cassidy
http://www.swkotor3.com/
ShortyIsHere is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Editing / Modding > T3-M4's Astromech Droid Center > KotOR Tool > Kotor Tool feature requests