lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Legacy of the Force Series [spoiler tags plz]
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 08-21-2007, 09:05 PM   #161
JoeDoe 2.0
n - 1

Here are the book release dates: (thnx wiki!!)

* Betrayal by Aaron Allston (Hardcover - released on May 30th, 2006)
* Bloodlines by Karen Traviss (Released on August 29th, 2006)
* Tempest by Troy Denning (Released on November 28th, 2006)
* Exile by Aaron Allston (Released on February 27th, 2007)
* Sacrifice by Karen Traviss (Hardcover - released on May 29th, 2007)
* Inferno by Troy Denning (Scheduled for release on August 28th, 2007)
* Fury by Aaron Allston (Scheduled for release on November 27th, 2007)
* Revelation by Karen Traviss (Scheduled for release on March 4th, 2008)
* Invincible by Troy Denning (Hardcover - scheduled for release on June 3rd, 2008)

JoeDoe 2.0 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-05-2007, 11:33 AM   #162
Gug Eyewalker

I finished Inferno the other day.
GREAT read...
spoiler:
The saber duel between Luke and Jacen was riveting. Luke is truly an awesome Jedi Master, he TOTALLY owns in this book. I think he is going to regret not finishing Jacen off though. Ben, although you're heart goes out to him, kinda of acted stupidly. He should stick close to his dad more often.
Everyone turns on Jacen, including Tenel Ka, and just when you think his fleet is going to become space-scrap Alema Rar shows up with the Sith meditation sphere and takes control of the Bothan fleet!

I highly recommend it. This series is all far better than any of the yuhzan vong nonsense, its all about familair and well established EU and original characters that are all family now. The only series I have enjoyed as much as this one is the Thrawn trilogy.
Frankly I am surprised its not talked about more, I guess most on this forum have not been reading it...

We are the music makers, and WE are the dreamers of the dream. -Willie Wonka
Gug Eyewalker is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-08-2007, 02:58 PM   #163
darthcarth

I agree i love this series i cant wait to see what type of treachery jacen commits next.

EmpireFTW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
darthcarth is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-27-2007, 09:35 AM   #164
JoeDoe 2.0
n - 1

Yeah, I just finished reading INFERNO too, and man that was a great book. Luke clearly is the main character here, as well as Ben, and we get to see just how far Jacen has fallen to the Dark Side. And we also get to visit a familiar dark planet from KOTOR....

Old 11-30-2007, 04:12 PM   #165
boinga1
Pimpin' ain't easy

Man, no posts in two months. Just finished "Fury" this afternoon. Honestly, I was a little disappointed with it.
spoiler:
There weren't any really memorable scenes, like the Luke/Jacen duel in Inferno or Mara's death, and Luke doesn't do anything for most of the book except sit around meditating (neither does Ben). As far as the plot, basically things wind up the same as when they began, except Centerpoint Station is destroyed. I also don't know why the book is called "Fury" and has Ben (I think) on the cover... because he doesn't do anything or express any "fury" during the course of the novel. Apparently Trevass is going to dig up Ben's anger issues for the next book, and Jaina is going to apprentice herself to Boba Fett in order to kill Jacen. I'm starting to wonder if "Revelation" might not be worth the read.

The book is average on the whole, not outstanding but not totally awful... I had just expected more given the last two books.
boinga1 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-05-2007, 08:47 AM   #166
Kadika
Rookie

I just finsh inferno...it was awesome

Kadika is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-08-2007, 01:13 PM   #167
HK-42
HK47+Marvin=

Current Game: AssassinsCreed,kotor
Hot Topic Starter 
EDIT: image sized down >>way too big..please consider low bandwidth users before posting High Res images[/img]

spoiler:
I thing Jacen's sister is gonna kill him

Last edited by Astrotoy7; 05-24-2008 at 02:14 PM.
HK-42 is online now   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-09-2007, 08:31 PM   #168
JoeDoe 2.0
n - 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by boinga1
Man, no posts in two months. Just finished "Fury" this afternoon. Honestly, I was a little disappointed with it.The book is average on the whole, not outstanding but not totally awful... I had just expected more given the last two books.
Well, each author devotes themselves to write about different characters (Like Karen Traviss writes about the mandalorians and Boba Fett), but yeah, Fury was not AWESOME yet not Bad, but the revelation at the end of the book was good. I'm looking forward to Revelation and Invincible.

Old 12-10-2007, 06:10 AM   #169
adamqd
Jedi vs Sith

Forum Veteran The Walking Carpets Guild Member 
Agreed, I finished it last week, I also got the Audio book to see if there was an exiting ending, or if a slip in my imagination had dulled the book... lets hope Revelation gets me hyped again

adamqd is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-02-2008, 05:12 AM   #170
Xirion

only read the first book, loved the pace and feel to it
if it continues like this im going to be pleased heh

no other sw books in a long time have really captured the sw feel

The Old Republic
Xirion is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-03-2008, 10:58 PM   #171
RobQel-Droma
Blah

Contest winner - Fan Fiction 
I've only bought the first two... thought they were both good. Have to get the rest of them now. LotF is really the only SW series I have gotten into.
RobQel-Droma is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-04-2008, 10:42 AM   #172
Prime
Am I a truck or robot?

Current Game: Skyrim, Macross PS2
10 year veteran! LF Jester Veteran Modder Helpful! 
I've found it to be very hit and miss. Some parts are truly entertaining, and others just seem silly...

Prime is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-06-2008, 05:24 PM   #173
Darth Xenus
Rookie

People are saying that they've read Fury, the release date was apparently last year...

But all of the book shops round here claim that its not out yet??!!??

"Good and evil are but points of view. Many would call me evil for the things I have done, but to myself and to my followers, I am the saviour of the galaxy. I have not shirked from my duty because it is unpleasant or because others will disapprove. I regret the deaths I have caused on this path, but they were necessary to prevent far greater evil. So, Jedi, who are you to say what I do is wrong?"

-Darth Xenus, Emperor of the Sith
Darth Xenus is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-17-2008, 04:15 AM   #174
sayoko
Rookie

Try amazon they have it, and yes its out for some time now i read it aswell, wasnt as good as the last book sadly.
sayoko is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-13-2008, 09:22 AM   #175
Kadika
Rookie

I can't wait for the other books...I haven't read a few of them cuz my libery is slow

Kadika is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-15-2008, 01:58 AM   #176
Blix
Veteran

Current Game: Morrowind & Dark Arisen
And to think I was so overjoyed with completing the "Dark Nest" trilogy, and nearly completing the NJO I only Have "Betrayal", and "Bloodlines", and barely picked up "Sacrifice" the other day. It's nice getting them later when the prices drop, and on the plus side I can read them all and finish the series at the same time

Blix is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-15-2008, 11:22 AM   #177
adamqd
Jedi vs Sith

Just finished "Invincible", Very cool (And surprisingly tear jerking) ending, great end to a great line of novels. won't spoil it for ya's Cant wait for the "Millennium Falcon" Novel coming soon!

Old 05-15-2008, 11:40 AM   #178
Gurges-Ahter
Tyler Durden

I want to start reading the books post RoTJ. Where should I start? Is it best to start with the X-Wing Series and work my way through all of them chronologically?

Gurges-Ahter is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-15-2008, 11:50 AM   #179
adamqd
Jedi vs Sith

If you've got the money and time, I would do it chronologically, check wookiee to see if anything has been ret-conned or isn't that relevant if you wanna skip a few

Old 05-15-2008, 07:07 PM   #180
Miltiades
Death... by Exile

Imperialist Meatbags Guild Member The Walking Carpets Guild Member Forum Veteran Folder extraordinaire 
Argh. I never buy hardcovers, only paperbacks. That means waiting for Invincible for probably another year. Anyway, is it a good ending to the series?

Last edited by Miltiades; 05-16-2008 at 07:32 AM.
Miltiades is online now   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-16-2008, 04:34 AM   #181
adamqd
Jedi vs Sith

^^^
There are characters and plots I would of liked to see expanded on more, maybe in to the next series of novels, but overall it's the only series I've enjoyed from start to finish. I was happy with the way they handled the ending, even if I'm not completely happy with the outcome

Old 05-20-2008, 03:29 PM   #182
Lord Foley

I haven't read Revelation or Invincible yet, but I'm not gonna lie, I absolutely hate the Legacy of the Force series, for several reasons.

spoiler:
1. Jacen's decisions and thought processes make no sense. New Jedi Order ends with him being an absolute pacifist who has reached a level of understanding of the Force that literally makes him invincible. Troy Denning, in the Dark Nest, has Jacen return from his 5 year escapade suddenly willing to lead preemptive strikes against people who aren't even enemies. And in the beginning of Betrayal, suddenly he is willing to kill people with absolutely no remorse. Would someone please tell me why that makes any sense?

2. Every novel that isn't a hardcover barely progresses the plot at all, if the characters don't end up exactly where they started. Inferno is the one book that actually managed to make a little progress, but Luke clearly made a totally irrational decision in the end. I understand not wanting to kill in hate, however, Caedus was down and out. He could have dragged him off the ship if he had to.

3. The Expanded Universe acted like New Jedi Order made the galaxy a totally new place, and yet in 10 years the jungle of Coruscant is gone and all the buildings are repaired and everyone is back. The "New" Jedi Order is exactly like the old one; the Galactic Alliance is just the New Republic with a different name (before it starts becoming like the Empire).

"Everything I tell you is a lie. Every question I ask you is a trick. You will find no truth in me."
―Vergere to Jacen Solo
Lord Foley is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-24-2008, 02:11 PM   #183
Astrotoy7
A Face from The Past

Notable contributor Helpful! Folder extraordinaire LFN Staff Member 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Foley View Post
hate!
lolz, hate is a pretty strong word, if LOTF distresses you that much >> I suggest you dont read the rest!

mtfbwya

Asinus asinum fricat
Astrotoy7 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-25-2008, 11:19 PM   #184
Lord Foley

Well, hate as much as I can hate a star wars book. I do still care where all the characters end up, but i think the writing has gone way done hill.

"Everything I tell you is a lie. Every question I ask you is a trick. You will find no truth in me."
―Vergere to Jacen Solo
Old 05-28-2008, 05:35 PM   #185
Miltiades
Death... by Exile

Imperialist Meatbags Guild Member The Walking Carpets Guild Member Forum Veteran Folder extraordinaire 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Foley View Post
Well, hate as much as I can hate a star wars book. I do still care where all the characters end up, but i think the writing has gone way done hill.
In my opinion, with a little more cooperation between the three writers, a little less dragging their own favorite characters into the story and some more time, this series could've turned out very good. I don't hate it, I'm just a little disappointed with the result.

Oh yeah, and for those who care: the paperback is scheduled for December, so I'll only have to wait half a year now. Has everything to do with the new Millennium Falcon novel that is scheduled for early next year and takes places after the LOTF series.
Old 05-28-2008, 11:14 PM   #186
Lord Foley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miltiades View Post
In my opinion, with a little more cooperation between the three writers, a little less dragging their own favorite characters into the story....
Amen. I'm looking at you, Troy Denning, with your Ewok and Sullustan who enjoy being in a story for no reason!

―Vergere to Jacen Solo
Old 05-29-2008, 12:43 AM   #187
darthcarth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Saruman View Post
EDIT: image sized down >>way too big..please consider low bandwidth users before posting High Res images[/img]

spoiler:
I thing Jacen's sister is gonna kill him

My god that ending was for lack of better that i could post on this forum term peice of crap.

I feel that i have wasted the 100 something dollars i have spent reading this series infact i dont think i am going to buy another book. Heck what is the point i know the ending of all them now since their hasent been one book one book at all where the bad guys win god i hate lucas.

Old 05-29-2008, 08:03 AM   #188
Ztalker
Saving the world casually

Forum Veteran 
Sorry to say, but what did you expect?

The Expanded Universe is so crammed full with stories, they have no freedom at all.
For example, in the Legacy comics, the ruler of the Imperial remnant is a Fell. So they need to push a Fell to the throne one day. Also, there is a new generation of Skywalkers, so Ben will at least have one son.

You see where this is going? There isn't much space left to go. And so they gave us this...an (in my opinion) boring book series which ends the way it started (with peace all over the galaxy) and only 1 important character killed. So it was a safe way to write...

I hope they can reboot the rebel era with the upcoming 'Shadows of Mindor' novels. And I heared rumours about an Old Republic book series. Which is quit possible, since there are thousands of years of history to explore there.

Ztalker is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-29-2008, 02:47 PM   #189
darthcarth

Yeah well I am done with these stories I am tired of the good guys always winning it get very tedious and heck I am tired with most of these characters I would have minded if Luke, Leia, Han, Jaina had all been killed. Thier was infinite possiblities that could have lead to Jag being head of the Imperials and for ben to have had a son but no they give us a reused ending.

spoiler:
Plus the killed of one of my favorite characters had had him beaten in a duel that lasted what 20 secs.

Last edited by swphreak; 05-30-2008 at 08:20 AM. Reason: spoiler tags
Old 05-29-2008, 09:57 PM   #190
Lord Foley

Spoiler tags, please.

―Vergere to Jacen Solo
Old 05-29-2008, 11:45 PM   #191
M@RS
The New Tax Collector

Quote:
Originally Posted by darthcarth View Post
Yeah well I am done with these stories I am tired of the good guys always winning it get very tedious
watch Episode 3 and you'll feel all better the bad guys win in that movie

Looks like a fruit cake to me. - Brutus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Q View Post
I don't want to get my hopes up, but it's like the planets are aligning or something.
M@RS is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-30-2008, 04:06 AM   #192
adamqd
Jedi vs Sith

^^
And the Empire Strikes Back

Old 05-30-2008, 08:32 AM   #193
swphreak
My cabbages!!!

10 year veteran! Folder extraordinaire LFN Staff Member Forum Veteran 
Eh, it was alright.

Since I read the Legacy comics, I've been wondering how a Fel became Emperor. Now we just need to know who Kol's mother was. Gonna take a wild stab, Tahiri?

Back on topic: An end to a series. I agree, the writing has gone downhill. Someone needs to kick these authors and editors in the buttocks for slacking off.

And now I can't help myself waiting for Millienium Falcon... (spoiler alert)
swphreak is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-30-2008, 01:02 PM   #194
M@RS
The New Tax Collector

hmm I wonder what happens in that book

Quote:
I don't want to get my hopes up, but it's like the planets are aligning or something.
Old 05-31-2008, 07:52 PM   #195
Miltiades
Death... by Exile

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarWarsPhreak View Post
And now I can't help myself waiting for Millienium Falcon... (spoiler alert)
StarWarsPhreak adds to his SW collection. You still have enough space?
Old 05-31-2008, 08:10 PM   #196
M@RS
The New Tax Collector

lol, I hope it fits

Quote:
Old 05-31-2008, 08:43 PM   #197
Ali1392
Rookie

well theres been few where the bad guys win Dark lord rise of darth vader comes to mind, the bane books esspecially the 2nd one 1st not so much. But yea thats why i dont like the legacy era books it ussually involves some ridiculas feat from one of the good characters and them becoming one with the force being used as the excuse for them doing this feat
Ali1392 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-03-2008, 11:35 AM   #198
Prime
Am I a truck or robot?

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarWarsPhreak
Eh, it was alright.
It certainly fizzled big time. I thought it started out with a lot of promise, but they just dropped the ball completely. I still have to get through Invincible, but I'm having to force myself to. Unfortunately, after the DNT and LotF, that has pretty much put the nail in the coffin for my interest in post-ROTJ novels. I'm getting tired of reading about major characters that are getting into their 70's and beyond. It's time to move on!

Quote:
Since I read the Legacy comics, I've been wondering how a Fel became Emperor. Now we just need to know who Kol's mother was. Gonna take a wild stab, Tahiri?
I thought it was a forgone conclusion that it was going to end up being Jaina?

Quote:
Back on topic: An end to a series. I agree, the writing has gone downhill. Someone needs to kick these authors and editors in the buttocks for slacking off.
Tru dat. Oh, and they might want to run a spell checker at some point.

Old 06-03-2008, 01:45 PM   #199
adamqd
Jedi vs Sith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prime View Post

I thought it was a forgone conclusion that it was going to end up being Jaina?
Kol is a Skywalker... that would be gross... saying that though, isn't cousin love aloud in certain sectors?

Kol= Cade Skywalker's Dad, descendant of Ben

The Fel's= Descendant's of Jagg and most likely Jaina

Old 06-10-2008, 11:31 AM   #200
Prime
Am I a truck or robot?

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamqd View Post
Kol is a Skywalker... that would be gross... saying that though, isn't cousin love aloud in certain sectors?

Kol= Cade Skywalker's Dad, descendant of Ben

The Fel's= Descendant's of Jagg and most likely Jaina
Sorry, I misread what you had said. I meant that it was a forgone conclusion that Jaina would get with Fel.

Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Star Wars > Expanded Universe > Legacy of the Force Series [spoiler tags plz]