lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Legacy of the Force Series [spoiler tags plz]
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 06-10-2008, 01:49 PM   #201
Astor
It's Thornhill!

Current Game: The Old Republic
LFN Staff Member Forum Veteran Helpful! 
I think that, given the popularity of a Jag/Jaina romance, that Jaina will, eventually end up getting together with Jag, as not only would it nicely explain the Fel dynasty's Force Sensitivity, but it would be nice for something good to happen to Jaina for a change - especially after the events of Invincible.

Plus, i'd like that to happen.

As to Kol's mother, there are a lot theories. Some people have said Tahiri - which, while a good choice, wouldn't necessarily be mine. Some people have even said Allana - but I don't think that would be a good idea at all. That said, it probably will be Tahiri - it's the only choice I can think of, unless they create a new love interest for Ben.

But that's assuming that Kol is going to Ben's son (I agree that it probably will be his son, but they might make him Ben's grandson - but I doubt that's possible in the timeframe set down).

But what i'd really like to know is... How is Luke going to die? We all know it's going to happen - but how?
Astor is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-16-2008, 11:23 PM   #202
Lord Foley

I still haven't finished Revelation and Invincible, but I'm not gonna lie: it's a chore. At first, I hated the New Jedi Order series, and in the end I loved it. This time it's the exact opposite.

No way can they have Tahiri get with Ben. Why? Because as of now, Ben's generation consists of Ben. Ben needs a girl his age whom we haven't met before.

I can haz karacters plz? Whatever happpened to Valin Horn? He's gotta be late teens or early twenties by now. They should make a series, much like Young Jedi Knights (except adult level novels, though those books are still amazing) and introduce a pile of new, fully developed characters instead of reusing old plots with the same people.

"Everything I tell you is a lie. Every question I ask you is a trick. You will find no truth in me."
―Vergere to Jacen Solo

Last edited by Lord Foley; 06-16-2008 at 11:24 PM. Reason: Awkward transitions in paragraphs.
Lord Foley is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-17-2008, 04:30 AM   #203
Astor
It's Thornhill!

Well they mention a ton of Jedi throughout the series (Valin Horn, Tanola Si, Jaden Korr etc) but that's all they do. I know the plot needed to focus on Jacen's story, but a little divergence wouldn't have hurt...
Old 06-17-2008, 11:10 AM   #204
Lord Foley

On the contrary, a lot of divergence would have made the series a lot better. I find myself always thinking, "Yes, yes, Jacen is doing generic evil things and Ben is running around in circles. Get on with the plot."

"Everything I tell you is a lie. Every question I ask you is a trick. You will find no truth in me."
―Vergere to Jacen Solo
Lord Foley is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-30-2008, 12:25 AM   #205
HK-42
HK47+Marvin=

Current Game: AssassinsCreed,kotor
Hot Topic Starter 
well darth bane 1 was the first to pass through the best era they probalby will keep going down the legacy till we get to the comics. Or they could start with the kotor era, or go down the Sith order leading to emperor from bane.

HK-42 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-06-2008, 09:14 AM   #206
Astor
It's Thornhill!

Okay, so I finally finished reading Invincible. It was interesting, to say the least.

I was a bit disappointed by the brevity of each of the final fights - Ben v Tahiri was about two pages long, and Jaina/Caedus not much longer than that.

I still think it was a good finish for the story, but it could have been a bit better, I think.

The only think that's left me going 'what?' is:

spoiler:
Daala's accession to Chief of State for the Alliance. She may have been the only universally accepted choice, but i'd like to know the writer's reasons for it, too.

But overall, it was nice to see them setting the stage for Legacy.

Old 07-06-2008, 04:29 PM   #207
TKA-001
I sneer at thee.

Forum Veteran 
I have a question about Invincible. I'm hoping somebody will provide an adequate answer, because I've been turning it around in my head for some time and have been unable to make any sense out of it.

spoiler:
How did Adolf Hitler manage to get elected President of the United States?

"There is something going on in time and space, and beyond time and space, which, whether we like it or not, spells duty." -Winston Churchill

"For of all sad words of tongue or pen, The saddest are these: 'It might have been!'" -John Whittier

"Apathy is death." -Kreia
TKA-001 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Star Wars > Expanded Universe > Legacy of the Force Series [spoiler tags plz]