lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Send in your screens!
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 02-24-2006, 09:53 PM   #81
prab1991
Lurker

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by wedge2211

Best. Shot. Of. Lord. Vader. Ever.
He's look SCARY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
prab1991 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-25-2006, 01:46 AM   #82
Jmaster3265
Forumite

My Screenshots

This is just a topic I am going to make where i will post my skirmish screenshots! Please let me know what you think! It can be about the angles lightning, graphics, etc. (Note: I reduced the sizes with imageshack) *Improved Hero picture poses are coming soon* Difference: Higher quality, better poses and shot angles.

Here is just a shot of 2-M Imperial tanks and the sunset.

Here is a shot of AT-ST's and a AT-AT

Here is a shot of Obi-Wan and Darth Vadar Fighting

Here is a shot of Vadar using his "Force Crush" ability!

Here is a shot on Ryloth of Emperor Palpatine unleashing his "Force Lightning"on some Twi'leks.

Jmaster3265 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-25-2006, 09:31 AM   #83
popcorn2008
Little Green Friend

We already have a screenshot thread Jmaster. Post your screens here next time. Thanks

> Lucas Forums Moderator
> Petroglyph Forums Moderator
> Unofficial Petroglyph Fan Forums Global Moderator
popcorn2008 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-25-2006, 10:54 AM   #84
Admiral Sith

"It may be that the old astrologers had the truth exactly reversed, when they believed that the stars controlled the destinies of men. The time may come when men control the destinies of stars." -Arthur C. Clarke

"Ideals are like stars: you will not succeed in touching them with your hands, but like the seafaring man on the ocean desert of waters, you choose them as your guides, and following them, you reach your destiny." -Carl Schurz
Admiral Sith is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-26-2006, 12:59 AM   #85
Dirk Pitt
Rookie

Location: On the Bridge of the Executor(im one of the guys doin nothin on the controls)

The Skyline of Corulag

The Imperial Security Squadron at http://iss-hq.net

Last edited by Dirk Pitt; 02-26-2006 at 03:32 PM.
Dirk Pitt is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-26-2006, 06:35 AM   #86
jedigun
Rookie

my online pic

jedigun is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-26-2006, 08:22 AM   #87
jedigun
Rookie

2 ywing squadrons bombarding in formation

jedigun is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-26-2006, 09:42 PM   #88
Dirk Pitt
Rookie

Location: On the Bridge of the Executor(im one of the guys doin nothin on the controls)

The Power of Broadside Cruisers, those two Broadsides did all the damage, and ended up killing the entire thing.And there were only two of them.(It took about 4 minutes.)

Old 02-27-2006, 05:56 PM   #89
Jmaster3265
Forumite

DMUK i got better screenshots taken of my hero pics you used for the forum website. Can you replace them? THere the Imperial Heroes. I will load the Rebel ones later. (there JPEGS though so image quality isnt as high as PNG, but the should look better i set graphics all the way up. if the same or not i can re-take and save as GIF or PNG, and there in better positions/angles)

http://www.empireatwar.net/empire/heroes/index.htm

Old 02-27-2006, 09:45 PM   #90
Admiral Sith

I dont see why they made Mara Jade look 50 years old. Shes only a bit older than Luke for goodness sakes!!

"It may be that the old astrologers had the truth exactly reversed, when they believed that the stars controlled the destinies of men. The time may come when men control the destinies of stars." -Arthur C. Clarke

"Ideals are like stars: you will not succeed in touching them with your hands, but like the seafaring man on the ocean desert of waters, you choose them as your guides, and following them, you reach your destiny." -Carl Schurz
Old 02-27-2006, 11:53 PM   #91
evenflow80
Rookie

Testing if this works:

evenflow80 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-27-2006, 11:55 PM   #92
evenflow80
Rookie

Last edited by evenflow80; 02-28-2006 at 12:06 AM.
Old 02-28-2006, 10:21 AM   #93
Admiral Sith

Vader leading a company of Stormtroopers to take Corellia for the Empire.

Old 02-28-2006, 01:01 PM   #94
MistenTH
Rookie

The Imperial Corulag Sector fleet engages a Rebel heavy battle fleet in combat. TIEs streak in to pound on the deflector screens.

A Mon Cal cruiser suffers strafing runs.

3 squadrons of TIEs commence strafing runs.

X-wings pound a Star Destroyer with laser fire.

A raging battle, beneath the star's bright glare.

A Corellian Gunship flies in close, unloads a concussion missile barrage at point blank range, and pulls away.

EAW: Star Wars Realism v3.0 - a mod that improves the realism, balance & gameplay from the default EAW Space Combat & Space Skirmish. Introduces a FLEET! Deathmatch mode.

http://pff.swrebellion.com/index.php?topic=2763.0
http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=161089

EAW: Tactical Command - a Space Skirmish mod that seeks to bring tactics to EAW. Also introduces Scenario play.

http://pff.swrebellion.com/index.php?topic=3136.0
http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=162569
MistenTH is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-01-2006, 11:22 PM   #95
FuzzySmurf
Rookie

since screenshots are my long lost hobby with the Homeworld series... i figured i would post a few of mine too...

these were taken on my 2.5 year old system, graphics arent as high as i would like them to be but it still looks pretty and runs real smooth

classic pic of imps vs nebs

outpost getting slammed

snowspeeder stunt pilot

someone is going to die

hopeless fight

the walkers are coming the walkers are coming

crazy legs

nebs in formation

chaos in the asteroids

well i think thats enough bandwidth for now, i dont want to kill any potential 56k'ers... if you want more just ask, and ill put some more up (i also have a few outakes sort of pics with funny things but im not sure if i want to embed them cuase the huge bandwidth consumption already in this thread)

anyhoo, i need to get to bed now since i have to wake up for work in not as many hours as i would like

til next batch, peace easy mates
FuzzySmurf is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-01-2006, 11:30 PM   #96
boc120
Rookie

keep 'em coming smurf, those are really nice
boc120 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-01-2006, 11:52 PM   #97
Commander Obi-Wan
Gold Standard

Current Game: BioShock 2
Forum Veteran 
Nice, man. :thumpsup:

Unforunately, I have to press PrtScn to take pictures since I can't find my folder.

So, here ya go.

Commander Obi-Wan is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-01-2006, 11:56 PM   #98
wedge2211
Commander, Rogue Squadron

C:\Documents and Settings\Your User Name\Application Data\Petroglyph\Empire at War\ScreenShots

I put a shortcut in my EaW directory so I don't lose it.

Really nice shots, FuzzySmurf, I like the compositions. That takes some lucky cinematic camera angles and a fast finger on F12!

wedge2211 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-02-2006, 12:01 AM   #99
Commander Obi-Wan
Gold Standard

Current Game: BioShock 2
Forum Veteran 
Quote:
Originally Posted by wedge2211
C:\Documents and Settings\Your User Name\Application Data\Petroglyph\Empire at War\ScreenShots
I tried already. Doesn't work. Meh, I barely take them since I can't just press F12 w/out pressing PrtScn....meh.

Thank goodness BFME II works for taking shots......j/k XP

Commander Obi-Wan is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-02-2006, 12:03 AM   #100
FuzzySmurf
Rookie

the secret is saving the engagement off the start so i can send my units around and blow stuff up and spend most of the time in the cinematic mode snapping screens like theres no tomorow and i can keep reloading any battle to take more pics from different angles...

fyi, i just did a search on my hd, ive taken nearly 900 screens to date... i have plenty of quality shots to pull from so ill post some more tomorow while im at school, gnight yall
Old 03-02-2006, 02:17 AM   #101
evenflow80
Rookie

I used to spend a lot of time creating Homeworld 2 "art" pictures too! It got even better when I got Evillejedi's "Star Wars: Warlords" mod.

Question: how do you imbed pics directly into a post like that? All I am able to do off ImageShack is show small versions in my post that people have to click on to expand.
Old 03-02-2006, 03:43 AM   #102
dookie23
Rookie

Some of my work(Pirates At War):

New laser effects:

And my pirate infrantry.

dookie23 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-02-2006, 09:16 AM   #103
BuCkEt!
Rookie

Quote:
Question: how do you imbed pics directly into a post like that? All I am able to do off ImageShack is show small versions in my post that people have to click on to expand.
When posting the code that Imageshack gives you, use the "Direct Link To Image" code at the bottom of the Imageshack page.

Then when posting simply use the img - /img tag and it'll work.
BuCkEt! is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-02-2006, 04:17 PM   #104
FuzzySmurf
Rookie

ok, heres some more...

imp shattered over akbar's flagship

its a fist fight

try not, but do or do not, or get squished...

i cant see them, they cant see me

scenic view of some a-wings overflying an imp

with exception to lack of proper collision spheres this shot would be quite nice

if the AA would have come out in the saved shot this would have be equally as nice (i noticed sometimes it likes to save the screens without AA even when you have it on in game)

well that should be enough for now... ill bring some more with me for tomorow's edition of show and tell
Old 03-02-2006, 04:48 PM   #105
Rousdower
Lurker

Very nice. Those seem to be the best quality screenshots on this thread so far. The bump mapping is phenomenal. Are you using Radeon or Nvidia?
Rousdower is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-02-2006, 05:27 PM   #106
popcorn2008
Little Green Friend

FuzzySmurf!! Those are some great, and I mean great screenshots! Wow the obi-wan shot blew me away! Great job!!!

> Lucas Forums Moderator
> Petroglyph Forums Moderator
> Unofficial Petroglyph Fan Forums Global Moderator
popcorn2008 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-02-2006, 05:29 PM   #107
Jmaster3265
Forumite

Not really, a lot of peoples screenies look close to his.

Old 03-02-2006, 05:33 PM   #108
FuzzySmurf
Rookie

its a nvidia geforce 5900 ultra 512mb, its like 2-3 years old but it still kicks some serious pixel backside, that and 2 gigs of ram on a 533mhz bus doesnt hurt either...
Old 03-03-2006, 06:45 AM   #109
DarthMaulUK

Some of these screens are incredible. I've selected some really good ones and sent them to Mike @ Petroglyph as he was keen to see them. Great stuff - keep it up!

DMUK
  you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-05-2006, 01:55 PM   #110
Dirk Pitt
Rookie

Good pic, but better if i had a better GFX Card

Old 03-05-2006, 02:43 PM   #111
wedge2211
Commander, Rogue Squadron

You know, I find that even with all the other settings way down, turning the texture detail all the way up allows Empire at War to run fairly smoothly and look pretty good on my 64mb GeForce4. You might try that.

wedge2211 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-05-2006, 03:40 PM   #112
wuyanxu
Rookie

what? my Geforce4 Ti4400 with 128MB memory won't even run the game smoothly with medium to low setting. is this game more CPU dependent or more Gfx dependent??
wuyanxu is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-05-2006, 07:27 PM   #113
FuzzySmurf
Rookie

ok, im finally back with more of that goodness i call screenshots, and this one is a kicker too, the motherload... be ye prepared to scroll down and gander at what lies below

imperial fleet parade

isd close-up

fall of kashyyk

engine inspection

dodging asteroids

dogfight around akbar

tartan doing its part

rebels worst nightmare 1

rebels worst nightmare 2
Old 03-05-2006, 07:29 PM   #114
FuzzySmurf
Rookie

nice missle shot

tatooine's demise

very devoted rocket platform

a few st's saying hello to the local garrison

someone's asteroid is not a safe place

some aclamators tellin the pirates what up

the ultimate anti y-wing fleet

akbar is surrounded

corvette getting swarmed

whew... wow that was a lot of pics.... i figured it should probably get it out of my system or id be coming back every day and posting more and more and more when i have more pressing matters to attend to

so enjoy yourselves cuase i wont be posting or taking any more shots for at least 2 weeks cuase school has now officially taken all my free time until finals are done with

and did i mention that i used to run the Homeworld series largest screenshot archive? http://www.strategyplanet.com/hwshots

anyhoo, have at it folks... and be sure to tell Mike @ Petroglyph hes got some more screens to gander at...
Old 03-05-2006, 07:34 PM   #115
Jmaster3265
Forumite

About your screenies what do you save them as to keep the qaulity the same? I noticed when i take mine the quality comes out worse after i save them. Finally, do you take screenies or skirmishes, campaigns, what? both?

Old 03-05-2006, 07:37 PM   #116
Jmaster3265
Forumite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commander Obi-Wan
I tried already. Doesn't work. Meh, I barely take them since I can't just press F12 w/out pressing PrtScn....meh.

Thank goodness BFME II works for taking shots......j/k XP
same with me, expect it takes the screenies but when i go to the folder it shows the "x" or these so called white squares that should be the screenies. And when i click it it says what do i want to open it up as...

Old 03-05-2006, 07:46 PM   #117
FuzzySmurf
Rookie

i take screens primarily from campaign or conquest, i dont much care for the coloring schemes it adds to the ships for skirmishes

since it saves the screens in .tga format not too many programs will open them with much use, ive heard that gimp will read them, other then that the only other programs i know of would be photoshop or paintshoppro, i use the later to open them and either save them as jpg's for uploading onto the server and sharing or as bmp's for wallpapers and such...

if you dont want to pay for a image editing software you can probably get away with opening the targa's in gimp and saving them as bmp's, then use Windows Picture and Fax Viewer to save them as jpg's...
Old 03-05-2006, 07:47 PM   #118
DS_Vespidbat
Rookie

man im so jealous...Smurf, ur my hero

DS_Vespidbat is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-05-2006, 07:49 PM   #119
Jmaster3265
Forumite

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzySmurf
i take screens primarily from campaign or conquest, i dont much care for the coloring schemes it adds to the ships for skirmishes

since it saves the screens in .tga format not too many programs will open them with much use, ive heard that gimp will read them, other then that the only other programs i know of would be photoshop or paintshoppro, i use the later to open them and either save them as jpg's for uploading onto the server and sharing or as bmp's for wallpapers and such...

if you dont want to pay for a image editing software you can probably get away with opening the targa's in gimp and saving them as bmp's, then use Windows Picture and Fax Viewer to save them as jpg's...

I opened it with a software that i have called "Adobe Photoshop Elements" but idk how it works and i can't copy the picture into paint?

Old 03-05-2006, 08:48 PM   #120
Ra2er
Rookie

I use a free photoshop-like program called 'photofiltre', a french-born program in full english. Can open, edit and change format of screenshots without losing the original visual quality. I'll post some screenshots soon.
Ra2er is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Empire At War > EaW General Discussion > Galactic Discussion > Send in your screens!